Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-21-2011, 06:28 PM   #1
BYU 14
Coordinator

Revival on Peachstreet - TEW2010 1987 Mod

July 14th 1984, a day that will live in infamy................

The day that Vince McMahon broke Georgia's Heart..............

The rings of Peach State stood empty...........................

Mr. Wrestling II, Ole Anderson, Tommy Rich, The Freebirds, Harley Race, Ted DeBiase, Kevin Sullivan and many more, nothing but echoes of a soon to be forgotten past............

But was the legacy really dead?

From the ashes could the south rise again?

Now, almost three years later the return....................

March 1987, Macon, Georgia......................

The legacy begins anew..............

Last edited by BYU 14 : 05-21-2011 at 06:34 PM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 06:51 PM   #2
BYU 14
Coordinator

The logo of Georgia Championship wrestling appears and the camera pans to Gordon Solie standing in front of an empty ring.

Solie: “Ladies and gentlemen, it has been a long time indeed. Far too long since that fateful day known as black Sunday when Georgia Championship Wrestling died, as the pen of one Vincent McMahon but carved a pronounced void in southern wrestling.

But next month the cheers return, the smell of sweat and the unmistakable tension will once again fill the rings of Georgia as Georgia Championship Wrestling makes its return in Macon, Georgia.

Thanks to the efforts of many too numerous to mention here, you will be treated to some of wrestling exciting new talent. Men like Curt Hennig, Shawn Michaels, Marty Janetty and Rick Rude will soon be taking the Peach State by storm. In addition you will see many familiar faces such as Tommy ‘Wildfire’ Rich, Arn Anderson, Bob Roop and in what promises to be a battle for the ages Mr. Wrestling II will meet Ole Anderson in the main even in Macon to crown the first National Heavyweight Champion in nearly three years.

It’s going to be a Barn burner and we hope to see you there!”

The Camera pans back to the GCW logo as the commercial ends and the screen fades to black.

Note - This diary will feature the rebirth of my favorite territory from the 80's, Georgia Championship Wrestling using Genaldi's 1987 'Golden age of wrestling' mod for TEW 2010.

The goal will be to return GCW to prominence as we start with no TV show, fair popularity in the Southeast and Mid-South, though many of our old fans are skeptical. We also have very good popularity in the Southwest (my mistake editing) so we will look to capitalize in the wrestling hot bed of Texas and the wrestling starved states of Arizona, Nevada, etc.

As we start GCW is being governed by a board, but rumors are an owner will soon emerge, who has yet to be seen. I have been hired by the board, so hopefully the owner will be somebody who shares my vision.

No pictures or fancy backstories here, just old fashioned territory based wrestling focusing on the shows, with some commentary and a quarterly "status report".

Hopefully I can stop VKM from taking over the wrestling world!
Old 05-21-2011, 07:02 PM   #3
BYU 14
Coordinator

Current Roster

Main Event
Faces: Mr. Wrestling II – 52, Tommy Rich – 30, Curt Hennig – 28

Heels: Bobby Eaton – 28, Arn Anderson – 28, Abdullah the Butcher – 51

Upper Mid-Card
Faces: Sam Houston – 23, Marty Janetty – 25, Shawn Michaels – 21

Heels: Bob Roop – 44, Rick Rude – 28, Stan Lane – 33

Mid-Card
Faces: Terry Daniels – 28, Angelo Mosca Jr. – 26, Kenny Jay – 49

Heels: Rip Morgan – 29, Tony Anthony – 26, Shane Douglas – 22, Yokozuna – 20

Lower Mid-Card
Faces: Doug Gilbert – 18

Heels: Art Barr – 20, Pat Rose – 26, Vampiro – 19

Openers
Faces: Dave Finlay – 28

Heels: Axl Rotten – 25

Enhancement
Faces: Todd Champion – 27

Other
Faces: Gordon Solie – 58 (Announcer)

Heels: Bruce Prichard – 26 (Manager), Ole Anderson – 44 (Manager/Wrestler) George Cannon – 54 (Color Commentary), Anthony Crooks – 23 (Authority Figure), Brian Hildebrand – 25 (Referee), Killer Kowalski – 58 (Road Agent)
Old 05-21-2011, 09:45 PM   #4
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Looking forward to this.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 11:48 AM   #5
BYU 14
Coordinator

As we head into our first show a majority owner has emerged from the board and surprisingly it is 36 year Victor Quinones. He currently is also a minor stock holder in Victor Jovica's World Wrestling Council (WWC) which is booked by Carlos Colon. Quinones is not well known in the states and it is suspected he is merely a puppet for Jovica, who is rumored to have put up most of the money for Quinones, but it seems he will be easy to work for. At our first meeting he gives me my goals as booker
  • Critical: GCW can not fall below regional in size for 24 months
  • Critical: GCW can not fall into debt at any point for 24 months
  • Average: I can not hire or extend any worker with less than a 35 in psychology for 32 months
  • Average: I can not hire or extend any worker with less than a 35 in resilience for 22 months
  • Average: I can not hire any worker classifed as a spot monkey for 20 months
All goals fall in line with what I am looking to build and should be easy to meet.

Next I go about setting up pro,otional pacts, which will be critical to my survival. I plan to raid the AWA so I don't even approach them, but I do secure working agreements with the following.
  • All Japan
  • Central States Wrestling
  • Jim Crockett Promotions (A huge deal)
  • Universal Wrestling Federation
  • World Wrestling Council (a given)
No surprisingly WWF turns me down as they will be the main predator when it comes to poaching our talent and we definitely have some names they are sure to go after including Curt Hennig, The Midnight Rockers, Rick Rude and possibly Arn Anderson.

I make an immediate deal for JCP to bring Kevin Sullivan in for an appearance at some point and they get Curt Hennig in return. I only mention this because they immediately but their vacant world tag straps on Hennig and Ronnie Garvin, who go over the Rock and Roll Express and then are forced to vacate the titles immedaitely since Hennig is only a one shot deal. Strange booking, but they must have a plan.

I also get turned down by Fritz Von Erich and WCCW for a working agreement, which is surprsing as I don't see them in a position to fight the WWF alone and by doing this I will now pursue their talent as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Looking forward to this.

Thanks Danny, really enjoying the mod it is really well done.
Old 05-22-2011, 03:31 PM   #6
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Genadi just put the 1.1 database out with some fixes. If you stick with 1.0 there are some things that occur in the future you will have to manually fix.
Old 05-22-2011, 03:41 PM   #7
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Hope you guys bring Badstreet to Peachstreet
Old 05-22-2011, 04:28 PM   #8
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Genadi just put the 1.1 database out with some fixes. If you stick with 1.0 there are some things that occur in the future you will have to manually fix.

Ugh, does it require a restart?
Old 05-22-2011, 04:50 PM   #9
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Ugh, does it require a restart?

Yeah, unfortunately. There is an issue where in 1992 when the new era starts WWE plunges in prestige and cannot get a new TV Show so it just runs PPVs and occasionally drops to Cult.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:16 PM   #10
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Yeah, unfortunately. There is an issue where in 1992 when the new era starts WWE plunges in prestige and cannot get a new TV Show so it just runs PPVs and occasionally drops to Cult.

No biggie, I only had one card written up so I will just edit the contracts manually to match what I have in this game.....thanks for catching that, better now than 5-6 shows in.....
Old 05-22-2011, 05:20 PM   #11
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
No biggie, I only had one card written up so I will just edit the contracts manually to match what I have in this game.....thanks for catching that, better now than 5-6 shows in.....

No problem man.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:22 PM   #12
BYU 14
Coordinator

Heading into the big return card GCW announces 3 new signings
Sgt Slaughter
Sting
Iceman King Parsons
All join the fold as Faces

We also release our event schedule for the year
Jan - Parade of Champions (This will be our Marquee event)
Feb - Winter Wasteland
Mar - Ides of March
Apr - Spring Stampede
May - Mayhem
June - Beach Brawl
July - Red, White and Bruised
Aug - Summer Showdown
Sept - Last Battle of Atlanta
Oct - Apocolypse
Nov - King of the South Classic (Annual title to the winner of a Battle Royale)
Dec - Holiday Havoc

Note - Restarted with the updated database and I had more roster spots to fill for some reason

Ran a test game several years and things appear stable, so full speed ahead from here.

And yes Fozzie, hopefully there will be a return to Badstreet down the road. I must have gone to the Bell Auditorium in Augusta over a half dozen times hoping to see The Freebirds get unseated, and it wouldn't be GCW without them.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 05-23-2011 at 10:29 PM.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:16 PM   #13
BYU 14
Coordinator

GCW: Ides of March
Macon, Georgia - March Week 3 1987

Pre-Show

A preshow meet and greet goes horribly wrong as Ole and Arn Anderson, Abdullah the Butcher, Rick Rude, Tommy Rich, Art Barr and Doug Gilbert among others are involved in a brawl
Rating: E+

Main Card

Gordon Solie opens the show to a hearty round of applause and hypes the main event between Mr. Wrestling II and Ole Anderson for the National Heavyweight Title. “You know they will be going at it Hammer and Tongs folks!”
Rating: C-

Curt Hennig vs Rick Rude
In a match that had some good action and average heat, Curt Hennig defeated Rick Rude in 10:19 when Rick Rude was disqualified when Bruce Prichard ran in and attacked Curt Hennig. Hennig gave Rude all he wanted and was on the verge of a pin when Prichard cracked him over the head with a large paddle sporting garish lettering that reads “Playboy Club:

Bruce Prichard and Rick Rude are joined by Bobby Eaton and Stan Lane at the announcers table, where Prichard is two steps north of giddy. “Read it and weep” Prichard squeals as he shows his paddle to the crowd. “Playboy Club, it’s not just a name, it’s an adventure! Look at this people.” Prichard points to his charges. “So much ability, so much charisma and so much sex appeal and that’s why the men of Georgia can thank me now. You see, tonight when your ladies have you up late, don’t look in the mirror look here, because these three men are the reason. Yes the ladies love us, and us, well, we lovvvvvvvvvvve you!”
Rating: D-

Abdullah the Butcher vs Terry Daniels
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Abdullah the Butcher defeated Terry Daniels in 6:46 by pinfall with a Sudan Elbow Drop. Abby abused the youngster, opening him up with a fork and then biting the wound, before stomping a mud hole into Daniels.
Rating: D+

Abdullah is not satisfied with just the victory however and begins to lay the boots to Daniels and tear at the already gaping wound on his forehead, bringing screams of horror from the crowd.

Suddenly the Battle Hymn of the Republic blares over the PA system and Sergeant Slaughter hits the ring waving an American Flag. Abdullah turns his attention to Georgia’s new favorite hero and is met with a solid shot from the flag pole that propels him from the ring and scrambling for cover.
Rating: D

Iceman King Parsons vs Tony Anthony
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Tony Anthony defeated Iceman King Parsons in 10:56 by pinfall by using underhanded tactics. Parsons had his way with Anthony for much of the match, but ‘The Dirty White Boy’ turned the tides with an eye gouge, then rolled Parsons up and pinned him with a handful of tights.

Ole Anderson makes his way to the ring and grabs a microphone, the crowd is breathless in anticipation. “You know, it’s been a long time since I have been in this godforsaken state and I am just glad to see some things never change. You backwoods inbred hillbillies still have more fingers than teeth and a collective IQ even lower!” An inebriated young man with a Mullet unleashes some choice comments about Ole’s mother and Anderson responds. “You know son, I would ask you if you kissed your mother with that mouth, but the question isn’t really if, but where you kiss her and quite frankly, I don’t want to know.” The crowd is incensed as Ole then turns to his opponent tonight.

“Wrestling II, there is no doubt you are an accomplished Wrestler and when you come to the ring tonight these rednecks are going to cheer like marrying your relatives has just been legalized. But none of that is going to matter because there is one thing you aren’t and that is an Anderson! It’s not enough to beat you Wrestling II, I am going to maim you, humiliate you and then make you kiss my boots as the referee hands me the National Heavyweight Title, because that is what an Anderson does and it’s called being a winner!”
Rating: C+

The Midnight Express vs Angelo Mosca Jr. & Kenny Jay
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, The Midnight Express defeated Angelo Mosca Jr. and Kenny Jay in 8:27 when Bobby Eaton defeated Angelo Mosca Jr. by pinfall with a Rocket Launcher. Some brief flashes by Mosca, but whenever things even looked to go remotely bad Prichard interjected himself and the Express was soon dominating again.

After their match the Midnight Express lingers in the ring as Prichard again feels the need to be heard. “One thing I lovvvvvvvvvvve about Georgia is the competition here. Not for us, but for those not good enough to be part of the Playboy Club. Now I heard one man talking in the back about how he feels he belongs in our company and thinks he is going to find a partner and win the National Tag Team belts. Wellllllllllll, not only do I not see a partner, but I definitely don’t see those belts on your waist Marty Janetty, in fact I don’t even lovvvvve you! So if you think you can find someone to take on the Midnight Express, well, good luck with that.”

Marty Janetty comes out to a decent pop. “You know, I might not have your gift of gab, but I promise you I’ve got a heckuva partner and he may not be here now, but you can bet he is only a phone call away. So if you want to do this, you’re on and why not make it a match for National Tag Team Titles? I promise you, sign your name and you won’t be loving anything about the way that match turns out!”

As Janetty leaves Prichard and The Midnight Express mock him and feign fear as the crowd hurls insults and cups at them.

Tommy Rich vs Arn Anderson
In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Arn Anderson defeated Tommy Rich in 13:45 by pinfall following interference from Bob Roop. An exciting back and forth battle that saw Roop appear after Rich hit a Thesz press and scored a near fall. Roop pulled Rich to the floor and slammed him into the ring post before sliding him back into the ring where Anderson scored the pin after a Gourd Buster.
Rating: C

As Tommy Rich lays prone in the ring Anderson and Roop continue the onslaught, leaving Rich dazed and bleeding before they head to the back.

Mr. Wrestling II vs Ole Anderson – National Heavyweight Title
In a match that had some good action and average heat, Mr. Wrestling II defeated Ole Anderson in 15:42 by pinfall following interference from Tommy Rich. During the match we also had Bob Roop run in and attack Mr. Wrestling II. Mr. Wrestling II wins the National Heavyweight Title. Roop again tried to be the difference maker attacking Wrestling II on the floor as Anderson distracted Brian Hildebrand. Tommy Rich, head wrapped in a blood soaked bandage ran out and alerted Hildebrand and as the referee ordered Roop to the back, Rich nailed Anderson with a drop kick from the top rope, allowing Wrestling II to capitalize and score the pin after landing the Million Dollar Knee.

After the match Sam Houston joins Tommy Rich and Wrestling II in the ring and they celebrate to close out the show as Ole and Roop leave the arena incensed.

Overall Rating: C- Attendance: 6,833 Gate: $102,495

Good from a financial standpoint, but the feeling was the show was not consistently hot and may hurt our popularity. Amazingly I relented on one of my backstage rules to allow smoking and it raised morale to 68.7%, which is still horrible as I have some bad personalities on the roster.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:53 PM   #14
BYU 14
Coordinator

Only one show in the books and already trouble at the top as it is revealed that Victor Quinones was indeed being financed by WWC owner Victor Jovica and the board demands he turns over his majority stake in the company. After much haggling a deal is struck and Wrestler Danny Davis, a very minor share holder to begin with ends up as the majority shareholder thanks to the financial backing of one of Ted Turner’s many subsidiaries. This does not thrill folks, but at least it is above board and is accepted. With a new “owner” though comes new goals and you can tell Turner is pulling the purse strings by the goals Davis gives me.
  • Critical 32 months GCW cannot fall into debt at any point
  • Critical 24 months GCW must not be below $325,000 in cash on hand when time expires (This scares me)
  • Average 16 months GCW can hire no wrestler below a D- in athletic ability
  • Average 22 months GCW can hire no wrestler below a D- in resiliency
  • Average 14 months GCW cannot hire any cruiserweights (surprising since Davis is one himself size wise)
As we hit April regional numbers are out and our best showings were #1 in the Southeast (of 3 promotions and number 2 in the Mid-South (of 3 promotions). Everywhere else we qualified was 4th or worse.

We end the month of March with $576,853 in the bank, a profit of over 76K with no TV deal, excellent news here, though outside of the Southeast we would lose money on any shows, which makes getting a TV deal next month important!

Scott Hall has finished a tour with New Japan and I request negotiations with him, while Curt Hennig receives an offer for New Japan’s next tour, which would create some problems for us, but I have a backup plan.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:03 PM   #15
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Good show. I had to relent on the smoking rule too. Damn bastards.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:58 AM   #16
BYU 14
Coordinator

GCW: Spring Stampede
Sarasota, Florida - April Week 3 1987

Pre-Show

The Andersons vs Art Barr & Kenny Jay
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, The Andersons defeated Art Barr and Kenny Jay in 7:50 when Arn Anderson defeated Kenny Jay by pinfall with a DDT. We give the first 500 attendees a bonus with a pre-show squash as the Andersons dismantle Jay and Barr, leaving both with mangled limbs.

Main Card
Tommy Rich comes to the ring and grabs a microphone. “Bob Roop I’ll tell y’all something, last month you got this southern boys blood boiling, running around her like a Fox in Henhouse, bushwhacking people left and right. I’m a tellin ya right now, if ya ain’t yellow get yer tail down here to the ring and face me like a man!”

Bob Roop comes out with a sneer on his face. Son, if you wrestle the way you talk, I’ll be more than happy to kick your butt starting right now!” Roop runs to the ring and we have a match

Tommy Rich vs Bob Roop
In a match that had some good action and average heat, Tommy Rich defeated Bob Roop in 9:54 by pinfall following botched interference by Shane Douglas. The youngest member of the wrecking crew tried to help his stable mate, but the veteran Rich ducked and Roop took a blackjack to the mouth allowing Rich to score the pin.

Roop wakes up and is not happy with Douglas, deriding him all the way to the back as the future ‘Franchise’ tries to explain himself.

Sting vs Pat Rose
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Sting defeated Pat Rose in 8:59 by submission with a Scorpion Deathlock. Sting makes his GCW debut and shows well against the treacherous Pat Rose, gaining the win when he reversed a toe hold into his finisher in dramatic fashion.

Terry Daniels comes out and talks awkwardly about his beat down by Abdullah the Butcher last month, ending with a heartfelt. “I really want to thank my good friend Sergeant Slaughter for helping me out last month, but I need to redeem myself, I can do better and would appreciate a match tonight to prove it.”
Rating: F+

Gordon Solie consoles the young wrestler, then announces he has just been informed that Daniels has been given a match with Rip Morgan who is already in the ring, expecting to wrestle Todd Champion.
Rating: E

Terry Daniels vs Rip Morgan
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Terry Daniels defeated Rip Morgan in 10:09 by pinfall. Daniels has a tough go early, but rallies as the crowd gets behind him and scores the win with a sunset flip.

Ole and Arn Anderson are seen lurking in the back and ambush Mr. Wrestling II as he rounds the corner, dropping the masked man and attacking his leg with a chair. Arn screams at Wrestling II that he should never have crossed paths with The Wrecking Crew, Sam Houston runs in swinging in an attempt to save II. Ole and Double A quickly overwhelm Houston and leave him lying after a body slam on the hard concrete floor.

Ole and Arn then make their way to the announcer’s area and interrupt Gordon Solie.
Ole: “Two things that people around here better take note of. One, it’s OK for you hillbillies to bath more than once a month and two. You think the Anderson’s or the rest of The Wrecking Crew are going to have sympathy on anyone that gets in our way, then think again!”

Arn: “Wrestling II, you are wearing a strap you don’t deserve and won’t be keeping much longer. Y0u talk about the legends of Georgia Wrestling? Well maybe at one time you were one, but now you are old, irrelevant and in danger that just gets worse the longer you avoid us! And Sam Houston, boy, you stuck your skinny little neck in a place that will get it broken. You want to run out and stand up for your hero, then be prepared to pay the ultimate price son. In fact your actions today have insured that your suffering will be legendary, even by the Anderson’s standards!”

Doug Gilbert vs Rick Rude
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, Rick Rude defeated Doug Gilbert in 7:30 by pinfall with a Rude Awakening. Rude’s strip tease takes almost as long as the match as he pulls Gilbert up twice from pins before salting the match away with his signature DDT.

Marty Jannetty come to the ring and pauses before addressing the crowd. “You know, it’s really great to be here in Georgia, but for with the Midnight Express running around and talking stuff a piece of the puzzle was missing since I need someone I can count on to take them on. Well I’d like to introduce my partner and best friend, Shawn Michaels!” Michaels comes to the ring to a less than overwhelming response, the Midnight Rockers have some folks to win over as the crowd is not sure what to make of the flashy newcomers.

Bruce Prichard approaches me backstage as the fans see the ensuing argument on the video screen. He is unhappy about Michael’s presence and I simply remind him that he agreed to any partner and walk away. His voice echoes in my ear as he reaffirms several times how much he doesn’t lovvvvvvve me.

Gordon Solie: “Well there you have it ladies and gentlemen, it looks like Janetty and Michaels are set to face the Midnight Express and the word I am getting is that the National Tag Team belts will be up for grabs. This one is sure to be a dandy, as two of the brightest young teams in the sport are on track for what promises to be a pier six extravaganza.”

Curt Hennig vs Tony Anthony
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Curt Hennig defeated Tony Anthony in 12:02 when Tony Anthony was disqualified when Rick Rude ran in and attacked Curt Hennig. Hennig has problems early as Anthony earns his nickname of ‘Dirty White Boy’ but the master technician from Minnesota soon gains the upper hand and plants Anthony with a Fisherman’s suplex, but before Hildebrand can complete the count Rick Rude hits the ring and breaks it up, before spiking Hennig with a Rude Awakening , prompting the disqualification.

Curt Hennig staggers to his feet and Rude and Anthony drop him with a double clothesline and go to work. Iceman King Parsons runs in from the back and clears the ring with a steel chair, which brings an extremely animated response from Anthony, who promises to knock the braids off of Parson’s head as he retreats to the back.
Rating: E

Sergeant Slaughter vs Abdullah the Butcher
In a match that had some good action and average heat, Abdullah the Butcher drew with Sgt. Slaughter in 11:59 following a double count out. This was a bloodbath from the word jump as both men got color and brawled in the ring, around the ring and into the stands using anything they could get their hands on as weapons. Hildebrand eventually counted both wrestlers out as the brawl continued into the loading dock where security and Police eventually broke it up.

Mr. Wrestling II comes to the ring as the show ends and addresses the Anderson rant from earlier. “Arn Anderson you think a name and a legacy you didn’t even create entitles you to talk to me like you did tonight? This new Wrecking Crew you boast about has only one member the original, ‘Minnesota Wrecking Crew’ and even though that name may have inspired fear in some, I was never one of them. You want a shot at me, you don’t even have to ask after what you did tonight! I’ll give it to you next month at Mayhem and it’ll even come with this on the line.” Wrestling II hoists the belt as the crowd ends the show with chants of Two, Two, Two, Two!

Overall Rating: D+ Attendance: 4,000 (Sell out) Gate: $60,000

Not an attractive show from a matchup stand point, but without TV I have to use our monthly shows to set up the storylines. Hopefully this ends in May as we will look to negotiate a deal as having a less than stellar card hurt our ratings and we probably slipped yet again in popularity.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 05-31-2011 at 01:03 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:37 PM   #17
BYU 14
Coordinator

Some quick notes as we head into May

Finances
We had another strong showing in April making a profit of $54,173, which gives us $631,026 in the bank, which we will need beginning in June (as you will see below)

Merchandise sales were strong at $14,160, which by itself covered half of our $28,720 in worker costs.

Incidents
Chris Adams, who has yet to debut went after a fan after the April show and I let him off with a stern warning, he looks to be trouble.

Sting provided the real shocker, testing positive for hard drugs and I gave him a final warning. One more screw up and he is gone. He promised to change his ways.

Media
The big news and reason that we will need that extra money we are generating is that GCW is back on the air!! We sign a 24 episode deal with WMC TV 5, which broadcasts to our home area of the Southeast. We get 10% of the revenue, but have to pay 100% of production costs and we get a 1 hour Sunday afternoon time slot. Not a great deal outside of the time slot, but it gets us on the air and I can now use the TV show to set up angles, which will allow the monthly shows to focus on big time matches. The show will be called Superstars of GCW.

Behind the Curtain
Our Popularity sits at a C- in the Southeast, a D- in the Mid-South, but no better than an E- anywhere else.

Regional battles
Great Lakes - 8th of 8
Mid Atlantic - 6th of 6
Mid South - 3rd of 3
Southwest - 5th of 6
Puerto Rico - 5th of 5
basically pretty much last everywhere

Current Storylines
The Anderson Scourge: C-
(Ole Anderson, Arn Anderson, Bob Roop, Shane Douglas, Wrestling II, Tommy Rich, Sam Houston, Sting)

A Rude Welcome: D
(Rick Rude, Bruce Prichard, Curt Hennig)

The Playboy Chronicles: D-
(Bruce Prichard, Bobby Eaton, Stan Lane, Shawn Michaels, Marty Jannetty, Doug Gilbert and myself)

For Honor and Glory: E+
(Sgt Slaughter, Terry Daniels, Abdullah the Butcher, Yokozuna, Rip Morgan)

Dirty Tricks: E+
(Tony Anthony, Iceman King Parsons)

Last edited by BYU 14 : 05-31-2011 at 07:37 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:16 PM   #18
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Good stuff. Keep it up.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:33 AM   #19
BYU 14
Coordinator

GCW: Mayhem

Savannah, Georgia - May Week 2 1987

Pre-Show

Sgt Slaughter vs Vampiro
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Sgt. Slaughter defeated Vampiro in 9:03 by submission with a Cobra Clutch. Slaughter manhandled the 19 year old Vampiro, who got all kind of strange reactions from the Georgia fans before putting him to sleep with his finisher.

Main Card

Mr. Wrestling II is backstage with Gordon Solie: “Gordon, I can tell you as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow, that three things in life are certain. Death, taxes and the fact that when you fight one Anderson you have to fight them all, and when I face Arn Anderson tonight, you can bet your bottom dollar I’ll be ready for whatever they have in store for me.”

Iceman King Parsons vs Tony Anthony
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Tony Anthony defeated Iceman King Parsons in 6:32 by pinfall after using a foreign object. Parsons controlled the action early with superior speed and looked on his way to the win, until Anthony conveniently found a pair of brass knuckles in his boot.

The backstage area is shown on a video screen and the fans see Bruce Prichard and The Midnight Express engaged in a whispered conversation. Prichard is quite animated, high fiving Lane and Eaton, before they walk away laughing .

Todd Champion vs Shane Douglas
Shane Douglas defeated Todd Champion in 4:42 by pinfall with a Piledriver. A squash match for the pup of The Wrecking Crew and he even manages to win without any help from his stable mates putting Champion away with the Pittsburgh Plunge.

Anthony Crooks addresses the audience with news that Shawn Michaels is late to arrive to the arena and is jeopardizing the Midnight Rockers match with the Midnight Express for the National Tag Team Titles.

Bruce Prichard appears and interjects himself into the announcement. “I lovvvvvve Shawn Michaels Mr. Crooks and I’ll tell you whyyyyy. Shawn Michaels is a smart man because he knows better than to come to Savannah tonight and be embarrassed by The Midnight Express. So we may as well just bring my guys the belts now, because they deserve them and these people out here lovvvvvvvvvve them!”

Marty Jannetty comes out from the back and gets in Prichard’s face. “Now you wait just a doggone minute. One thing I know about Shawn Michaels is that he is a man of his word and more important a good friend. He knows how important this match is to our careers and Prichard, as sure as that tan you have is fake, Shawn Michaels word is real.”

Anthony Crooks stops Jannetty. “Listen here Marty, I have a company to run here and I don’t run it on words, promises, who wears the tightest spandex or whose tan looks the most ridiculous, or who is the best looking, which is me by the way, I run it on commitment and since your buddy can’t commit, you better have a partner after this next match or your title shot goes bye-bye!”

Curt Hennig vs Chris Adams – Georgia Heavyweight Title
In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, Chris Adams defeated Curt Hennig in 10:36 by pinfall following interference from Rick Rude. Chris Adams wins the Georgia Heavyweight title. A great back and forth tussle that sees Hennig kick out after Adams lands a super kick and Adams barely avoid Hennig’s Fisherman Suplex. Adams begins to wear down, when Rick Rude appears, pulls Hennig to the floor be his feet and gives him a Rude Awakening on the concrete. Bleeding, Hennig somehow beats the count and slides into the ring, but as he stands a second super kick from Adams brings down the curtain.

Curt Hennig is being helped back down the aisle by a team of officials and medics, as Rude grabs a microphone. “I want all you beer guzzling, rib eating, 8th grade educated sweathogs to take a look at perfection” Rude points to himself “And pathetic!” Points to Hennig “You see Curt, if the Georgia Heavyweight strap can’t be around this waist right now, it sure as hell won’t be around yours. Now, hit my music!” Rude gyrates as Adams looks on puzzled, and Hennig tries to return to the ring as officials and security restrain him.

Marty Jannetty comes to the ring and introduces Doug Gilbert as his replacement partner for the match against The Midnight Express. “I don’t know what the heck has gotten into Shawn, but this man here is hungry and we’ll do our best to win those titles!”
Rating: E-

Bruce Prichard is seen in the back, giddy at the thought of his team taking on Jannetty and Gilbert. He actually skips into the locker room to summon his tag team for the match as Janetty finishes speaking.

Jannetty & Gilbert vs The Midnight Express
In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, The Midnight Express defeated Marty Jannetty and Doug Gilbert in 9:56 when Bobby Eaton defeated Doug Gilbert by pinfall with a handful of tights. During the match we also had Bruce Prichard distract Jannetty. The Midnight Express win the National Tag Team titles. Gilbert tried hard but his inexperience, as well as a lack of chemistry with Jannetty favored the Express. Jannetty became so frustrated with Prichard that he lost his cool and went after him, totally missing the illegal pin by Eaton.

As Jannetty finally gets his hands on Prichard he is blindsided by Lane and soon both members of the Midnight Express are giving Jannetty the business. Gilbert tries to intervene, but is promptly sent into a deep slumber courtesy of head meets ringpost.

As Gilbert and Jannetty are helped to the back, a video plays showing some past history between the two men in our next match, Tommy Rich and Ole Anderson.

Tommy Rich vs Ole Anderson
In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Tommy Rich defeated Ole Anderson in 13:32 by pinfall after a distraction from Sam Houston. With Arn backstage preparing for his title match, Ole fought this one alone and had gained the upper hand, working Rich’s left leg over when Sam Houston appeared and began mocking Ole. Anderson turned to scream at Houston, threatening to break him in two, when Rich crawled up behind Ole and rolled him up with a Schoolboy to score the flash pin.

Bob Roop and Shane Douglas attack Tommy Rich and Sam Houston as Ole grabs a chair and goes on a skull cracking spree. Both men are laid out and Ole has some special attention for Houston, driving the chair into his knee several times.

Mr. Wrestling II vs Arn Anderson – National Heavyweight Title
In a bout that featured great action and average heat, Mr. Wrestling II defeated Arn Anderson in 15:45 when Arn Anderson was disqualified when Ole Anderson ran in and attacked Mr. Wrestling II. Mr. Wrestling II makes defense number 1 of his National Heavyweight title. This one is full of vitriol as the veteran takes Arn to school early, but Anderson climbs back into the match using an array of shortcuts as expected. Wrestling II escapes a Gourd Buster by sliding behind Anderson and going for the roll up, which Arn barely kicks out of. With things looking tense Ole appears and continues to vent his frustration over the loss to Tommy Rich, attacking Wrestling II with a chair bringing the DQ.

Shawn Michaels appears from off camera dressed in street clothes with gym bag in hand. He hits the ring explaining he had car troubles and had to change a Tire. He calls out The Midnight Express, but Anthony Crooks comes out from the back and lets Michaels know that he missed his chance.

Overall Rating: C- Attendance: 4,603 Gate: $69,045

Another so-so card, which again costs us some popularity, even though the wrestling press gives us high marks for the effort. I am disappointed that the feud between the Midnights is off to such a lukewarm start. I had big plans for this, but the fans are just not biting right now and I will have to spice things up a bit.

Wrestling II is carrying us right now and even over 50 can still perform, plus he is wildly popular in Georgia. My bet is he will be involved in our first segment that breaks a B rating.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:04 PM   #20
BYU 14
Coordinator

Superstars of GCW TV Show
Atlanta, Georgia – Week 1 June 1987

Dark Match

Art Barr vs Rick Rude
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Rick Rude defeated Art Barr in 8:08 by pinfall with a Rude Awakening. Rude schools the youngster and schools the crowd as well dancing seductively over a prone Barr after delivering his finisher.

Television Show

Tommy Rich vs Pat Rose
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Tommy Rich defeated Pat Rose in 7:20 by pinfall with a Lou Thesz Press. Rose gets in some offense early behind some well placed cheap shots, but when Rich gets going he takes over, sunning Rose with a flying head scissors, then scoring the pin ala Low Thesz.

Mr. Wrestling II is heading out to talk to Gordon Solie about his match tonight against the Andersons with Sting. As he rounds a corner Ole, AA and Shane Douglas ambush him, isolate the leg and drive several chair shots into his ankle leaving him writhing in pain.

Kenny Jay vs Abdullah the Butcher
In an extremely short match, Abdullah the Butcher defeated Kenny Jay in 4:41 by pinfall with a Throat Thrust. A textbook Abdullah squash, as he batter Jay, then intimidates the crowd with maniacal looks afterwards.

A video plays showing last month’s match between The Midnight Express vs. Jannetty and Doug Gilbert as Gordon Solie bring viewers up to speed on Shawn Michael’s tardiness.

As the video ends The Midnight Rockers come to the ring and Michaels grabs a microphone. “It takes a man to step in the ring night after night and do what we do; now that begs a question. What do you call someone who sabotages another person’s Car so they can’t be there for their best friend, a man they have grown up, so to speak, in the wrestling business with? I thought it was coward, but now I know you call someone who would do that The Midnight Express! So instead of being cowards, be men and give us the match you promised.”

Gordon Solie interrupts. “Gentlemen, I think you will be delighted when I tell you that you will indeed be given another shot at The Midnight Express, next week right here on Superstars of GCW.”

Sting & Angelo Mosca Jr. vs The Andersons
In a match that had some good action and average heat, The Andersons defeated Angelo Mosca Jr. and Sting in 7:50 when Arn Anderson defeated Angelo Mosca Jr. by pinfall, illegally using the ropes for leverage. Mosca fills in for an injured Wrestling II and gives a good accounting along with Sting, sending the Andersons to the floor to escape their youthful fury on two separate occasions. The veterans soon take control with underhanded tactics and while Ole taunts Sting, Arn punishes Mosca with a Shoulder Breaker and makes sure he secures the pin with help from the ropes.

Sgt. Slaughter hits the ring and salutes the cheering crowd. “God and Country! There is nothing more sacred in my world than those two things and there is nothing that riles me up more than to watch a maggot like Abdullah the Butcher come to my great country and…” Slaughter stops as the Video screen shows Terry Daniels backstage watching a monitor and smiling as his hero speaks.

Out of nowhere Yokozuna and Rip Morgan attack Terry Daniels pounding him to his knees and then smashing the monitor over his head. Morgan faces the camera and yells. “Slaughter, Abdullah says salute this!!”

Sam Houston vs Bob Roop – Georgia TV Title
In a match that had some good action and average heat, Bob Roop drew with Sam Houston in 9:53 following a double disqualification. During the match we also had Mr. Wrestling II run in and attack Roop and Arn Anderson run in and attack Sam Houston. Houston fought with a renewed fire after taking so much abuse from The Wrecking Crew last month and seemed to be on the verge of victory after a bulldog, when Arn Anderson appeared and yanked Houston from the ring. Wrestling II, still limping, then appeared as the crowd went wild, threw Arn into the ring, gave Roop a stiff body slam and in the blink of an eye we had a donnybrook in the ring as Hildebrand disqualified both men.

Houston and Roop are separated, but Arn Anderson and Mr. Wrestling II continue to do battle with each other all the way to the backstage area pummeling each other as the crowd rains obscenities, soda cups and stale popcorn down on Arn. II is still badly hurt, but he more than holds his own in the melee.

Overall Rating: D Attendance: 2,000 (Sell out) Gate: $20,000

We are not living up to the expectations of our fans, despite general critical acclaim from the wrestling sheets. Michaels continues to struggle getting over, which is baffling to me. Hopefully his ring work will win the fans over. Still it is good to be back on TV as we get our first episode in the vault.