Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-18-2021, 09:21 AM   #21501
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
I'm guessing he was the only person in his league that didn't auto-draft.

Truth

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 11:07 AM   #21502
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Waffle house waffles aren't that big. He could be out of there pretty fast if he has any capacity for consumption.

Reading the thread, he ate 9 total.

I'd like to see GMs of the last place teams in pro sports have to do this.
Old 06-18-2021, 01:42 PM   #21503
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I read that entire Waffle House thread, and I feel like this guy is Mike Greenberg and the rest of us are Mike Golic. I could have downed 15-20 of those in about 5 hours easy if that's the only thing keeping me there. Why the hell use syrup? I feel like this guy over-dramatized the entire thing for the express purpose of turning it into a social media thing.

It worked, but at the expense of his credibility.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 02:01 PM   #21504
cuervo72
Head Coach

Nah, I would have still used syrup. Makin' em mushy helps em go down.
Old 06-18-2021, 03:01 PM   #21505
Ksyrup

It's not a race though. One waffle every 15 minutes is pretty doable. You don't even have to speed through it, you can wash it down with a drink without having to dunk them in water or whatever the heck they do with the hotdog speed-eating.

The only way you won't finish is if you weigh it down unnecessarily. Hell, I eat 3 syrup-soaked pancakes in 5 minutes usually. Giving myself 4-6 hours to finish off 20 waffles would be pretty easy because there's a clear goal.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 06-18-2021, 03:13 PM   #21506
cuervo72
Head Coach

There's the appetizing factor though. Like, toast. I'm mentally going to be able to eat more toast with butter than toast if it's dry. Same goes for waffles.

Or maybe coffee/tea would work. I just don't see the point of dry waffles. (Then again, with some pizzas I will dunk the crust in soda. I just don't like dry bread products. Love them lubed up though.)
Old 06-18-2021, 03:32 PM   #21507
korme
Go Reds

Nine waffles in 15 hours, then? He should be ashamed of himself.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 04:26 PM   #21508
Ksyrup

Exactly
Old 06-18-2021, 05:09 PM   #21509
AlexB
Pro Starter

Watching 1990s Top Of The Pops, and up pops Jellyfish at #39 with The King Is Half Undressed….

They are my all time ‘why were this band not huge?’ mystery. Bellybutton was brilliant, Spilt Milk is a bona fide masterpiece
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 05:29 PM   #21510
Ksyrup

Now you're speaking my language! I love all things JF and all the offshoots.
Old 06-21-2021, 07:29 PM   #21511
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Why did nobody tell me that Buffalo Wild Wings had such great cheese curds!
Old 06-21-2021, 08:27 PM   #21512
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Why did nobody tell me that Buffalo Wild Wings had such great cheese curds!

They are really good
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 10:18 PM   #21513
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I didn't know they had them either, but I want some now.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 10:39 PM   #21514
lungs
Pro Rookie

For fried cheese curds, I always feel like A&W comes closest to satisfying my idea of what a cheese curd should be. Never had BWW cheese curds. People act like Culver’s cheese curds are best. While I’ll eat them, they deviate from the true cheese curds you get at the County Fair Tractor Pull.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 05:46 AM   #21515
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

a fellow that don't eat bacon and fried chicken and replaces it with cans of american piss beer is a fella that gonna die
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 10:02 AM   #21516
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I read that entire Waffle House thread, and I feel like this guy is Mike Greenberg and the rest of us are Mike Golic. I could have downed 15-20 of those in about 5 hours easy if that's the only thing keeping me there. Why the hell use syrup? I feel like this guy over-dramatized the entire thing for the express purpose of turning it into a social media thing.

It worked, but at the expense of his credibility.

Ksyrup on Syrup crime, here.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 10:20 AM   #21517
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
Ksyrup on Syrup crime, here.

This comment isn't butterworth my time.
Old 06-22-2021, 10:22 AM   #21518
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I do not approve.
Old 06-22-2021, 10:30 AM   #21519
Ksyrup

I was in Phoenix back in 2017 during this exact week when it was 120+ and they were canceling flights and it wasn't as bad an experience as being in the south when it's 90 with 85% humidity.

That said, today in KY we are somehow being gifted a mostly sunny day with highs struggling to reach 70. It's glorious.
Old 06-22-2021, 01:41 PM   #21520
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Not as many as watched when it was on USA (and later CNBC/USA split coverage ... after moving to FS1 the audience is down to a quarter of it's early 2010s peak) but for many years it was routinely in the top three in audience on its night.

It's still a ratings winner even in its decline.

Looking up something else today, stumbled onto this note

Quote:
Fox Sports recorded the most-watched telecast of the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show since 2016, as 2,479,000 viewers tuned in to see Wasabi the Pekingese named Best in Show.This edition was the most-watched Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show telecast since 2016, with a +127% increase over 2020.

That sort of number puts it 25% bigger than Raw (granted, much lower bar than it used to be) and higher than any typical non-news cable show.

It's also 40% bigger than Sunday Night Baseball, just for another benchmark
Old 06-22-2021, 02:45 PM   #21521
Ksyrup

Came home from work to sirens and the house behind and to the right of us on fire. Kinda surreal to have a front row seat to a slow motion disaster. Old couple in their 80s, both OK. Guy was mowing and didn't even know what was happening until someone stopped him and pointed to the house.
Old 06-22-2021, 03:30 PM   #21522
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Came home from work to sirens and the house behind and to the right of us on fire. Kinda surreal to have a front row seat to a slow motion disaster. Old couple in their 80s, both OK. Guy was mowing and didn't even know what was happening until someone stopped him and pointed to the house.

I know the feeling
Old 06-22-2021, 04:30 PM   #21523
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Been watching cricket when it's on ESPN+. Have to say, it's actually kind of enjoyable to have on all day. Overs go pretty quick and something interesting happens more often than baseball.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 04:57 PM   #21524
bob
College Starter

Apologies if any of you are recruiters, but I’ve never worked with a single competent one either as a hiring manager or as a candidate. They don’t seem to understand any of the technical terms and are terrible with communication. It makes me wonder how many great candidates are lost by companies because the face of the company to candidates can’t do their job right.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 05:04 PM   #21525
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
Apologies if any of you are recruiters, but I’ve never worked with a single competent one either as a hiring manager or as a candidate. They don’t seem to understand any of the technical terms and are terrible with communication. It makes me wonder how many great candidates are lost by companies because the face of the company to candidates can’t do their job right.

I constantly get emails from random Indian recruiters that are like "Yo, I've matched up a single word in your resume with a job listing 2000 miles away....are you interested??"
Old 06-22-2021, 06:32 PM   #21526
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

My wife clearly says not willing to relocate in her profile. She got called the other day about a job with bicycle playing cards. They wanted her to be president of North America and have to move from NJ to somewhere south, Arkansas maybe, then eventually be groomed to be CEO and move to Belgium.
Old 06-22-2021, 06:59 PM   #21527
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
My wife clearly says not willing to relocate in her profile. She got called the other day about a job with bicycle playing cards. They wanted her to be president of North America and have to move from NJ to somewhere south, Arkansas maybe, then eventually be groomed to be CEO and move to Belgium.

That sounds like a great deal of optimism from the head hunter.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 05:58 AM   #21528
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

worst joke ever. not even a proper punch line
Old 06-23-2021, 06:08 AM   #21529
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
That sounds like a great deal of optimism from the head hunter.

Not really. She’s 2 levels below the ceo in her current company so of bicycle is looking for someone to fill that role makes sense they would contact her.
Old 06-23-2021, 06:09 AM   #21530
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
worst joke ever. not even a proper punch line

The punchline is she said no.
Old 06-23-2021, 07:50 AM   #21531
Ksyrup

My first act as CEO of a playing card company would be to replace the spade with a pitchfork, just because.
Old 06-23-2021, 09:09 AM   #21532
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
My first act as CEO of a playing card company would be to replace the spade with a pitchfork, just because.

the 4 aces would be the 4 different kinds of syrup

log cabin, aunt jamima, mrs butterworth, hungry jack
Old 06-23-2021, 09:13 AM   #21533
bob
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
the 4 aces would be the 4 different kinds of syrup

log cabin, aunt jamima, mrs butterworth, hungry jack

Your playing card company is probably going to be cancelled with that lineup.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 09:58 AM   #21534
Ksyrup

Racist, racist, racist, fat shaming (or socio-economic shaming, take your pick).
Old 06-26-2021, 11:49 PM   #21535
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I've been on a quest lately to make some oven-baked beef jerky.

My first attempt was terrible. I left it in the oven too long or for too high and I just got burnt crisps of meat.

I just made another batch this weekend and I don't know how to fully describe it. I wouldn't call it "good" but yet I can't keep on picking on pieces of it whenever I wander by the kitchen. I used 90% lean ground beef that was on sale so it basically tastes like very flavorful old beef patties. Again, they're not great but I can't help but pick at them.

I'm going to offer a few pieces to my office workers on Monday to see what they think, assuming I don't eat the batch up tomorrow.
Old 06-27-2021, 01:59 AM   #21536
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm....burnt crisps of meat...
Old 06-27-2021, 02:03 AM   #21537
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Racist, racist, racist, fat shaming (or socio-economic shaming, take your pick).

is that the 4 horse-syrups of the apocolypse?
Old 06-27-2021, 06:52 PM   #21538
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

So I'm thinking of vacationing in Washington DC this year. I plan on taking a train (from Ohio) just because I've never ridden one before.

I want to walk around visiting all the museums and other touristy areas. What's a good number of days to spend walking around DC? Any advice? Anyone want to join me? I'm hoping to go in September or October.
Old 06-27-2021, 07:54 PM   #21539
Ksyrup

Anyone thinking about applying for a Delta Skymiles AmEx? I keep getting these referral emails but it looks like they have recently amped up the signing bonus perks for both the applicant and the referrer. It's like 90K miles just for putting $3K on the card in the first 3 months and a $200 statement credit if you make a Delta purchase. I'm guessing they have increased the offer based on the recent Chase Sapphire rewards offers. If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll send you a referral.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 06-27-2021 at 07:55 PM.
Old 06-29-2021, 10:20 AM   #21540
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
So I'm thinking of vacationing in Washington DC this year. I plan on taking a train (from Ohio) just because I've never ridden one before.

I want to walk around visiting all the museums and other touristy areas. What's a good number of days to spend walking around DC? Any advice? Anyone want to join me? I'm hoping to go in September or October.

What are you into? You could spend a day or two with the monuments on the mall; days in the Smithsonian museums; a couple days in the major government buildings (Congress, Library of Congress, Supreme Court, etc.). I'll say that Washington has a better food scene than people probably realize, too!
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 12:33 PM   #21541
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

I would love to spend one, maybe two weeks on the Smithsonian alone. I did three days and only saw a small part of it, and that was rushing around.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 01:59 PM   #21542
Edward64
Head Coach

Last visited Smithsonian 10+ years back. It was "dingy" back then. Hope they spiffed it up some.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 02:01 PM   #21543
Edward64
Head Coach

So it's been 6+ days since that condo collapses. Approx 150 people still missing, 10 confirmed dead.

Don't know what I'm missing but seems that we would have pulled more out of the rubble by now and/or have more confirmed fatalities.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 09:19 PM   #21544
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
So it's been 6+ days since that condo collapses. Approx 150 people still missing, 10 confirmed dead.

Don't know what I'm missing but seems that we would have pulled more out of the rubble by now and/or have more confirmed fatalities.

Sadly, I believe that's because they haven't gotten that far under the pile yet

In the words of the Israeli s&r commander "And the bedrooms that we are looking for, because the people (slept) in the bedrooms, are under 4 or 5 meters (13 to 16 feet) of concrete."

Compounding matters is how "debris had fallen overnight Monday into Tuesday from portions of the building that remain standing."

They've removed something like 3 million pounds of concrete already and they're still just trying to make a dent in it.
Old 06-30-2021, 05:48 AM   #21545
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Sadly, I believe that's because they haven't gotten that far under the pile yet

In the words of the Israeli s&r commander "And the bedrooms that we are looking for, because the people (slept) in the bedrooms, are under 4 or 5 meters (13 to 16 feet) of concrete."

Compounding matters is how "debris had fallen overnight Monday into Tuesday from portions of the building that remain standing."

They've removed something like 3 million pounds of concrete already and they're still just trying to make a dent in it.
This. It is terrible, and I am afraid by then end they are going to find some people that might have survived if they could have gotten to them earlier. But moving too fast and having the rest of the structure fall on the rescuers helps no one.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 07:21 AM   #21546
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

There was also a fire and environmental hazards to consider. 9-11 taught us the rescue crews can also become casualties.
Old 06-30-2021, 07:48 AM   #21547
tarcone
Coordinator

And the underground garage. Which means they are probably below ground level as well.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 08:43 AM   #21548
Ksyrup

I heard my first country rap song this morning, and while I suppose this being a thing was inevitable, it's still as cringe-inducing as I imagined it would be. It's like a mash-up of the worst parts of bro-country and unironic white guy comedy rap. I guess to be kind, it's certainly entertaining, but not in the way I usually like to be entertained by music.
Old 06-30-2021, 09:14 AM   #21549
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I heard my first country rap song this morning, and while I suppose this being a thing was inevitable, it's still as cringe-inducing as I imagined it would be. It's like a mash-up of the worst parts of bro-country and unironic white guy comedy rap. I guess to be kind, it's certainly entertaining, but not in the way I usually like to be entertained by music.

Since I listen to, I dunno, call it a fair bit of it I suppose I'm curious who you heard.

There's a few niches within it so the variety can make a difference.
Old 06-30-2021, 09:18 AM   #21550
Ksyrup

Walker something was the name.