Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-06-2011, 12:42 PM   #1051
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The good new is that I don't have to delay tonight's deadline based on the news that I just got that my network will be down for a few hours tonight

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 12:49 PM   #1052
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Same way they got Danny when I had him healed to rights. Unblockable kills when they only had one skill between them.

I can't believe CF wasn't a wolf.

I can't believe he isn't a cultist. Why was he revealing everyone's powers if he wasn't? Why did he leave his camoflauge on.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 12:54 PM   #1053
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

11:07 #70 - Autumn votes DaddyTorgo (1)
11:22 #71 - Narcizo votes Darth Vilus (1)
11:33 #72 - JAG votes Dwardzala (1)
11:35 #73 - bhlloy votes mckerney (1)
12:34 #77 - Zinto votes DaddyTorgo (2)
12:39 #78 - Lathum votes DaddyTorgo (3)
13:11 #80 - Thomkal votes Narcizo (1)

One of the most epic starts to a game ever. First five villager votes are for wolves. Did you guys think Abe was messing with you and gave us your names?
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:01 PM   #1054
mckerney
Coordinator

Unvote Crimson Fox
Vote The Jackal
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:01 PM   #1055
mckerney
Coordinator

Unvote Crimson Fox
Vote The Jackal
Old 05-06-2011, 01:05 PM   #1056
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:

One of the most epic starts to a game ever. First five villager votes are for wolves. Did you guys think Abe was messing with you and gave us your names?

DT was sure he was fine after the heat moved off him... then boom he was gone. That was definitely not a great day one. We didn't even manage to get any wolf votes on him which hurt us moving forward.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:06 PM   #1057
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

By my rudimentary calculations, there was a 1 in 604 chance of that happening.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:09 PM   #1058
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks for the game Abe, very fun. Interesting change of pace to have independent powers as opposed to roles.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:09 PM   #1059
Thomkal
Head Coach

Sorry you had problems with the game Abe and that it had to end that way-the meta-gaming didn't help matters any either. More on that in a sec.
I liked the ruleset/three powers each-made us "villagers" feel like we weren't just boring villagers and we really could affect the game.

Fun Fact: (I think, Abe can confirm). I was feeling really good that I was going to survive my lynching. why? Because I had mind over matter so could move a vote to save myself, so when I saw no one was going with me on JAG (thankfully because I was wrong), I had two choices on who to move on to-I chose Mr.Bug. It quickly turned into a two person contest for the lynch-I put my order in for the mind over matter power knowing I had mindshield if we ended up tied... so imagine my surprise when I got lynched anyway. Little did I know that Mr Bug had Mind over Matter too...argh!

Fun comment looking back: When I was on the block-I admitted that their likely was a wolf voting for Mckerney the day before, it would be a good place to hide...how about two wolves? :::facepalm:::
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:16 PM   #1060
The Jackal
Coordinator

You couldn't have let me decapitate hoops before you ended the game, could you?!?
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:17 PM   #1061
The Jackal
Coordinator

Seriously, that sucks though. I had been working off the assumption that mindshield bounced back mau's scan, though I figured it would've returned a "you're not sure" over a false reading. I didn't play a great game with my voting and wasn't surprised that people were looking my way even with the clear.

Narc was working off the idea that mau and CF were cultists, see, you were just being paranoid.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:17 PM   #1062
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
DT was sure he was fine after the heat moved off him... then boom he was gone. That was definitely not a great day one. We didn't even manage to get any wolf votes on him which hurt us moving forward.

I would have moved mine to him had Bug not voted for DV just before my time limit. But yeah - I couldn't believe the first hours of this game, all the time I'm a villager we have villager-villager and then suddenly DT has three votes and dward and I both have one.

The game makes me appreciate that a) I'm a pretty rubbish wolf and b) wolves do want to avoid extra kills - even if they're of villagers. We were healing CF last night even if he hadn't have had camoflauge.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:18 PM   #1063
The Jackal
Coordinator

I liked the ruleset, it allowed for a lot of things to happen in terms of how the skills were setup. Now that we know some of the mechanics I'd like to see something similar to this run with tweaks so we don't know exactly what things do, which is I'm sure what you'd do.

But I think I can speak for a lot of people when I say, RUN DUNGEON!
Old 05-06-2011, 01:18 PM   #1064
The Jackal
Coordinator

Village played a great game, though. I wouldn't have been surprised if they'd won in the end.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:19 PM   #1065
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

One fun thing I'm having getting ready for The D2 is coming up with cool ideas for curses, heh heh

Old 05-06-2011, 01:20 PM   #1066
Thomkal
Head Coach

As for the meta-gaming there with Chief Rum admitting he had got a villagers PM. Shame on you guys for taking advantage of info like that-trying to clear yourselves with meta-information. I saw it too of course, but I too had PM'ed abe asking if PM's had been sent out yet since I never got a role PM from him.

I almost suggested to him then to send out PM's to the remaining villagers immediately because I thought it was going to come up in the game at some point which it did.

Hey Abe, did the wolves get a PM from you before you posting that bit about some of us asking about a role PM?
Old 05-06-2011, 01:21 PM   #1067
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm totally gonna run a Cube game someday where everyone is stuck in one room at a time and the lynch victim gets brutally murdered by the room. Definitely some kind of event-specific rooms and things that can't happen in certain rooms, etc, and a separate PM-based vote about which room people want to move to next.

That movie is messed up.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:21 PM   #1068
The Jackal
Coordinator

And by someday I mean.. next?
Old 05-06-2011, 01:23 PM   #1069
The Jackal
Coordinator

At least next game I can't be a wolf again since I'm running it. I don't like being a wolf two games in a row, it's stressful. :P
Old 05-06-2011, 01:25 PM   #1070
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

So wait, there were six wolves? Wow.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:26 PM   #1071
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
So wait, there were six wolves? Wow.

Yeah, but, there were a lot of ways to block kills. Mindshield repelled mindblast, weaponskill and healing both repelled weaponskill. The only reason we were able to get unblockable ones in (starting with JAG) was because our team had been cleared out of mindblast, as Abe mentioned.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:33 PM   #1072
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Fun comment looking back: When I was on the block-I admitted that their likely was a wolf voting for Mckerney the day before, it would be a good place to hide...how about two wolves? :::facepalm:::

I'm usually pretty sure everyone who votes for me is a wolf, so 2 out of 3 isn't bad.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:42 PM   #1073
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Yeah, but, there were a lot of ways to block kills. Mindshield repelled mindblast, weaponskill and healing both repelled weaponskill. The only reason we were able to get unblockable ones in (starting with JAG) was because our team had been cleared out of mindblast, as Abe mentioned.

There were also a lot of scans - what 5? 5 scans that can immediately be revealed is pretty strong.

Danny was scaring me with how accurate he was being. Apart from Thomkal on day two he had three wolves pretty much lined up. I actually asked the wolves to lay off night killinghi on day one because I thought it was rough on him how he always seemed to be targeted. By day two I was saying "Kill Him! Kill Him!" Of course he had mind shield so the kill didn't take on night two.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:54 PM   #1074
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Danny was scaring me with how accurate he was being. Apart from Thomkal on day two he had three wolves pretty much lined up. I actually asked the wolves to lay off night killinghi on day one because I thought it was rough on him how he always seemed to be targeted. By day two I was saying "Kill Him! Kill Him!" Of course he had mind shield so the kill didn't take on night two.

It actually worked out better for you, since had you failed to Mindblast him N1 and came back to target him with Weaponskill N2, that kill attempt would've been blocked as well by mckerney's healing.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:15 PM   #1075
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
I'm usually pretty sure everyone who votes for me is a wolf, so 2 out of 3 isn't bad.

Me too.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:17 PM   #1076
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
There were also a lot of scans - what 5? 5 scans that can immediately be revealed is pretty strong.

I was healing him that Night for the same reason.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:19 PM   #1077
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Only 5 people took AK, and one was a wolf. Just four possible scans against the Agents.

Old 05-06-2011, 02:20 PM   #1078
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
It actually worked out better for you, since had you failed to Mindblast him N1 and came back to target him with Weaponskill N2, that kill attempt would've been blocked as well by mckerney's healing.

I didn't protect anyone night one for fear that I would end up healing a wolf with tracking. On day two Danny seemed like the obvious target and I assumed I'd protected him when there was no kill. Did not think of mindblast and wish the wolves had tried weaponskills first.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:38 PM   #1079
Zinto
College Starter

I guess we all wanted to save Danny since I used healing on him night 2 also.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:38 PM   #1080
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
I guess we all wanted to save Danny since I used healing on him night 2 also.

Three people healed him on one night, I laughed loud.

Old 05-06-2011, 04:02 PM   #1081
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

lol, yeah, I was the third one who "healed" Danny.

I was also intending to heal him Night 3, but I got sidetracked by real life and didn't get my order in.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:02 PM   #1082
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Well I guess we know why Mau was so wrong - and Narc, you are really paranoid

Sucks it had to end that way, but it was a very interesting and fun ruleset. I play way too cautious as a wolf though and need to learn to be more "casual". I am not a huge analyzer to begin with, but I definitely post more freely as a villager. I always think anything I say will screw my team over as a wolf

Also - I need to point out - in all the games I have played, I have been a wolf maybe...4 times? Two of those times I have been been freakin' scanned and outed. How the hell do I defend against that!?
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:42 PM   #1083
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
and Danny are still alive,

Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:43 PM   #1084
Danny
Head Coach

I'm just kidding, it was a fun idea, and it sucks that mistake happened. It's tough though, one tiny mistake can throw things off so much. It happens though
Old 05-06-2011, 05:43 PM   #1085
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
FYI the remaining wolves after Jackal were Narcizo and I

We should have checked with you as well. We just assumed that mindshield had somehow kicked the scan back incorrectly. Agreed that the game would basically be over if the scan had been reported correctly.

Your were going to be dead in the next night action so I guess I kind of feel vindicated
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 06:10 PM   #1086
Danny
Head Coach

Goof to know that other than Thomkal, all my votes were on wolves.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:16 PM   #1087
Danny
Head Coach

And it's almost too bad Jag came out against Packer that day because I was going to do my best to orchestrate a tie between bh and dward using my vote switching ability.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:22 PM   #1088
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Goof to know that other than Thomkal, all my votes were on wolves.

*pees on Danny*

Nah there was a legitimate reason to vote me out, and hey using the same logic as you guys were doing with me, I was doing it with JAG, and we were all wrong. I threw everything I could think out there hoping some of it it would stick. What I should have tried was the fact that not a single person tried to defend or save me till Hoops did late in the day and of course Danny two minutes before lynch. Thanks a lot for that Danny. I sense another day 1 vote for you coming up....
Old 05-06-2011, 08:55 PM   #1089
dwardzala
H.S. Freshman Team

Abe, just wanted to say I still thought it was a great game and a great concept, even though I felt that the wolves had a completely uphill battle even before the DT lynch.

And I will never, NEVER, put out the first vote of the day again. Never, I will no vote before I do that.
dwardzala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:14 PM   #1090
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Jeez Jackal! Hog all the wolf roles why don't you!
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:22 PM   #1091
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'd had a pretty damn good record as a wolf before the last two games. Although this one doesn't exactly count.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:28 PM   #1092
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
To help my brother Kai after my death, I will now assume that all the reveals are true. Below are the remaining players after my lynch from most trusted to least.

18. mauboy1 - final vote on DT day 1. Claimed scan at an odd time but that's mauboy's wild and crazy (and cool) playing style.

10. Lathum - Packerfanatic leaving dwardzala to vote for him to create the "Immunity Idol vote", no question he is a villager. Is he cutthroat enough to kill a fellow wolf? Sure. But not in this case.

12. mckerney - His reactions to healing JAG failed really prove villager to me since he said write after deadline before Abe gave results. I do this a lot because it is a surefire way of letting the village know something in case you are going to die, but prevents the wolves NKing you for it.

6. Chief Rum - scanned by me and Bug. I scanned him as villager. His odd behavior and last minute votes suggest wolf but this is also typical of Chief play lately. After today's reaction regarding healing he finally sounds legit.

3. MrBug708 - revealed scan of Chief. Verified he has scan ability. Odd behavior but his scan story and reactions do clue villager.

9. hoopsguy - The only thing going for him is his lynching of DT day one which is pretty strong. hoops has the scary ability to behave as a trusted villager when he is a wolf. But he isn't normally bloodthirsty enough to kill fellow wolves, especially day one.

14. Narcizo - His reactions to his scans are classic Narcizo. His reveals also smack of villager. There really is nothing solid to go on with Narcizo except his reactions.

11. The Jackal - He was scanned by mauboy. That is it. It might be enough and as I said I'm going to assume ALL reveals are legit. But really under the radar this game.

15. Darth Vilus - no info at all. None. NO reactions. Nothing. Just Day, he was in a runoff with a caught wolf. Look good for villager.

5. bhlloy
8. Zinto
- That leaves these two. Both have been quiet. Act like they don't know what is going on. Haven't reacted much to anything at all. Go with the flow at all times. Have dropped little votes on each other as usual but nothing to be afraid of. Have mainly stayed out of the spotlight.

Not bad. My bottom 5 had the 3 wolves in it. I knew all these breadcrumbs I left wouldn't actually be heeded until AFTER I was proved to be a villager. Was just waiting for that point. Narcizo dissing me AND somehow thinking I had hunting ability AND taunting me was really odd for him. Made me feel bad . I figured something weird was up. After Chief's reaction and Abe saying "...." I had this feeling that something major was broken right there. Didn't trust scans for the rest of the game as I knew there was a possibility for a cunning/false reveal.

And JAG, your reveal. My reply was just a joke...although I did think you gave WAY too much description than what we had previously received...and what I received on my scan myself. BUt that was metagaming stuff so I just ignored it.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:19 PM   #1093
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
Actually, I've been working pretty hard on The Dungeon 2 rules to perhaps run soon, but seeing me miss on this, with a lower level of difficulty, maybe I don;t want to do it just yet....

This is why hoops got me to assist with the Marvel games. When the rulesets get that big and complicated, it helps avoid a lot of simple errors that would get caught up in the complexity of the game.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 02:01 AM   #1094
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Narcizo dissing me AND somehow thinking I had hunting ability AND taunting me was really odd for him. Made me feel bad .

The taunting thing was my way of telling you that I "knew" mau and you were on our side. This was when I thought you and mau were in communication. I also said something about how the game was everything I hoped it would be which was meant to tell you that I was a wolf, based on our last PM before the game. I really regretted doing all that about 2 seconds after I pressed "Submit". What my head comes up with never ceases to surprise me - s'why I'm a rubbish wolf. To function halfway decent as a wolf I need someone else to be around when I am to keep me grounded and stop my flights of fancy solidifying into reality in my head. I never said I thought you had hunting - I said it was a possibility.

If I were to ever run a game it would be based on the Paranoid RPG, so everyone would expect multiple factions and whatnot but it would just be villagers and random night kills. The winner would be the person to come out with the most outlandish explanation of what is happening.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:26 AM   #1095
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I htought this WAS the Paranoid RPG....(and I didn't get all that from what you were saying. I got "I'm trying to make you feel bad "
Old 05-07-2011, 02:35 AM   #1096
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Every game of werewolf is a game of Paranoia for me.

I think I'm getting better at it. I'm starting to realise that everything I come up with isn't automatically true. And you have to admit that there was a LOT of circumstantial evidence that you were a cultist. I thought for sure that you thought that Chief was a wolf and you faked a seer scan of him to clear him - which was why you were backing away from the scan as soon as Bug also came out and said he was a villager. Then you didn't shift from Lathum and you were revealing everyone's powers. I couldn't believe no-one else commented on it.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:49 AM   #1097
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Seems like the best wolf move on day one is for a couple of wolves to vote for him as well lf if he has picked up 2 or 3 votes. Otherwise you leave yourself compromised.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:51 AM   #1098
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

OMG Thomkal you're right! LOL! ALL of the wolves made a checking in post before the rest of us even realized things had started because we villagers were all wondering when PMs were going to show up about whether we were a villager or wolf. LOL. That could have been an even shorter game
Old 05-07-2011, 04:58 AM   #1099
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
OMG Thomkal you're right! LOL! ALL of the wolves made a checking in post before the rest of us even realized things had started because we villagers were all wondering when PMs were going to show up about whether we were a villager or wolf. LOL. That could have been an even shorter game

Hmmm .... wonder if that subconciously got people onto DT - he checked in very early. Probably not a great idea not having villager PMs - better just having a standard one and posting it here and PMing it to the wolves as well.

I forgot to mention one of the few fun wolves moments (apart from the rest of them laughing at my paranoid ways)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent
JAG comes up to you, grabs some bandages and tells you he is here to heal you, just in case. You take advantage of the situation and Slice him in half with your rage, and leave the scene.
Old 05-07-2011, 06:53 AM   #1100
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Hmmm .... wonder if that subconciously got people onto DT - he checked in very early. Probably not a great idea not having villager PMs - better just having a standard one and posting it here and PMing it to the wolves as well.

I forgot to mention one of the few fun wolves moments (apart from the rest of them laughing at my paranoid ways)

Yes as I was telling CF, I purposedly stopped looking at the first couple of pages when I realized that the wolves were most likely the early posters in the game so I couldn't metagame myself. In looking back now, four of the six posted before abe's post about villager PM's.