Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-08-2009, 05:01 PM   #2801
st.cronin
General Manager

The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (abridged) - 8/10

Quite a piece of work, probably enjoyable for all ages and levels of exposure to Shakespeare. Tries a bit too hard at times, otherwise its pretty much perfect.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:27 PM   #2802
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
Slumdog Millionaire - 9.5/10
Lost 0.5 point because I thought the ending was almost...too planned. On the one hand, the final "Millionaire" question was too predictable.
Spoiler

Spoiler

But yeah, I just saw this and it's probably my fav. movie since I can't recall when.
Matthean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:57 PM   #2803
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
Spoiler

Mayhaps. I suppose that could work.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:03 PM   #2804
Bad-example
College Starter

Before The Devil Knows You're Dead - 7.5 Too long by half and with some quirky directing, this was interesting but tended to drag. Marisa Tomei doing the doggy thing and showing off her hooters bumps the score a bit. Seeing Phillip Seymore Hoffman doing the doggy thing and showing off his hooters drops the score back a bit.
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:52 PM   #2805
Buccaneer
Head Coach

The Dark Knight

damn

just, damn
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:56 PM   #2806
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
The Dark Knight

damn

just, damn

Is that 0/10 or 10/10?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:59 PM   #2807
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
This post is out of line.

The thread is not called "Next Movie I'm Going to Watch."

Okay, well to make you feel better I'll post a review.

Yes Man: 6/10

Nothing special, but it was good for a few laughs.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:03 PM   #2808
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
Is that 0/10 or 10/10?

Sorry, I'm a bit buzzed right now after seeing that. 9.5/10
Old 01-08-2009, 10:05 PM   #2809
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

There's hope for you yet, old man.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:11 PM   #2810
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Not a 10, it was about 20 minutes too long.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:30 PM   #2811
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Not a 10, it was about 20 minutes too long.

I think that's spot on. That's pretty much where I came out on the film as well. That said, I never really felt the length while in the the theater. I was pretty engrossed in the whole thing.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 01-08-2009 at 10:31 PM.
Honolulu_Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:35 PM   #2812
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:

I think I gave it a 9.5 as well. There were some things I didn't like, but overall a very good movie.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:35 PM   #2813
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Good rating, Bucc .

Thought you may like it .
Old 01-09-2009, 08:53 AM   #2814
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

The Spirit

2 out of 10

"My city screams" indeed. So my buddy asked me to go see this with him and his fiance, it's a bustling Friday night, but we manage to snag decent seats for the show.

I don't remember much of this film, attempting to be done in the stylistic manner Sin City or 300 (moreso Sin City).

I don't know much about the comic by Will Eisner, but I've read "Contract with God". But Denny Colt seems rather weakly played but an actor I barely know, it seems that the skimpish mask worn by him not only hides his image from enemies but also reduces his personality to zero.

The voice over was horribly grating. I've never had a problem with voiceover, but this seemed to be directed at the lowest common denominator who couldn't possibly follow the movie ("My city screams" "The Octopus will pay!").

Samuel L. does the job as the Octopus, but for a character whose face is never seen in the comic, he's got tons of face time in the movie. And he's all over the place as an evildoer, you don't know where he's coming from (but unlike say Ledger's Joker, you don't really care).

The females all look lovely in the movie, Scarlett did seem to have fun.

It's slick but vacant and cliched and I hope to never see a movie as terrible as this one. It was drawn out for something that could have been wrapped up by a better director.

Oddly enough days after seeing it, I still consider it one of the worst movies I've ever paid money for.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:10 PM   #2815
BYU 14
Coordinator

Gran Torino - 8/10

I was able to go watch a pre-release directors cut screening of the new Eastwood movie at a friends house, who works in a movie related field.

It was a very entertaining and sometimes poignant movie. Imagine a cross between Dirty Harry, Archie Bunker and his character in Heartbreak Ridge. Clint still has it, would definitely recommend checking it out on release.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 01-09-2009 at 01:31 PM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:20 PM   #2816
Pyser
Pro Rookie

ghost town - 7/10

gervais makes me laugh. enjoyable enough movie. nothing unexpected though.
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:27 PM   #2817
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Pineapple Express 8/10

Saw it on Bluray and it looks great. It's just a fun buddy comedy about two stoners on the run. What I think was best about this movie is Franco and Rogan actually come off as guys you'd want to hang out with, as dumb as they both are, they both mean well.

Lot's of funny moments, but none that're totally overkill. It's a constant laugher.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 05:27 PM   #2818
Atocep
Coordinator

Religulous - 6/10

I expected to really enjoy this, and it was funny at times, but Bill Maher gets too preachy at other times and at the end isn't all that different from the same people he made fun of throughout the film.

Still some great moments and the interviews with the two vatican priests was really eye opening for me.

Last edited by Atocep : 01-09-2009 at 05:31 PM.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 05:29 PM   #2819
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Gran Torino-8/10

Very enjoyable movie, which has the added bonus of possibly getting old Clint fans to see something they may not be accustomed to: The Hmong community.

Forgetting that, though, it's quite an entertaining movie. The dialogue consistently had me cracking up, and Eastwoods facial expressions are top of the range.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:13 PM   #2820
moriarty
College Starter

Man on Wire 8/10

For those of you who don't like documentaries don't bother. Or if images of the world trade center towers bother you after 9/11 you might want to stay away.

For everyone else, this is a very good documentary (w/ some re-enactment) about the guy who tight rope walked between the trade center towers in the mid 70's. For anyone who had the opportunity to go to the observation deck on the tower you know just how high up and how crazy this is.

This would probably be a ho-hum tale if Phillipe (the walker) had permission to walk between the towers, but given he had to sneak his way and the equipment up there it lends a sort of bank robbery type angle to the story. Combine that with Phillipe's passion which jumps off the screen and you have a great story.

Not quite up there with King of Kong or Fog of War. Ultimately I would have preferred a bit more background on how he met / hooked up with the some of the characters, and I would have preferred more info on what's happened in the 30 years since (it pretty much stops after the WTC walk) but it's definitely worth renting. Some of the pictures and video from his walks are simply amazing.

Last edited by moriarty : 01-09-2009 at 09:13 PM.
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:12 AM   #2821
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
Gran Torino-8/10

Very enjoyable movie, which has the added bonus of possibly getting old Clint fans to see something they may not be accustomed to: The Hmong community.

Forgetting that, though, it's quite an entertaining movie. The dialogue consistently had me cracking up, and Eastwoods facial expressions are top of the range.

Just got back from seeing this, and Karl nailed it.

Great movie, and aside from the last 30 minutes or so, much higher on the amusing-entertaining scale than I was expecting.

Spoiler
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:22 AM   #2822
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad-example View Post
Before The Devil Knows You're Dead - 7.5 Too long by half and with some quirky directing, this was interesting but tended to drag. Marisa Tomei doing the doggy thing and showing off her hooters bumps the score a bit. Seeing Phillip Seymore Hoffman doing the doggy thing and showing off his hooters drops the score back a bit.

I agree, although I'd give it an 8.5 for the massive amount of screen time Marisa Tomei's tits got.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:12 AM   #2823
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by moriarty View Post
Man on Wire 8/10

I enjoyed this very much. A very well done doc. Even though most of the footage of his actual walk was either still photos, or form the ground, and even though you have obviously no doubt that the dude survived, it was still fucking HORRIFYING for me to watch and conceive of what it must been like to have taken just that very first step.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:20 PM   #2824
Lorena
Unregistered

Grindhouse is the double feature movie from Robert Rodriguez and Tarantino. I'll rate them as separate but the trailers were very fun to watch.

Planet Terror - 6.5/10

Out of both features, I enjoyed this one more. It's gory as hell but if you don't mind pus oozing out of zombies or the thought of having some guy's balls cut off, watch it, it was a lot of fun.

Death Proof - 4/10

Too much dialogue for my taste and even the awesome chase scenes didn't save it.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 02:41 PM   #2825
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by moriarty View Post
Man on Wire 8/10

For those of you who don't like documentaries don't bother. Or if images of the world trade center towers bother you after 9/11 you might want to stay away.

For everyone else, this is a very good documentary (w/ some re-enactment) about the guy who tight rope walked between the trade center towers in the mid 70's. For anyone who had the opportunity to go to the observation deck on the tower you know just how high up and how crazy this is.

This would probably be a ho-hum tale if Phillipe (the walker) had permission to walk between the towers, but given he had to sneak his way and the equipment up there it lends a sort of bank robbery type angle to the story. Combine that with Phillipe's passion which jumps off the screen and you have a great story.

Not quite up there with King of Kong or Fog of War. Ultimately I would have preferred a bit more background on how he met / hooked up with the some of the characters, and I would have preferred more info on what's happened in the 30 years since (it pretty much stops after the WTC walk) but it's definitely worth renting. Some of the pictures and video from his walks are simply amazing.

Very good doc.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 02:55 PM   #2826
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Towelhead: 5/10

Ambitious and interesting, but just too much going on and too intense. And frankly, a bit disturbing and possibly unbelievable. A movie you can see, just to say "well, that could've been better."

The Spirit 4/10
Saw it in the movies. Samuel L. bothered me. But Scarlett J was quirky and strange, but awesome. I thought on balance the acting was well done. The script was terrible and the storyline was mish-mash at best. Not a movie I would've seen on my own without a friend, but...even with that, just not that good a flick.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:44 PM   #2827
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorena View Post
Grindhouse is the double feature movie from Robert Rodriguez and Tarantino. I'll rate them as separate but the trailers were very fun to watch.

Planet Terror - 6.5/10

Out of both features, I enjoyed this one more. It's gory as hell but if you don't mind pus oozing out of zombies or the thought of having some guy's balls cut off, watch it, it was a lot of fun.

Death Proof - 4/10

Too much dialogue for my taste and even the awesome chase scenes didn't save it.

Whew, your tough. I give Death Proof a solid 8 and Planet Terror a 7. Definately movies that apeal to specific tastes though. You can get both of these as part of the netflix streaming feature.

I really liked the Death Proof concept.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:11 AM   #2828
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
Whew, your tough. I give Death Proof a solid 8 and Planet Terror a 7. Definately movies that apeal to specific tastes though. You can get both of these as part of the netflix streaming feature.

I really liked the Death Proof concept.

The Netflix "Watch Instantly" feature is awesome, we've been able to watch a ton of movies and shows that way. We saw Jericho Seasons 1 and 2 that way in like a week (that's like 30 shows or so). I really like the Starz Play feature as well.

As far as my review, yeah they appeal to certain people. I just thought Death Proof was waaay too wordy for me but and I agree that it's a great concept. There was a point in the movie where I just zoned out and was looking in the background and noticed certain things in characters that I wouldn't otherwise. Planet Terror was fun to watch and there were lots of wtf moments, but it's not something I'd watch again.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:23 AM   #2829
Lorena
Unregistered

Arsenic and Old Lace - 6.5/10

Funny and macabre. My favorite characters though were the 2 sisters, Cary Grant was pretty funny too.

Next - 7/10

Great concept about a magician who can see a few minutes into the future and uses his skill to alter the immediate future. The ending just sorta stumped me.

30 Days of Night - 7/10

A small town in Alaska is visited by vampires during 30 days of no sun. The vampire screams really scared me and the gorry parts made me sick to my stomach.

Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story - 5/10

This movie spoofs those incredibly predicable rags to riches movies about rock/pop stars. It was watchable but the moment Dewey Cox appeared in underwear, I lost interest.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:49 PM   #2830
MikeVic
Head Coach

I loved Planet Terror, and also felt Death Proof was too wordy. Once the girls had that long conversation around the table, where the camera kept moving around the table... that's where, if I was watching at home, I would've likely just turned it off.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:54 PM   #2831
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I think the reason Death Proof was so wordy was because it was meant to be seen back to back with Plant Terror.

Planet Terror was constant action for an hour and a half or whatever it. I think people in the theaters were burnt out as is, but if Death Proof were all action, it'd probably have been total overkill.

As a stand alone it is a lot different.

Loved both though. Great time seeing it at Midnight when it came out. The theater was out of control.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:00 PM   #2832
MrDNA
High School Varsity

My problem with Death Proof was the lack of build up of the killer. That is to say, when he got his comeuppance I was like "So what? Of course these girls can defeat him." Tarintino needed to make him more of an opposing figure so that taking him out was more of a FEAT. Great concept, though (and I friggin' love the name Death Proof).
MrDNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 01:06 PM   #2833
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Stuntman Mike is a favorite of mine.

Russell was creepy as hell.

Too bad Thanksgiving wasn't real. That was my favorite thing in the entire movie.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:44 PM   #2834
Bad-example
College Starter

1408 - 8.5/10 I don't like many horror films but this one creeped me out. Cusak carried the film and was utterly convincing. The camera tricks and special effects were very slick. Much better movie than I was expecting.
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:12 PM   #2835
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Anybody watch the Golden Globes tonight? First time in awhile watching one of these awards shows that I finished watching it extremely satisfied with who won...
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:15 AM   #2836
Lorena
Unregistered

Vertigo - 9.5/10

I was trying to figure out what vertigo had to do with the movie but it ended up making sense. Loved the use of cameras (angles, movement), nice pacing, just a great movie.

Last edited by Lorena : 01-12-2009 at 01:31 AM.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:15 AM   #2837
Pyser
Pro Rookie

gran torino 5.5/10

all 5.5 goes to clint eastwoods acting. he was surrounded by perhaps the worst ensemble cast ive ever seen. not much of a plot here, too many holes, and the wort gang in film history.

but boy can clint act.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:46 AM   #2838
RainMaker
General Manager

In the Valley of Elah (9 out of 10) - This may be the best I've ever seen Tommy Lee Jones. The role was built for him and he carries the entire movie. Story about his son who comes home from Iraq and is missing. Charlize Theron, Susan Surandon, Josh Brolin, and some other big names appear. One of the few movies that has been able to get me teary eyed. The end is perfect. Devestating and thought provoking. Just a movie that will really wear you out emotionally.

Last edited by RainMaker : 01-12-2009 at 03:48 AM.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:36 AM   #2839
ageofquarrel
H.S. Freshman Team

The Wrestler - 9/10

Even if you are not a fan of wrestling. This is a really well done movie about a former popular wrestler played by Mickey Rourke who 20 years later is still wrestling little indy promotions and works at Acme(hahaha). Marisa Tomei plays a stripper, and looks good, definitely would. If you know who Necro Butcher is, he has a bit part in the movie and he kills it, so funny.

Supposedly Mickey Rourke did this movie for free, not sure how true that is. and Bruce Springsteen and Axl Rose let them use there songs for free in the movie.
ageofquarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 07:18 AM   #2840
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Lord of War - 8/10: This is the type of Nick Cage I like to see in the movies: sarcastic, snarky, and morally ambiguous. Enjoyed seeing the life of an arms dealer, especially how he kept outwitting Interpol and its relentless agent played by Ethan Embry (very well done as well). Cage, trying to deal with his family issues, while working was also well done. And the ending was just brilliant. I love movies that don't compromise in the end.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:59 AM   #2841
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
I think the reason Death Proof was so wordy was because it was meant to be seen back to back with Plant Terror.

Planet Terror was constant action for an hour and a half or whatever it. I think people in the theaters were burnt out as is, but if Death Proof were all action, it'd probably have been total overkill.

As a stand alone it is a lot different.

Loved both though. Great time seeing it at Midnight when it came out. The theater was out of control.

I saw them back-to-back at the theatre too. Planet Terror was good, and then the fake trailers were awesome... and then Death Proof just brought me down like crazy.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:26 AM   #2842
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
I saw them back-to-back at the theatre too. Planet Terror was good, and then the fake trailers were awesome... and then Death Proof just brought me down like crazy.

I didn't mind the wordiness of Death Proof too much when I saw it in the theater. I agree that Planet Terror was fun and the trailers were really fun, but the Death Proof conversations did a decent job of slowing things back down a bit and re-building up to the coming action. I did think there was slightly too much conversation which retarded the build up, but it wasn't too bad.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:11 PM   #2843
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button-7.5/10

It was a good movie. Brad Pitt is a great actor, and I just realized that Cate Blanchett is beautiful. I loved her auburn hair. I do feel that there was something missing. The first guess I have is that Benjamin really never had any hardships shown. I'll have to think more about that.

EDIT: I think I'll enjoy it more on a second viewing. Also, I'll bump it up half a point for one of the coolest visuals I've ever seen in a movie.

Spoiler

Last edited by Karlifornia : 01-12-2009 at 10:15 PM.
Karlifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:57 PM   #2844
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad-example View Post
1408 - 8.5/10 I don't like many horror films but this one creeped me out. Cusak carried the film and was utterly convincing. The camera tricks and special effects were very slick. Much better movie than I was expecting.

I'd give the first half of this movie about an 8.5, but it really fell off over the last half of the movie. About a 6.5 for me overall.

Sort of reminded me of Jeepers Creepers. That had an awesome start to the movie but turned to absolute crap about halfway through. It was like the director died halfway through the movie and replaced him with some hack.
Old 01-13-2009, 05:25 AM   #2845
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

The Wrestler-9.5/10

Just awesome. Aronofosky nailed it, and Rourke nailed it. The best movie I've seen this year, certainly.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:57 AM   #2846
RainMaker
General Manager

Two For the Money (8 out of 10) - Really didn't expect much out of this since it didn't fare too well in the theatres. Anyone who has been a gambler at one time or another can relate well to this flick. It gets to the heart of why gamblers really can't stop themselves. I'm not a fan of McConaghey, but Pacino is brilliant as usual. The movie drags a bit and has it's eye rolling moments, but it was pretty good. Definitely something a sports fan should look into.

Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed (0 out of 10) - It's tough to rate documentaries. If you don't agree with the topic, you have a hard time liking it. The only nice thing I can say about the movie is that it is produced at a level above a high school AV department. Outside of that, it will kill brain cells. Stein goes on and on about how the world has plotted against intelligent design. He uses editing tricks to make others look silly or vain. He compares those who believe in evolution to nazis. It is odd coming from Stein who I always though was an intelligent guy. But there is a clear difference in book smart and real world smart. It's a pathetic movie that really caters to mouth breathers who can't count to 10.

Last edited by RainMaker : 01-14-2009 at 06:03 AM.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:53 AM   #2847
GoSeahawks
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
[b]
Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed (0 out of 10) - It's tough to rate documentaries. If you don't agree with the topic, you have a hard time liking it. The only nice thing I can say about the movie is that it is produced at a level above a high school AV department. Outside of that, it will kill brain cells. Stein goes on and on about how the world has plotted against intelligent design. He uses editing tricks to make others look silly or vain. He compares those who believe in evolution to nazis. It is odd coming from Stein who I always though was an intelligent guy. But there is a clear difference in book smart and real world smart. It's a pathetic movie that really caters to mouth breathers who can't count to 10.
I want to award this movie the "worst moment ever in any movie including documentary" award. It's the moment where Stein looks at the Darwin statue for what seemed like five minutes. Ughhh, this documentary was painful to watch and actually sort of offensive.
GoSeahawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:59 PM   #2848
Pyser
Pro Rookie

ill sleep when i dead - 2/10

ill sleep when i watch this, more like it. and even if it wasnt slow and boring, nothing gets wrapped up. large sections of the movie happen for no reason at all. the revenge aspect was terrible. people who had no knowledge of what could have happened suddenly knew everything about the crime in the movie, stuff no one could possibly know unless they were there. just an absolute waste of time, stay away at all costs.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:08 PM   #2849
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button-7.5/10

It was a good movie. Brad Pitt is a great actor, and I just realized that Cate Blanchett is beautiful. I loved her auburn hair. I do feel that there was something missing. The first guess I have is that Benjamin really never had any hardships shown. I'll have to think more about that.

EDIT: I think I'll enjoy it more on a second viewing. Also, I'll bump it up half a point for one of the coolest visuals I've ever seen in a movie.

Spoiler

Spoiler
Old 01-15-2009, 12:54 AM   #2850
Lorena
Unregistered

The Royal Tenenbaums - 5/10

It was mediocre at best. A few LOL moments but I'm just not gettin' it.