Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-21-2013, 08:09 PM   #1
kingfc22
Head Coach

NFL Week 12

How the hell is that not a flag, yet the hit on Brees on Sunday was???

Still a bullshit call.

kingfc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:06 PM   #2
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

WTF was that TNF intro song? Who the hell does that appeal to?

Also, regarding the non flag - Damn I wish they would stop babying the QB's.

FUCK EA

Last edited by Julio Riddols : 11-21-2013 at 09:08 PM.
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:28 PM   #3
cuervo72
Head Coach

Heh. My daughter was ripping on that last week. "Who's city? Your city? It's not your city. And why do you have long sleeves but aren't wearing pants? Wait, who ARE you anyway?"
Old 11-21-2013, 09:54 PM   #4
cuervo72
Head Coach

Uh, Nessler? Ingram was upset that the whistle blew. Derp.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:27 AM   #5
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I did not expect the Saints to go on the road on Thursday against a division opponent after having played the late game on Sunday against a physical 49ers team and win.

I am happy that they pulled that out.

Next week against Seattle (with both teams having had a long week to prepare) should be a really good one.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 12:08 PM   #6
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Uh, Nessler? Ingram was upset that the whistle blew. Derp.

How any NFL level running back misses that hole blows my mind though. When they showed the replay I about shit myself in my incredulity. It was literally 8 feet wide and right in front of him and he tries to bounce AROUND a blocker that forces him to move laterally into the arms of the guy who was completely out of the play until Ingram decided he didn't like how that huge hole looked. I almost think he was mad at himself for being such a dumbass.

FUCK EA
Old 11-22-2013, 01:10 PM   #7
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Just curious if anyone out there supports the decision to attempt a FG there with 2 minutes left? I know it's 4th and 15 and your best WR's are injured, but that's just a weak decision.

PS - has the NFL banned dunking the ball as a celebration yet?
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 01:18 PM   #8
Logan
Head Coach

I turned it back on right before the kick (think it was actually about 2:25 left?) so I was more interested in the play calling leading up to that. But not knowing that, I probably would have just went for it. It would be different if it was a chip shot but it was about 53 yards right? No gimme.

I think I'd rather go for the conversion, and if you don't get it, maybe you'll earn a little in the way of field position or, ideally in a failure, they end up catching a deep INT which is effectively a pooch punt. At the very least you save the 7 yards on the missed FG.

Even if he made the kick, you then have to recover the onside kick and if you fail, you've given them significantly better field position than where they would have taken over on a failed 4th down try. And in the event you stop them from getting a first down, in the "FG is good" scenario, they're probably in field position where it makes more sense to just go for it on 4th and end the game. Whereas if you went for it originally, they would punt.

The odds were likely pretty small in either situation. I'm sure we'll get the win probabilities soon that would shed some more light on the call, statistically.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 01:51 PM   #9
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Considering Bryant had hit his last 9 over 50 plus, and it was in a dome.. I think the kick was the right call. Converting a 4th and 15 is WAY less likely than hitting a 50 yard FG these days, and the Falcons had enough time on the clock to get a stop and get the ball back for another FG. They could have kicked off normally if the FG had been good, then they would have had to get a 3 and out.

I think if they get the FG and a 3 and out, they probably win the game.

FUCK EA
Old 11-22-2013, 02:41 PM   #10
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
I think if they get the FG and a 3 and out, they probably win the game.

Then again, there's the odds of the Falcons getting a 3-and-out to consider. They did it on the opening drive of the night, did it once more in the 2nd qtr, not once in the 2nd half.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:45 PM   #11
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Then again, there's the odds of the Falcons getting a 3-and-out to consider. They did it on the opening drive of the night, did it once more in the 2nd qtr, not once in the 2nd half.

Very true. I wonder if the percentages favor the 3 and out approach over trying to convert a 4th and 15. I bet it's pretty close.

FUCK EA
Old 11-22-2013, 05:33 PM   #12
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I'm pretty sure this is a flashing neon sign of dementia:

Jerry Jones, owner of Dallas Cowboys, says he's doing his best job in years - ESPN Dallas
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:39 AM   #13
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

So for my birthday my girlfriend bought me sideline tickets to the Pats game tonight, tickets to the Smerlas/DeOssie pre and post game tailgate and a private limo ride there and back.

So yeah, I don't think I am going to try and compete when her birthday rolls around.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:45 AM   #14
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Nice - have fun Jeff!!!

I've got to say that I'm havin g a hard time seeing how the Pats can pull out a win tonight, so I'm going to go into it with real low expectations. But that's probably also a strategy to keep myself from getting too upset.

Edit to clarify: I think offensively they would be able to keep it close (although to be fair they're not firing on all cylinders as impressively as Denver), but I just think defensively with all the injuries they won't be able to stop Denver enough to give the offense the chance to keep it close.

That's also my schtick too though right? And then you can all point and scold me for not being a believer when they pull out a last-second victory. And you know what - I hope that's the way it plays out and I'd gladly take all the ribbing it if it does. If that's what it takes!

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 11-24-2013 at 10:57 AM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:27 AM   #15
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

The game will be tied 24-24 with five minutes left in the fourth quarter. The camera will pan to an animated Belichick, who will be taking a cornerback aside and pointing to something and showing him how to diagnose a double move. Then the camera will pan to Jack Del Rio, who will look like a guy who just realized that he computed his dollar menu order without factoring in sales tax, as a few players and assistant coaches stand around awkwardly.

Then DaddyTorgo will say "oh, yeah. I forgot. We have the greatest coach of the last 25 years and they have the guy fired from the Jaguars." Then he will throw in a "Good Times!" because I suspect that he reads a lot of Bill Simmons
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:04 PM   #16
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

how is that not a flag on the houston defender? he touched the QB!
Old 11-24-2013, 12:11 PM   #17
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
That's also my schtick too though right? And then you can all point and scold me for not being a believer when they pull out a last-second victory.

Around my neck of the woods, we call that "being Vince Dooley"
Old 11-24-2013, 12:18 PM   #18
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Jack Del Rio, who will look like a guy who just realized that he computed his dollar menu order without factoring in sales tax, as a few players and assistant coaches stand around awkwardly.

I had to laugh at that one. At least Del Rio can figure out the dollar menu as oppose to Wade Phillips who looked like a guy that could not for the life of him figure out why there were big guys in colorful shirts and pants rolling around on the lawn.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:21 PM   #19
kingfc22
Head Coach

Tolzien with the madden juke for the TD. LOL.
Old 11-24-2013, 12:22 PM   #20
Jas_lov
College Starter

Tolzien! This will be the only game the Packers have a chance to win without Rodgers, only because Minnesota is one of the few teams in the league that have a worse QB situation. GB needs to win today, have Rodgers return for Thanksgiving and win that game. That Lions-GB game basically decides the tiebreaker for the division title.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:43 PM   #21
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Bears defense - still terrible.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:52 PM   #22
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Crotch fumble?
Old 11-24-2013, 01:07 PM   #23
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Both Long brothers actually deserve to get tossed. Howie must be proud.

Kyle Long tries to kick some dude on the ground.
Chris Long rushes the field during the "fighting".

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 11-24-2013 at 01:08 PM.
Old 11-24-2013, 01:11 PM   #24
Thomkal
Head Coach

Snowing in Cleveland...ah its football season at last
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:12 PM   #25
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Both Long brothers actually deserve to get tossed. Howie must be proud.

Kyle Long tries to kick some dude on the ground.
Chris Long rushes the field during the "fighting".

Howie and his wife are both at the game, they interviewed them on Fox earlier, so now they got to see it in person. Hope they show their mother chewing them out for fighting
Old 11-24-2013, 01:29 PM   #26
miami_fan
Coordinator

I still have no idea what a illegal hit. Player safety my ass
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:29 PM   #27
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Keuchly just took someones head off.

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:30 PM   #28
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
Tolzien! This will be the only game the Packers have a chance to win without Rodgers, only because Minnesota is one of the few teams in the league that have a worse QB situation. GB needs to win today, have Rodgers return for Thanksgiving and win that game. That Lions-GB game basically decides the tiebreaker for the division title.
GB is just awful to watch right now. 2-3 CBs out, 2 LBs out, Rodgers, Finley, 2 OL, Cobb and now Franklin got hurt on the kickoff. Their offense Lacy and Nelson making a great play on a marginal Tolzien pass. On D, these 3-4th string DBs can't catch and have already dropped two gift INTs. Just a shame to watch a team that had so much promise slip into irrelevancy because of an insurmountable number of key injuries.
Old 11-24-2013, 01:30 PM   #29
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
I still have no idea what a illegal hit. Player safety my ass

No doubt. Threw a flag then picked it up. What a bullshit non-call.
Old 11-24-2013, 01:34 PM   #30
Radii
Head Coach

Kuechly is officially immune to penalties in the end zone.

Carolina's offense though... holy shit this is bad today.

Last edited by Radii : 11-24-2013 at 01:48 PM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:37 PM   #31
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Carolina did a nice job getting a FG before the half.
Old 11-24-2013, 01:48 PM   #32
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
The game will be tied 24-24 with five minutes left in the fourth quarter. The camera will pan to an animated Belichick, who will be taking a cornerback aside and pointing to something and showing him how to diagnose a double move. Then the camera will pan to Jack Del Rio, who will look like a guy who just realized that he computed his dollar menu order without factoring in sales tax, as a few players and assistant coaches stand around awkwardly.

Then DaddyTorgo will say "oh, yeah. I forgot. We have the greatest coach of the last 25 years and they have the guy fired from the Jaguars." Then he will throw in a "Good Times!" because I suspect that he reads a lot of Bill Simmons

Hey if that's the case I'll be giddy. And yes, I'll probably say something like that if we do end up winning (depending obviously on how the game plays out of course).

And I don't read a lot of Simmons - he was fun when he a local or still wasn't overexposed, but now that he's a West Coaster and is overexposed he's annoying.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 02:01 PM   #33
Thomkal
Head Coach

Matt Flynn in for Tolzien in Green Bay...and thus the circle is complete
Old 11-24-2013, 02:02 PM   #34
Radii
Head Coach

Solid drive for Carolina, huge 4th and 1 call from their own 41 and 4 nice runs from Cam on the drive (two designed/two scrambles). Hopefully that is a sign of things to come for the rest of the half.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 02:11 PM   #35
Galaril
Pro Starter

Wow the Chargers are getting royally jobbed by the refs in KC.m play FOOTBALL already!
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 02:14 PM   #36
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
Wow the Chargers are getting royally jobbed by the refs in KC.m play FOOTBALL already!

Please. The calls they've been making are all good calls. Haven't seen anything that wasn't a clear call.

However, it was hilarious to see Philip Rivers get into it with Andy Reid. Reid tried to ignore him and then turned around to give him a piece of his mind after he wouldn't shut up.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 02:24 PM   #37
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Lamar Miller needs to quit running fucking backwards.
Old 11-24-2013, 02:27 PM   #38
weegeebored
High School Varsity

Trestman is still a fucking idiot. You're down 10 with a bad defense and you go for it? Go back to the CFL.

Last edited by weegeebored : 11-24-2013 at 02:29 PM.
weegeebored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 02:39 PM   #39
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

WTF Detroit!?!?!?

My suicide pool run is in serious danger.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 02:40 PM   #40
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Nice - have fun Jeff!!!

I've got to say that I'm havin g a hard time seeing how the Pats can pull out a win tonight, so I'm going to go into it with real low expectations. But that's probably also a strategy to keep myself from getting too upset.

Edit to clarify: I think offensively they would be able to keep it close (although to be fair they're not firing on all cylinders as impressively as Denver), but I just think defensively with all the injuries they won't be able to stop Denver enough to give the offense the chance to keep it close.

That's also my schtick too though right? And then you can all point and scold me for not being a believer when they pull out a last-second victory. And you know what - I hope that's the way it plays out and I'd gladly take all the ribbing it if it does. If that's what it takes!

The weather
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 02:45 PM   #41
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Did I seriously just here the phrase "bring Matt Flynn back to Green Bay and the magic is back"...?
Old 11-24-2013, 02:46 PM   #42
Jas_lov
College Starter

Matt Flynn should have started the game. Might be too little too late. Defense will have to stop AP, which they can't do.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 02:46 PM   #43
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Yes you did. Apparently tape of his other stops has been completely destroyed. Matt Flynn: evil genius.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 02:47 PM   #44
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by weegeebored View Post
Trestman is still a fucking idiot. You're down 10 with a bad defense and you go for it? Go back to the CFL.

Sadly, it sounds as if Lovie has programmed you on how football should be played.

This is also why most coaches dont "go for it". Fans wanting to second guess everything they do and not realizing the risk associated with "going for it".

Last edited by jbergey22 : 11-24-2013 at 02:50 PM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 02:51 PM   #45
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Those da*n New England Saints, their defense can't even score a touchdown...

(sorry, just amusing myself at the NFL Red Zone announcer's misstatement)
Old 11-24-2013, 02:59 PM   #46
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Crazy stuff in Arrowhead with Justin Houston and Tamba Hali both out of the game. Neither defensive line is doing anything in the 2nd half.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 03:08 PM   #47
hoopsguy
General Manager

The refereeing in Bears/Rams game has been somewhere south of god awful.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 03:09 PM   #48
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

mon Ponder, all the other bad teams are winning, dont start to play good now
Old 11-24-2013, 03:12 PM   #49
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Finalize the collapse Vikings. Do what you do best.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 03:12 PM   #50
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
The refereeing in Bears/Rams game has been somewhere south of god awful.

The game needs more holding calls.

The ref doing this game is, in my opinion, the worst in the league.