Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-22-2023, 02:03 PM   #1
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

2023 FOFC Game Giveaway Thread (?)

Over the last few years, we've done various game gift threads, in honor of friends and former FOFC members. I'm planning on doing it again this summer, but trying to see if we can get more than just me doing it.

SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 07:37 PM   #2
weegeebored
High School Varsity

I still have some unused keys. Many of them are ones I posted in the old thread but I may have a few new ones. Count me in if people decide to move forward with this.
Old 06-22-2023, 09:03 PM   #3
JPhillips
General Manager

I should have some to add.
Old 06-22-2023, 09:25 PM   #4
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Let's set the official opening date as July 1 then. Get your lists ready.
Old 06-22-2023, 10:54 PM   #5
rjolley
College Starter

I'll have some to add.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 01:08 PM   #6
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I think we shouldn't set any formal rules about claiming multiple titles, etcetera, but I think we should at least give everyone a day or so to pick over the list before mass claiming items (ie, 1-2 claims on day one)
Old 06-23-2023, 01:54 PM   #7
JPhillips
General Manager

Yeah, I think one or two initially, but after a few days ask for whatever you want.
Old 06-23-2023, 02:20 PM   #8
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I thought I was the one interested in this
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 02:20 PM   #9
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

oh goody anal bum cover is lurking
Old 06-23-2023, 02:23 PM   #10
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
I thought I was the one interested in this

Honestly, I got reminded about doing this because I'm still on Humble Monthly and got my monthly charge, and said "I really should see who wants some of this". I've offered a couple of games to a friend who I think would be interested, but I'll have a lot of games to list.
Old 06-23-2023, 02:44 PM   #11
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Honestly, I got reminded about doing this because I'm still on Humble Monthly and got my monthly charge, and said "I really should see who wants some of this". I've offered a couple of games to a friend who I think would be interested, but I'll have a lot of games to list.

I got that ukraine deal and already had a bunch of them haha
Old 06-23-2023, 03:39 PM   #12
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Let's put it this way. I just spent a good 30-45 minutes going through my unclaimed games (from current to January 2020, going back further it's hard but I can look if someone requests). Plus I got a couple bundles so, yeah, they go on the list too

The notepad file I put the list in? Something like 400 lines (and 99% of them are one game per line, with some explanation and many games have multiple DLC's that go with it). I'd say somewhere around 360-380 games are going to be on my list.

Thank god for a site to alphabetize the list
Old 06-23-2023, 03:47 PM   #13
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Don't forget that Humble Bundle has that check box to hide all games you already claimed. Makes things easier.
Old 06-23-2023, 03:49 PM   #14
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:
oh goody anal bum cover is lurking

I'll put up my list as well. I haven't added anything new to it recently, but some fresh eyes might help out here.
Old 06-23-2023, 03:54 PM   #15
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Don't forget that Humble Bundle has that check box to hide all games you already claimed. Makes things easier.

Yeah, I did that for games that weren't in the Monthly Choice sections (mostly the asmoidee board games sets), but it was just easier for me for humble choice months to go through and write down which ones hadn't been claimed (although at least 1 that was already gifted made my list, which is going to gnaw at me, but dammned if I'm going through roughly 40 months of games again. I'll just say "Oops, that one was mistakenly list" if it happens again) )
Old 06-24-2023, 05:35 AM   #16
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

And a reminder of the rules:

Once a list has been put up, it's first come first serve.
You may take one game per day maximum, no matter from whose list. (You can't take one game from each list on the same day. One per day period but once 24 hours is up since your last pick you can pick again) This spreads the love more esp of good games. It is possible....probable...a guarantee that someone won't read this rule and ask to grab several at once so the lister should just tell them they get the first game (or ask them to choose) and remind them of this rule.

As far as DLC goes, people making lists should make sure they list things how they want regarding DLC bundles. If you want to bundle a game + DLC together (if you have all), you can...just list it on the same line. If not list them separately and people picking can pick the game or DLC or the bundle as decided by the lister. If something is listed in a bundle, you can choose not to take that main game if you already have it and just take the DLC.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 06-24-2023 at 08:12 AM.
Old 06-24-2023, 11:01 AM   #17
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post

Would it help if we started a dedicated Humble Choice thread where we could post the Choice games of the month and any member can give away their keys to whoever is interested in a game?
Old 06-24-2023, 12:58 PM   #18
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

That might be a good thing, I know a couple of folks I usually asked every so often "Hey, look over the last few months, anything you want that isn't X, Y, or Z".. Would be good to have a thread to make it clear in that way.
Old 06-24-2023, 01:07 PM   #19
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

isn't this a thread?
Old 06-24-2023, 01:30 PM   #20
JPhillips
General Manager

I understand your good intentions, CF, but my list, my rules. I'll deal with anyone that wants more than one on a case by case basis and after a couple of days I'll be completely open.
Old 06-24-2023, 02:17 PM   #21
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
I understand your good intentions, CF, but my list, my rules. I'll deal with anyone that wants more than one on a case by case basis and after a couple of days I'll be completely open.

That's just how we've always done it. And that's the only rule.
YOu don't want a new list being posted and one person taking three great games from it at once. You want to let everyone have a shot at picking the good stuff because people log on at different times of day
Old 06-24-2023, 03:59 PM   #22
JPhillips
General Manager

But again, my games, my rules. Whoever is giving away games can set whatever rules they choose and they don't all have to be the same. If someone says 3 games each and only from 7-9 pm, that's their choice. If someone wants essays justifying the choice, they can do that.

If you're giving things away you get to set the conditions for the giveaway.
Old 06-27-2023, 12:15 PM   #23
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Do you folks want to move it forward to tomorrow or thursday? I'd hate to have someone make an impulse purchase for the Steam Summer Sale when they could have gotten hit here.

Not sure it'd apply, but something that just crossed my mind
Old 06-27-2023, 02:07 PM   #24
JPhillips
General Manager

I'm ready whenever. That took a while to put the list together. I wish I could sort and export by non-redeemed.