Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-03-2010, 01:56 PM   #1
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

This Is Some Smurfed-Up Smurfin' Bullsmurf

Hmmm... New York-based, combo live action/animation, small smurfin' creatures...what, we need another Stuart smurfin' Little movie?!?

Quote:
Neil Patrick Harris confirmed on Twitter that Gargamel won't be animated, the character will be live action. "Hank Azaria will be PLAYING Gargamel for the Smurfs film, not just providing a voice. He'll be live action. Perfect casting, can't wait!"

Entertainment Weekly is reporting that Hank Azaria ("The Simpsons") will voice evil sorcerer Gargamel in Sony's The Smurfs.

The magazine also says that Jayma Mays ("Glee") will play the pregnant wife to Neil Patrick Harris' character. The film centers on the happy expectant couple's lives being turned upside-down upon meeting these blue creatures. The movie will take place in New York City's Central Park and is set to begin production next month.

Jonathan Winters, who voiced multiple characters on the long-running Hanna-Barbera cartoon version of "Smurfs," will play Papa Smurf. Katy Perry will portray Smurfette, Alan Cumming is taking on Gutsy Smurf and George Lopez is onboard as Grouchy Smurf.

Personally, I think he would have been better cast as Azaria-l rather than Harvey Pekar, but that's just me.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 05-03-2010 at 01:57 PM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 02:50 PM   #2
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Smurf you, smurfball.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:27 PM   #3
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 06:46 PM   #4
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

i hate to admit these 2 things but... i watched the smurfs

but thats not the worst of it. i rooted for gargamel (SP?) and so wanted him to eat or kill every last on of them little smurfing things. i dont know why but i wanted him to commit smurfin genocide, am i evil for thinking that?
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:46 PM   #5
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Robot Chicken always does nice work when they're taking on the Smurfs (like the Se7en parody)

Oh, and didn't South Park mention that this was already done with Avatar

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:56 PM   #6
JeeberDMack
Mascot

Gutsy Smurf? I watched the hell out of the Smurfs as a kid and I sure don't remember a Gutsy Smurf...
JeeberDMack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:20 AM   #7
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

I can handle the tiny blue creatures running away from an evil sorcerer, but believing that Neil Patrick Harris got somebody pregnant is going to be a challenge.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:30 AM   #8
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberDMack View Post
Gutsy Smurf? I watched the hell out of the Smurfs as a kid and I sure don't remember a Gutsy Smurf...

I thought the same thing, but then I figured it's been a while, maybe I forgot about him.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 05-04-2010, 09:44 AM   #9
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

New York City? WTF are the Smurfs doing in NYC? I suppose they are neighbors with the f'n Care Bears and the Snorks, too?
Old 05-04-2010, 09:49 AM   #10
Khorium
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
I can handle the tiny blue creatures running away from an evil sorcerer, but believing that Neil Patrick Harris got somebody pregnant is going to be a challenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
New York City? WTF are the Smurfs doing in NYC? I suppose they are neighbors with the f'n Care Bears and the Snorks, too?

I never liked the show as a kid, so I won't be crying over someone defecating on my childhood or anything, but this movie looks like it will achieve epic levels of suck.
Khorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:01 AM   #11
Ksyrup

Maybe Gutsy Smurf is the PC version of Brawny Smurf. Instead of being a violence-inclined smurfhead, they've nuanced him into a "heroic, courageous" smurfus.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:20 PM   #12
JeeberD
General Manager

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 01:38 PM   #13
JediKooter
Coordinator

This and Fraggle Rock. WOW!

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote