Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-15-2007, 10:48 PM   #52
DeToxRox
Head Coach

stevew I believe works weekend nights so we'll give him till tomorrow and once he picks (or if he still hasn't) I'll make the pick and we'll make sure to set an appropriate length between picks and make sure people PM a list of guysto go off if they can't make it.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 02:44 AM   #53
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
stevew I believe works weekend nights so we'll give him till tomorrow and once he picks (or if he still hasn't) I'll make the pick and we'll make sure to set an appropriate length between picks and make sure people PM a list of guysto go off if they can't make it.

Shit, sorry guys, didn't realize this started. Worked about 40 hours in the last 3 days(not that anyone cares.)
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 02:53 AM   #54
stevew
Hall Of Famer

In leiu of holding things up any longer, and trying to make a trade, the Arizona Cardinals select RB Adrian Petersen, Oklahoma.

Available for a reasonably fair chart trade down. If not, we'll run the hell out of the ball.

Sorry, I left the house Saturday at 4p, and worked like 26 of 33 hours(slept the other 6)

PM works.

Last edited by stevew : 04-16-2007 at 02:57 AM.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:08 AM   #56
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Did you guys have a rule that says Brady Quinn has to be selected by a specific pick? Just thought I would ask.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 08:39 AM   #57
Arles
Grey Dog Software

stevew - sent a trade PM. Let me know if you want to do it.

Arles (GB)
Old 04-16-2007, 10:05 AM   #59
Bee
Pro Starter

I'll trade you Drew Bledsoe and a 6-pack for the pick. I don't think anyone would object since it's the Redskins.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 12:26 PM   #61
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I will note: Detroit Lions accepting offers for QB Jamarcus Russell
Old 04-16-2007, 12:28 PM   #62
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
I will note: Detroit Lions accepting offers for QB Jamarcus Russell

How about Jerry Rice (since it's the Lions) and a 6-pack?
Old 04-16-2007, 01:36 PM   #63
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

So is the plan one pick per day?
Old 04-16-2007, 01:49 PM   #64
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
So is the plan one pick per day?

If you are up 3 picks from now and don't think you will be on for 12 hours.. just send a list of 3 picks in order. (I thought this was done last year)
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 02:18 PM   #66
Bee
Pro Starter

I think Landry is probably the second best player in the draft. Not sure he'd go that early because of his position, but if I were a Redskins fan I'd be happy with the pick.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:25 PM   #68
DeToxRox
Head Coach

As Mustang stated from here on out send me a list of 5 guys you'd like if you think you won't make it so we can keep moving.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:45 PM   #69
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Damn i wanted Landry. ohh well i need a pass rusher too

Vikings select DE Gaines Adams Clemson
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 04:07 PM   #70
rockboy70
Mascot

The Texans at the 10th pick will also be listening to offers to trade down.
rockboy70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 06:10 PM   #71
Edward64
Head Coach

Falcons select OT Levi Brown.

Quote:
AJC: With the 8th pick, the Falcons pick Levi Brown.

Unnamed Source: Yes. There was consideration given to move up and select Russell but after several heated meetings with Blank (Arthur) and the coaching staff, it was decided, due to cap space, to give Michael one last year to prove himself.

AJC: And selecting Levi Brown would solidify the Offensive line and provide that opportunity?

Unnamed Source: Yes, we expect Levi to start immediately. And if not for Michael then Joey. If Michael collapses again in the season, we believe we needed a franchise LT to protect Joey.

AJC: What about Wayne Grady?

Unnamed Source: We have already received some feelers for Wayne. It will be good to free up that cap space.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 06:30 PM   #72
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Like the Brown pick and definetly what I see happening with the Falcons barring an alleged rumor that states they'll deal #8, their 2 seconds and a third to Detroit if CJ is there at 2.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:06 PM   #73
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

If Miami doesn't take Quinn he could fall to 14(Panthers) or 16(Packers). I'm not sure all of these exact picks play out like above, but I think there's a good possibility that Quinn will take a fall like this in real life ala Rodgers a few years ago.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:06 PM   #74
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockboy70 View Post
The Texans at the 10th pick will also be listening to offers to trade down.

You have a PM, kind sir.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 10:33 PM   #75
RedKingGold
College Starter

TRADE MADE

The Houston Texans trade the 10th overall pick (1300 value points)

to the Carolina Panthers for the 14th overall pick (1100 value points), 83rd overall draft pick (175 value points), and Panther's 6th round pick (roughly 15 points).
Old 04-16-2007, 10:34 PM   #76
RedKingGold
College Starter

Analysis

There's only two potential players left on the board that I feel really fit the Panther's needs well. Giving up the 3rd overall pick is rough, but I doubt either of these players would be available at 14th overall.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:44 PM   #77
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
Damn i wanted Landry. ohh well i need a pass rusher too

Vikings select DE Gaines Adams Clemson

I have an instinctual hate for Adams. I don't know why, but I just know he will be the biggest bust in the draft.

Write that down and bring this thing up if I am wrong.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 11:56 PM   #78
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
I have an instinctual hate for Adams. I don't know why, but I just know he will be the biggest bust in the draft.

Write that down and bring this thing up if I am wrong.

Hard to say...it's all a crapshoot..especially from the view we have.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:15 AM   #79
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
Hard to say...it's all a crapshoot..especially from the view we have.

That statement makes sense, but as a Lions fan who has watched Kalimba Edwards for 3 years, I stand by my prediction.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 12:57 AM   #80
Leonidas
College Benchwarmer

Geeze guys. I wanted to be able to do something interesting with this pick, but man you left me no choice in the matter.

With the number nine pick, the Miami Dolphins select Brady Quinn, quarterback, Notre Dame University.

And for those speculating whether he would fall even further in real life, don't bother. Cam Cameron has indicated he has Brady Love and there is no way Miami wouldn't draft him if he were available.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:03 AM   #81
Izulde
Head Coach

I'm not sold on Quinn.

I'd rather have Dewayne Jarrett or even Levi Brown if he falls that far.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 06:50 AM   #82
RedKingGold
College Starter

Never take much stock in what a coach says about a certain player this close to the draft. However, when we made the above trade, it was with an eye on landing either Quinn or the last true impact player of the first round in ILB Patrick Willis. Willis has the physical tools (4.38, strong, smart, and instinctive) and production in college to be the next "Ray Lewis".

The Panthers have a big need at inside linebacker with Chris Draft leaving the team and Dan Morgan's brain being more scrambled than bad diner food. Willis is a perfect fit for the Panther's 4-3 and will be their inside linebackers for the next decade. I'm not nearly as sold on other linebackers in this draft and feel that Willis is the closest to a sure thing left in the first round. While as a 49er's fan, I'm very much hoping that Willis falls to the 11th pick, I take him now for the Carolina Panthers.

10th overall selection - ILB Patrick Willis, Ole Miss
Old 04-17-2007, 07:28 AM   #83
Logan
Head Coach

Thanks to RKG for the PM...

Clearly this trade was made to pluck Willis before the Niners could pick, but I wasn't going to grab him and my feeling is the real Niners won't either. I think he's a much better fit in the 4-3 than the 3-4.

If you told me a couple months ago that Alan Branch would be sitting there at 11, with the Niners desperate for a true NT, I would've said you're crazy. But he's started to fall, mostly due to concerns over his effort and willingness to play every down. That's not my concern though. Is Branch just too big to play NT? A 6'6" guy might not get the leverage needed.

All that being said, a DE is actually a bigger concern for SF than NT, with the age of Young and Douglas. While I don't love it, that's why I'll be passing on Branch for the guy I'm convinced SF will actually draft:

Adam Carriker, DE, Nebraska.

A true 3-4 DE. Might lack the top end speed you look for in a pass rusher, but in the Niners system, I'm pretty sure he could still be an impact player.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 07:34 AM   #84
Leonidas
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
I'm not sold on Quinn.

I'd rather have Dewayne Jarrett or even Levi Brown if he falls that far.
Jarrett will be a second round pick. The NFL is kinda funny about wide receivers who can't break a 4.7 40. He's Mike Williams all over again.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:43 AM   #85
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
Jarrett will be a second round pick. The NFL is kinda funny about wide receivers who can't break a 4.7 40. He's Mike Williams all over again.

Such a crock of shit (sentences 2 & 3 -- thankfully for my team, he might be there for their 2nd rounder).

There's 2 things similar between Williams and Jarrett: their school and the way they dominated in college.

For the record, Jarrett ran a 4.62 (but Jerry Rice does fit your description of WRs who can't break a 4.7). He also is fantastic at going up and getting the ball in traffic and will be a redzone stud because of that. I would take him in a second.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:47 AM   #86
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

I'm also a big Jarrett fan. I think any team that gets him in the mid to late 2nd round got a huge steal. He's getting a bad rap only because he went to the same school and compares a lot with Mike Williams. They are two different people.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:20 AM   #87
RedKingGold
College Starter

I think what scare more people is Jarrett's apparent ego and attitude (see how he acted in the Rose Bowl game)
Old 04-17-2007, 08:30 AM   #88
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
10th overall selection - ILB Patrick Willis, Ole Miss

Solid pick.

I think that Calvin Johnson, LaRon Landry, and Patrick Willis are the players in this draft with the best combination of Low Risk/High Upside.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:41 AM   #89
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
I think what scare more people is Jarrett's apparent ego and attitude (see how he acted in the Rose Bowl game)

Anything he did that embarassed UM in that game is gravy in my eyes
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:52 AM   #90
Logan
Head Coach

btw, I PM'd mckerney.

RKG -- how do you feel about Carriker on the Niners? Would you have taken Branch?
Old 04-17-2007, 09:26 AM   #91
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I'm going to be away from the computer most of the day, so if we make it to 18 I'll have to pick tonight.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:19 AM   #93
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiRevival View Post
And yet no one wants to trade up and take Landry off my hands? I'm just asking for somewhat fair trade value.

I think safety is one of those positions (like OG) where it's very easy to find cheap and capable starters, so you have a few stud guys (Reed, Taylor, probably Landry, couple others) and a whole collection of solid players who can be replaced every few years by a similar player. The only time safety is a huge need on a team is when you need that stud to mask some other major deficiencies (like grabbing the punisher hitter who could come up and make the play on the RB because your ILBs can't do the job, or on the WR because your CBs are great cover guys but can't tackle).
Old 04-17-2007, 10:26 AM   #94
Bee
Pro Starter

Yep, no one wants to trade up and get a saftey IMO. If you're going to give up multiple players for a single player, I think it's best for that single player to be at a position that can really impact the team and not a more complimentary position like safety.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:27 AM   #95
Leonidas
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Such a crock of shit (sentences 2 & 3 -- thankfully for my team, he might be there for their 2nd rounder).

There's 2 things similar between Williams and Jarrett: their school and the way they dominated in college.

For the record, Jarrett ran a 4.62 (but Jerry Rice does fit your description of WRs who can't break a 4.7). He also is fantastic at going up and getting the ball in traffic and will be a redzone stud because of that. I would take him in a second.
Williams was going to be a redzone stud too. And did you just compare Jarrett to Jerry Rice?

Getting back to my point, you'd waste the 1.9 on a guy you might get in the second?
Old 04-17-2007, 10:53 AM   #96
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
btw, I PM'd mckerney.

RKG -- how do you feel about Carriker on the Niners? Would you have taken Branch?

Thanks for the PM.

The Bills select Alan Branch, DT, Michigan
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 11:49 AM   #97
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
Williams was going to be a redzone stud too.

Williams was a moron who decided to follow in the immortal steps of Maurice Clarett, and as a result didn't play football for a year.

Quote:
And did you just compare Jarrett to Jerry Rice?

No. But you are the one who decided a player's value by bringing up his (inaccurate) 40 time, a performance measure that has absolutely no bearing on the NFL game. Please tell me how often a WR lines up in a three-point stance and then gets a free explosion off the line as he runs in a straight line without needing to shed a defender or look back for the ball. Go ahead.

All I did was show an instance of the greatest receiver in NFL history becoming the greatest receiver in NFL history despite a "slow" 40 time.

Last edited by Logan : 04-17-2007 at 11:50 AM.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:12 PM   #98
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Order/picks updated.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:03 PM   #99
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The Arizona Cardinals have agreed to trade the rights to pick #5 to the Packers

for 2007 Round 1 - #16
2007 Round 2 - #15 (47)
2007 Round 4 - #13 (112)
2008 Round 3
Old 04-17-2007, 02:23 PM   #100
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
The Arizona Cardinals have agreed to trade the rights to pick #5 to the Packers

for 2007 Round 1 - #16
2007 Round 2 - #15 (47)
2007 Round 4 - #13 (112)
2008 Round 3

Think that's an excellent deal for you. If you really need the RB, you can take a flyer on Lynch at 16 and still have a nice 2nd rounder (or two, I think you guys have your own #2, that could be packaged to move back into the 1st) to fill other spots. Or you could address OT at 16 and use those picks for other areas. Nice haul, and I don't even know how that measures up by the chart but I don't think it should matter.

From the Packers' perspective...it's a lot to give up for the improvement from Lynch to Peterson (in theory).