Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-23-2009, 08:46 PM   #251
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
I cannot stand the fact that you SEE a street but cannot BUY the street. I know the street is there, but no matter how many times I try, I can't get it to come up in the list of streets I can buy. Even searching for it doesn't help. The links that come up take you to the street, but it still won't let you buy it.

Pretty sure a road "exists" at only one point, you sometimes have to search for that point to pick up the road. Agreed, maddening sometimes. I have been searching far-out countries for massive roads... and it's practically impossible to get them to come up for purchase, period.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 04:26 AM   #252
NewIdentity
High School JV

What browser are you guys using? After reading that cheat site, I switched to my Google browser and now I can find more long streets. That was listed as one of their hints.

When I changed to GoogleChrome, I am now seeing Interstates and state Hwys that I never saw before. Most of these roads are all over $10 million
I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
Michael Jordan

Last edited by NewIdentity : 09-24-2009 at 11:22 AM.
NewIdentity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:39 AM   #253
NewIdentity
High School JV

Just got hammered this morning. Drew around 8 card and 3 of those set me back around 17 million. Accounting error, Building mistake. just got smoked.

Curious, Right now I have $30,000 in the bank; I wonder what would have happened if I would have drawn one of those cards now?
I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
Michael Jordan

Last edited by NewIdentity : 09-24-2009 at 11:51 AM.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:16 PM   #254
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

I don't know where you be lookin', but if you find any $10M+ roads, let me know, please.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 01:11 PM   #255
NewIdentity
High School JV

I don't know if it was the google chrome or the fact that I am now at home on my 26" monitor with a screen resolution of 1600x1200 and the monitor I have at work is set at 1024x768 and uses Internet explorer.

those "$10M+ roads," are everywhere just pick a state and I will show you one in that state.
Michael Jordan
Old 09-24-2009, 01:19 PM   #256
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I can't even get the game to load on Google Chrome, stalls out before I even get to the log in screen. Loads fine on Firefox & IE, go figure.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:25 PM   #257
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewIdentity View Post
What browser are you guys using? After reading that cheat site, I switched to my Google browser and now I can find more long streets. That was listed as one of their hints.

When I changed to GoogleChrome, I am now seeing Interstates and state Hwys that I never saw before. Most of these roads are all over $10 million

Oh for fuck's sake.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:34 PM   #258
NewIdentity
High School JV

OK here is a $13,930,000 road. Not in my neck of the woods so here you go.

I am in Google Chrome, full screen, with my display set as 1920x1200

United States Highway 259

Just passed the ok texas Borderin OK.

Follow 259 north untill it hangs a left. If you continue to head north you will be on Pallard rd. Center your browser on this intersection.

If you hit buy streets there will be none available. Now put the little hand on the left side of the screen and pull it all the way to the right side while keeping 259/87 centered on your screen.

After the pull your Streets in this area should bring it up automatically. You made need yo pull a little further to the left.
Michael Jordan

Last edited by NewIdentity : 09-24-2009 at 01:39 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:44 PM   #259
NewIdentity
High School JV

Still in ok

There is on for 11,042,000

Texas Highway 37 N.

This is Where Farm Rd 2118 ends.
Michael Jordan
Old 09-24-2009, 02:16 PM   #260
NewIdentity
High School JV

staying in OK

70 was already purchased for $11 million

State Highway 9 where it intersect with N4330 RD is available for $15,223,000
Michael Jordan
Old 09-24-2009, 02:30 PM   #261
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

wow - OK = win

Virginia is sadly lacking in big roads...
Old 09-24-2009, 02:31 PM   #262
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
Oh for fuck's sake.
I also read if you use Google Chrome and buy the board game, all of your roads generate 20% more income.

Old 09-24-2009, 02:33 PM   #263
QuikSand
lolzcat

If you don't give a damn where your road is, try Alaska. I just wandered into a $21m roadway up there, and it wasn't too tough to find the "action" spot in FF.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:39 PM   #264
NewIdentity
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post

Virginia is sadly lacking in big roads...
I am looking at my streets in this area section, about a page and a half long. These are all on the

Cambell Hwy 10,338,000 SOLD

These are available to buy
Suburban RD $6,019,000
Poor House Rd $5,108,000
Depot Rd $4,439,000
Michael Jordan
Old 09-24-2009, 02:54 PM   #265
NewIdentity
High School JV

S James River Rd in VA where 660 intersects it is for sale at $8.1 million
Howardsville RD (602) in VA where it cross 655 is available for $9.8 mil
Michael Jordan
Old 09-24-2009, 02:58 PM   #266
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I guess my first post of this must not have gone through, but there's a stretch of I-75 in Macon, GA you can have for a neat $14 million & change.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:13 PM   #267
PineTar
High School JV

Is it time to call the time of death on this game?
PineTar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 10:50 AM   #268
NewIdentity
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
If you don't give a damn where your road is, try Alaska. I just wandered into a $21m roadway up there, and it wasn't too tough to find the "action" spot in FF.
It is funny you mention Alaska, as that cheater web site said he bought a $100 million dollar road in Alaska.
Michael Jordan
Old 09-25-2009, 01:46 PM   #269
QuikSand
lolzcat

If anyone is still playing and looking to blow someone up, I have just been randomly hazarded by two players:

OWNEROFTHEWORLD has 17 mostly small streets, so it might be a bot account, or just a dumbass

CHEETOB93 has 5 smallish roads, and not much cash... and there's no CHEETOB92 account, so maybe it's just a dumbass

Have at it. I will. I guess this is the only fun the game really affords after you get a few days deep.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:57 PM   #270
NewIdentity
High School JV

How hard do you hit back against a random person?

Had my first hit yesterday/this morning, when someone buldozed, then put a hazard on one of my streets. He is a local person with all his streets located around this little town as one my my streets. MY 5 streets are all over $10 million and his 5 streets are between 500K and 3 million.

Besides my first turn where I put a hazard on someones 2.8 million dollar street and ruined his game; that factory is still sitting on his road today. Since then I have minded my own business and just thrown the bulldoze and hazard cards away.

Just how hard would you hit some Local Yocal that has no business in your weight class? I have thrown 2 hazards at him, so I am hoping he will realize the error of his way and go away.
Michael Jordan

Last edited by NewIdentity : 09-25-2009 at 03:06 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:03 PM   #271
QuikSand
lolzcat

I don't know, this is my first attack. I blew up CHEETO's bonus building on his best road, which flipped it from protected to hazarded in one blow -- nice. Now I blew up his stadium on his other good road, leaving that unprotected. If I pick up another hazard, I'll lay it on him, wiping out about 80% of his income for this stage. I'm thinking he'd get the point.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:39 PM   #272
Subby
lolzcat

Two words: North. Dakota.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 11:55 PM   #273
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Anyone who finds themselves bored with extra hazards or demolitions to spare could feel free to use them on CONMAEL, who for some reason (he's not in my county leaderboard nor have I ever noticed him before tonight) sabotaged one bldg of mine & dropped a hazard on another street.

If you prefer, MONROESLUMLORD randomly bulldozed a bldg of mine as well.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:29 PM   #274
QuikSand
lolzcat

boring game now
Old 09-27-2009, 12:23 PM   #275
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Maximum monopoly = dead
Old 09-27-2009, 10:29 PM   #276
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

If someone finds themselves with a few extra minutes & they're bored, see if you can find something I can't.

Player "OCONEESNOB" owns a street named "MAIN ST", worth $3,308,000. Click on the street & the deed pops up, 10 blgs, no hazards, no bonus bldgs. But where the map centers there's no trace of the street. Searching by name & city (Watkinsville, GA which is where most of his other properties are) reveals three streets with Main in their name but none of them are this one. In short, I can't find the street that corresponds with the deed at all & I've scrolled all over the place for several days. Not sure if it's a map glitch, a game glitch, or something funky with my browsers or what. Just wondering if someone else can find it & if so, could you give me some sort of landmark to help me see if I can find it too.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:20 PM   #277
QuikSand
lolzcat

Okay, I am still fiddling, but it's not really any fun playing against bots and the like. I don't know what their model or plan is, but clearly this isn't really a sustainable three-month game in any reasonable way.

Anyhow... I remain intrigued by this concept generally, and saw a fella posting stuff about this game in an unrelated chat room recently, though I'd paste it here to see if anyone else had similar ideas.

- - - - -

5:07:57 pm [QuikSand]: i have been thinking about this game and what you might be able to port into it from the board game Carcassonne
5:08:08 pm [QuikSand]: not sure where to go with that, but I think the concept has potential
5:08:25 pm [QuikSand]: if you have not played Carcassonne, this is a 100% meaningless observation, i understand
5:08:53 pm [cuervo72]: always heard it was good, never played it
5:10:15 pm [QuikSand]: it's very very good
5:10:22 pm [QuikSand]: best board game ever, for my money
5:10:34 pm [QuikSand]: and it plays really well at different levels
5:10:44 pm [QuikSand]: bunch of semi-drunks while watching football = fun
5:10:53 pm [QuikSand]: few super-serious game geeks = still really fun
5:11:38 pm [QuikSand]: anyway, that game is built around roads and cities and so forth, but the twist is that ownership can change if someone comes in and overpowers the current inhabitant
5:11:50 pm [QuikSand]: it's tough to move in and take someone else's city/road, etc but it can be done
5:12:03 pm [QuikSand]: anyway... something along those lines seems like it might work in a MCS style environment
5:12:15 pm [QuikSand]: and I think localized competition has to be the main key
5:12:33 pm [QuikSand]: like you shoudl get important bonuses for all the stuff you own/control within a certain range of your HQ or something
5:13:01 pm [QuikSand]: so, you set up shop in Frederick Md and what really matters to you is who owns Patrick Street and the like...
5:13:16 pm [QuikSand]: and if you can build up and hold onto a grid of several nearby interlocking streets, that should have value to you
5:13:27 pm [QuikSand]: sort of like in Monopoly, where you block out a color and then you get rolling
5:13:47 pm [QuikSand]: if any road is just as good as any other, then nothing but human pride keeps you fighting
5:13:56 pm [QuikSand]: and that's not a good enough motivation
5:14:23 pm [QuikSand]: you have to have a system where you and the other 4 guys based in Frederick are forced into collision with one another, just by geography and its inherent bonuses

Last edited by QuikSand : 10-01-2009 at 04:22 PM.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:29 PM   #278
Subby
lolzcat

During the latest maintenance period they razed my street with 400+ houses.

Thanks MCS!
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

Old 10-01-2009, 07:24 PM   #279
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Somewhat strangely, the activity in my own little local leaderboard pretty much settled in to me vs the one guy, then two others started up about a week in. By that point we were both far enough in front of them that they didn't seem to stand much chance of catching up. I've placed maybe 10-12 houses in the past 2-3 days, but I'm sitting on a net worth of $254.22 million, OconeeSnob is 57 million and the others are between 6 & 6.5 million. No one has missed a day playing that I can tell but when I got on a roll with demos & hazards I put the #2 in my rear view mirror and chewed up the other two guys top streets before they even got started good. Meanwhile I haven't been hit by anyone in four days & counting (no, that's not an FOFC invitation either) and I've still got another 100 or so slots on a great $10 million original value road still to fill with 4 bonus bldgs protection already on it, all my other roads are filled & are at least +3 in bonus bldgs.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:42 PM   #280
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
During the latest maintenance period they razed my street with 400+ houses.

Thanks MCS!

Are you sure you didn't accidently sell your street?
tucker rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:31 PM   #281
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker rocky View Post
Are you sure you didn't accidently sell your street?
No I still own it.

Old 10-02-2009, 04:31 AM   #282
NewIdentity
High School JV

Does anyone know if you buy a street are the Hazards removed? There are a couple streets I am thinking about putting bids in on that are loaded with hazards.
Michael Jordan
Old 10-02-2009, 08:12 PM   #283
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Holy S - the MCSTools now supports auto-building. Pick your street, choose the building, and it automatically fills that street with that building.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:51 PM   #284
QuikSand
lolzcat

So, I'm completely bored, but still have a lot of income and property.

Anyone interested in going en masse after some proven asshat who came after one (or more) of us earlier in the game? Declaring war and actually being attacked might actually make this marginally interesting. Collecting $250M a day in rent with nothing to do with it... not so much.

I'm willing to enlist in Strike Force FOFC. Who's got an enemy?
Old 10-06-2009, 09:44 AM   #285
QuikSand
lolzcat

Bumping...

I have only beet attacked a few times, and only one guy has come after me twice...he doesn't have much to lose, so he's not a good candidate. But if an FOFCer who is still playing has gotten ransacked by someone out there, I'd be game for spending a little time generating chance cards just to sack him out. With several of us working together, we could probably go in and doze all three bonus buildings on a fat road somewhere and then crush a $100 million street or something.

Without purpose, this game is pointless. I now have none. Give me a guy to hate, and I might get interested for another week.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:46 AM   #286
Subby
lolzcat

I am down for some revenge - let's just be careful that we aren't attacking a guy with more resources and scripts than we have.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:00 AM   #287
QuikSand
lolzcat

Agreed, i'm not really game for doing battle with an army of bots... but a guy who has a score in the $1b range (not quite as high as Ben or me) might be a good fit, and he'd presumably have some appetizing roads to go eat.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:17 AM   #288
Subby
lolzcat

FLYINGSNOEK

This asshat Dutch carpetbagger owns 21 streets, including one in my neighborhood (linway Terrace).

Death to the Dutch?

Old 10-06-2009, 10:49 AM   #289
QuikSand
lolzcat

Good enough for me. I wiped out the one bonus he had protecting a major road... go hazard him, Subby.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:56 AM   #290
Subby
lolzcat

One hazard placed - start mowing down his high cost buildings on that street and/or placing more hazards.

Old 10-06-2009, 11:04 AM   #291
Subby
lolzcat

$10m building demolished.

Old 10-06-2009, 11:08 AM   #292
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

The thing is so painfully slow, anywhere from 20-40 seconds consistently for me just to place a single house, I don't know how anyone is playing it at this point.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 10-06-2009 at 11:10 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:11 AM   #293
Subby
lolzcat

15m building destroyed. This Dutch ass hat is going to RUE THE DAY HE COLONIZED MY COUNTRY!

USA! USA! USA!

Old 10-06-2009, 11:11 AM   #294
Subby
lolzcat

Old 10-06-2009, 11:59 AM   #295
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
FLYINGSNOEK

This asshat Dutch carpetbagger owns 21 streets, including one in my neighborhood (linway Terrace).

Death to the Dutch?
I'm in.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:59 AM   #296
Subby
lolzcat

His main street still has a ton of high dollar buildings.

Old 10-06-2009, 12:00 PM   #297
Ben E Lou

hazard building placed on HUNZEWEG
Old 10-06-2009, 12:01 PM   #298
Ben E Lou

Quote:
His main street still has a ton of high dollar buildings.
just you wait, 'enry 'iggins
Old 10-06-2009, 12:44 PM   #299
Subby
lolzcat

Ok - I wrought havoc, but there are still a number of 2m buildings that he needs torn down.

Old 10-06-2009, 12:49 PM   #300
Ben E Lou

Gettin' busy