Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-20-2009, 10:04 PM   #151
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
I just demolished a building of his that was earning over $1M per day.

Took out a $1.2 million rent per day building.

Check out this guy? Elayne? Is this person cheating? He's the local leader, but it doesn't look right for some reason.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:12 PM   #152
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Thanks guys.

Galesburg is MINE! ALL MINE!
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:35 PM   #153
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
Click the plus next to the building and click Demolish when the building card comes up.

Got it. Thanks.

The Eggman also demolished one of my buildings. That is not as bad as building hazard property, but if anyone has anything extra, throw it his way.

I also plan to return the favors. I should be doing a lot of building today.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:21 AM   #154
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
Check out this guy? Elayne? Is this person cheating? He's the local leader, but it doesn't look right for some reason.

Must be super-cheater... he's in my area, also (Norfolk, VA) with a lot of stupid properties that wouldn't be worth the time to click on. Tiny roads only one or two blocks long, each with one massive property on them.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 08:23 AM   #155
Subby
lolzcat

I took a different approach on my 4th turn. Previous three days had similar pattern - buy 1m road, load up with green houses, profit. After three days I had three roads (Old Chesterbrook Rd, N Lexington St., N Utah St.) packed with greens and earning about 3.3m average in rent.

When I logged in today I was surprised to see two local long roads still available. The first one was over 2m (Great Falls St.) and I was surprised it was still around - so I immediately scooped it. Was going to just pack it with houses when I found another local road (N. Glebe) also available for a tad over 4m. So I bought it too, even though it meant I wouldn't have enough money to fill up either road with houses on this turn. Passing on maybe 4-5m in rental income this turn could hurt, but what if Glebe wasn't available next turn?

I made a tactical mistake by then building 62 greenhouses and 2 bonus buildings on Great Falls Street - they would have earned much more rent on N. Glebe.

Lesson learned there. I'll have 18m coming in next turn, however. Keeping my fingers crossed that I can find a double digit property for sale.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 08:25 AM   #156
QuikSand
lolzcat

Just big picture here... while it's fun to grab roads that are contiguous and/or familiar, it simply can't be so that there's a shortage of "good long" roads out there to buy, right? If, a bit later, I have $20m lying around (seems likely) isn't there still going to be some 24-mile road in Montana or Mongolia somewhere that I can go buy for a gob of cash?
Old 09-21-2009, 08:37 AM   #157
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
Just big picture here... while it's fun to grab roads that are contiguous and/or familiar, it simply can't be so that there's a shortage of "good long" roads out there to buy, right? If, a bit later, I have $20m lying around (seems likely) isn't there still going to be some 24-mile road in Montana or Mongolia somewhere that I can go buy for a gob of cash?
That seems logical - I am probably being way too provincial.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

Old 09-21-2009, 08:54 AM   #158
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
I took a different approach on my 4th turn. Previous three days had similar pattern - buy 1m road, load up with green houses, profit. After three days I had three roads (Old Chesterbrook Rd, N Lexington St., N Utah St.) packed with greens and earning about 3.3m average in rent.

When I logged in today I was surprised to see two local long roads still available. The first one was over 2m (Great Falls St.) and I was surprised it was still around - so I immediately scooped it. Was going to just pack it with houses when I found another local road (N. Glebe) also available for a tad over 4m. So I bought it too, even though it meant I wouldn't have enough money to fill up either road with houses on this turn. Passing on maybe 4-5m in rental income this turn could hurt, but what if Glebe wasn't available next turn?

I made a tactical mistake by then building 62 greenhouses and 2 bonus buildings on Great Falls Street - they would have earned much more rent on N. Glebe.

Lesson learned there. I'll have 18m coming in next turn, however. Keeping my fingers crossed that I can find a double digit property for sale.

I'm saving up for the Greenway ($20M) if it stays available....
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 09:00 AM   #159
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
I'm saving up for the Greenway ($20M) if it stays available....
Hmmm. I could probably buy it on my next turn if I sold some stuff.

GOOD FIND

Old 09-21-2009, 09:40 AM   #160
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

My coworker is sitting on a demolish card. If anyone needs a bonus building crushed to clear the way for hazards, let me know.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:59 AM   #161
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

It looks like they are doing something about cheaters. The leaderboard now says Cheater # 1, etc.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:03 AM   #162
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Hmmm. I could probably buy it on my next turn if I sold some stuff.

GOOD FIND
If you snag that out from under me, I'm gonna fill it with nuclear power plants from here to Leesburg.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 11:06 AM   #163
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Is the site going really slow for anyone else?
Old 09-21-2009, 11:21 AM   #164
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

It's been slow for the last day+
Old 09-21-2009, 11:48 AM   #165
BillyNYC
High School JV

Battle for Idaho is underway. Woke up and found INKOM4LIFE had taken down my park, some of my buildings, and sabotaged my 2 main roads.

Fortunately, I had about $4M left, so have been doing green houses to try to get cards. Desabotaged one of my roads, sabotaged his minor road. Still have $3M, but it's going to take 10 days to spend it all with how slow the site is.

He has 6 bonus buildings on his main road (?? I've gotten 3 total in the 4 days this has been going), so if anyone has no enemies and some bulldozers to spare...

Losing interest overall. Doesn't seem like that much to do.

Last edited by BillyNYC : 09-21-2009 at 11:49 AM.
BillyNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 11:58 AM   #166
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

So I have been pulling chance cards at about a 50% clip. I am not sure how that is, but since the game is so slow, I have been flipping to another tab and then flipping back. I am not sure if that does anything, but my chance cards have increased.

By the way, that might not be ethical.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:07 PM   #167
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyNYC View Post
Battle for Idaho is underway. Woke up and found INKOM4LIFE had taken down my park, some of my buildings, and sabotaged my 2 main roads.

Fortunately, I had about $4M left, so have been doing green houses to try to get cards. Desabotaged one of my roads, sabotaged his minor road. Still have $3M, but it's going to take 10 days to spend it all with how slow the site is.

He has 6 bonus buildings on his main road (?? I've gotten 3 total in the 4 days this has been going), so if anyone has no enemies and some bulldozers to spare...

Losing interest overall. Doesn't seem like that much to do.

I just took out a park, stadium, and school.

Edit to add I took out a school. This guy is really not going to like me.

Edit edit - another stadium.

Last edited by GoldenEagle : 09-21-2009 at 01:08 PM.
GoldenEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:18 PM   #168
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

At what point should I start looking to build bigger buildings that green houses/city centers? I have a road where a cane top will earn $477,000 a day in rent. That seems like a pretty good investment.

Last edited by GoldenEagle : 09-21-2009 at 12:23 PM.
GoldenEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:02 PM   #169
Subby
lolzcat

The bigger buildings take up more space - so where you can build a two cane tops you might be able to build 4 green houses and make more money.

One other issue with the bigger buildings is that it hurts when your 1m Phoket building (or whatever its called) gets bulldozed but losing a green house probably isn't a big deal.

I posted a link a ways back about building ROI - I do think that *eventually* you are going to max on road ownership and have to do something with your money. I think the 500K grid buildings might be my next buildings at that point - their ROI seems solid.

Old 09-21-2009, 01:06 PM   #170
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Soulcry just demolished one of my bonus buildings. Make him pay if you wish.

This guy sucks. He has a park on a road with nothing else. I will let him build up a bit before I attack him.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:11 PM   #171
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I have been hit with about $2m in fines today. Crap.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:21 PM   #172
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
This guy sucks. He has a park on a road with nothing else. I will let him build up a bit before I attack him.

He's got that one unprotected road with a buttload of houses, other than that, he's really not impressive. But he dared interfere with the master plan of Caffeinated Galesburgian Hegemony.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:22 PM   #173
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

If I get another hazard, I will drop it on there. But I have been pulling mostly demolish and fine cards today.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:28 PM   #174
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
I just took out a park, stadium, and school.

Edit to add I took out a school. This guy is really not going to like me.

Edit edit - another stadium.

It says he has two bonus buildings left on North Fork Rd., but I can't find them.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:35 PM   #175
Subby
lolzcat

I destroyed a stadium on N Fork Rd.

INKOM4LIFE CAN SUCK IT

Old 09-21-2009, 01:40 PM   #176
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I destroyed a stadium on N Fork Rd.

INKOM4LIFE CAN SUCK IT

Hopefully someone can drop a hazard on his street where he earns no income form that long road.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:40 PM   #177
Subby
lolzcat

I just sold one of my bonus buildings and my tote board is freaking out - it just keeps spinning.

Old 09-21-2009, 01:47 PM   #178
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Out of cash for the day, but should have about $30mil in the bank tomorrow.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:58 PM   #179
Subby
lolzcat

N Fork Road has been cleared of Bonus Buildings

Proceed to lay waste.

Old 09-21-2009, 02:00 PM   #180
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
N Fork Road has been cleared of Bonus Buildings

Proceed to lay waste.

He responded by demolishing one of my stadiums.

He must suffer.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:09 PM   #181
Subby
lolzcat

Hazard has been placed on N Fork.

Per the leaderboard feed - he is selling like mad and building to try and generate Chance cards.

Old 09-21-2009, 02:13 PM   #182
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

The chance cards do seem pretty erratic. I've got (IIRC) six bonus buildings, three fines, 3 cash rewards, and 0 hazards or bulldozers.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:18 PM   #183
Subby
lolzcat

INKOM4LIFE just demolished one of my parks.

UNLEASH HELL

Old 09-21-2009, 02:31 PM   #184
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
INKOM4LIFE just demolished one of my parks.

UNLEASH HELL

This guy is screwed. Instead of demolishing the hazards on his $14mil road, he chooses to attack those who have attacked him.

Of course, he could be a part of message board bigger than FOFC, then we are all screwed.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:33 PM   #185
Subby
lolzcat

He is multi-accounting. According to the feed, he just bought Grant Avenue and then immediately accepted an offer on it.

Old 09-21-2009, 02:39 PM   #186
Tasan
College Starter

I'm finding some real good sites in Northeast Alabama, around the Anniston area. Lots of roads and not many people there yet at all.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:41 PM   #187
Subby
lolzcat

Consolidation time.

I just sold three of my roads and their houses and finished development on N Glebe Road.

144 houses, 3 bonus buildings - rent is 29.638m.

Old 09-21-2009, 02:46 PM   #188
BillyNYC
High School JV

It's going slow enough to be virtually unplayable for me. Takes a few mins to build one house. (Granted, have other things running and am using IE)
Old 09-21-2009, 02:55 PM   #189
Subby
lolzcat

INKOM4LIFE has bought and sold three roads in the past 15 minutes. Pretty much guaranteeing he is going to have enough money to get constant revenge.

Old 09-21-2009, 03:02 PM   #190
BillyNYC
High School JV

I guess it's easy to have "Inkom" for life if you have multiple accounts.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:24 PM   #191
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
INKOM4LIFE has bought and sold three roads in the past 15 minutes. Pretty much guaranteeing he is going to have enough money to get constant revenge.

He has not done anything yet to my property. I have a couple of local "battles" that I am fighting that hopefully don't get in the way of destroying this guy.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:44 PM   #192
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Does it say how much he bought those streets for?
Old 09-21-2009, 06:12 PM   #193
Denial Of Freedom
n00b

Awesome, they just reduced all the rents so they no longer make more than 1x the amount the building cost with no prior warning. I'm glad I didn't sell my streets yet to build houses on my new $10M highway, but by looking at the blog this hurt many people.
Denial Of Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 06:48 PM   #194
Subby
lolzcat

Awesome I spent all day consolidating my F-ing properties, too.

Old 09-21-2009, 06:53 PM   #195
QuikSand
lolzcat

Hmmmm, so now what is the advantage of longer roads? Just more building slots? *yawn*

I appreciate the great concept behind the game, but it seems like they just don't know what to do with it yet.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:14 PM   #196
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

One of my streets was suppose to have a rent income of $28mil and now has a rent income of just $6mil.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:18 PM   #197
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

The longer this goes, the worse it seems to get. I really wondering if we aren't watching one of the larger epic fail viral marketing efforts, at least by a major name. For something that was meant to push a new board game product, they're doing a pretty good job of pissing off (or at least annoying) a hell of a lot of people. Maxmium Monpooly indeed.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:27 PM   #198
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I'm out. I tried to do stuff earlier today before rent was collected, but I couldn't zoom in and out, and the site hung so much that I just couldn't shop around for a good street.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 08:52 PM   #199
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

SOULCRY just sabotaged one of my streets.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:17 PM   #200
PineTar
High School JV

this server response is brutal
PineTar is offline   Reply With Quote