Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-26-2007, 03:39 PM   #51
Jas_lov
College Starter

Another excellent episode. Can't wait to see how Dexter deals with Doakes, his gunshot wound, the feds, rita, lila, and everything else. My guess is that a 3rd season is very likely. This show is the highest rated show Showtime has ever had and this season might be better than the last so there's no reason to get rid of it now.

Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 04:21 PM   #52
korme
Go Reds

Highest rated show ever for Showtime? That's incredible, I didn't think it was that popular.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 04:37 PM   #53
gkb
High School Varsity

I didn't even know that not having a 3rd season was a possibility. That would suck...this is really a good show.
Old 12-03-2007, 02:11 AM   #54
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

I like Doakes and I'll be sad when they get rid of him. His conversations with Dex have been cool. Maybe Dexter can get those tools back and implicate Lila instead.

Fire Ron Lee.

Last edited by TazFTW : 12-03-2007 at 02:12 AM.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 12:02 PM   #55
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW View Post
I like Doakes and I'll be sad when they get rid of him. His conversations with Dex have been cool. Maybe Dexter can get those tools back and implicate Lila instead.

I like Doakes as well, but I can't imagine there will be any way to have him hang around now. We watched this show before work this morning and it just continues to get better. This second season is much more unpredictable, and it is hard to predict what effects this week's revelation will have on Dexter's psyche going forward, but I can't wait to find out.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 12:28 PM   #56
Travis
Pro Rookie

Actually, at this point, I'm wondering just how long Doakes might be around. If that storyline progresses through next season (I'm assuming he doesn't get killed this season at this point) with the trial being a central theme, you could get at least half a season to a full season off that, then if Doakes is convicted, there's always the chance of him escaping and tracking Dexter down again in season 4 or 5. Certainly won't be the same exposure as he's getting now, but they've left the possibiilty open to continue the show with him sticking around.

Last edited by Travis : 12-03-2007 at 12:28 PM.
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 11:57 PM   #57
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Poor Doakes.

Nice ending that would have been good to close the series. It is good to see that Dexter will return in 2008. 5 minutes from the end I thought season 3 was going to have Dexter chasing Lila. Err, guess not.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:32 AM   #58
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Another great episode last night. I'm glad they didn't drag the Doakes situation out even though I like the character and the actor, I think this ending was more realistic. With Doakes still on the run or out there, you'd think someone besides La Guerta would start to believe him that he was framed or at least take a closer look at Dexter. I'm surprised Dexter found Lila so fast, but otherwise no quibbles with a great episode to end an excellent season.
Old 12-17-2007, 06:58 PM   #59
korme
Go Reds

My mom speculated she thinks he didn't cut her up because he was talking about starting over, and she thinks his new method is different so people don't question if the BHB is still out there.

I simply reason that he didn't cut her up because she was in France and news of her death won't hit Miami anyway so he isn't worried about just leaving her in that hotel room. Thoughts on that?
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 07:02 PM   #60
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I think his stabbing her in the heart was very personal as she messed with Rita and the kids. For all of his belief that he doesn't have feelings, he is realizing that he genuinely cares for them and it affected him. However, I do agree with your mom that he is going to vary his methods so as not to resurrect the idea that the BHB is still out there.
Old 09-28-2008, 04:51 PM   #61
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Season 3 starts tonight!

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 09-28-2008, 05:13 PM   #62
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Mrs. Eaglesfan27 and I are watching it right after the Eagles-Bears game (which she won't be watching with me.)

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 09-28-2008 at 05:14 PM.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:15 PM   #63
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Dang you people with your premium network!!! (Shakes fist)

For anyone who hasn't seen it, Dexter is one of the 5 best shows on TV. Watch it!
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 01:57 AM   #64
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I really can't take Rita anymore.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 05:58 AM   #65
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I really can't take Rita anymore.

I liked Rita the first two seasons, but hated the other woman from the second season that Dexter had a fling with.. Rita now in season 3 is starting to fall into her category as a distraction away from what I enjoy about the show.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 06:59 AM   #66
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I liked Rita the first two seasons, but hated the other woman from the second season that Dexter had a fling with.. Rita now in season 3 is starting to fall into her category as a distraction away from what I enjoy about the show.

I just don't see her that way. She is key to one of his central struggles. He is evolving, and actually starting to care even if it is ever so slightly about others besides himself. He cared that his baby survived. He seems to be getting some enjoyment about sharing his secret with someone, first Lila (sp?) and then Prado. Still one of my favorite shows on TV.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:07 AM   #67
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I just don't see her that way. She is key to one of his central struggles. He is evolving, and actually starting to care even if it is ever so slightly about others besides himself. He cared that his baby survived. He seems to be getting some enjoyment about sharing his secret with someone, first Lila (sp?) and then Prado. Still one of my favorite shows on TV.

I think I did not convey my thoughts well enough. I understand why Rita is there, and I understand the purpose of this arc to show another inner struggle that Dexter is dealing with. I was regarding more the actress and how she is played on the show. I felt the first two seasons Rita was more distant emotionally with Dexter due to issues in her own past. It created an interesting relationship and still allowed us to see the struggle that Dexter has relating to anyone.

When Lila (is that her name? I can't remember even), came into the scene, she was interesting at first to me.. but then she became too needy, was too whiny and I just didn't enjoy watching her character anymore and that effected my appreciation for the entire purpose of showing Dexter's need to be able to share the "true him" with someone as he had hoped he could have done with his brother the previous season at times.

Rita now seems to have been able to get closer to Dexter emotionally either through comfort or some inner need due to having his child and now she is coming off too whiny or needy now and just doesn't come off as sweet Rita anymore I guess. For whatever it is worth, I have -always- hated the actress that plays Dexter's sister in this show as well.. she just annoys me too.

Old 10-30-2008, 07:28 AM   #68
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I can see all that. I just find myself hitting the "+30" button on the remote every time she starts talking. Maybe i've found myself too often in the Dex type role where you have to keep knocking a dreamer spouse back down to reality, cause they have no concept of the way math works in regards to money, etc.

The ending to this storyline should be great. Especially how Prado is a lot smarter than Dex gives him credit for. I'm going to assume that at some point Prado will want Dex to off someone that doesn't meet the code(maybe involved with that Chicky Hines thing) and that will be the boiling point.

Last edited by stevew : 10-30-2008 at 07:29 AM.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:12 PM   #69
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I agree that Prado trying to get Dex to off someone who doesn't meet the code is the likely spoiling point in their relationship. I'm just curious how Dex will handle it.. will he further discredit Prado since LaGuerta is already suspicious or will he kill him off which would be outside the code?

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 10-30-2008 at 07:13 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:01 PM   #70
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I agree that Prado trying to get Dex to off someone who doesn't meet the code is the likely spoiling point in their relationship. I'm just curious how Dex will handle it.. will he further discredit Prado since LaGuerta is already suspicious or will he kill him off which would be outside the code?

My guess is if that is where this season is going, something will present itself in a way where Dexter finds the need to kill him within the code. He will find out some shady dark side of Prado where he was behind a bunch of crimes or something else.

Old 11-11-2008, 08:35 AM   #71
Jas_lov
College Starter

Quote:

This happened on this week's show with Prado wanting Dexter to kill the defense attorney and it was ultimately resolved. The episode was fairly predictable and I hope the rest of the season doesn't end up with Miguel or Quinn being the skinner.

The worst part of the show is the IA chick. I just wish she'd go away.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:44 AM   #72
Bad-example
College Starter

Been thinking Masuka is the skinner for a few weeks.
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:07 AM   #73
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad-example View Post
Been thinking Masuka is the skinner for a few weeks.

That would be unexpected. Quinn is my guess, and I really hope that I'm wrong.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:21 AM   #74
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That would be unexpected. Quinn is my guess, and I really hope that I'm wrong.

I told my wife that Sunday evening. Quinn is being staged in a certain way to where he's been trying to get trust from Dexter's sister, and at some point this season that will play a part in an episode as Quinn is revealed to be the skinner (and the IA girl who has been after him will suddenly be seen to be "in the right" the entire time) and Dexter's sister will realize she was played big time.

Old 11-11-2008, 12:08 PM   #75
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

Or Anton is the skinner, and Deb gets crushed again and next season she starts taking the law into her own hands, then dexter is forced with a decision to make.
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:52 PM   #76
Jas_lov
College Starter

Hopefully the skinner is a character we have yet to meet. The most predictable storyline is that Miguel Prado is the skinner, Dexter finds out, and he kills him for it. Quinn is probably the next most likely to be the skinner, then Anton, then Ramon Prado, then Angel's new girl, and so on.

Deb getting close to a guy and the guy turning out to be a serial killer has already been done so I don't think that'll be it.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:17 PM   #77
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
Hopefully the skinner is a character we have yet to meet. The most predictable storyline is that Miguel Prado is the skinner, Dexter finds out, and he kills him for it. Quinn is probably the next most likely to be the skinner, then Anton, then Ramon Prado, then Angel's new girl, and so on.

Deb getting close to a guy and the guy turning out to be a serial killer has already been done so I don't think that'll be it.

The reason I am not sure that Prado is the skinner is that somewhat destroys his need for Dexter. He needs Dexter to do the dirty work for him.. prado is not the killer, he is just a guy with shady intentions that is using Dexter to remove people in his way. He starts off with some criminals who are "bad" people, and then slowly tries to make that black and white distinction into grey with someone like the Defense attorney.

Old 11-11-2008, 03:19 PM   #78
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Did they show who the guy looking through the binoculars at Deb was? A few weeks back when she was talking to the black kid?
Old 11-11-2008, 05:48 PM   #79
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
The reason I am not sure that Prado is the skinner is that somewhat destroys his need for Dexter. He needs Dexter to do the dirty work for him.. prado is not the killer, he is just a guy with shady intentions that is using Dexter to remove people in his way. He starts off with some criminals who are "bad" people, and then slowly tries to make that black and white distinction into grey with someone like the Defense attorney.

Yeah, I really don't think it is Miguel. He is a slimy DA, but I think he is living vicariously through Dexter and has never killed himself. It's clear his father's past has messed him up as well as his brother, so I wouldn't be shocked for it to be the other Prado, but I doubt that too. I'm hoping it is someone we haven't met as well. To me Quinn would be the predictable choice, with Anton being the next most predictable. Even though, Deb has fallen for the wrong guy before, I wouldn't be shocked to see her do so again. It is clear that she has issues with selecting guys that are good for her.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 11-11-2008 at 05:48 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:11 AM   #80
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I think this last episode helps clear up that Anton is not the skinner, and I think it also makes me feel even more likely that it is Quinn as I had felt.

My next comment is in regards to the preview for next week, so I'll spoiler it:

Spoiler

Old 11-17-2008, 09:42 AM   #81
Bad-example
College Starter

A friend and I were speculating that Prado ending up in prison is a possibility.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:47 AM   #82
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I don't think Prado has any chance of ending up in prison - he knows way too much about Dexter for him to live once their relationship falls apart.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:52 AM   #83
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't think Prado has any chance of ending up in prison - he knows way too much about Dexter for him to live once their relationship falls apart.

Exactly.

Old 11-23-2008, 09:57 PM   #84
Jas_lov
College Starter

So Miguel Prado has been using Dexter all along and those two will now go toe to toe. Very good episode. Someone already said Prado is unlikely to go to prison so maybe Dexter just kills him. It wouldn't go against the code because Prado has now killed an innocent person.

No big twist on the identity of the skinner, but at least it wasn't Quinn. Dexter vs. Prado is the main storyline anyway. I think the skinner will come back for Deb and Quinn. One of those two will die.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:05 AM   #85
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I don't think the Skinner will come after Deb or Quinn but will come after Dexter. Prado did something sneaky when he went into the interrogation room to talk to him alone, and I wouldn't be surprised if it somehow screws over Dexter. I thought it was an awesome episode. I didn't see any of the big things happening: the length of time of Prado's deception, the skinner being someone unpredictable, and Dexter really showing some true strong emotion.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 11-25-2008 at 07:06 AM.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:53 PM   #86
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

I actually thought this season kind of started out slow, but the past couple episodes have been awesome.

The end of last nights has me counting down till next Sunday.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 03:58 PM   #87
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
I actually thought this season kind of started out slow, but the past couple episodes have been awesome.

The end of last nights has me counting down till next Sunday.

I didn't mind the beginning of the season because I knew it was building towards something great. This show has earned that kind of credit with me. Agreed about the last few episodes being outstanding. I can't wait for next Sunday night.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:02 PM   #88
Bad-example
College Starter

Great show. Great ending this week.

Killing off Prado seems like the predictable, easy way to write it. Hoping they go another direction.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:27 PM   #89
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Killing off Prado seems like the predictable, easy way to write it. Hoping they go another direction.

I started to type that I don't think there is any way Prado can live through this, but then I was thinking a bit more: Dexter has tangible physical evidence on Prado, whereas Prado has nothing physical on Dexter (that we know of.) LaGuerta is starting to become suspicious of Prado, so that works in favor of Prado possibly going to prison and no one believing his rants about Dexter there. However, that seems like a dangerous liability for Dexter to leave out there. As Dexter said, there is no easy way to kill Prado without drawing attention to himself, as they are linked publicly. I think the only easy resolution for Dexter is if a cop kills Prado after he is found out to be responsible for Ellen's murder. I hope they don't go that route. Any other route should lead to an interesting season next year.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:41 PM   #90
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Could be they do go a different direction, but if they do kill Prado (which is still the end game I'm guessing will happen) it'll likely be in a highly entertaining and unusual way. Can't see many ways of him remaining alive that'll make sense story wise that wouldn't seem entirely too contrived. I guess what I'm saying is that I hope they don't try and get too cute in handling this story just for the sake of not being predictable with the final result.

That said, I thought originally that Doakes would make it out alive and that season three would start off with his trial (and his accusations about Dexter and the fallout that would ensue) so maybe that'll be where season 4 ends up if they don't off Prado.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:57 PM   #91
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

One other thought is that I kind of hope they don't kill Prado because Jimmy Smits has done such a brilliant job playing him.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:12 PM   #92
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I think Season 3 now ranks ahead of season 2 as far as my enjoyability goes. Season 1 is still the overall winner probably due to it being brand new though. I agree though that I think it is likely Prado will die, that seems to be the way the show ties up these loose ends. I am dying to see how Dexter gets out of his current mess though. Probably more eager to see the next episode then I have been in a while.

Old 12-01-2008, 09:26 PM   #93
Jas_lov
College Starter

"You got the ring? I GOT CITY FUCKING HALL!!!!!!!!!"

Give Jimmy Smits an emmy already! The man is a genius. If only there was a way he could live another season. This show doesn't really like to end seasons on cliffhangers though so I doubt he lives.

It'll be interesting to see how Dexter gets away from the skinner. I think he might try to turn the skinner against Prado and have him do the killing of the DA.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:16 AM   #94
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

My wife and I just started watching DVD 1 and 2 and we are loving it thus far.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:30 PM   #95
Jas_lov
College Starter

Miguel Prado is dead. Didn't expect it to happen this episode and really didn't expect Dexter being captured for his bachelor party. Looks like Dexter may be in trouble for real next episode. Ramon Prado is one big angry bastard.
Old 12-07-2008, 11:43 PM   #96
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I wonder if george king is miguel's bastard brother or something.

Still despise Rita.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:19 AM   #97
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Loved the twist of Dexter being "kidnapped" for his bachelor party, and enjoyed his punch on Masuka even more. Another excellent episode. I can't wait to see how things resolve the next week. I'm thinking either Ramon or the Skinner will be left unresolved for next season.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:39 AM   #98
Bad-example
College Starter

Kind of a bummer, taking out Prado quickly and easily. Feel a bit let down by the anti-climax. The episode was still good but the writers just flushed him down, normal Dex style, bye bye Miguel.

At least they can have Jimmy Smits back in future seasons. He can be Dexter's dark side.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:36 PM   #99
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I didn't mind him taking Prado out that easily. Prado was a messed up person who is a master of the political game, but he doesn't have Dexter's real world experience with killing. I felt tension when he was killing Prado, but it was from Dexter's issues with his betrayed friendship. I loved the dialogue/interaction before he ended Prado's life. Also, I couldn't help but wonder throughout it if the Skinner was somehow going to save Prado which added to the tension. I just didn't see it as anti-climatic. Now, I'm looking forward to seeing the aftermath of that death as well as the issues of Ramon and the Skinner in the last episode.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 12-08-2008 at 12:42 PM.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:53 PM   #100
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Well. Another 9 month wait to the one of the best shows on TV.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote