Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-01-2013, 01:31 PM   #1
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Bath Time (FM13)

With a new FOF on the horizon I have returned to the board, sort of. I will hang out in the dynasty section only for a while and try a brand new dynasty with FM13.

I will go for a challenge and take over Bath City, a Blue Square South team that is predicted for a mid table finish.

With that said...

EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:41 PM   #2
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Welcome to Bath City

I have taken over the Bath City football club and am ready for an uphill battle.

In 2011/12 they finished 23rd in the Blue Square Premier league and were relegated to Blue Square South. They lasted just 2 season in the BSP after being promoted from the Blue Square South league after the 2009/2010 season. After finishing a respectable 10th in their first season in BSP things went downhill quickly as they won only 7 matches the next season and were outscored by 46 goals for the year.

The highest position which the club has ever held was 4th in the BSP back in the 1984/85 season. My goal is to get them promoted past the BSP within 5 seasons and really make a name for myself. With that said, it seems like an uphill battle.
Old 09-01-2013, 02:22 PM   #3
britrock88
Pro Starter

Good luck!
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:52 PM   #4
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Current Players - July 17th, 2012

G Jason Mellor - 23 year old from England. He is serviceable is seems but nothing about him stands out. Valued at 4.5K.

G Anthony Mansell - 20 year old from England. Use only in emergencies.

Have to seriously upgrade my keeper position if I can earn a promotion to BSP after this season.

D(RC) Jordan Walker - 22 year old from England. One of my top defenders but does not have a contract, trying to get him resigned. Already looks like a solid BSP quality defender so I would like him to be part of my short term goals of making it to BSP.

D(RL) Dan Bell - 20 year old from England. Should be the starting left midfielder for me. Has potential to be a sold BSP defender so he fits into my short term plans. Valued at 18K.

D(C) Mark Preece - 25 year old from England. Solid defender that should provide depth. Looks like our current level is pretty much where he belongs so I don't have many future plans for him. Valued at 24K (not sure why he is valued that 'high')

D(C) Gethin Jones - 30 year old from Wales. Our top central defender that has a work ethic second to none. Looks to be of BSP quality. Values at 18K.

D(C) D/M(C) M(C) Joe Burnell- 31 year old from England. Middle of the pack as a defender for us but plays very well as a central midfielder. Looks to be of BSP quality. Team player that comes up big in the clutch. Valued at 22K.

D(R) WB(R) Sekani Simpson - 28 year old from England. Provides solid depth. Seems to be at his level right now so I have no future plans for him if we are promoted. Valued at 28K (also not sure how).

M(R) D/WB(R) M(L) Josh Low- 33 year old from Wales. Our top right midfielder and has BSP ability though he may be at the start of his decline being 33. He is several years removed from having played 4 matches for the Wales Under 21 team. Valued at 16K.

D(L) M(L) Aaron Brown - 32 year old from England. Provides us depth. We are at his level so no future plans for him. Valued at 8K.

M(RC) A/M(C) Chris Allen - 23 year old from England. Emergency depth is all he is for as he is already in over his head but he is not yet signed, so I have no worries if he doesn't sign.

M(C) Mark Canham - 29 year old from England. One of our top center midfielders. Has BSP level ability so he is in our short term future plans. Scored 6 goals in 36 matches last season. Valued at 26K.

M(C) A/M(C) Adam Connnolly - 26 year old from England. Provides us good depth at central middie. Is about at his level of ability so we have no real future plans for him. He scored 4 goals in 43 matches last year. Valued at 30K.

AM(RL) ST Lamar Powell - 18 year old from England. In over his hear at the moment but has potential to be a league 2 quality striker our scouts are saying. Would like to see him be a key player over the next 5 years for the club. Unfortunately he is not under contract and I am frantically trying to rectify that.

ST Charlie Griffin - 33 year old from England. Sadly our current top striker but he is at his level of ability. Not in future plans. Valued at 12K.

ST Noah Keats - 20 year old from England. In over his head and only has current level potential according to scouts. Valued at 7K

We need to improve keeper and striker if we want to get to BSP and beyond. First two things we need to do are sign Walker and Powell.

The board was expecting a top half finish and the media is saying we are going to finish 7th. I told the board we will get promoted and asked for eh additional salary to be made available. Hopefully it doesn't land me in the unemployment line after the season.

Last edited by EagleFan : 09-01-2013 at 02:54 PM.
Old 09-01-2013, 03:25 PM   #6
MacroGuru
Coordinator

following along as I have been getting the itch for a low level fm13 dynasty.

good luck!
Old 09-01-2013, 04:46 PM   #7
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
following along as I have been getting the itch for a low level fm13 dynasty.

good luck!

Thank you. Haven't gone that low level in a while.
Old 09-01-2013, 05:17 PM   #8
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

July 21, 2012 - Friendly

Hosting Kidderminster (Blue Square Premier).

We have been practicing with a 4-5-1 (unless I can get a striker on loan in which case I will switch to 4-4-2).

Starting 11
G Jason Mellor
DR Sekani Simpson
DCR Gethin Jones
DCL Jordan Walker
DL Dan Ball
DMC Joe Burnell
MR Josh Low
MCR Chris Allen
MCL Marc Canham
ML Aaron Brown
STC Noah Keats

Subs
Anthony Mansell, Lamar Powell, Adam Connolly, Charlie Griffin, Mark Preece

1st Half
43' - In the 43rd minute a long shot proved a little trouble for Mellor as he had to punch it over the bar for a corner. The corner would be defended well and cleared with no trouble.

The first half ends with little action. Kidderminster managed 2 shots on goal while we had just 1. The fans could not have been pleased with the action but for me it is all about getting the players into game shape.

2nd half
65' - I bring Mark Preece in for Dan Ball who seems to be sucking wind. I also bring Lamar Powell in for Noah Keats to give him some playing time. As one last move I bring Adam Connolly on for Chris Allen.

Little happens for the rest of the game as each team finishes with just 3 shots. We end in a boring scoreless draw.

Man of Match - Gethin Jones is named man of the match with a rating of 8.3. He was 9 of 9 in headers won with 7 being key. He also intercepted 13 passes in his area.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:36 PM   #9
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

July 24, 2012 - Friendly

At Oxford City (Blue Square North).

Little time between matches and unable to complete any signings means we'll be tired going into this one but they need to get the playing time to get their butts back into shape.

Starting 11
G Jason Mellor
DR Sekani Simpson
DCR Mark Preece
DCL Jordan Walker
DL Dan Ball
DMC Gethin Jones
MR Adam Connolly
MCR Joe Burnell
MCL Marc Canham
ML Lamar Powell
STC Charlie Griffin

Subs
Anthony Mansell
Aaron Brown
Chris Allen
Noah Keats
Josh Low

Want to bring Mansell in at halftime to give him a little time on the pitch and Low seems to be the most worn down at this point so he may only see very little time.

1st Half
8' - Poor coverage on a goal kick led to striker Jamie Cook taking a pass behind our defense as Preece made a poor attempt to intercept a pass that he had no business trying to. Cook makes us pay by burying a shot from inside the box. They take a 1-0 lead early.

9' - A nice series of passes sets Griffin up for a shot from about 25 yards out which he sailed over the bar.

12' - I am irate with the referee as Griffin has his legs taken out from under him trying to go up to get a ball n the air but the ref does nothing. If he gets to that he is in alone, not only should that have been a foul but at least a yellow.

13' - Powell tries to lob a ball in from about 35 yards out and it hits the top of the bar and out for a goal kick, so close. That would have been a beautiful goal.

43' - Canham spins away from a closing double team and finds Connolly breaking into the right corner of the box as he slips past the defense and fires a shot that hits the inside of the left bar post and in for the equalizer. GOAL!!!! We level the match at 1-1.

The half ends even at 1-1. I see some positives and some things to build from.

2nd half
45' - I bring Mansell in for Mellor as planned so he can get some time against an opponent.

48' - Another defensive breakdown allows striker Felipe Barcelos to receive a pass at the top of the box, dead center. He quickly fires a shot into the left corner of the goal to give them a 2-1 lead. Mellor casually mentions to me that he would have stopped that shot (seems he doesn't even like coming out in a friendly).

56' - Joe Burnell has picked up and injury and I replace him with Chris Allen.

63' - I bring Low in for Jones, Brown in for Ball and Keats in for Griffin.

64' - A very nice set of one touch passes led to Barcelos getting a chance from about 12 yards out in the box and he again buries it to give them a 3-1 lead.

64' - I change to a more offensive tactic to add more pressure, want to at least make it a 1 goal game.

67' - The change backfired as a poor attempt to intercept by Brown leads to a break and a cross into the box where Barcelos completes his hat trick and they now lead 4-1.

82' - Walker is injured, with no remaining subs we will be playing a man down.

93' - Canham crosses into the box from the left wing but Keats heads the ball over the bar.

The whistle blows and we fall 4-1, we need a lot of work based on this result.

Man of Match - Felipe Barcelos with his hat trick.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:41 PM   #10
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

July 24, 2012

I have placed a loan offer for Worcester reserve keeper Matt Sargeant. He is a slight upgrade at the position if we can get him for the season.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:47 PM   #11
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

July 28. 2012

All sides have agreed to the loan offer for keeper Matt Sargeant. Mellor won't be happy but I am here to win matches, not to make the players happy. Though they should both see time this season.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:44 PM   #12
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

July 28, 2012 - Friendly

At Bashley (Regional)

Another short turnaround time. Sticking with the same tactics.

Starting 11
G MAtt Sargeant
DR Sekani Simpson
DCR Mark Preece
DCL Dan Ball
DL Aaron Brown
DMC Gethin Jones
MR Josh Low
MCR Adam Connolly
MCL Josh Burnell
ML Chris Allen
STC Noah Keats

Subs
Jason Mellor
Jordan Walker
Marc Canham
Charlie Griffin
Lamar Powell

1st Half
28' - A very good setup series of passes leads to Josh Burnell getting a chance from just inside the box and he buries it into the left corner of the net. GOAL!!!! We take a 1-0 lead.

39' - A fine counter attack led to a long forward pass to Noah Keats, the defender went for the ball and he tapped it past to buy himself some room to get into the box and fire a low shot off the left post and into the net for the GOAL! We take a 2-0 lead.

At halftime we lead 2-0 and have dominated the game with 10 shots to 0, but only 4 shots on goal.

2nd half
46' - I bring Mellor in to play keeper for the final half.

78' - Bashley striker Gary Uterson fires a shot from just inside the box past a diving Mellor to get them on the board and narrow the gap to 2-1.

78' - I bring Canham, Griffin and Powell in for Burnell, Allen and Keats.

83' - Griffin sends a low cross into the box from the left wing and Connolly redirects it into the goal to give us a 3-1 lead.

We hold on for the 3-1 victory.

Man of Match - Noah Keats with an 8.3 rating and a goal is named man of the match
Old 09-10-2013, 09:25 PM   #13
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

July 31, 2012 - Friendly

At Weymouth (Regional)

Starting 11
G Matt Sargeant
DR Josh Low
DCR Mark Preece
DCL Jordan Walker
DL Dan Ball
DMC Gethin Jones
MR Charlie Griffin
MCR Chris Allen
MCL Marc Canham
ML Lamar Powell
STC Noah Keats

Subs
Jason Mellor
Joe Burnell
Adam Connolly
Aaron Brown
Sekani Simpson

The guys are getting tired so I am going to have them try to slow the pace down today.

1st Half
44' - After a very slow match Weymouth has a chance with a shot from about 25 yards out but Sargeant punches it over the bar for a corner

45' - The ensuing corner is headed behind for another corner and that one was defended well and cleared

The 1st half ends scoreless. We controlled possession and did have 3 shots on goal but nothing to show for it.

2nd half
58' - Marc Canham does a fine job dribbling past two defenders and gets a clear shot off from just inside the left of the box but he hits the bar and it stays out to keep the match scoreless.

75' - I bring in all our subs for the most tired looking players (and Mellor in for Sargeant to get him a little time)

86' - Brown crosses into the box from the left wing and Keats is there to direct it into the net, GOAL! We take a late 1-0 lead.

The match ends with us up 1-0 for the victory.

Man of Match - Mark Preece with a rating of 7.8. He was 6 for 6 in headers with 4 key wins and intercepted 11 passes in his area.