Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-30-2021, 09:53 AM   #21551
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Walker something was the name.

That actually makes for TWO obvious possibilities lol.

Wheeler Walker, Jr would be the obvious. If so, he's MEANT to be funny.
... has released three albums of satirical country music rife with profanity and sexually-explicit lyrics.

THe other possibility is that you happened across the recently released duet featuring (Ryan) Upchurch and faded country star Clay Walker. 'church is the best writer in the business, tho when he gets into more mainstream sounding country stuff that can be obscured pretty quickly. That song is meant to kinda be ... middle of the road I guess you could say
Old 06-30-2021, 09:57 AM   #21552
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

No, I just looked it up again. Some dude named Walker Hayes.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 09:58 AM   #21553
Ksyrup

The song I heard is called Fancy Like. I refuse to link it here though, ha!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 06-30-2021, 10:01 AM   #21554
Ksyrup

The thing I hate most about country music is the affected vocals. I don't much mind actual country instrumentation, but the vocals and stupid lyrics often kill it for me. So here, you have a white dude combining that with an attempted hip hop/rap affected vocal. I want to kill someone.
Old 06-30-2021, 10:10 AM   #21555
tarcone
Coordinator

Upchurch is one that makes some really good Country Rap. Love White Trash

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 03:33 PM   #21556
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Upchurch is one that makes some really good Country Rap. Love White Trash

Best visual wordsmith on the planet today. Period.

But even he has ups & downs. The just-released country leaning album is pretty weak, just to be honest. It's a legit part of him I think, it's just not the entertaining part.
Old 06-30-2021, 03:44 PM   #21557
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
The song I heard is called Fancy Like. I refuse to link it here though, ha!

Just found it. Jesus.

Don't let this half-assed imitation be the only brush you paint the country rap niche with. This is, well, shit.

From Upchurch to Demun Jones (when they avoid falling into mainstream sounds that'd make Colt Ford and/or The Lacs blush) to Moonshine Bandits to Moccasin Creek to Jelly Roll to Struggle Jennings to the Dirt Rock Empire family (Crucifix, Wes Nyle, Hard Target, Racket County) to newer edgier stuff from Burden, Nu Breed and a few others.

There's a lot of flavors within the category, most of which don't taste like the watered down piss you had the misfortune to stumble onto.
Old 07-01-2021, 06:56 AM   #21558
Ksyrup

That song sounds like what I'd imagine Bo Burnham would write as a comedy sketch about country rap.
Old 07-02-2021, 02:29 PM   #21559
molson
General Manager

I'm always pleasantly surprised to see that Bill Pullman is still alive. Though I take in that realization with no happiness that Bill Paxton has died.

Last edited by molson : 07-02-2021 at 02:29 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 06:36 PM   #21560
Ksyrup

Joe Namath - I'm going to make you hate me even more than you already did

Jimmy Walker - Hold my dyno-mite!
Old 07-02-2021, 10:39 PM   #21561
Ksyrup

I definitely didn't foresee that I'd have the problem of my dogs barking at fireworks through open windows because it's 60 degrees (and dropping) on July 2nd in Lexington, KY.
Old 07-03-2021, 07:40 AM   #21562
tarcone
Coordinator

My dog hides. He hates fireworks. Of course it may have something to do with my next door neighbor lighting his contraband explosives. Talking at least a half stick of dynamite.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15

Last edited by tarcone : 07-03-2021 at 03:25 PM.
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 09:30 AM   #21563
BYU 14
Coordinator

I honestly hate the 4th for my Dogs, they go absolutely crazy and it wouldn't be so bad if the shit didn't continue until 2 am some years,
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 12:22 PM   #21564
miami_fan
Coordinator

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/loc...ignews_related

I suspect if they are serious about doing an inspection on 500 condos throughout Miami Beach, this is going to be the first of many that are deemed unsafe. I think they can copy and be prepared to paste this part of the article in stories about other buildings in the area.

Quote:
Willis Howard, Sorey’s chief of staff, said the Crestview association appeared to have missed or skipped its 40-year recertification, which would have been due in 2012. The inspections that led to the January report began last August.

“It had been pending for years,” he said, adding the association was fined for every year that it missed filing the report.

“They were seeing how long they could kick the can down the road.”

Ah well, I guess we should be thankful that only one building has collapsed.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 12:26 PM   #21565
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
I honestly hate the 4th for my Dogs, they go absolutely crazy and it wouldn't be so bad if the shit didn't continue until 2 am some years,

In Boise it's about a 1-week event of nightly fireworks.

Though the 105 temperatures seems to have damped the enthusiasm a little so far this year. Last year, though, everybody took out their pandemic frustrations.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 01:51 PM   #21566
Ksyrup

Yeah, fireworks were going off last night. They weren't close enough to scare the dogs, just far enough away to make them bark. But it was awesome having the windows open and waking up chilly on July 3rd.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 07-03-2021 at 01:51 PM.
Old 07-03-2021, 02:05 PM   #21567
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I'm always pleasantly surprised to see that Bill Pullman is still alive. Though I take in that realization with no happiness that Bill Paxton has died.

I'm still waiting for Bill Pullman to make Spaceballs 2: The Search for More Money.
Old 07-03-2021, 07:39 PM   #21568
henry296
College Starter

How can a tunnel cause a 5+ mile backup? Driving on i-77 through Virginia. Slow for at least 5 miles. Go through the tunnel and back to 75 MPH. Same thing with cars on the side of the road. Just keep driving.
Old 07-03-2021, 07:56 PM   #21569
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
How can a tunnel cause a 5+ mile backup? Driving on i-77 through Virginia. Slow for at least 5 miles. Go through the tunnel and back to 75 MPH. Same thing with cars on the side of the road. Just keep driving.

Only takes one moron
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 08:46 PM   #21570
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post

A little Googling suggests that one factor could be that the decreasing speed limit in the last few miles before the tunnel being used notoriously as a revenue generating speed trap.

Older articles point to slowing down being akin to walking from a well lit room to a dark room, just human nature.
Old 07-03-2021, 09:35 PM   #21571
Ksyrup

That is a general phenomenon I've found. There's a small tunnel on 64 just east of Louisville and cars slow down every time, even when there's barely any traffic. I blame Wile E Coyote.
Old 07-03-2021, 09:48 PM   #21572
henry296
College Starter

Thanks for the responses... it was more of a rhetorical question built out of frustration. Nothing worse than going slow for miles and realizing there was no good reason.
Old 07-04-2021, 06:33 AM   #21573
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

In all my years on this planet I never realized that a cooler could be used to keep food warm.
Old 07-04-2021, 11:56 AM   #21574
Ksyrup

I feel like ESPN losing the hot dog eating contest feed 4 times in the final 5 minutes, including the last 13 seconds, and being thrown to Draft Kings commercials each time, is peak USA 2021.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 07-04-2021 at 11:57 AM.
Old 07-04-2021, 12:00 PM   #21575
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

They just had to film something for 10 minutes and they couldn't do it.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 08:01 PM   #21576
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

The city of Pripyat is certainly familiar to anyone who likes UrbEx / abandoned places videos but .... I wonder how much of it's significant popularity as a video topic is due to its appearance in COD:MW4
Old 07-05-2021, 05:51 AM   #21577
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
... wonder how much of it's significant popularity as a video topic is due to its appearance in COD:MW4

And STALKER.

For non-Russian or East European, I'd say 90%
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 11:25 AM   #21578
miami_fan
Coordinator

My perception is that we had less amateur fireworks locally than we did last year.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 07-05-2021, 05:49 PM   #21579
BYU 14
Coordinator

????

Andrew Cuomo's Daughter Michaela Comes Out As Demisexual: 'We're Always Evolving'

But seriously, how many terms/buzzwords to we need to describe sexuality? What she is describing is basically just being in love and that can apply to any sexual preference.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 04:59 PM   #21580
Ksyrup

Sucks it broke, but my Fitbit warranty claim could not have been easier. DM'd them on Twitter, sent them my registration email and a picture of my broken Charge 4, and in less than 10 minutes I had an email order confirming a new one.

Of course, I decided to upgrade to a Coros Pace 2 over the weekend, but I'll still use the Charge 4 for its sleep tracking and to calibrate the distance on my runs between the Pace 2 and my treadmill.
Old 07-06-2021, 07:39 PM   #21581
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

So god damn mad right now. Take my son to baseball practice, they're doing a throwing drill/competition. His team loses, he smacks a kid with his glove and tells him, "You're the reason we lost."

Kid of course runs off crying, his mom is pissed (rightfully so). I made my boy apologize and yanked him straight off the field, went straight home. Still haven't decided if I'm going to let him play in tomorrow's game.

So god damn embarrassed and disappointed. At least he came to me of his own volition and apologized to me after we got home.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 08:29 PM   #21582
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
????

Andrew Cuomo's Daughter Michaela Comes Out As Demisexual: 'We're Always Evolving'

But seriously, how many terms/buzzwords to we need to describe sexuality? What she is describing is basically just being in love and that can apply to any sexual preference.

It's the difference between being able to feel sexual attraction irrespective of emotional connection (most people), and only being able to feel sexual attraction when there's a strong emotional connection (demisexual).

This one I don't actually have a problem with TBH. But if you really want to go down the rabbit hole, look at different -sexual, -romantic combinations.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 08:31 PM   #21583
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
So god damn mad right now. Take my son to baseball practice, they're doing a throwing drill/competition. His team loses, he smacks a kid with his glove and tells him, "You're the reason we lost."

Kid of course runs off crying, his mom is pissed (rightfully so). I made my boy apologize and yanked him straight off the field, went straight home. Still haven't decided if I'm going to let him play in tomorrow's game.

So god damn embarrassed and disappointed. At least he came to me of his own volition and apologized to me after we got home.

Go ahead and pull him out of tomorrow's game. Might as well teach him that actions have consequences.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 08:33 PM   #21584
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Think it depends how many kids we'll have tomorrow. We've been shorthanded, so we might only have 8 if I pull him. Maybe I'll just make sure he sees nothing but the outfield, if that's the case.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 08:36 PM   #21585
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post

Ah, parenting.

Feels like one of those turning point moments, hopefully it turns out properly
Old 07-06-2021, 08:58 PM   #21586
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
????

Sorry but this is a pet peeve of mine.

Is that what she is describing? I can't speak for her but the definition that article linked to defined a demisexual as an individual who experiences sexual attraction only after forming an emotional connection. I mean it could be love but it could be something else emotional that causes her to be sexually attracted to someone.

The increasing number of terms/buzzwords are a result of our discomfort with having detailed discussion about sexuality and a need to put a label on everyone.
Old 07-06-2021, 10:14 PM   #21587
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
The increasing number of terms/buzzwords are a result of our discomfort with having detailed discussion about sexuality and a need to put a label on everyone.

100%

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 01:49 PM   #21588
Ksyrup

I've posted here 3 or 4 times since the pandemic started about pop shortages. I still can't get certain flavors of zero pop, mainly cherry vanilla and orange vanilla coke zero, A&W creme soda zero, and the Dr. Pepper zero's have only recently started showing up.

Well, it appears that we can add Gatorade to the list. I noticed a few weeks ago that our local Kroger's Gatorade shelves were more than half empty, and when we went to Sam's 2 weeks ago, I couldn't find any. I usually buy cases of G Zero there, but there were none to be found.

I understand the Gatorade shortage given the time of year and supply chain issues caused by the pandemic, but I can't for the life of me understand why Coke can't get certain flavors back in stock a year later. I don't think they are discontinued because they're still up on the website, but when you follow the links to buy from their own site, every single one shows out of stock.
Old 07-11-2021, 07:07 PM   #21589
Edward64
Head Coach

I drink regular Coke Zero and no issues here.

TBH, I've not seen Zero Cherry Vanilla or Orange Vanilla (didn't know it was a thing) but I'm generally buying the 2 liter Coke Zero and sometimes the Chery Coke Zero.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 07:25 PM   #21590
miami_fan
Coordinator

After about two months of hearing the commercials on the radio, I finally saw my first Kroger.com truck actually driving through the neighborhood. No brick and mortar stores, just deliveries. Let's see how long it takes for Publix to run them out of the state.
Old 07-11-2021, 10:54 PM   #21591
cuervo72
Head Coach

I mean, given that Kroger is the #2 supermarket chain behind Walmart, Publix might not have an easy battle.
Old 07-11-2021, 10:57 PM   #21592
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
I mean, given that Kroger is the #2 supermarket chain behind Walmart, Publix might not have an easy battle.

You may be underestimating just how strong Publix is down there. It's like grocery built on the Starbucks model.

Though I'm not sure how much they'll be sweating a delivery only service tbh.
Old 07-12-2021, 02:25 AM   #21593
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I am surrounded by Kroger's in Portland....but you wouldn't know it because none of them are labeled as Kroger's. They're Fred Meyer's and QFC and Food 4 Less, all of whom were local supermarket chains that Kroger acquired like 20 years ago.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 06:31 AM   #21594
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
You may be underestimating just how strong Publix is down there. It's like grocery built on the Starbucks model.

Though I'm not sure how much they'll be sweating a delivery only service tbh.

I agree if Kroger's is only going to be a delivery service. However, if grocery delivery remains a thing, I suspect Publix will be ruthless with that as well.
Old 07-12-2021, 06:36 AM   #21595
Butter
Coordinator

Working in the grocery industry for many years, I can tell you that Kroger has been considering how to break into multiple markets for many years. The two big ones they haven't cracked is Publix and the Northeast (and the Upper Midwest to some extent).

The Northeast, they have some kind of detente with Wegman's.

The SE, they really can't figure out how to crack Publix. This is just the latest attempt, so we'll see how it goes.
Old 07-12-2021, 06:46 AM   #21596
miami_fan
Coordinator

Politics aside, the Carters celebrating their 75th anniversary feels something akin to Cy Young's 511 wins or Wayne Gretzky's career points total. Yes, it might have been something our parents or grandparents did but that was a different time. Who is doing that in today's world? And it seems like they still love and enjoy being around each other. An amazing achievement. Congrats to them.
Old 07-12-2021, 07:46 AM   #21597
cuervo72
Head Coach

Yeah, I know Publix is insane down there, but there have to be some people who are like "ooh, new!" or who are dissatisfied with Publix, right? (Or who are familiar with Kroger from being transplants?) I'd think it would be tougher for a startup, but if you're a huge, established company that can absorb losses for a bit (like, well, Walmart).

I mean, I'd figure supermarket chains are primed to fall (of course I guess that could mean Kroger, too). Growing up I remember going to A&P, Acme, Pathmark, Genuardi's...
Old 07-12-2021, 08:38 AM   #21598
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Politics aside, the Carters celebrating their 75th anniversary feels something akin to Cy Young's 511 wins or Wayne Gretzky's career points total. Yes, it might have been something our parents or grandparents did but that was a different time. Who is doing that in today's world? And it seems like they still love and enjoy being around each other. An amazing achievement. Congrats to them.

75 years is pretty impressive. They're good people, so it's great to see.
Old 07-12-2021, 08:59 AM   #21599
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
I am surrounded by Kroger's in Portland....but you wouldn't know it because none of them are labeled as Kroger's. They're Fred Meyer's and QFC and Food 4 Less, all of whom were local supermarket chains that Kroger acquired like 20 years ago.

Food4Less sounds scary
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 10:22 AM   #21600
Butter
Coordinator

Hate to be the "actually" guy, but Kroger only owns Food4Less in Southern California and Chicago areas. Others have the same name but are owned by various different companies, mainly wholesalers operating them basically as a retail arm.