Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-21-2012, 01:23 PM   #1
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Amazon oddness

Anyone else sell things on amazon?

I had something really odd happen last night.

I was looking through my listed items and changing prices and whatnot. I saw a DVD on my list and looked at the prices around it. I decided to raise the price from 2.35 to $5, ostly because I decided I didn't really want to sell it especially at that price. I change the number to 5, then hit save. Less than a a minute later a notice pops up in my email that said that item had sold! And at the lower 2.35 price.

That cannot be coincidence! Especially when that item had been up there for quite awhile. I'm wondering if there is a tool or site that can detect when a price change is coming and allows people in the know to snipe it up before it changes. Since when you hit save it always says that it will take a few minutes before the price change you make takes effect and it does indeed take a few minutes.

CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:05 PM   #2
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Along those same lines, I just realized that I am probably getting ripped off on one of the books I have listed. I listed it for $60, but I sold it to a book seller who has it listed for $133. It is partially my fault for listing at a low price.

What is the Amazon policy on selling it and then not shipping it? I would of course re-list it.

It really wouldn't bother me if it was a student or whatever, but it is a business that is going to 'flip' the book.

Last edited by GoldenEagle : 11-26-2012 at 03:06 PM.
GoldenEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:15 PM   #3
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
Along those same lines, I just realized that I am probably getting ripped off on one of the books I have listed. I listed it for $60, but I sold it to a book seller who has it listed for $133. It is partially my fault for listing at a low price.

What is the Amazon policy on selling it and then not shipping it? I would of course re-list it.

It really wouldn't bother me if it was a student or whatever, but it is a business that is going to 'flip' the book.

That seems to be pretty common practice on Amazon.

Amazon’s $23,698,655.93 book about flies
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote