Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-12-2009, 10:50 AM   #501
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
Honestly, my roommate to see if I could share my info. Then I could share my information so it wouldn't die with me.
this is assuming you scanned your roomy first instead of someone more logicall.... just saying!
Hannibal Lecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:52 AM   #502
hoopsguy
General Manager

1.) Seer already knew EF was a wolf, based on fake reveal. So there is no need to "waste" a scan there
2.) Jackal is one of your roommates
3.) Hannibal is the guy that I think would have been the scan

I agree that it is tough to pick who the seer would scan, especially when they have incentive to get their roommates. But they have had two days, not just one, to complete scans based on the D1 vote since we had the nightfall.

Anyway, about the only way I'm factoring this into my vote today is to not introduce a 5th candidate (Hannibal) when there have already been four people pulled from the "Heinz list".
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:54 AM   #503
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
So 8 sentences expounging against CR for voting for you, but only really 1 about why you'd vote.

Why not just vote for CR if his reasoning strikes you as off?

Because there is always an urge to vote for the person who hung an initial vote on you. I don’t have anything to go on, so I don’t want to make a tit for tat the reason to vote. I think the UTR approach has a much better chance for netting a wolf at this point in the game.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:55 AM   #504
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
1.) Seer already knew EF was a wolf, based on fake reveal. So there is no need to "waste" a scan there
2.) Jackal is one of your roommates
3.) Hannibal is the guy that I think would have been the scan

I agree that it is tough to pick who the seer would scan, especially when they have incentive to get their roommates. But they have had two days, not just one, to complete scans based on the D1 vote since we had the nightfall.

Anyway, about the only way I'm factoring this into my vote today is to not introduce a 5th candidate (Hannibal) when there have already been four people pulled from the "Heinz list".

Yeah, I guess I meant my list if I was a Seer in general. Frankly, if I was the Seer (I"m not), I'd have 100% scanned Jackal by now.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:55 AM   #505
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

I would just like to point out... im not getting a wolfy vibe from heinze at all......
Old 01-12-2009, 10:55 AM   #506
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

Dola, thats pretty rare
Old 01-12-2009, 10:56 AM   #507
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter View Post
I would just like to point out... im not getting a wolfy vibe from heinze at all......

Whoa, that's a first.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:58 AM   #508
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

yeah....
Old 01-12-2009, 11:07 AM   #509
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter View Post
this is assuming you scanned your roomy first instead of someone more logicall.... just saying!

Right now, with the smallthought I've put into it, I can't think of anyone being that logical of a choice first night. The only time I wouldn't is if I was convinced I wouldn't last through a second night.

I think it would be very important for the villagers to have two trusted people with all of the seers information.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:44 AM   #510
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
I had nothing on Gram, so went with The Jackal since I found it odd that he would put a fourth vote on someone on Day 1 without much reason when the next closest person had only two votes. I admit it wasn't a strong reason for my vote, but we're all pretty much grasping at straws on Day 1.

Self-preservation on D1 isn't a good reason anymore?

Still, even with your vote on me D1 that could've done me in, I don't have any strong prejudice towards voting for you. I'm not entirely enamored with voting for any of the current candidates.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:47 AM   #511
The Jackal
Coordinator

In fact, I could slow play this some more and try to nail more wolves first, but since EF has already gone down, I somewhat agree with CR that the seer has a good reason to come out if he's found another wolf, which I have.

N1 I scanned BK (admittedly I probably should've scanned one of my roomates, but oh well.. and he was asleep in his bed)

N2 I scanned hoops and he was quite furry.

I haven't left any clues in the thread that I can think of. I was just going to vote for hoops today to leave a trail but I think he's a little too smart not to notice a vote on him when he's a wolf and there's only one vote on four others.

vote hoops
Old 01-12-2009, 11:52 AM   #512
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Self-preservation on D1 isn't a good reason anymore?

You know, every now and then I really am blonde. I never even thought to look at it from this angle.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:53 AM   #513
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I can't fathom this being a fake reveal

Unvote BK
Vote hoops
Old 01-12-2009, 11:53 AM   #514
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
In fact, I could slow play this some more and try to nail more wolves first, but since EF has already gone down, I somewhat agree with CR that the seer has a good reason to come out if he's found another wolf, which I have.

N1 I scanned BK (admittedly I probably should've scanned one of my roomates, but oh well.. and he was asleep in his bed)

N2 I scanned hoops and he was quite furry.

I haven't left any clues in the thread that I can think of. I was just going to vote for hoops today to leave a trail but I think he's a little too smart not to notice a vote on him when he's a wolf and there's only one vote on four others.

vote hoops

Good job!

VOTE HOOPSGUY
Old 01-12-2009, 11:54 AM   #515
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
I can't fathom this being a fake reveal

Unvote BK
Vote hoops

Yeah, two fake seer reveals would be downright ludicrous.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:55 AM   #516
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Yeah, it just makes no sense. I can't see a motivation for Jackal as a wolf to fake reveal under little duress with an aim at taking out hoops, who to my notice, hasn't dropped any role hints

Presuming Jackal is on the level, man, that was a pure balls vote by you on Day One hoops.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:57 AM   #517
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

vote hoopsguy

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:59 AM   #518
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I feel so far that this has been a rousing game of Follow the Leader

Old 01-12-2009, 12:04 PM   #519
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Presuming Jackal is on the level, man, that was a pure balls vote by you on Day One hoops.

Ballsy, but not unreasonably so. EagleFan and The Jackal were tied, and he presumably knew about the upcoming fake reveal. Unfortunately the reveal wasn't well taken so he couldn't easily move his vote without arousing suspicion. So instead he keeps it there and hopes that people say something like "well a wolf wouldn't put another wolf in the lead that close to deadline" and thus possibly gain some trust.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:05 PM   #520
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
So here are what I think represent data points as we stand today:
1.) Day 1 vote (the huge data point)
2.) Two days worth of seer scans, data which is unknown to all but one of us but may have been alluded to in the thread

So, if you were the seer who would you have scanned at the end of D1? I suppose that would depend, to a large extent, on if you were in the thread at the end of the day. But, assuming complete information, who would you have scanned? If you did not scan him D1 (weren't around, had a higher personal priority, whatever) then would that have been the "for sure" choice at the end of D2?

I think that is part of my hesitation on throwing a vote at Hannibal right now. Well, that and the fact that right now he would represent a 5th candidate when there are already four people attracting votes. But I've more or less talked myself into the idea that he has already been scanned.

So that moves us into 2nd-tier candidates. Heinz put together a pretty good list on that earlier, and that seems to have acted as a starting point for a lot of people with their early votes.

I would have scanned Hannibal, Hoops or CR. Hannibul for the obvious reasons. Hoops and CR because they historically talk so much in thread, that I would like to know if they are on the up and up.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:07 PM   #521
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Unvote Telle
Vote Hoops[/b]

I buy into the slow reveal and lying about being a seer when you're already down one makes no sense.

I think that was a good move to scan hoops. Nicely done and hopefully we'll have another scan for tomorrow.

Old 01-12-2009, 12:07 PM   #522
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Correction on my bold tag:

Vote Hoops

Old 01-12-2009, 12:10 PM   #523
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
I think that was a good move to scan hoops. Nicely done and hopefully we'll have another scan for tomorrow.

If they assume the BG will protect me, I may just be able to get another one in.. unless hoops is the brutal.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:10 PM   #524
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I feel bad for the wolvies...almost . Luck's not with you guys.

Old 01-12-2009, 12:21 PM   #525
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Gotta go with the reveal

Unvote RPI

VOTE HOOPS
Old 01-12-2009, 01:00 PM   #526
hoopsguy
General Manager

This is why I hate being a wolf - can someone, just once, wait until D4 or so to scan me?

Oh well, as long as I'm around I'll answer any questions you might have about the play up to this point. Maybe even honestly I do not think that I've left you a particularly good trail of bread crumbs to track down my teammates.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:03 PM   #527
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
This is why I hate being a wolf - can someone, just once, wait until D4 or so to scan me?

Oh well, as long as I'm around I'll answer any questions you might have about the play up to this point. Maybe even honestly I do not think that I've left you a particularly good trail of bread crumbs to track down my teammates.

Then you should start leaving us better crumbs
Old 01-12-2009, 01:03 PM   #528
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Ah man that's no fun. I wanted to see the feeble argument.

Question, who is the other wolf?

Statement, I like the fact you probably thought over using the plural form of teammate.

Old 01-12-2009, 01:04 PM   #529
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Haha, I noticed that too Jeff
Old 01-12-2009, 01:08 PM   #530
hoopsguy
General Manager

Jeff, I was down too far in the vote already. I saw about a zero percent chance of turning all those votes around. If I was made aware that I had been scanned in the night PM then I probably would have come out firing.

At this point I want to do the best that I can to protect the other wolves and wolf loyalists that are at large.

I'm not going to give you guys the name of the other wolf today. Yes, there is only one left and I did consider the plural earlier just as you get to figure out if I'm lying here. However, I've already posted arguments on why several of the remaining members of our class are not wolves. So you could start with that and work your way backwards. Once I'm gone, along with the night kill, that should only leave a couple of real options as wolves.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:08 PM   #531
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

VOTE HOOPS

Awesome. Well done Jackel. I had started to use the word "see" a bit and was going to intensify it tomorrow and try to draw attention and force the wolves to come after me as the seer and buy the real seer time, but it seems that we have them behind the 8-ball so that may not be necessary.

I also enjoyed the fact that Hoops no doubt thought over using the plural form of teammate. In fact, I think because he used teammateS we might only be looking for one more. Although we can that level of thinking and mindfucking to the Nth degree and admit we really have no idea.

Must suck to be one of those people who is habitually early-scanned. Guess your best bet in those cases is to be the sacrificial wolf and try to out people on the other team or cause chaos.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:09 PM   #532
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Jackal: Well done with the reveal. Seers normally should reveal upon finding a wolf. I do think scanning me was less optimal than scanning your roommate.

Vote hoopsguy
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:10 PM   #533
Barkeep49
Coordinator

DT: I think there's been all sorts of fakey seer stuff this game.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:12 PM   #534
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Ballsy, but not unreasonably so. EagleFan and The Jackal were tied, and he presumably knew about the upcoming fake reveal. Unfortunately the reveal wasn't well taken so he couldn't easily move his vote without arousing suspicion. So instead he keeps it there and hopes that people say something like "well a wolf wouldn't put another wolf in the lead that close to deadline" and thus possibly gain some trust.

If you take a look back at the voting patterns, I took my time deciding where to put the vote. I considered who was going to move their votes where at the end, and decided that EF was cooked barring some kind of fake reveal play. So putting the vote on him was a calculated risk. I definitely wanted to garner some trust, and I think that I would have been able to do this if we had succeeded in removing the seer earlier in the game.

Also, FWIW we had no idea that Jackal was the seer. I expect he would have been able to continue scanning people for another 2-3 nights if he did not put a vote on me in the thread. If he had, that probably would have raised an eyebrow but I'm not sure if we would have followed through with taking him out the very next night.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:14 PM   #535
hoopsguy
General Manager

So, is there any reason that you guys are not moving this to Nightfall?

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to entertain the masses all the way up to the regular deadline. I just figured that the student body would be excited about the prospect of moving on to the next available wolf.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:18 PM   #536
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Then you should start leaving us better crumbs

Well, normally when I'm looking for wolves I try to see who the wolf was trying to support in the thread. But if it is a more experienced wolf (I am experienced, just not very successful thanks to those meddling seers ) then I look for who they seemed to ignore in the thread.

So maybe I inadvertantly left you some crumbs after all?

Like DT said, I like to try and go 2nd/3rd level thinking on this stuff. It is probably best just to ignore me, all my posts, and just play your collective game. So far it seems to be working out pretty well for everyone but my departed roommate Jonathan Ezarik.

Wait, didn't I say that the wolves would be concerned about killing their roommates? Huh, go figure ...
Old 01-12-2009, 01:18 PM   #537
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

can't think of a good reason

VOTE NIGHTFALL
Old 01-12-2009, 01:19 PM   #538
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I have a theory I'll be curious to ask about after the game.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:20 PM   #539
Telle
College Starter

VOTE NIGHTFALL
Old 01-12-2009, 01:20 PM   #540
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

vote hoopsguy
Old 01-12-2009, 01:20 PM   #541
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

VOTE NIGHTFAL

i prefer arguments... but cest la vie!
Old 01-12-2009, 01:21 PM   #542
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Yup, good call

Vote Hoopsfall

Old 01-12-2009, 01:23 PM   #543
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

Can we get some Ketcup pron up in here?
Old 01-12-2009, 01:23 PM   #544
hoopsguy
General Manager

Hannibal, I refuse to provide it.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:25 PM   #545
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

VOTE NIGHTFALL

Old 01-12-2009, 01:26 PM   #546
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

Quote:
Hannibal, I refuse to provide it.

lame!
Old 01-12-2009, 01:27 PM   #547
hoopsguy
General Manager

So many targets, so little time. Anyone want to volunteer to be this evening's feast?
Old 01-12-2009, 01:29 PM   #548
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So many targets, so little time. Anyone want to volunteer to be this evening's feast?

I volunteer!
Old 01-12-2009, 01:30 PM   #549
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Bite me
Old 01-12-2009, 01:30 PM   #550
hoopsguy
General Manager

Roled villagers, please submit your orders so we can proceed with a nice, orderly Nightfall.

Thank you,
Team Wolf