Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-26-2009, 05:12 PM   #151
Sgran
High School Varsity

Hey Jedi. I just caught up with this whole thread. I feel for you. I'm still with my first wife for 10 years now and we're doing fine. I have 2 kids. But IF she left me I would try to stay the hell away from marriage again. Given our DNA I realize that's next to impossible, so what I'd do is get in line for adoption.
So that's my advice to you: adopt a kid. And then write a book about being a single dad raising an adopted kid.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:52 PM   #152
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgran View Post
Hey Jedi. I just caught up with this whole thread. I feel for you. I'm still with my first wife for 10 years now and we're doing fine. I have 2 kids. But IF she left me I would try to stay the hell away from marriage again. Given our DNA I realize that's next to impossible, so what I'd do is get in line for adoption.
So that's my advice to you: adopt a kid. And then write a book about being a single dad raising an adopted kid.

Thanks Sgran. I'm definitely not getting married again, that's for sure. Unless she's rich and good looking and can cook and likes Star Wars.

Haha, I'll take that in to consideration. Not sure if I want to raise a kid all by myself though. Plus, I'm not a very good writer.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:54 AM   #153
JediKooter
Coordinator

Well, it's a year ago today that she told me that she, "just can't do this anymore".

I can't say that I don't love her anymore, because I still do. My sleep has gotten a lot better, however, for some stupid reason, I have dreams about her almost every night and it irritates the crap out of me. I find that I really miss having 'my' family and missing out on my step daughters softball games and music performances, bothers me a lot. I try my best to stay in touch with my step daughters, but, I can tell I've been relegated to a lower level than I was when I was with their mom.

My suspicions on who she cheated on me with were correct. Not that it helps matters other than to help put together the whole picture on what went on and how things happened.

She also seems to have found religion, which is highly hypocritical of her and shows me that she was feeling extremely guilty about what she did. Much like how people that are incarcerated seem to find religion. She would always rail on her sister for preaching to her and she turns around and starts doing the same thing. However, now that he has left her to join the Army, that religiosity has waned.

Everything is completely separated and we have no more joint accounts or anything like that. She is paying 50% of the credit card bills that we had while together and I'm no longer paying half of the rent for a house I haven't been in almost a year. She is hurting financially though now and other than the effect that it is having on the girls, I have no remorse for her at all. She couldn't even afford the 20 dollars that my oldest step daughter needed to enter her artwork into this event that travels around the U.S.

Every once in a while she will send me an email that is all friendly, but, usually is followed by a couple of emails later giving me a hard time about something. Asking me where the garage remote is or do I remember when the last time something was fixed. I'm sitting there thinking, "How the fuck am I supposed to know? I haven't been there in a year". I'm still friends with her on Facebook, I don't post anything on her wall (because I'm blocked) and she doesn't post anything on mine except for a comment every now and then when someone else posts on my wall. No big deal though as it really doesn't bother me.

I still feel like I'm the same person as I was before, just a bit more jaded about relationships. Definitely still do not ever want to get married again. It seems (to me) that marriage is a great way to fuck up a perfectly good relationship.

So, all in all, it's been an interesting year to say the least. My last living grandpa died back in September. Got laid off from Apple this past February and I now work at ILM. She finally sent me divorce papers back in February or March, so I will be officially divorced sometime in the next few weeks. I'm still single, not that I want to be, but, that's just how it's worked out. I've lost a bit more hair on my head and I'm still fat, but, I got a great personality!

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 07-07-2010, 12:29 PM   #154
Kodos
Resident Alien

Hang in there, Jedi. At least you seem to like your new job. That's something to start from.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:44 PM   #155
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Agreed...did you ever get into working out/jogging on a regular basis? If you're feeling down, some kind of exercise that lasts longer than 30 mins can improve your mood...it's scientific fact
Old 07-07-2010, 01:07 PM   #156
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Hang in there, Jedi. At least you seem to like your new job. That's something to start from.

I'm hanging for sure. Just bored out of my skull is all once I'm off work, haha!

Yes, I definitely like my new job and am looking forward to where it will take me in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
Agreed...did you ever get into working out/jogging on a regular basis? If you're feeling down, some kind of exercise that lasts longer than 30 mins can improve your mood...it's scientific fact

No I did not. However, I just signed up at the company gym and will be going there after work. I don't find myself getting too depressed anymore, just really really bored.

Old 07-07-2010, 01:13 PM   #157
Kodos
Resident Alien

Sometimes boredom is okay. When the baby is yelling at 3 in the morning, I find myself yearning for simple boredom.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 01:16 PM   #158
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Sometimes boredom is okay. When the baby is yelling at 3 in the morning, I find myself yearning for simple boredom.

Haha! That I can imagine. My cousin and his wife just had twin girls yesterday and I told him that I hoped he slept a lot before yesterday.

Old 07-07-2010, 02:03 PM   #159
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

May I suggest Body Combat? It's a hell of a way to release stress. Picture her face anytime you throw an uppercut or a swift jab, or when you throw a roundhouse kick, picture your foot right on her ass or behind the knee. Not that I'm not advocating any sort of violence against her or anything but you know, it might help relieve some tension
Dodgerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 02:09 PM   #160
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

You know what else helps eliminate stress?

Really, really, really corny home movies about figure skaters.

holy crap

Old 07-07-2010, 02:41 PM   #161
Super Ugly
High School JV

Just seen this thread for the first time. What a horrible situation - I hope things work out for you. No offense, but she sounds like a bit of a slag. Anyway, I definitely recommend sticking with the company gym - I find my mid-morning workout is great for relieving the boredom of my working day.
Super Ugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 02:48 PM   #162
Super Ugly
High School JV

Oh, and given everything that's happened to you, your admiration for women-hating funnyman Benny Hill is more than understandable.
Super Ugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 03:18 PM   #163
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
May I suggest Body Combat? It's a hell of a way to release stress. Picture her face anytime you throw an uppercut or a swift jab, or when you throw a roundhouse kick, picture your foot right on her ass or behind the knee. Not that I'm not advocating any sort of violence against her or anything but you know, it might help relieve some tension

Ha! I don't hate her. I just hate what she did. I totally understand what you're getting at though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
You know what else helps eliminate stress?

Really, really, really corny home movies about figure skaters.

holy crap

Know where I can get a hold of some corny home figure skating movies?
Though I do have to admit, I am a big fan of corny/stupid 70s and 80s movies.

I just got The Day Time Ended from Amazon. It is so amazingly bad, you have to watch the whole thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Ugly
Just seen this thread for the first time. What a horrible situation - I hope things work out for you. No offense, but she sounds like a bit of a slag. Anyway, I definitely recommend sticking with the company gym - I find my mid-morning workout is great for relieving the boredom of my working day.

Oh, and given everything that's happened to you, your admiration for women-hating funnyman Benny Hill is more than understandable.

Thanks Super. It definitely blind sided me. Especially since she harped so much on honesty and trust. Things are working out for me on the career side of things. The personal side? Eh, kinda lame right now, haha! I've got some good friends and I enjoy the community here, even if I don't see eye to eye with everyone on things here.

Ok, don't ruin Benny Hill for me. I really don't know much about him other than what I saw on TV which was crazy songs, a bunch of slap stick sketches and lots of boobs. Hopefully he's not the type of person that would have a Klan grand wizard robe in his BBQ restaurant or something like that.