Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-04-2010, 06:33 PM   #1
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Team Autumn (Team Champions 3-2)

This thread is for the members of Team Autumn. If you are in the TUF game and your name is not listed below, you have entered the wrong thread.

Team Autumn

1) Autumn
2) Raiders Army
3) Darth Vilus
4) CrimsonFox
5) dubb93
CPU - Waylon Rodriguez
CPU - Chris "Loudmouth" Wheeler
CPU - Ewoud Vanderzee

Last edited by EagleFan : 10-11-2010 at 09:23 PM.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:49 PM   #2
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Don Spears re-enters the cage. Clearly pleased by the action which the crowd has seen tonight. Looking determined that the FOFC will offer the same kind of excitement to their fans.

"Wow, what a evening of action. That was just two fights but I promise you that we will see much more action like that. We will be featuring our own crop of fighters as we get this federation on its feet. We start with heavyweights with out Ultimate Fighter competition but we will bring you more, as much as you demand."

"Here is what the teams are waiting for. What will your first challenge be?"

He turns towards the screen. On the screen appears to be a sand pit. In the middle of the sand pit are two barrells. One is red, the other blue. As the camera pans out there seems to be a finish line about 50 yards from the barrells. Between the barrells and the finish line are two obstacles. The first is a 10 foot wide well filled with water, the depth cannot be determined. The second is an 8 foot high fence. Above the fence is a bar which leaves about 3 feet of space between the top of the fence and the bar.

Then you can see that sitting on the ground between the two obstacles are several items. There is a rope, a deflated raft, 2 cubes (1 cubic foot), 2 cubes (8 cubic feet), 2 cubes (27 cubic feet) and 2 poles (11 feet long).

"Those barrells weigh 300 pounds each. The first team to get their barrell across the finish line wins. The winning team will select the first matchup of the competition and gain another advantage, which only they will discover."

"Good luck and Game On!!!"
Old 10-06-2010, 08:29 AM   #3
Autumn
Head Coach

Oh wow, challenges-challenges. I didn't expect that. I'll screw my brain on and be back.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:36 AM   #4
Autumn
Head Coach

EF, what are the rules in challenge? I assume we're racing against the other team. Is interference allowed, winked at, disallowed?

And am I right in reading that the items are after the water but before the fence?
Old 10-06-2010, 11:35 AM   #5
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
EF, what are the rules in challenge? I assume we're racing against the other team. Is interference allowed, winked at, disallowed?

And am I right in reading that the items are after the water but before the fence?

Racing the other team. The rule is you have to get your barrell across the finish line first. Yes, that is the layout.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:36 AM   #6
Autumn
Head Coach

Also EF, what is the size of the barrels?
Old 10-06-2010, 11:40 AM   #7
Autumn
Head Coach

So guys I suggest we have someone swim across the water to get at the items.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:40 AM   #8
Autumn
Head Coach

Probably first use the pole to sound out the well and see how deep it is.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:48 AM   #9
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Also EF, what is the size of the barrels?

Regular size barrels. The size of a barrel you may see in a western.

Last edited by EagleFan : 10-06-2010 at 11:48 AM.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:49 AM   #10
Autumn
Head Coach

I guess my question is, so it will fit easily in the gap above the fence?
Old 10-06-2010, 11:49 AM   #11
Autumn
Head Coach

My other question is ... WHERE IS TEAM AUTUMN!
Old 10-06-2010, 12:06 PM   #12
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I guess my question is, so it will fit easily in the gap above the fence?

Yes

Quote:
My other question is ... WHERE IS TEAM AUTUMN!

don't know...
Old 10-06-2010, 12:25 PM   #13
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I best use in challenges is going to be my freakish strength. Just make sure not to use me in anyway that requires agility. So if something needs lifted, I'm your man.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:43 PM   #14
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

sorry guys. i have to head to work in about 30min so i won't be around to help strategize

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:46 PM   #15
Autumn
Head Coach

All right Darth, hopefully enough will show up to figure it out.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:47 PM   #16
Autumn
Head Coach

Also guys, for right now let's keep how much we reveal to a minimum in thread. I know there are ways they can find things out.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:47 PM   #17
Autumn
Head Coach

So if the water is shallow enough we can walk across. If not, go with the raft?
Old 10-06-2010, 12:54 PM   #18
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

i don't really see a way we can use the raft to get across, it's deflated right? Don't know how we can puump it up. And if it comes to using alot of strength i know dubb and i would be pretty good, judging by his comment i think we're both at 20 strength

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 10-06-2010, 01:30 PM   #19
Autumn
Head Coach

Well we could wrap the barrel in it, tie a rope around and haul it across the water if need be.

Thoughts on the house of the cubes? 1', 2' and 3' cubes, two of each.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:30 PM   #20
Autumn
Head Coach

We could also have some messing with the other team.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:13 PM   #21
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Thoughts on the house of the cubes? 1', 2' and 3' cubes, two of each.

We stack them by the fence? Then we have someone hand the barrel to the person standing on the cubes?
Old 10-06-2010, 02:17 PM   #22
Autumn
Head Coach

Sounds good. We could even make them step style and hand the barrel from one person to the next if it's difficult to lift. I know I'm tall enough that if I'm on the 3' cube I should be able to get it through the gap.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:47 PM   #23
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Yay I'm on a team with dubb and Darth! That cheers me up.

I have a strength based guy too. CUrrently set to punches and takedowns.

Now, are we strategizing to decide who does this? Is only 1 person competing in this challenge?
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:54 PM   #24
Autumn
Head Coach

No, I think we do this as a team. We just need to decide how to solve the puzzle.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:59 PM   #25
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I volunteer to punch the opposing team in the face and dirty fight to keep them from making any progress. Yeah cubes by the fence. The bar I presume is to prevent you from throwing the barrel over the fence. Hoever. I am freakishly tall. Standing on a cube I could stuff the barrel over like a basketball. I guess we'll have to blow up the raft.

Okay I'm doing to punch the other team and dirty fight to prevent them from making progress. Then when it's time for the fence I'll pick up the barrel and shove it over between the top of the fence and the bar.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:00 PM   #26
Autumn
Head Coach

Sounds good, CF. I'll have someone roll the barrel over to the water. If we can't walk it across, we can use the raft and rope to pull it across I think.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:03 PM   #27
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

If we blow up the raft aren't we wasting time? The water is 10 feet across. We have an 11 foot pole. Use the rope to tie the barrel to the pole. Have peeps swim/walk across and then have the peeps on the other side pull the pole across w/ the barrel attached. Much faster than blowing the dang raft up IMO.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:03 PM   #28
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

oh THAT'S what the rope is for! I wondered! I thought someone was supposed to get in the raft with the barrel. Now that I'm thinking about it, the raft is useless. Either the barrel OR one of us would totally sink the raft. Does the barrel float? If so all you need is the ROPE. Have dubb pull it across since he's got superstrength. If it starts to sink, everyone help him. I really don't think the raft is useful. BUt if it had a purpose, someone has to blow it up.
Also you need someone to pick it up and run it to the finish line.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 10-06-2010 at 04:20 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:19 PM   #29
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm not thinking of blowing it up. Just using it as a net to keep the barrel from sinking, making it easier to pull it with the rope.

And good point CF, we'll assign someone to that.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:19 PM   #30
Autumn
Head Coach

We also have the option of changing our team name and captain.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:28 PM   #31
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

We atleast need to change our team name.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:03 PM   #32
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Last minute rules clarification for the teams. The object is to get the barrel over the finish line. The obstacles can not be avoided, they must be gone through or over. Not all team members have to cross the finish line, just the barrel. Be mindful that all actions have potential cosequences.

One hour left before the challenge.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:45 PM   #33
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Sorry guys. Just got home from work.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:49 PM   #34
Autumn
Head Coach

Okay guys, so if we set up one set of steps on one side of the fence, and one on the other, soneone can pass the barrel through the gap to someone else, pass it down and run.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:52 PM   #35
Raiders Army
Coordinator

My vote after a cursory inspection would be to use the raft and rope to get across the water (put the barrel on the raft and pull it with the rope. The raft will help provide some buoyancy and if we pull it quickly enough, we can get the barrel across the water easily.

Use the cubes to make steps and then the poles on top of the cubes so we can roll the barrel easily up over the fence. The cubes will provide support for the poles so they can support the barrel's weight. Use the rope again to pull the barrel up the poles/cubes.

Who is the strongest? We should have two pulling the barrel across the water and the rest pulling and pushing the barrel over the fence. I'll volunteer to pull the barrel across the water.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:52 PM   #36
Autumn
Head Coach

Guys I'm going to send in orders
Old 10-06-2010, 07:30 PM   #37
Autumn
Head Coach

Sorry guys, I guess I did not notice that we'd have to be fighting over the supplies with the other team. I needed to put in more contingency orders I guess. It was hard to think it through with two kids hollering in my ear and now I've still got one who won't go to bed. I guess next time we'll understand the challenges better.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:32 PM   #38
Autumn
Head Coach

I also didn't realize we could use the CPU guys in the challenge. Oh well. Please vote someone a bit more clever than me for captain tomorrow.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:06 PM   #39
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I think we should stick with Autumn as the captain. Live and learn, I think we will be fine.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:11 PM   #40
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Tonight's fights:

Tomas "Ironman" Festas Vs. Chris "Loudmouth" Wheeler

Jason "Angel of Death" Schmidt vs. "Wick" Ed Johnson
Old 10-06-2010, 08:56 PM   #41
Autumn
Head Coach

Which one of you is Wick?
Old 10-06-2010, 09:07 PM   #42
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

It's RA. I really wanted Schmidty.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:31 PM   #43
Autumn
Head Coach

You wiped the floor with him, literally RA. Nice work.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:35 PM   #44
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

The challenge for day two will be one of various showdowns.

There will be three competitions.

The first will be a sumo bout. Each team must select one member to participate. The winner of the bout gains one point for their team.

The second will be a simple challenge. Each team is given three items. A rock, a piece of paper and a pair of scissors. They are asked one simple task, to place them in order from 1st to 3rd. The teams will be judged based upon their decisions and scored likewise.

The third will be a competition of stamina. Each team must select two team members. One will stand upright while the other team member will climb onto the first team member so that their feet are not touching the ground. They must climb around that team member without touching the ground. The team that lasts the longest will win. Each team must select at least one player that has yet to fight to participate in this competition (non-CPU). The participants will declare how much energy (on a 1-100 scale with 100 being the most) they want to spend on this challenge. This will affect stamina if they have to fight tomorrow night. The teams may define a strategy but it is up to the fighter to determine how much energy to use. The results will be based upon the fighters abilities and energy spent.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:40 PM   #46
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I think I would be a good fit for the first task. I would not be a good fit for the third task. The second one I do believe is going to be three simple games of rock, paper, scissors. Whoever wins two of three between us and the other group will take the task IMO.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:00 PM   #47
Autumn
Head Coach

What skills do we think play into task 1 and 3? Strength obviously for sumo, as well as weight. Agility perhaps?

Stamina obviously for the person in task 3 who holds up the other. Strenght as well. We would want our lightest fighter for the second person.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:59 PM   #48
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Woohoo! RA! Way to show em who's the boss. I'd say i'm a good candidate for the 3rd task, don't know about the rest of you though. Who has the best strength, stamina, conditioning, etc.?

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 10-07-2010, 06:46 AM   #49
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Thanks fellas.

Really, if we can win two out of three we should be good. The second task is a crapshoot, so I'd suggest that we focus on the 1st and 3rd tasks. Do we know our CPUs' stamina ratings (or strength for that matter). I'll participate in whatever you want me to do.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:00 AM   #50
Autumn
Head Coach

All right, I think we can be a bit freer with our words today. I know yesterday I had a chance to overhear things from the other team, as captain. But today the options are different. I'll assume that's the same for them.

For Sumo what skills would be involved? Strength, Clinch and Takedown maybe? Those make the most sense to me. I think most of us are very high strength, I know I am and Dubb, CF and RA are. My Clinch and Takedown are both at 18, I should be fairly good at this if those are the right skills.

As for the stamina one ... my conditioning is only 13. Did anyone put a lot of points into conditioning? I think that would be the key here, strength and conditioning. Who is the smallest fighter? We would want them climbing onto the other one.

Then we have to decide how much effort to put in. If we put in a lot of effort and lose the other team's going to pick that guy to fight. Alternatively, we could put in little effort, that way if we lose they'll target the guy we want them to.