Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-20-2013, 02:11 PM   #251
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Dierdorf is stepping away from the booth after this season.

CBS Sports' Dan Dierdorf to retire after 2013 NFL season - CBSSports.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
I'll miss him. He makes me think of Monday Night Football back when I was a kid/teenager and watched it religiously.

I'll miss him too. There are some announcers that just seem iconic to me, and Dierdorf is one of them. I felt the same way about Keith Jackson, Pat Summerall, and John Madden. When I heard those voices on TV, I knew it was time for football.

Gruden is growing on me but still not a big fan of his at this point. I like Al Michaels. Can't stand Costas. Talk about a blowhard who is full of himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 02:16 PM   #252
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
When you're a state that has multiple NFL and MLB teams, you tend to get talked about a bit more.

Wih the exception of the Cards, your state has had 3 of the worst franchises in sports in the last decade so I wouldn't pump your chest out to much.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 02:34 PM   #253
HomerSimpson98
High School Varsity

The NFL fined Ahmad Brooks $15K for that "illegal hit" on Brees.

Amazing. This is going too far. We wont recognize this sport in 5-10 years.
HomerSimpson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:31 PM   #254
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Wih the exception of the Cards, your state has had 3 of the worst franchises in sports in the last decade so I wouldn't pump your chest out to much.

Now we're cooking with fire here! This thread was getting pretty boring with all the officials/Tom Brady whining talk.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:39 PM   #255
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Now we're cooking with fire here! This thread was getting pretty boring with all the officials/Tom Brady whining talk.

Its incredibly frustrating, no matter who won that Monday Night game Carolina/New England was a great game from start to finish, and all there is for anyone to talk about is the refs. Maybe the Carolina/New Orleans games can end up good too with no stupid controversy so a different conversation can be had.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 05:42 PM   #256
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerSimpson98 View Post

This is pretty ridiculous when it was borderline whether or not a penalty should have even been called there.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:01 PM   #257
PilotMan
Head Coach

This might be the best news I've heard all football season.

Dierdorf to retire from broadcasting after season - Yahoo Sports

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:03 PM   #258
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerSimpson98 View Post

Protect the Shield.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Its incredibly frustrating, no matter who won that Monday Night game Carolina/New England was a great game from start to finish, and all there is for anyone to talk about is the refs.
+1 - I'd love a better explanation (why are Dr. Sak's explanation's in here 10x more consistent, concise and informative than the NFL refs who made the call or the NFL's head of officiating's?) but overall that was a great game by 2 legitimate Super Bowl contenders, and I'm feeling better about NE's playoff chances than I was before the game. The points weren't there due to the red zone fumble, dumb penalty in the red zone, sack pushing us out of FG range, and playing a really good defense with a ball control offense, but that's the Patriots offense I remember from the last 5 years. The versatility to run or pass out of any formation, dink and dunking down the field so we always ended up in 3rd and short and then converting on those 3rd downs. It's not quite back to 100% - Gronk's still not healthy mentally, I'm hoping the big Vereen drop and Ridley fumble aren't repeated events, missing Hernandez still hurts us, and I really question the playcall on our failed 3rd and 1 before our go-ahead field goal (although I'm leaning more towards it being a Brady audible than a McDaniels playcall) - but if we stay healthy, I'm back to being confident in it. Defense is still kind of a bend but don't break mess, but we've been that for a few years and Belichick is the best at creating turnovers (Monday night was the first time we didn't cause at least 1 since 2010). Sopoaga has helped shore up the D-line in obvious run fronts, and hopefully the secondary will be healthy at some point.

On the other side, Cam Newton made several amazing plays to break contain and pick up huge 3rd downs out there, and that front 7 showed why it might be the best in football. (I can only imagine how good the D will be if they get some secondary help for next year.) I still question some of their personnel/playcalls - Steve Smith seemed to come out of the game a lot, and I don't recall him really being targeted at all in the 2nd half - and I think they're obviously in big trouble if they go down multiple scores in a playoff game, but they're a better version of the Chiefs right now.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote