Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-05-2013, 01:55 PM   #51
Thomkal
Head Coach

Well it was nearly a disaster of epic proportions in the league this week. 3 players eliminated with picks on Buffalo, New Orleans, and Green Bay. Very unfortunate with the Green Bay pick there due to the Rodgers injury. And if Dallas had lost? There would be just two players left.

Thus six of us remain: Neuqua and Delayed Release who still have not picked incorrectly yet-well done gentlemen. Four others have one strike: CleBrownsFan, markprior22, pickrock88, and myself. The schedule doesn't do us much favor this week so more of us may be eliminated. Some potential good picks:

Washington on the road at Minnesota-dare you pick the Redskins after Minnesota nearly took many of us out against Dallas? Seattle on the road against Atlanta? Seattle has not looked good the past couple weeks, too risky for me to pick even if I had them left to use. How much do you believe in Seneca Wallace for Green Bay this week? If the answer is not much-should you go with a visiting Philly after Nick Foles record breaking showing last week?

Colts had to go from behind to beat a struggling Texans team, they are at home against a Bradford-less St. Louis. Might be a good time to go with them? Speaking of the Texans, they travel to an Arizona team coming off their bye and a lot of uncertainty over their head coach's health. Will they be able to come through and win for him?

Can you possibly take the Giants after the way their season started? Well they've won 2 in row now and are at home against Oakland team whose confidence has to be at an all-time low after the Philly game last week. I was very tempted to go with the Giants here. Which Bengals team will you get when they travel to the struggling Ravens, who lost to Cleveland in like the first time in forever last week?

Denver has head coach issues of its own, but gets an inconsistent Charger team coming off a gut wrenching loss to the Redskins. Miami is coming off a surprising win against the Bengals and get the Buccs this week. Both teams are in turmoil-can you really risk a pick taking either one? As for me, I'm going with the Jacksonville rule-and especially so after they lost perhaps their best receiver to a drug problem. They travel to a Tennessee team coming off a win and not looking too bad when Jake Locker is at the helm.

Given how wacky this season has been, Jacksonville will probably surprise someone and get that first win-just hoping its not this week. Good luck everyone!

Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 02:54 PM   #52
britrock88
Pro Starter

Willing to stake my season on the continued struggles of Jacksonville? Yes.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:59 PM   #53
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post

Given how wacky this season has been, Jacksonville will probably surprise someone and get that first win-just hoping its not this week. Good luck everyone!

Words that will haunt me and how many other players this week?
Old 11-10-2013, 04:20 PM   #54
Thomkal
Head Coach

Tennessee is now my most hated NFL team
Old 11-10-2013, 11:51 PM   #55
britrock88
Pro Starter

/
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:02 AM   #56
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Haha, I went with the sure fire pick and took New Orleans. Self high five!

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:58 AM   #57
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

And I'm out... GL to the three that are left!

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 01:45 PM   #58
Thomkal
Head Coach

Well thanks to my ill-fated Tennessee pick, myself and many others are likely out of their leagues. So that leaves us with three: Delayed Release (Julio Riddols?) who still has no strikes-well done there, MarkPrior22, and Neuqua. Let's see what might be a good pick for them this week:

My beloved Cards get Jacksonville this week, on the road sadly. Had I survived I would have picked them, so I'm kinda glad Tennessee did me in last week so I wouldn't have to suffer Jax getting their first win playing the Cards instead. Washington travels to Philly where the Eagles have something like a 10 game losing streak at home. Will the streak continue?

Detroit plays Pittsburgh on the road-Steelers sound like they are pretty much self-destructing right now, so could be a good pick. Seattle is home against Minnesota-Minnesota may be back to Freeman as their QB and we saw how awful he was in his first appearance with the Vikes. Interesting pick perhaps is to take the Giants over the visiting Packers if Aaron Rogers is not playing. Maybe San Diego over Miami-though SD has to come clear across the country. Indy over TEN, but both are coming off bad losses last week.

A lot of too close to calls for me this week-KC/DEN, NE/CAR, SF/NO, ATL/TB, Jets/BUF.

I'd be curious to know who you three picked this week.
Old 11-14-2013, 04:47 PM   #59
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I'm going with Arizona I believe. I figure if there is a time to pick them it would be now.

FUCK EA
Old 11-14-2013, 06:18 PM   #60
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
I'm going with Arizona I believe. I figure if there is a time to pick them it would be now.

You are a very brave brave man Good luck with the pick
Old 11-20-2013, 01:54 PM   #61
Thomkal
Head Coach

Well what a two weeks its been for neuqua-sitting pretty with no strikes to picking Tennessee to beat Jacksonville and Houston to beat a Pryor-less Oakland. Who knew Matt McGloin would look good in his first start?

So that leaves us with Julio Riddols and markprior22. If Mark should pick badly this week, then the title belongs to Julio. Let's see what might be a good pick for them.

New Orleans plays the Thursday night game at Atlanta this week, so you better be quick about if you want to take the Saints. And you probably do over the pathetic Falcons. The suddenly red hot Carolina Panthers travel to a hot for a whole 'nother reason Miami Dolphins. Chicago travels to St. Louis where the battle of the backups should favor the Bears.

Jets have been horrible on the road last two times out-being blown out by Cincy and Buffalo. They travel to a somehow still alive in the playoff chase Baltimore where surely they will look horrible again, right? Neuqua got burned by Houston last week but they get Jacksonville at home this week. Worth the risk again? Pittsburgh finally looked good last week against Detroit, are they on a momentum swing in Cleveland?

Tampa Bay also looked good last week...but it was the Falcons. Now they travel to Detroit, surely the winning streak stops for the Bucs? KC looks to bounce back from the loss to Denver at home against San Diego, but will they be overlooking the Chargers with the rematch with the Broncos next week?

Don't look now, but the Giants are suddenly on a four game winning streak. They lost to Dallas just barely in Week 1, but the Cowboys are coming off a blowout loss to the Saints. The Monday night game could be a good one to go with if you still have San Fran. Some turmoil this week in Washington over RGIII and at 3-7 not feeling too good as a team overall.

Best of luck to the both of you, let us know who you pick!
Old 11-20-2013, 05:45 PM   #62
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Gotta go with Carolina over a fading Miami.

FUCK EA