Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-03-2004, 08:16 AM   #1
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Talking Amazing/Funny Picture

I have no way to post this pic, but if you go to google and type, "frozenpipesinthegarage," you'll find one of several links to a pretty incredible and funny picture. Maybe someone can save it and post it.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 08:23 AM   #2
corbes
College Benchwarmer

Wow.

That's kind of a bummer.
corbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 08:26 AM   #3
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Reason #3,837,502 that I'm glad I live in the South.
Old 02-03-2004, 08:26 AM   #4
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

well, at least they have AAA.

Old 02-03-2004, 08:42 AM   #5
Ksyrup

Yeah, I saw that. Pretty funny. I guess this gets claimed on their homeowners insurance, as opposed to auto insurance.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 02-03-2004 at 08:42 AM.
Old 02-03-2004, 08:44 AM   #6
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog
Reason #3,837,502 that I'm glad I live in the South.

There are this many reasons I DON'T live in the south. All of them are named "Bubba" and are huge NASCAR fans.
Old 02-03-2004, 08:46 AM   #7
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari
There are this many reasons I DON'T live in the south. All of them are named "Bubba" and are huge NASCAR fans.

Believe it or not, there are actually places in the south where Bubba won't bother you. Just stay away from the Wal-Marts and you'll be fine.
Old 02-03-2004, 08:52 AM   #8
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
Believe it or not, there are actually places in the south where Bubba won't bother you. Just stay away from the Wal-Marts and you'll be fine.
Speaking of Wal-Marts in the South, you'll get a kick out of this one. Tucker's Homecoming Queen is in a quandary. Her parents have decided that it is time for her to get a part-time job for the rest of her Senior year to begin to learn responsibility in anticipation of going off to college. Knowing that people often come to me looking for responsible teenagers to work for them, she came over and asked SWMBO and I to be on the lookout because (her words), "My parents want me to work at Wal-Mart! I'm afraid to even go IN there! These Redneck and Mexican guys follow you everywhere you go! Seriously, can you imagine ME working in Wal-Mart???"

Seeing the Homecoming Queen working the checkout register at WalMart? Priceless!

Old 02-03-2004, 08:54 AM   #9
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Speaking of Wal-Marts in the South, you'll get a kick out of this one. Tucker's Homecoming Queen is in a quandary. Her parents have decided that it is time for her to get a part-time job for the rest of her Senior year to begin to learn responsibility in anticipation of going off to college. Knowing that people often come to me looking for responsible teenagers to work for them, she came over and asked SWMBO and I to be on the lookout because (her words), "My parents want me to work at Wal-Mart! I'm afraid to even go IN there! These Redneck and Mexican guys follow you everywhere you go! Seriously, can you imagine ME working in Wal-Mart???"

Seeing the Homecoming Queen working the checkout register at WalMart? Priceless!

Sounds like it would be good for her...
Old 02-03-2004, 08:55 AM   #10
Ben E Lou

Dola--

Every time I have to go in the Wal-Mart in Tucker, I'm reminded of one of my father's pet phrases: "It was so crowded that every nigga was there but Niggademus, every cracka but Crackatoa, and every Spic but Spic-and-Span!"

He wasn't exactly P.C. either, ya see...
Old 02-03-2004, 08:57 AM   #11
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
Apparently the "straw that broke the camel's back" was a $250 cell phone bill that came in the mail yesterday. Believe me, I'm tempted not to do any asking around.
Old 02-03-2004, 09:05 AM   #12
oykib
College Starter

Quote:

Let's be real. Have you ever had a beautiful and popular girl/woman at your wage slave job? Do you remember them ever doing a lick of work?

flash a dimple... touch the manager on the shoulder when she speaks to him... and it's six-hour coffee break time.
oykib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 09:08 AM   #13
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by oykib
Let's be real. Have you ever had a beautiful and popular girl/woman at your wage slave job? Do you remember them ever doing a lick of work?

flash a dimple... touch the manager on the shoulder when she speaks to him... and it's six-hour coffee break time.

I don't know what kind of shop you are operating but I make sure they earn their keep in what ever way is necessary...
Old 02-03-2004, 09:15 AM   #14
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari

I have a cousin who lives in Ohio whose given name is Bubba. He is jewish, and a lumberjack.
Old 02-03-2004, 12:05 PM   #15
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Apparently the "straw that broke the camel's back" was a $250 cell phone bill that came in the mail yesterday. Believe me, I'm tempted not to do any asking around.

You'd better not show her yours....
Old 02-03-2004, 12:54 PM   #16
Airhog
Captain Obvious

water pipes dont usually run through the roof. In this picture the roof shows considerable damage. I would be more inclined to conclude that this damage was caused by a collapse of part of the roof allowing bad weather inside. You can also see water that ran down the right corner of the room. There also seems to be some snow on the cars which lends itself to the roof theory. And finally, you can see the formation of water stalagtites on the bottom of the cars.

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 01:01 PM   #17
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Dola--

Every time I have to go in the Wal-Mart in Tucker, I'm reminded of one of my father's pet phrases:

LMAO. Y'know, I believe reading that classic was the first time all day I was glad to be awake instead of asleep.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 01:40 PM   #18
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhog
water pipes dont usually run through the roof. In this picture the roof shows considerable damage. I would be more inclined to conclude that this damage was caused by a collapse of part of the roof allowing bad weather inside. You can also see water that ran down the right corner of the room. There also seems to be some snow on the cars which lends itself to the roof theory. And finally, you can see the formation of water stalagtites on the bottom of the cars.

I was thinking that actually the pipe had broken somewhere else, and flooded the area above the garage. That would provide for the water draining down everywhere. Then when you posted this I checked again, and see all of the insulation hanging down above. I am not sure if you would insulation between a garage and the floor above it. I wouldn't think so, but then again I live in Dessert.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 01:42 PM   #19
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne
I am not sure if you would insulation between a garage and the floor above it. I wouldn't think so, but then again I live in Dessert.

I know, the hot fudge does things to your mind, doesn't it?
Old 02-03-2004, 04:47 PM   #20
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhog
Tune in next week on CSI: Michigan...
Old 02-03-2004, 05:56 PM   #21
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

You know I typed it desert first, and then my mind said no two Ss in the place..right? I guess not.
Old 02-03-2004, 06:14 PM   #22
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Oh look lets all laugh at Glengoyne for not spelling correctly....*points and laughs* Fuck you bitch the beef aint dead.
Old 02-03-2004, 06:20 PM   #23
corbes
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

it's funny 'cause it's true...
Old 02-03-2004, 06:27 PM   #24
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop
aint
Noop, be honest, If I hadn't come clean there is NO chance you would have even figured out what Ksyrup meant.

Last edited by Glengoyne : 02-03-2004 at 06:30 PM.
Old 02-03-2004, 08:09 PM   #25
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Yeah, I saw that. Pretty funny. I guess this gets claimed on their homeowners insurance, as opposed to auto insurance.

Auto damage to your own automobiles is generally excluded on homeowner policies. I imagine that they will be forced to make three separate auto claims with three deductibles.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 08:34 PM   #26
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
Auto damage to your own automobiles is generally excluded on homeowner policies. I imagine that they will be forced to make three separate auto claims with three deductibles.

That's what I was wondering. I'd have to look at mine to be sure. I can see an argument for one versus the other, but I guess if it's excluded, it's excluded.
Old 02-03-2004, 09:13 PM   #27
Craptacular
College Starter

Quote:
I am not sure if you would insulation between a garage and the floor above it. I wouldn't think so, but then again I live in Dessert.

You might for soundproofing. We have insulation in most interior walls in our house, and will be putting it in the ceiling in the basement when we finish it. I could definitely see someone putting it above a noisy garage.
Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 11:13 PM   #28
tucker342
Pro Starter

wow that would suck...
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 11:25 PM   #29
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Quote:
I was thinking that actually the pipe had broken somewhere else, and flooded the area above the garage. That would provide for the water draining down everywhere. Then when you posted this I checked again, and see all of the insulation hanging down above. I am not sure if you would insulation between a garage and the floor above it. I wouldn't think so, but then again I live in Dessert.

Well I would think that you may or may not insulate the garage, and the floor above the garage. In my house, the garage is usually the coldest room in the house. Since most garages dont have any heating, it would make sense in a place where it gets really cold to insulate the floor above the garage.

After thinking about this even more, I have to conclude that a pipe probably did burst. When I made my initial observation I forgot to factor in that its much colder in michigan then it is here. That being the case, they would not see any rain this time of year. Furthermore the amount of frozen water inside the garage lends credance to the theory of the busted pipe. However, one has to wonder how a pipe would burst in a heated room. That is of course, unless they shut the heat off to the whole house when they left. All of the pipes in my house never have a problem freezing, because they are not exposed to cold air since there is no crawl space.

I think that without any further pictures, or further information, it is hard to make a conclusive statement given the facts.

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 12:48 AM   #30
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't know what kind of shop you are operating but I make sure they earn their keep in what ever way is necessary...

Whatever way necessary, eh? You bad, bad boy...

CR

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 12:57 AM   #31
Tasan
College Starter

[quote] water pipes dont usually run through the roof. [quote]

Tell that to the idiots that built the neighborhood I currently rent in. Ever see water spots develope on the ceiling because of leaky pipes? I have. Damned plumbers had to crawl around in the attic to cut out the pipe and replace it. Funniest thing I've ever seen.

Last edited by Tasan : 02-04-2004 at 12:59 AM.
Tasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 08:34 AM   #32
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum
Whatever way necessary, eh? You bad, bad boy...

CR

Everyone has a talent...
Old 02-04-2004, 08:51 AM   #33
corbes
College Benchwarmer

I live in Pennsylvania.

Just last week, when it was really cold, we accidentally left the side door to our garage open. Just one night of that was enough that a water pipe IN THE INSULATED WALL BETWEEN THE GARAGE AND THE HOUSE froze. It didn't break, but it froze.
Old 02-04-2004, 08:53 AM   #34
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbes
I live in Pennsylvania.

Just last week, when it was really cold, we accidentally left the side door to our garage open. Just one night of that was enough that a water pipe IN THE INSULATED WALL BETWEEN THE GARAGE AND THE HOUSE froze. It didn't break, but it froze.

FYI I've tried that with the cat but the damn hair keeps them from freezing. Moral of the story -- if you are going to try and freeze a cat shave it first...
Old 02-04-2004, 09:04 AM   #35
corbes
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
the damn hair keeps them from freezing.

Evolution's funny like that.