Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-03-2013, 05:46 PM   #401
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, Lord Renly lost roughly 13,500 men in the battle per Littlefinger. My understanding is that Robb lost considerably (more than half, less than 90%) fewer ... I won't publish the number here in case the communication is not secure.

Just using these as sanity checks for the quality of information received from Littlefinger. I've got information from Varys that I may wish to explore further at a later date. But not now.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:47 PM   #402
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Me and Julio are talking, figuring out which way to go. Unfortunately, I think the deals to vote Greyjoys today have been made. And it's voting someone Not Named Us.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:47 PM   #403
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Hi Jag.

Put it this way. He might have, but me and JAG probably accounted for about 30% of all of Chief's IMs...just from our Hand conversations. Things can blur a bit.

And no, but I'll ask Chief for an accounting of your stuff.

You would know what I'm referring to - this was not cryptic.

I barely explored Hand conversations as Joffrey and I were rarely around together. I was off being a diplomat in a failed venture, and then I was gone. So Chief was not bothered by the two of us to any meaningful extent.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:48 PM   #404
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Oh. Yes, I do know actually.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:48 PM   #405
hoopsguy
General Manager

And now I must arrange for a daughter of this house (not Cersei) to obtain weapons training and self defense skills. I shall return when she has been trained, fed, and retired for the evening.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:56 PM   #406
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Heh. When you get back, speaking of Cersei. What's your take on her? I had a short conversation with her, but nothing since that, ages ago. It just didn't seem that our interests would coincide. The information would have been nice, but she knew damn well my bannerman wanted to kill Jaime.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:32 PM   #407
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Bug, you around?
Old 06-03-2013, 06:43 PM   #408
MrBug708
Head Coach

Ya
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:46 PM   #409
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I just IM'd you stuff, so there. :P
Old 06-03-2013, 08:26 PM   #410
hoopsguy
General Manager

Back now, thanks for moving my vote for earlier deadline.

I'll be around for good portions of the evening if there is a need to catch up in this thread.

I've got very little insight into Cersei's motivations. I have always assumed they would be driven by protecting her son. She advised me that I should join you in the raven she sent at the end of the day, although she sounded just as frantic there as she did in her late posts today.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:39 PM   #411
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

We're all 99% sure she's the only one who can view these threads, for what it's worth.

That said, should be some interesting stuff tomorrow. One of you I'm gonna send to Joffrey, the other I'm not sure just yet. That being said, talks went well with Theon - he understood we had to vote him today, and it shouldn't affect tomorrow's dealings.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:00 PM   #412
hoopsguy
General Manager

So, correct me if I'm wrong - but at the moment are we the only faction without someone that is dishonorable? If so, how does that potentially play into trying to bring Selmy over to Team Stark?

If we need to juice the honor score - before one of us gets Enemy status again, I suppose - then does it make sense to donate to the poor or something along those lines to adjust our "score" upwards? I seem to recall seeing conversation in the thread about him requiring a ruler to have a minimum honor threshold, or something along those lines.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:08 PM   #413
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

It does - however, it's going to take several more days for Selmy to officially go anywhere, unfortunately. He has a bodyguard ability in the interim, however - and we've had it off and on.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:09 PM   #414
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

And believe me - I've spent so much money on the poor and the homeless, they have better houses than I do at this point. I've made it a point since I discovered how nasty negative honor was to juice the living fuck out of it.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:19 PM   #415
hoopsguy
General Manager

I had inquired around the bodyguard once I was on the run and been assured that he wasn't going to help an Enemy of the Realm.

I'm wondering what the BG would come into play for - I assume assassination attempts, but can you think of anything else?

Similarly, if he did join a faction I'm guessing it wouldn't be bringing troops or ships - probably a battle bonus, similar to what I saw attributed to Jamie.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:20 PM   #416
hoopsguy
General Manager

For the record, I have yet to poach on another thread ... saw all the "oops, sorry" posts and was getting to point where I wanted to whack you + path across respective knuckles with a ruler.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:21 PM   #417
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Unless he's lying to me, I already know what he brings when he joins a faction.

Won't go into details, but it's damned useful. It's worth pouring money into keeping honor up.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:22 PM   #418
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Hey man. Kings gotta do a fuckload of clicking.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:22 PM   #419
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

There's also the ever interesting matter of Littlefinger.

From what he told me, he CAN join a faction - he's choosing not to right now because he loses a bunch of his special abilities.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:23 PM   #420
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Or it could be bullshit.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:24 PM   #421
hoopsguy
General Manager

So this will be new, not having to spend a large sum of money every day just for the sake of spending it. Let me know if there are actions that you would like to see in terms of money, troop movement, etc.

I'm a little cautious about what to ask in this thread if you fear they are being watched. But I assume there is thought being paid to next war, strategies to avoid Lannister+Renly+Ironborn forming an alliance tomorrow, etc?

Also curious if the publicly discussed details on the Brienne of Tarth negotiation were the entirety of that particular deal? I was more or less expecting to be joining her as a fellow bannerman this afternoon. Don't need more info than you are comfortable giving on this, just trying to cover some open questions that I had if they can be discussed.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:26 PM   #422
hoopsguy
General Manager

Do we have a maester's report, or second-hand info on the Greyjoy clan?
Old 06-03-2013, 09:27 PM   #423
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

No, I don't mind that part becoming public (wars we'll get into shortly).

Long story short, from the public thread, I'm FAIRLY convinced that Brienne got a bonus to stuff when she is Renly's bannerman - and only Renly's bannerman.

So, I figured I'd take a land off him. Since he couldn't (and certainly wouldn't) give me Highgarden, I took his best Inland province. Figured it'd be better to amass more inland provinces to nullify the fleet advantages should we be attacked.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:27 PM   #424
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Not yet - we should spend money on that tomorrow.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:28 PM   #425
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I got a report on Renly owed to me right now, FWIW.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:29 PM   #426
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

And...judging from my talks today, it's far more looking like Everyone vs Renly tomorrow. Heh.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:30 PM   #427
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Not yet - we should spend money on that tomorrow.

Hmm, darn. Did not do it today with expectation that it would be done by someone and did not want to duplicate effort. I would smile if that were in my nature. (ooc - have probably goofed that up somewhere, but have tried to remember not to use any emoticons)

I haven't heard much mention of Tyrion. I'm wondering, to some extent, how engaged Danny has been with the role. He usually does not have the "Lathum syndrome" of being uninterested in digging into complex games, but he has been far more quiet than I would have expected at the outset.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:31 PM   #428
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

He's another guy I spoke briefly with, he told me he wanted money - lots and lots of money, and told me he could follow people. I put him in the camp of 'not worth my effort, money, or my precious, previous ravens.'
Old 06-03-2013, 09:31 PM   #429
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Which, I'm wondering if EVERYONE put him into that camp, no one has said much to him, and he's losing interest.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:33 PM   #430
hoopsguy
General Manager

Have you and Stannis reached any kind of "divide and conquer" notion around Stark getting Tywin and him receiving Joffrey?

I'm guessing Joffrey won't bend to Renly if we are moving towards a dogpile on his forces tomorrow. I don't have a great set of information on what Joffrey had for his troops, but I expect with half of mine joining him that they were a pretty formidable group. Especially for a bannerman, if it goes that direction. I also assume Joffrey would be yielding lands, which would create a pretty substantial edge for the person who gets him.

Bottom line - even if Joffrey isn't a factor in becoming king I expect him to be one heck of a bannerman for someone by the end of this week.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:35 PM   #431
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm insanely jealous of the amount of intel you seem to have, relative to what I felt like House Lannister had early on and what I later suffered through in my trip to the woods.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:36 PM   #432
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Yeah, I want him - or failing that, we're gonna have to do something drastic there. Granted, he prolly took some losses in this last battle, but that's a lot of men and money he's got.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:36 PM   #433
hoopsguy
General Manager

On an semi-related note, I feel bad for Stannis - judging by his thread, he is not getting a whole heck of a lot of quality counsel. Their fortress seems to be an echo chamber.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:36 PM   #434
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Heh. Well, had you not wandered around like a god damned peasant for days on end, and led my men on merry chases, this coulda been done sooner!
Old 06-03-2013, 09:38 PM   #435
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I pretty much make it a point to have the bannermen burn a raven to some random person daily, I get my daily dose of bullshit from Varys, and there's emissaries almost every day. News, it comes my way.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:39 PM   #436
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Yeah, I want him - or failing that, we're gonna have to do something drastic there. Granted, he prolly took some losses in this last battle, but that's a lot of men and money he's got.

If we lose him, we probably need to own the neutrals. Or be sure that we've got a 2:1 against the party that secures his services.

Or land Renly. If Renly is attacked in war again and forced to kneel my first inclination is that he would try to thwart Stannis.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:42 PM   #437
hoopsguy
General Manager

I think if I had joined you at a point where you had Roose that it would have had a lot of potential to create alliances against House Stark. Perhaps that was me overthinking, but my hope was to mirror the actions in Robert's Rebellion and arrive just in the nick of time to crown the future king.

That would have been a more fun plan if I wasn't operating under fear of capture every day. Without that threat, I would have launched an assassin by now for sure.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:43 PM   #438
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

That's the thing - if one went, someone else would HAVE to fall into line, I think. I'm moderately certain it's damned close to an I Win button if Joffrey bends knee too early.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:38 AM   #439
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

What's Zinto's usual online schedule, hoops?
Old 06-04-2013, 08:20 AM   #440
MrBug708
Head Coach

I wont be around for a few hours this AM. From about 8 to noon PST
Old 06-04-2013, 08:21 AM   #441
MrBug708
Head Coach

I would imagine I'll be the next enemy of the realm. If so, I can probably buy my honor back
Old 06-04-2013, 08:21 AM   #442
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

You people and your crazy pacific time.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:22 AM   #443
MrBug708
Head Coach

Hey man, got a half day sub job...gotta do what I can

West Coast is where it's at! My brother in law is a huge Chicago fan as he is from there. They live in DC at the moment. He hated it here on the WC, but I think it was because he couldnt see his teams live.

He was from Wheaton
Old 06-04-2013, 08:27 AM   #444
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Heh. I can see Wheaton from my office. (I live & work in Naperville, technically speaking)
Old 06-04-2013, 08:42 AM   #445
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Hey man, got a half day sub job...gotta do what I can

West Coast is where it's at! My brother in law is a huge Chicago fan as he is from there. They live in DC at the moment. He hated it here on the WC, but I think it was because he couldnt see his teams live.

He was from Wheaton

Growing up on the east coast, I despised when i moved to Dallas, and then hated it even more in California because of sports pretty much.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:43 AM   #446
MrBug708
Head Coach

When our teams play on the east coast, it just means we miss the start of the game, not waiting up til 1 am
Old 06-04-2013, 08:44 AM   #447
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I'm to this day still bitter I was forced to move from California at a very young age. To Illinois. During one of the worst winters on record. For a kid who'd never seen snow.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:46 AM   #448
MrBug708
Head Coach

Where in California?
Old 06-04-2013, 08:48 AM   #449
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Palm Springs.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:49 AM   #450
MrBug708
Head Coach

Ya...that might be a stretch. One of the hottest places in the US.

I'll be there next week! Hope we win this war by then!