Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-21-2013, 10:58 PM   #1
tarcone
Coordinator

PING: Football Bones- PT Games Designer/Publisher

I have some questions about your games.
I see on your site that you only have demo games with 4 teams produced. Are you going to add more teams to your games?
And, if so, would there be a ball park price on those cards?
How good do your games play solo? Is the AI solid?
How does it compare to Paydirt or Bowl Bound?
How does Basketball Bones compare to statis pro Basketball?
And is the hockey game accessible to a guy who is not a huge hockey fan?

I saw a video on BGG reviewing Football Bones. And, if the solo play is solid, I like the looks of it.

Thanks

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15

tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:00 AM   #2
PilotMan
Head Coach

You're probably going to get more traction looking in this thread:

Football Bones has arrived!! Statis Pro Football reimagined. - Front Office Football Central

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 03:56 PM   #3
Tim Tellean
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
I have some questions about your games.
I see on your site that you only have demo games with 4 teams produced. Are you going to add more teams to your games?
And, if so, would there be a ball park price on those cards?
How good do your games play solo? Is the AI solid?
How does it compare to Paydirt or Bowl Bound?
How does Basketball Bones compare to statis pro Basketball?
And is the hockey game accessible to a guy who is not a huge hockey fan?

I saw a video on BGG reviewing Football Bones. And, if the solo play is solid, I like the looks of it.

Thanks

I have 3 seasons available: 1981, 1989 and 2012-13. The demo allows people to try the game without a larger investment. Full cardsets and the game are available through the store. Click the Football Bones link at the top of storefront page to see all that we offer.
Card prices vary depending on number of players. Check the website and store for pricing.
I think the solo plays well. The rules allow for great flexibility in the role you want to play. A league for solo play has been playing along with last years schedule. Co-Op Football League Its unaffiliated with the company.
Football Bones doesn't compare to Paydirt of Bowl Bound directly. FB is a reimagining of Statis Pro Football.
Basketball Bones is a great game. It is not related to or a derivative of any other game engine. Greg Eno designed it from the ground up.
Yes, Hockey Bones is a great game that allows anyone to play. It doesn't require vast hockey knowledge, only a rudimentary understanding of the roles of wingers, forwards, defensemen and goalies.

Come by the website http://sports.ptgamesinc.com and see it for yourself. We have an active forum where I and many others will be glad to answer questions. We have a page of images from our games as well as game specific pages with even more images.
We just added PayOff Pitch Baseball from Joe Bryan to our lineup and I will be holding a holiday sale next week. (Probably 25% off everything, except baseball as we are already doing a pre-order sale).
Tim Tellean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 06:02 PM   #4
tarcone
Coordinator

Cool. Thanks. I LOVE sports sims. When I dropped playing some of the boardgames I played with my buddies, I always played sports games solo. Statis-Pro baseball was my go to. But I loved the basketball game.
I played tons of football games with my brothers.
A good solo football game would be awesome. As would be a basketball game. And Ive always wanted a hockey game.

Thanks for the info.

Old 11-22-2013, 06:14 PM   #5
ColtCrazy
College Starter

This game is the top of my radar and will be my next purchase. I'm a huge fan of Statis Pro Football. If it's a an upgraded Statis Pro, then it will lend itself very well to solitaire play. The examples I've seen online look more in-depth than Statis Pro. Can't wait.

Tarcone, if you want a good solo basketball game, look at Statis Pro Basketball. A guy named Phil Graham still makes cards for the game. I would recommend his cards over buying old sets of the game as the game had several variations. His cards are excellent. I emailed him to get a link to his website as I can't find it, but he sells on ebay as well.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 06:28 PM   #6
tarcone
Coordinator

I love statis pro basketball. I had some great games. Late 80s teams. Adrian Dantley ? lit it up. Reggie Theus was The Man.

Last edited by tarcone : 11-22-2013 at 06:28 PM.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:49 PM   #7
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
I love statis pro basketball. I had some great games. Late 80s teams. Adrian Dantley ? lit it up. Reggie Theus was The Man.

Oh yeah, Theus was always a stud. My first set was the 84/85 set. Loved the Bucks. Amazing defensive team that could score a bit better than they could in reality.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote