Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-26-2019, 08:31 AM   #1
QuikSand
lolzcat

MP league - team ignoring my gameplan?

So, I am pretty hands-off when it comes to gameplanning. I have one, I tend to use it for all my teams, and tweak here and there based on personnel or coaches. It's haphazard. I also access MP FOF from two computers, which is sub-optimal. So, I'm not the most reliable witness.

Anyway... I'm frustrated that a MP team of mine doesn't seem to be following my orders. At least not in the superficial way I check for such things - our first play does not match up with the first play in the gameplan that I believe I have uploaded.

So, without a ton more detail... anyone have a clue what might be going on?

QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 08:33 AM   #2
QuikSand
lolzcat

One potential lead - when I imported a gameplan file, I got the error message that it wasn't fully compatible with the playbook I had in place, but that it would do its best to make it work. Perhaps that's the source of the problem here?

The gameplan I see in-game matches up with what I uploaded yesterday, from this same computer. But it doesn't seem like it's being used... the first play/formation does not match up, nor has it in any game this season.
Old 11-26-2019, 08:35 AM   #3
QuikSand
lolzcat

Feeling like my season is going down the chute in a league I care about over bullshit like this. Trying to play a dated and nearly-obsolete game is fucking hard enough as it is... don't really need horseshit like this as another offramp.
Old 11-26-2019, 08:48 AM   #4
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

One of my leagues? if so, maybe I can export the playbook and have you import it onto both computers? (I'll have to export it twice to do that.)

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 11-26-2019 at 08:48 AM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 08:52 AM   #5
QuikSand
lolzcat

IHOF
Old 11-26-2019, 08:52 AM   #6
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
One of my leagues? if so, maybe I can export the playbook and have you import it onto both computers? (I'll have to export it twice to do that.)

I would welcome that, if it isn't serious trouble.
Old 11-26-2019, 09:09 AM   #7
Ben E Lou

Ok. First export done. Text me when you've downloaded it, then I'll export it again for you to download on the other computer. We should probably complete both of these before you export or I run another stage.
Old 11-26-2019, 12:19 PM   #8
Subby
lolzcat

I have the same issue in GML
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 12:31 PM   #9
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
I have the same issue in GML
Are you using two different computers?
Old 11-26-2019, 01:34 PM   #10
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Are you using two different computers?
Yes - probably 90% my machine at work but 2 or 3 times per season I use my home computer.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 02:29 PM   #11
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
Yes - probably 90% my machine at work but 2 or 3 times per season I use my home computer.
If you used the home machine around the time you had the issue, I'll bet that's it. As fast as the GML moves, the best bet is probably to make sure you use the same computer for the last four stages of the season. Alternately, I'm guessing we'd need to export playbook to both computers to make sure everything is in sync.
Old 11-26-2019, 09:38 PM   #12
tzach
High School JV

i should have looked at this thread earlier -- sorry quik

the same happened to me in one of my ccfl seasons some time ago when i was using two computers -- almost 100% sure it comes from the game plan not matching the playbook
tzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 07:52 AM   #13
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:

Many, many thanks. Team was 4-4 amidst this gameplan problem. 9-4 since the remedy.

When I try to Restore Gameplan from my home computer, I get an error message. Could you possible export again? (Sorry for the PITA)