Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-27-2013, 11:05 AM   #1
markprior22
High School Varsity

Reading magazines with google newsstand?

I got an android tablet a few months ago. I also have a subscription to SI magazine which gives me the ability to read the magazine on the android via google newsstand (formerly google magazine). Since the change was made to google newsstand, reading the magazine has become a chore. When I turn a page, it often just remains either all black or all white. It skips pages, etc.

I'm not the most familiar with tablets and am wondering if there are other options to read the magazine. I know there are readers which allow you to subscribe to magazines through their service but I'm not really interested in that. I've already got the subscription (directly from SI) and just need a good way to read it.

Appreciate any help...Happy Thanksgiving!

markprior22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 11:13 AM   #2
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by markprior22 View Post
I got an android tablet a few months ago. I also have a subscription to SI magazine which gives me the ability to read the magazine on the android via google newsstand (formerly google magazine). Since the change was made to google newsstand, reading the magazine has become a chore. When I turn a page, it often just remains either all black or all white. It skips pages, etc.

I'm not the most familiar with tablets and am wondering if there are other options to read the magazine. I know there are readers which allow you to subscribe to magazines through their service but I'm not really interested in that. I've already got the subscription (directly from SI) and just need a good way to read it.

Appreciate any help...Happy Thanksgiving!

Pixel works well. I guess I am not sure how this works either. My Baseball America subscription came through Pixel and I wanted to switch it to Apple Newstand to keep my other subsciptions together and I wasnt able to do it. You may have to stick with google if that is who you ordered it through.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote