Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Front Office Football Multiplayer > CyFL Alternate Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-06-2019, 10:04 AM   #1
Firefly
High School Varsity

Important Announcement

Guys, in recent seasons my enjoyment of the game has been decreasing steadily. Given the amount of work involved in running the league on top of that, I decided to step down from the job.

I thought the league could continue with a new simmer, but when I talked to Bode about it, he wasn't comfortable with that. And so we decided this would be the last year for the league (at least for the league with prizes and stuff).

Given that, and to make it special, Bode decided that all the Bowl money that players don't get because of Bowl votes would go to beef up the AI prizes. That means AI prizes could be potentially huge this year.

And a second thing. Given the above, we thought it would be best to shut down trading for the year.

I'm really sorry for those of you who are enjoying the league. It's been a great run. But it's become more of a weight for me over time and I'd really like to move on to other things. Oh, and of course, the website thing. That's just the last straw, nothing more.

Old 11-06-2019, 10:05 AM   #2
Firefly
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawblade300 View Post
Well, crap. Sad news indeed, but when it's no longer fun or it's become work, I get it. This is my 25th season in the league, so it will be strange not continuing. I won't miss the frustration that comes from (at times) putting together a good team but never managing more than 6, 7, 8 wins.

We can discuss here. Btw, if someone wants to keep running the sims, the league can go on. No prizes, though. Unless you can talk Bode into it.
Old 11-06-2019, 12:55 PM   #3
Firefly
High School Varsity

Can someone post the original post in the forum? I see there are still trade threads, I don't think everyone has seen it
Old 12-15-2019, 08:52 PM   #4
fstarz1369
n00b

as I have said before..
If people want to continue.. I'll volunteer to SIM, as long as someone helps w the draft room, forum.. etc