Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-01-2022, 04:48 PM   #1
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

The 2022 in Games thread

Let's see.. lotta interesting stuff coming out over the next twelve months: Or at least is supposed to, who knows how COVID and development hell will play on the release schedule

My steam wishlist gives me the following

Total War: Warhammer III (February) (pre-ordered)

Cyber Knights: (a Cyberpunk-ish heist strategy game) (Unknown: Just entered Private Alpha)

Alliance of the Sacred Suns (1Q 2022 for EA/playable, alpha underway)

Manor Lords (In EA currently, full release "TBA")

Metal Slug Tactics (TBA)

hese are just games that caught my eye for one reason or another

February: Sifu, Dynasty Warriors 9 Empires, Elden RIng

March: Gran Turismo 7, Chocobo GP, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Weird West

April: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chernobyl

August: Saint's Row Reboot

November: Starfield

TBA 2022

Advance Wars 1+2 Reboot Camp

Blood Bowl III

Cyberpunk 2077 Next Generation (ie, the "remastered" PS5/Xbox Series one)

Another Mario+Rabbids game

River City Girls 2

SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 05:37 PM   #2
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I've been so busy looking back at released games I need to play I don't give much consideration to the games that are coming out.

That said I am looking forward to Project Triangle Strategy.
Old 01-01-2022, 05:52 PM   #3
Edward64
Head Coach

Starfield.

The X-Com Marvel version.

(and Star Citizen when it comes out)
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 05:56 PM   #4
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
(and Star Citizen when it comes out)

This isn't the 2028 games thread.
Old 01-01-2022, 06:07 PM   #5
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I'm just over here wondering when/where the meta will settle for HOI4 after the latest DLC release lol
Old 01-01-2022, 06:27 PM   #6
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
March: Gran Turismo 7
God I hope they go back to the old formula (no pun intended)
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 07:22 PM   #7
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Meanwhile I am spending hours playing NFL Headcoach 09 on my PS3, and waiting for my ps3 version of NCAA 2014 to come.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 07:24 PM   #8
Thomkal
Head Coach

Starfield is the one I'm waiting for, which means it will be pushed to next year
Old 01-02-2022, 09:23 AM   #9
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
God I hope they go back to the old formula (no pun intended)

Haven't played Gran Turismo in years but enjoyed the game back in the ps2 days (played Forza on xbox during ps3 days). I did snag a ps5 and was looking forward to the GT7 release.

What do you mean by going back to the old formula?
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 09:47 AM   #10
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I'm just over here wondering when/where the meta will settle for HOI4 after the latest DLC release lol

I'm (impatiently) waiting for the Kaiserreich mod to get updated for it.
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 03:06 PM   #11
Atocep
Coordinator

From SirFozzie's list:

Elden Ring, Weird West, Tiny Tina, and Starfield are games I'm looking forward to.

Also looking forward to God of War on PC and God of War Ragnarok, Horizon Forbidden West, Dying Light 2, and Hogwart's Legacy.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 03:18 PM   #12
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
I'm (impatiently) waiting for the Kaiserreich mod to get updated for it.

It's ... something.

For me it was ... disorienting almost, until my head kinda wrapped around the new railroad supply system. A first play thru with it as the soviets went, uh, poorly. A second go with as a pretty passive U.S. helped with that aspect, if you have the civilian factory capability to handle it, just kinda have to suffer through some early game train track construction before you get on with anything else.

The tank designer is, honestly, kinda shite. Gobbledy for the sake of gobbledy to me. Interesting reaction by me since doing naval design & upgrade is probably my favorite part of the entire game.

The Soviet thing is definitely worth one pass in vanilla, just to see how they handled the new "paranoia system" if nothing else.
Old 01-03-2022, 08:50 AM   #13
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
The tank designer is, honestly, kinda shite. Gobbledy for the sake of gobbledy to me. Interesting reaction by me since doing naval design & upgrade is probably my favorite part of the entire game.

Bummer. This was my only attraction to the (always overpriced) DLC -- the tank designer stuff. I'd love for a mini-Sprocket style tank designer system but that's a pipe dream.
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 09:03 AM   #14
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
Bummer. This was my only attraction to the (always overpriced) DLC -- the tank designer stuff. I'd love for a mini-Sprocket style tank designer system but that's a pipe dream.

It's there, it's just out of sorts in terms of production value vs benefit. The meta on tanks has formed pretty quickly and most of the widely varied configurations only make sense if you're doing a roleplay.

Best I can tell, you can make all manner of stuff, very customized ... but only a few configurations make any sense to actually build.
Old 01-03-2022, 11:28 AM   #15
Critch
lolzcat

I've been waiting for Ancient Cities for years, since it was first on kickstarer, so maybe 2022 will be the year it finally gets worth paying for.

It's been delayed multiple times, it's out now but $50 for an Early Access that's getting "it's only an alpha!!" type reviews on Steam is too much of a risk.

Other than that, Total War: Warhammer III will be a pre-order, and probably a few things watched on my Steam wishlist will get spur-of-the-moment bought.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 11:41 AM   #16
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Good list!

Looking forward to "Dying Light 2" in February, as well. Me and three buddies of mine play co-op games one night a week (have been doing so for 9 years now) and had a blast with "Dying Light" (until the terrible end).
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 02:07 PM   #17
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch View Post
I've been waiting for Ancient Cities for years, since it was first on kickstarer, so maybe 2022 will be the year it finally gets worth paying for.

It's been delayed multiple times, it's out now but $50 for an Early Access that's getting "it's only an alpha!!" type reviews on Steam is too much of a risk.

Other than that, Total War: Warhammer III will be a pre-order, and probably a few things watched on my Steam wishlist will get spur-of-the-moment bought.
When I was watching the video on that I got this "I own this" vibe. Then I looked. No, but it looks identical to Dawn of Man.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 02:56 PM   #18
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

This is slightly off-topic since the new version came out over a year ago, but I was thinking about giving Microsoft Flight Simulator a go. For someone like me, who has zero experience with it (or with flying an actual airplane), how much of a learning curve is involved in flying a single-engine Cessna with basic takeoff, short VFR flights and landing? If it's a steep learning curve that requires a significant amount of time and effort, I probably won't bother.

Last edited by Vegas Vic : 01-06-2022 at 02:56 PM.
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 03:51 PM   #19
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

One thing I did do on the grey market is pick up the new Retroid Pocket 2+, to try to play all the old games. I tried F-Zero (SNES) on it, and it was just like playing it way back when, up to (and including) the point I got bumped just before hitting a jump, didn't hit the pad straight, and flew off the track.

It's going to be my go to I think for retro gaming for years to come.
Old 01-06-2022, 05:01 PM   #20
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Ping: @Coffee Warlord

I think MS Flight Simulator also requires a fairly powerful setup. 9700k and RTX 2070 are recommended specs. 16-32gb of RAM as well.

Last edited by sovereignstar v2 : 01-06-2022 at 05:02 PM.
sovereignstar v2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 05:16 PM   #21
Critch
lolzcat

For Microsoft Flight Simulator, it's on Xbox PC Game Pass. You can get a 14 day trial for $1 so should be able to give it a good test run in that time.

And for other games coming out in 2022, I'm looking forward to Distant Worlds 2. It's due out in March.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 06:32 PM   #22
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post
Ping: @Coffee Warlord

I think MS Flight Simulator also requires a fairly powerful setup. 9700k and RTX 2070 are recommended specs. 16-32gb of RAM as well.

Thanks for that info. As Critch advised, I'm going to do the 14-day trial. My computer is plenty powerful enough, but the download size (with updates and patches) is humongous. Something like 170 GB. I'm in the process of downloading it now, but it probably won't finish until tomorrow morning.
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote