Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-27-2019, 03:35 PM   #1
supersheep
n00b

Error message/crash

Hey everyone.
I've been getting this and it's making the game unplayable, I'm wondering if anyone else has gotten something similar and has a solution.

I am in season 2450 and this has been happening off and on for a while, but now it's happening repeatedly and is making the game almost unplayable.

So at the start of week 1 when i simulate the games, every so often I was getting an error message saying "Out of memory" and it would then pull up a live scoreboard for a game (not mine) but a blank white screen. Once this happens I'd usually have to crtl alt delete my way out and restart. Normally this would be a 1 off thing and with a restart it would be fine but now it's happening repeatedly, but the error would happen on the same game during the week. It only happens on week 1, tho one time it happened on week 2.

Other notes: I have a top of the line laptop with plenty of hard drive space available. My computer specs far exceed the minimum requirements. I run the game through steam.

I tried multiple times to upload screenshots but it kept failing to upload...

supersheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 07:02 PM   #2
MIJB#19
Coordinator

You really are in the year 2450? I mean, that actually sounds awesome and makes even more sense that you want to salvage that career, but that could mean you've reached the limitations on how much memory FOF can handle. This is just speculation and a way to think along, it's a much better idea to (try to) contact Solecismic support with as much detail as possible.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 09:09 PM   #3
supersheep
n00b

I have, hopefully i get a helpful response.
Old 12-30-2019, 10:27 PM   #4
supersheep
n00b

Well I got my response.

Unfortunately there actually is a point where FoF is no longer playable due to memory issues. They are aware of the RAM issues that would eventually come into play, but there's really no fix for it.
They tested 200 seasons and all was well, but since I'm at almost 450, I guess that was just too much for the game to take.
Old 01-01-2020, 05:25 AM   #5
Olsson
High School JV

So... What’s the salary cap? :-)

Last edited by Olsson : 01-01-2020 at 05:41 AM.
Olsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 09:30 AM   #6
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olsson View Post
So... What’s the salary cap? :-)
That depends on the settings he used.
You can set it to never increase or set it to heavily increase every season.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 11:43 AM   #7
Olsson
High School JV

How will the AI react if you set it to 0?

I’m tired of handing out 9 million for a 5th receiver om 2065. I have the cap at 60 to 90 which of course is a bit high, but I generally experiwnce solid squad building by the AI.
Olsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 03:30 AM   #8
supersheep
n00b

The salary cap eventually quits going up. I was paying around 2.4m for an undrafted rookie and an elite QB would make typically from 90-120m. I think the cap was 789m

Other issues that came into play were that the game started running really slow, for example i would have to wait 5-10 minutes for late free agency to complete.