Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-05-2010, 12:03 AM   #251
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Dola

Regarding the Potentials being so off, I'm not super concerned about it. I'm in year 2 of my RTTS and I have yet to be traded. I just got a spot in the starting rotation with the AAA Chicago WhiteSox. I figure by the time I'm doing anything decent in the Pro's most of the guys with boinked potentials will be dropped down to the minors or retired.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 03-05-2010 at 12:03 AM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 06:17 AM   #252
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Anyone else feel there is not much of an upgrade from 09 to 10? I'm strictly playing and talking about RTTS (SP) mode. I can't hit for shit (I can hit but taking a walk is never going to happen for me) so I stick to pitching. I really don't care to watch the rest of the game - unless maybe I'm in the playoffs - so that feature really doesn't excite me. I keep wanting to play 10 but I get 1/2 hour into my RTTS guy and it just feels like I'm doing the same old grind I did in 09. The commentary seems to be exactly the same - the challenges haven't changed - graphics haven't changed that much IMO. I don't know what I was expecting but I think I would have been better off keeping 09 and saving the $60 I spent for 10.

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 06:37 AM   #253
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

CleBrownsfan- I'm kind of feeling the same way and I think it is the fact that I'm strictly an RTTS player. I just don't see anything worth the $60 as of yet. I too am not a game watcher and I have ended up catching twice (my SS/3B is certainly making the rounds, having played 1B, SS, 3B, RF, LF, and C) and that system is pretty nice but not something I'm going to invest that kind of time into. I guess I'm not sure where else they can go in terms of on the field play for RTTS.

I really had hoped that they would have solved the "money problem." The fact that the money in your contract really doesn't matter so you don't have any 'tough' choices to make when your contract expires. As a Pirates fan for instance, if the money mattered in some way (training maybe, equipment, or something), then I would have a tough choice of re-signing with Pittsburgh for 3 years, 12 million or taking the 4 year, 21 million that the Yankees, Mets, or Red Sox may be offering.

Another feature that would be nice in the future is the import a player feature. This may save that same old grind feeling CleBrownsfan. If I could bring my seventh year player over from 09 and pop him into 10, then it would be a nice way to avoid that grind until I'm sure that I want to go through it again.

Maybe my tune will change as I'm only half a season in thus far but it's a bit of a let down. Thus far, luckily, none of the bugs have effected my player however I do need to see what the White Sox have done trade-wise in the big leagues.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:39 AM   #254
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Two minor issues:

1- The fielding training is fun BUT there is an issue I noticed: Runners on 1'st and 2'nd, 1 out, and I'm playing third. Grounder to my left, tag the runner and throw out the batter on his way to first. Negative points for "incorrect throw". It apparently doesn't want you to make the tag and throw play. Not a huge issue, just annoying.

2- RTTS game situation now: 2 outs, runners on 1'st and 2'nd and my task is to drive in the run. I hit a single down the left field line. Runner from 2'nd scores, crosses the plate and all, but AFTER he crosses the plate, the runner from first is tagged out on his way to third. The run did not count. I don't remember this being a problem in 09 but it may also be due to variable umpiring, not sure. Anybody else seen this?
Old 03-05-2010, 07:51 AM   #255
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Two minor issues:

1- The fielding training is fun BUT there is an issue I noticed: Runners on 1'st and 2'nd, 1 out, and I'm playing third. Grounder to my left, tag the runner and throw out the batter on his way to first. Negative points for "incorrect throw". It apparently doesn't want you to make the tag and throw play. Not a huge issue, just annoying.

2- RTTS game situation now: 2 outs, runners on 1'st and 2'nd and my task is to drive in the run. I hit a single down the left field line. Runner from 2'nd scores, crosses the plate and all, but AFTER he crosses the plate, the runner from first is tagged out on his way to third. The run did not count. I don't remember this being a problem in 09 but it may also be due to variable umpiring, not sure. Anybody else seen this?

I'd post those over in the bug thread over at OS. The developers make a lot of adjustments to RTTS scenarios last year specifically from feedback like that.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 10:33 AM   #256
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
Anyone else feel there is not much of an upgrade from 09 to 10? I'm strictly playing and talking about RTTS (SP) mode. I can't hit for shit (I can hit but taking a walk is never going to happen for me) so I stick to pitching. I really don't care to watch the rest of the game - unless maybe I'm in the playoffs - so that feature really doesn't excite me. I keep wanting to play 10 but I get 1/2 hour into my RTTS guy and it just feels like I'm doing the same old grind I did in 09. The commentary seems to be exactly the same - the challenges haven't changed - graphics haven't changed that much IMO. I don't know what I was expecting but I think I would have been better off keeping 09 and saving the $60 I spent for 10.
Well they did fuck up franchise mode and the trades/waivers system pretty bad. So that's something.

But I'm generally in agreement. I'm not seeing much of an improvement at all in the game. Just a few bells and whistles but not enough to warrant $60. It was a great game anyway so I didn't expect too much tinkering, but did expect it to be more polished than this.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 10:44 AM   #257
Philliesfan980
Banned

I still haven't taken the shrink wrap off of it, so I think this is going back to Amazon.com. Quite frankly if they can fix all of this stuff with a patch, I'll be amazed and probably pick it up again, but I'm not holding out hope.
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 10:50 AM   #258
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

If we gave our final thumbs up/thumbs down on games 3 days after launch, we'd still be playing RBI Baseball. I say at least give the guys 2-3 weeks to submit a patch so you can see the fix list.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 03-05-2010 at 10:51 AM.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:20 AM   #259
Philliesfan980
Banned

Sun - Man, you really are a fanboy! (kidding of course).

To me, it's just the fact that the game really isn't all that different to warrant a $60 price tag. If I didn't have 2009 already, I would pick up 2010 and probably be really happy with it. It's just the fact that it appears that it's just a spruced up version of 2009, and that's it.

This is not to suggest however that not all sports games are exactly like this, they are.
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:30 AM   #260
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliesfan980 View Post
This is not to suggest however that not all sports games are exactly like this, they are.

I think it is just more glaring with baseball for some reason. It might be the fact, for instance, that there aren't necessarily 'plays' and that type of strategy that evolves each year. Baseball is a much more straight forward game.

At least with football, for instance, the gang-tackling dynamic, the introduction of the Wildcat formation, and new schemes give a bit of a newer feel for things. Baseball games suffer from not having that kind of depth as a possibility.

I think they did tweak certain things well: catcher system (but I couldn't imagine doing that for a whole season), rewards system, and maybe some franchise stuff. But the big baseball developments every year seem to be new stadiums and rosters rather than in-game options.

This isn't meant as a slight against The Show but I will likely become an every other baseball game buyer. Football, we'll have to see, although the 2-back formation that NCAA is implementing is a nice addition.

Last edited by PurdueBrad : 03-05-2010 at 11:31 AM.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:54 AM   #261
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

For me it's worth it just for one change, that I can now watch the game unfold to see how it ends in RTTS. This will be great if I get to the post season with a team as it takes out any of the feel of a playoff game when getting taken out for a reliever and jumping ahaed to see the final score. I want to see if the closer held the lead or if he blew it and just how it happened. Give me the playoff suspense.

Granted a lot of stuff still has the been there done that feel but it's in a good way. I generally play RTTS mode so for me it's worth it as I expect there to be patches to correct most of the issues.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 12:08 PM   #262
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
For me it's worth it just for one change, that I can now watch the game unfold to see how it ends in RTTS. This will be great if I get to the post season with a team as it takes out any of the feel of a playoff game when getting taken out for a reliever and jumping ahaed to see the final score. I want to see if the closer held the lead or if he blew it and just how it happened. Give me the playoff suspense.

Granted a lot of stuff still has the been there done that feel but it's in a good way. I generally play RTTS mode so for me it's worth it as I expect there to be patches to correct most of the issues.

I hope I don't come off as a fanboy . I am a big fan of this game/series, but only because it's so immersive which is exactly what I look for in a sports game. If watching the rest of the game unfold in RTTS isn't a big deal to you then maybe the $60 extra isn't really worth it. I personally love that one new feature alone. For example, last year I went to the playoffs a few times on the Giants, and one year I even went to the World Series. I pitched in game 7 and was pulled after 7 innings when the game was tied 2-2. We lost in 10 innings. At the time I would have given my left nut to see that all unfold...but it just wasn't possible. This year in my first year in AA we went to the Southern League Championship and I pitched in the deciding game where we won. I was pulled in the 7th again, and was able to watch out team take home a victory and celebrate on the field. Unless you're a closer in this game, that's something you would have almost never seen happen. So I'm in the same boat as EagleFan there. In regards to the potentials issue and the trade waivers deal, if you're a big Franchise guy I can see how this would feel like a bust for you so far.

In regards to the commentary, I'm not a huge fan and I think most people turn it off. What I do is turn it off while I'm in the minors (where it's especially repetitive) so it feels more low budget, then when I make it to the bigs I turn it on.

Edit - Something else I just remembered that they added which I was pining for all last year, is the ability to click one button while you're on the mound and see how you've fared against the batter you're facing throughout your career.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 03-05-2010 at 12:14 PM.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:27 PM   #263
RainMaker
General Manager

I think everyone here is a huge fan of the series. I guess all I'm saying is that 09 was a phenomenal game. Probably the greatest sports video game ever made. I'm not someone who will watch the end of games so that feature doesn't do much for me.

I wanted to see some logic and AI improvements in RTTS which I play almost exclusively. That wasn't done so I think 09 would have still played perfectly for me.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:32 PM   #264
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Probably a dumb question but it came to mind as I am working (don't tell the boss ). As a starting pitcher can I watch a game that I am not pitching in?

Not something I would do often, but I would absolutely love this both down the stretch if in a tight playoff race or in the playoffs themselves.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:34 PM   #265
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I don't believe so...which is unfortunate
Old 03-05-2010, 03:36 PM   #266
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
I don't believe so...which is unfortunate

That sucks, when I saw the watch the games unfold feature I hoped it included both after being removed and games that you weren't in. That decision makes no sense to me to be honest. If they are already adding a feature to watch the end of the game after you are taken out why not give an option to watch one that you aren't involved in? I can't imagine it would take much effort to add that option.

Add an additional option along with Sim until next appearance that would be to "watch" a game until your appearance. Then you could sim ahead as you can now, sim a day, or watch a game.
Old 03-06-2010, 02:39 AM   #267
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Agreed.

Well...crap on toast. About 2/3 of the way through my second year in RTTS I decided to take a look around the ChiSox organization, and then around the league. I noticed something fishy...there were a lot of stud SP prospects on my team. I looked through the entire roster and counted eight "A" potential rated SP's under the age of 25...Oy!

Apparently what happened with this player potential bug is this. The game requires X number of players to have an "A" potential rating. This is why you can't edit potential ratings, because if you drop someone from an "A" to a "B" the game would go boom. Several major league players have very low potentials, and that potential had to go somewhere...so it went to fictitious players in the minors....lots of them. Last year there were 7 "A" potential minor leaguers, this year there are 150 of them. Yeesh!

I looked around the league and noticed every single teams farm system was absolutely stacked with future all-stars and potential hall of famers. Oy gevalt!

So, what this means is I just got a lot of RTTS practice...sigh. Thankfully Monday a new roster is going to be released with a full fix for the player potentials...which in turn (the theory at OS says at least) just may fix all of the crazy trades going on with big name's (with D potentials) being traded for joe shmoe's (with HOF potentials) for playoff push/rebuilding reasons.

cheers
Old 03-06-2010, 06:00 AM   #268
cougarfreak
College Starter

I've been having a lot of fun playing in manager mode. Looking forward to getting going with a patch, and eventually full rosters. I still find it amazing a console game can be patched (this is my first ps 3 game).
cougarfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 06:58 AM   #269
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

My biggest issue with Show 09 was that the AI would only call minor leaguers up because of injuries and never simply performance (good or bad). This seems to be the case again this year; how lame!

How is this game better than 2009? I'm just having a hard time allowing myself to take this game out of the plastic.

I feel like all of the work that has to go into making franchise/season mode even function is totally ridiculous. Ths whole "workarounds" business reminds me of when you see a guy in a relationship gone wrong but where the dude is simply in total denial and is making things "work" in his mind.

That said, I'd love to hear what makes this game better. I'm still hopeful!

Last edited by Mike Lowe : 03-06-2010 at 07:00 AM.
Mike Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 10:59 AM   #270
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Agreed.

Well...crap on toast. About 2/3 of the way through my second year in RTTS I decided to take a look around the ChiSox organization, and then around the league. I noticed something fishy...there were a lot of stud SP prospects on my team. I looked through the entire roster and counted eight "A" potential rated SP's under the age of 25...Oy!

Apparently what happened with this player potential bug is this. The game requires X number of players to have an "A" potential rating. This is why you can't edit potential ratings, because if you drop someone from an "A" to a "B" the game would go boom. Several major league players have very low potentials, and that potential had to go somewhere...so it went to fictitious players in the minors....lots of them. Last year there were 7 "A" potential minor leaguers, this year there are 150 of them. Yeesh!

I looked around the league and noticed every single teams farm system was absolutely stacked with future all-stars and potential hall of famers. Oy gevalt!

So, what this means is I just got a lot of RTTS practice...sigh. Thankfully Monday a new roster is going to be released with a full fix for the player potentials...which in turn (the theory at OS says at least) just may fix all of the crazy trades going on with big name's (with D potentials) being traded for joe shmoe's (with HOF potentials) for playoff push/rebuilding reasons.

cheers

Crap, does that mean I'm going to have to hire a few hit men so that I can finally have a shot to make it to the bigs?
Old 03-06-2010, 11:01 AM   #271
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Crap, does that mean I'm going to have to hire a few hit men so that I can finally have a shot to make it to the bigs?

Haha...well you'll probably still make it to the bigs in year 3 or 4, but what it also means is every single team is going to have a murderers row type lineup, and 4-5 CC Tim Lincecum's pitching.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:04 AM   #272
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Haha...well you'll probably still make it to the bigs in year 3 or 4, but what it also means is every single team is going to have a murderers row type lineup, and 4-5 CC Tim Lincecum's pitching.

That would be pretty sweet from a fan's perspective.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:34 AM   #273
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
That would be pretty sweet from a fan's perspective.

Yeah, but a few years after it all dies down the fans will insist on steroid testing. Once they found out a handful of guys were using, the entire era of players will be shunned and labeled cheaters. Former hero's will be afraid to go out in public, and they will be all but blacklisted from the HOF. It's really a shame.

Old 03-06-2010, 01:04 PM   #274
wahoomac
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
Anyone else not getting the ballpark code to work? I've typed it in, the ballparks appear in my services list whatever that is but when I try to use them, nada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Its a glitch. A fix is coming.

Same thing with me, anyone else still having a problem with the code? I entered the code when I got the game on Tuesday and it seemed to work, but the download page never came up. Same as rowech, the ballparks are listed in my services list, but not in the download list. I called on Tuesday and after about a 30+ minute wait and transfer on Sony customer service, the woman I spoke with said there was probably a problem and for me to check when they do system updates on Thursday (which I did and have done every day since Thursday, but still nothing). I thought I saw a posting about someone playing an exhibition game at the Polo Grounds, so I figured some people have gotten the code to work. Any further info? I would rather not spend 30+ minutes on the phone again just to get a "try again later" speech....
Old 03-06-2010, 01:07 PM   #275
RainMaker
General Manager

I plugged in the code today and it worked for me. Seems a lot of people are having issues though.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:11 PM   #276
cougarfreak
College Starter

I've had my code working for 2 days. Played a game in Crosley, and at the Polo Grounds.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:21 PM   #277
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoomac View Post
Same thing with me, anyone else still having a problem with the code? I entered the code when I got the game on Tuesday and it seemed to work, but the download page never came up. Same as rowech, the ballparks are listed in my services list, but not in the download list. I called on Tuesday and after about a 30+ minute wait and transfer on Sony customer service, the woman I spoke with said there was probably a problem and for me to check when they do system updates on Thursday (which I did and have done every day since Thursday, but still nothing). I thought I saw a posting about someone playing an exhibition game at the Polo Grounds, so I figured some people have gotten the code to work. Any further info? I would rather not spend 30+ minutes on the phone again just to get a "try again later" speech....

There was no download. It looks like the stadiums are on the disk, it just unlocks them.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:54 PM   #278
DeToxRox
Head Coach

how does one even see their service list? i had what you guys had, it said it was all set but they're still locked.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 02:36 PM   #279
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe View Post
My biggest issue with Show 09 was that the AI would only call minor leaguers up because of injuries and never simply performance (good or bad). This seems to be the case again this year; how lame!

How is this game better than 2009? I'm just having a hard time allowing myself to take this game out of the plastic.

I feel like all of the work that has to go into making franchise/season mode even function is totally ridiculous. Ths whole "workarounds" business reminds me of when you see a guy in a relationship gone wrong but where the dude is simply in total denial and is making things "work" in his mind.

That said, I'd love to hear what makes this game better. I'm still hopeful!

Mike...tough for me to explain, but I personally feel the gameplay is much better on the field. Much better ball physics, much better hit variety.

Animations are so much better. Fielding is much more fun/reactive...Throwing meter works very nice.

Those things alone are worth the upgrade. As long as the get the franchise patched up, this game will be an absolute dream. But I've only been playing exhibition games and I've been having an absolute blast.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 04:28 PM   #280
RainMaker
General Manager

Polo Grounds is pretty fun. Have to be real careful how you play balls in CF. Also any well hit ball down the line is a homerun. I wish these fields were available in RTTS. Maybe they can add some variety to the minor league stadiums next year as it is a lot of fun to play at a unique park.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:00 PM   #281
saldana
Pro Starter

one in game goal that i have started to get really annoyed with is having a runner on first with 1 out, and being told that the hit and run is on by the third base coach...anything that isnt a hit causes you to fail, but it is always the first pitch, and even fouling it off and protecting the runner isnt good enough...they should let you work into a count that is actually conducive to getting a pitch to hit...ive gotten it 3 times and two of the 3 were pitches that were totally impossible to put into play.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 05:05 PM   #282
RainMaker
General Manager

Same as last year. Not really sure what the hell they worked on in the past year.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:15 PM   #283
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Are they going to release the stadiums as payable downloadable content? Thanks in advance.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:37 AM   #284
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:
Are they going to release the stadiums as payable downloadable content? Thanks in advance.

I think before I unlocked them, there were there as $9.99.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:19 PM   #285
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Awesome, hadn't checked. Thanks Cougar!
Old 03-07-2010, 04:21 PM   #286
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Awesome, hadn't checked. Thanks Cougar!

I believe I saw something that said...

For PurdueBrad they are $19.99 per stadium...

Old 03-07-2010, 04:41 PM   #287
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I believe I would get banned for saying what I saw written on the men's room wall about you.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:22 PM   #288
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I believe I would get banned for saying what I saw written on the men's room wall about you.

You might want to read that again, those things on the men's room wall are written about your "boy" Crosby...

Now for the serious response, you HAVE to try playing at the Polo Grounds. I absolutely love how games have played out in that field. Between the pop ups down the line that become homeruns because of the short porch down the line to the monster blasts to center that end up as either a 450 foot flyout or as a triple (inside the park HR if the batter can run).

It's also cool to see the pitchers warming up on the field, in play. I kind of wish they would respond as you would expect them to in real life. It loses something when you see a ball in play roll past them as they continue warming up as if nothing is going on.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:53 PM   #289
Qrusher14242
High School JV

dont they have the polo grounds on the ps2 version? I dunno if i would pay extra for classic stadiums. I know they have Forbes Field and a few others.
Qrusher14242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:56 PM   #290
FBPro
College Starter

Ok, finally took the plunge and grabbed a PS3 today. Gonna p/u the show tomorrow.....can't wait.
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:50 AM   #291
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Had a strange event happen today in my RTTS career. Watching my team bat in the 7th and we scored another run with a basehit in the 7th and 2 outs to take a 2-0 lead. The other team sent their pitching coach out to talk to their pitcher. I pressed X to skip the moung visit and the next thing I knew I was on the mound to start the next inning. After I got through the inning the player who was supposed to be up after the mound visit was stepping up to the plate. Not sure what happened there.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:00 PM   #292
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Just as a heads up, the new roster with updated player potentials came out today. Should help get a handle on all of the crazy trades trades where stars were being shipped out left and right.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:06 PM   #293
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Just as a heads up, the new roster with updated player potentials came out today. Should help get a handle on all of the crazy trades trades where stars were being shipped out left and right.

A quick look into the thread on operation sports says that it does not fix the trade logic and that the new roster has too many A potential players especially fictional pitchers in A and AA. I don't have the game so I will let you guys be the actual judge of that.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 03:07 PM   #294
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Where do I go to get the update? Didn't get an auto-update when I played earlier.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:36 PM   #295
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Where do I go to get the update? Didn't get an auto-update when I played earlier.

Go to "sports connect" in your game menu and one of the menus there has a save live roster option(or something similarly named).
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 04:50 PM   #296
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

There are something like 130 or 140 A & B rated players in AA and A. If you average that out, it's about 4-5 per team. Considering some of those players will pan out, and some wont, I think it's not a bad figure.

The people who post at OS are a bunch of kids with nothing to do but find something about a game they don't like, then post about it as if the sky were falling. About 2 or 3 posts out of every 50 in those threads is actually worth reading.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:15 PM   #297
cougarfreak
College Starter

There is a notice that a patch was made when I logged into the sports connect, but I didn't see a place to d/l it. Is there a place to do that?
Old 03-08-2010, 06:22 PM   #298
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarfreak View Post
There is a notice that a patch was made when I logged into the sports connect, but I didn't see a place to d/l it. Is there a place to do that?

If there was a patch, it would auto download as soon as you put your disc in the PS3. To get a roster, you have to log into sportsconnect, and then find the "download live rosters" or "save live rosters" option in one of the menus. From there it should just prompt you to download them to your HDD.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:32 PM   #299
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:
If there was a patch, it would auto download as soon as you put your disc in the PS3. To get a roster, you have to log into sportsconnect, and then find the "download live rosters" or "save live rosters" option in one of the menus. From there it should just prompt you to download them to your HDD.

Got the rosters. Thanks. I'm a newbie with the PS 3. I thought I had read over at OS that a patch was coming today?
Old 03-08-2010, 06:53 PM   #300
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarfreak View Post
Got the rosters. Thanks. I'm a newbie with the PS 3. I thought I had read over at OS that a patch was coming today?

Nah, no patch. It will be anywhere from 3 weeks to 2 months before we see any patch IMO. I believe whoever the team is that would be doing the work on the patch itself has been on a break since last wednesday or friday.