Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-25-2007, 10:14 PM   #3001
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Thanks all! I had alot of fun this game and know Barkeep must have spent a ton of time on it. I enjoyed all of the hard work
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 10:14 PM   #3002
ImTheCrew
High School Varsity

congrats alan can you show a list of who was what
ImTheCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 10:14 PM   #3003
Swaggs
Coordinator

so, who were the wolves and all the special roles?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 10:16 PM   #3004
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
What didn't make sense? I told you the truth. I came out to help our tribe.

Because as soon as I believed you were a wolf, I was voting for you, and probably so would 9 out of 10 werewolf players. The only question in my mind was that maybe you weren't a wolf, but were making a play as a non-wolf (seer, perhaps).

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 10:17 PM   #3005
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Congrats AlanT.

Question for the other wolves: What did you think when it came out that I told my tribe what we could do?

I thought it was crazy. I didn't see any reason why you would out yourself like that and tell everyone how we functioned. I still don't understand it.
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 10:17 PM   #3006
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
so, who were the wolves and all the special roles?
Didn't post them since I though they were widely known:
GE = Seer
Tyrith/SnDvls = Alpha Wolf
JE = Beta Wolf
Raiders = Delta
Anxiety = Gamma
Path = convert

Any volunteer who was attacked by the wolves would have been converted. It just so happened to be path.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 10:18 PM   #3007
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I was playing Survivor. I thought as per the rules of the game, you guys were playing Survivor at that point more than Werewolf. By rules of the game, I mean that there can only be one winner. The wolves had to depend on the villagers to get through the challenges...I guess knowing more than what you knew about being a wolf I thought it was safe to come out.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 10:19 PM   #3008
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
I thought it was crazy. I didn't see any reason why you would out yourself like that and tell everyone how we functioned. I still don't understand it.

It was crazy because you were on the other side. If I could've gotten my tribe to go along with it, we would've had a huge edge in the game. I could've worked you guys (the wolves) over and my tribe at the same time...feeding you both information that might be true...or might be not so true.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:21 PM   #3009
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I thought RA's move was a bold play. As cronin has said, this was really more of a game of Survivor with WW elements than a game of WW. As such RA was making a bold Survivor play. In many ways SnDvls nearly made that same play at the end of the game with Alan T, before deciding to cast his lot with path.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:21 PM   #3010
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
It was crazy because you were on the other side. If I could've gotten my tribe to go along with it, we would've had a huge edge in the game. I could've worked you guys (the wolves) over and my tribe at the same time...feeding you both information that might be true...or might be not so true.

Did you out yourself? I haven't read the Oz thread yet, but I was under the impression that GE scanned you and learned you were the wolf. Was this not how it went down?
Old 02-25-2007, 10:23 PM   #3011
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Did you out yourself? I haven't read the Oz thread yet, but I was under the impression that GE scanned you and learned you were the wolf. Was this not how it went down?
No RA came out and said he was a wolf.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:23 PM   #3012
Barkeep49
Coordinator

DOLA -- He HAD been scanned by GE, but RA didn't know that at the time he came out.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:24 PM   #3013
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

lol, noooooooooo

That was the story we put out, but it was like this:

Schmidty was about to get voted off (I think), and RA comes out and says "Hey, I'm a wolf! Lathum isn't a wolf. I don't know who the other wolves are, but I get to "scan" somebody every night - when I find a wolf, I get to communicate with him." And then we all voted him off.

knives out
Old 02-25-2007, 10:25 PM   #3014
Tyrith
College Starter

How was the order of the wolf ranking determined?
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 10:27 PM   #3015
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
How was the order of the wolf ranking determined?
By the order people volunteered. Only two times I used random.org was for deciding who was going to be the seer and for the poker hands.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:28 PM   #3016
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

I actually thought about outing myself when everyone found out the number of wolves in each tribe (this was before I found out path got converted). I enjoyed working with everyone in the original Howard so much and I figured that there was no chance that I was going to make it to the final tribe, so I came pretty close to telling everyone that I was the Howard wolf so my fellow teammates would've had a better chance of making it.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:36 PM   #3017
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

BK, you mentioned that us wolves would be able to all do night actions once we performed some kind of task to activate that ability. What was it we were supposed to do? (Or am I completely wrong in thinking that that was ever an option?)
Old 02-25-2007, 11:34 PM   #3018
beargrowlz
High School Varsity

I've never played WW before, but just reading this thread was really cool. Looks like a fun game and you guys did a great job.

As an outside looking in, I really enjoyed the part where there were only four of you left and everyone started ratting out each other to get Alan's vote.

Very cool stuff.

[email protected]
TCY Golden Scribe Winner - Bear Goes Home

"The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out."
--Thomas B. Macaulay
beargrowlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 11:42 PM   #3019
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beargrowlz View Post
As an outside looking in, I really enjoyed the part where there were only four of you left and everyone started ratting out each other to get Alan's vote.

Definitely not your typical werewolf ending. I was pretty upset to see how everything fell apart there at the end for the wolves. I know that with the way things went (Alan constantly getting immunity) there really wasn't a way for the wolves to ensure two wolves in the final, but to see the wolves respond the way they did was kind of disheartening to me. Especially since I think they (I'm not going to include myself) did a great job getting as far as they did. But I guess in the end it came down to being a game of Survivor instead of werewolf, which is understandable.
Old 02-25-2007, 11:43 PM   #3020
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Definitely not your typical werewolf ending. I was pretty upset to see how everything fell apart there at the end for the wolves. I know that with the way things went (Alan constantly getting immunity) there really wasn't a way for the wolves to ensure two wolves in the final, but to see the wolves respond the way they did was kind of disheartening to me. Especially since I think they (I'm not going to include myself) did a great job getting as far as they did. But I guess in the end it came down to being a game of Survivor instead of werewolf, which is understandable.

I should take a moment and thank JE for letting me use him to vent during that whole unfortunate episode......
Old 02-25-2007, 11:47 PM   #3021
hoopsguy
General Manager

Bear, if you enjoyed reading along I hope you will play along sometime in the future.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 11:51 PM   #3022
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I should take a moment and thank JE for letting me use him to vent during that whole unfortunate episode......

No problem. You had to listen to me bitch in the private Howard thread, so we're even.
Old 02-25-2007, 11:54 PM   #3023
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Bear, if you enjoyed reading along I hope you will play along sometime in the future.

Ditto. Fresh meat is always welcome.

knives out
Old 02-25-2007, 11:55 PM   #3024
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Ditto. Fresh meat is always welcome.

If not, he at least has to gurantee me a match with his new UCLA Squad
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 11:55 PM   #3025
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

I also want to thank hoops for being the annoying Jeff Probst type host. I really hated seeing you in our threads, but I did enjoy how it made the game feel more like a whacked out season of Survivor.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:09 AM   #3026
hoopsguy
General Manager

Had fun doing it, although BK and I were the only two who got to see the character progress from Jeff Probst into Damon Killian (Running Man) over the course of three weeks. I tried not to make it happen instantly, but since I was hopping from thread to thread (depending on the challenge losers) people didn't get to really see it unfold.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:37 AM   #3027
Raiders Army
Coordinator

This was a really, really fun game. I enjoyed it greatly and it was a nice change of pace from your typical WW game.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:47 AM   #3028
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I'll make one comment about Raider's play. I don't have a huge problem with the play but I think he executed it poorly. For those who are curious, I actually brought up the topic during the middle of the game of the helsing wolf doing something similar. We didn't know who it was at the time, but we realized that our team was quite strong.

I had brought up the topic of everyone agreeing that if the helsing wolf revealed who they were and who the other wolves were in a way we could validate it, we'd form an alliance until the final 6 and not vote them out.

As it turns out, Sndvls was the helsing wolf, but he chose not to take up the offer. He still made it to the final 6 however without the deal.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:17 AM   #3029
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Congrats AlanT.

Question for the other wolves: What did you think when it came out that I told my tribe what we could do?

It happened so early that it didn't really effect the game at all.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:21 AM   #3030
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:

the part that disappointed me was I gave my answers to both Anxiety and Path to ensure one of us got Immunity and Alan still won...and I never got answers in return so I kinda knew something was going to happen...and it did.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:23 AM   #3031
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post

As it turns out, Sndvls was the helsing wolf, but he chose not to take up the offer. He still made it to the final 6 however without the deal.

correction final 4
and I could have stabbed path in the back and gone final 3, but I knew I wasn't going to win if I was in the final 2 no matter what. too many burned bridges at that point I think
Old 02-26-2007, 08:34 AM   #3032
Barkeep49
Coordinator

JE: You expressed frustration that two tribes were larger and taht this gave them an advantage. I agree. However, I want to point out that which tribes got larger was completely a game function. Every tribe had an equal shot of recruiting one of the players and I believe Oz was the only one who attempted to do so in the thread. I was surprised, actually, that the two committed so early in the day. I had expected that they would sit back and wait to see who looked like they had their act together before committing to a tribe.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:37 AM   #3033
SnDvls
Pro Starter

BK - great game...maybe because I was in it until the end, but I really enjoied this one the most of all WW games I've played. The WW part probally was challenging to you, but I think it could have been used better. As JE said it limited the killing and probally made this game a week longer due to the limitations on killing. I don't think the wolves still quite understand what happened the night we scanned Anxiety and also didn't get a kill. In previous nights we all got a scan and/or kill attempt but this one we only got one scan between the 4 of us.
Alan & Path well played to you both I actually threw my vote Path's way, but only because he was upfront with me at the end and I felt Alan would have offed me as soon as he could.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:48 AM   #3034
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
BK - great game...maybe because I was in it until the end, but I really enjoied this one the most of all WW games I've played. The WW part probally was challenging to you, but I think it could have been used better. As JE said it limited the killing and probally made this game a week longer due to the limitations on killing. I don't think the wolves still quite understand what happened the night we scanned Anxiety and also didn't get a kill. In previous nights we all got a scan and/or kill attempt but this one we only got one scan between the 4 of us.
Alan & Path well played to you both I actually threw my vote Path's way, but only because he was upfront with me at the end and I felt Alan would have offed me as soon as he could.

For whatever its worth, I could have offed you the day before by voting for you with Anxiety and Path. I just felt there was more upside for me and more possibilities by not voting your way. At the time I didn't know what the tiebreaker was, but in hindsight it was very useful that happened the way it did. I fully didn't trust you would follow through with your word to me so wasn't suprised.. but I figured it was the best chance I had to survive. So I guess you are part right.. I used you as much as you used me in the end there
Old 02-26-2007, 09:01 AM   #3035
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
JE: You expressed frustration that two tribes were larger and taht this gave them an advantage. I agree. However, I want to point out that which tribes got larger was completely a game function. Every tribe had an equal shot of recruiting one of the players and I believe Oz was the only one who attempted to do so in the thread. I was surprised, actually, that the two committed so early in the day. I had expected that they would sit back and wait to see who looked like they had their act together before committing to a tribe.

I guess the part that was frustrating to me was that the first challenge hurt two tribes and not just one. If it had only been one tribe, it wouldn't have been that big of a deal that two of the four had more members, but since both bottom tribes went into tribal council, it felt like we never had a chance with that challenge. Does that make sense?
Old 02-26-2007, 10:44 AM   #3036
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
the part that disappointed me was I gave my answers to both Anxiety and Path to ensure one of us got Immunity and Alan still won...and I never got answers in return so I kinda knew something was going to happen...and it did.

You did? I don't remember getting any answers but that could totally have been just an oversight on my part.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:12 PM   #3037
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Just now getting a chance to read some of the tribe threads. Got a kick out of the Oz tribe thread.

bump
another bump
"Thats what she said"
+1
Old 02-26-2007, 01:21 PM   #3038
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post

I picked Helsing because of the people that were in the tribe -- I most wanted to play the game with those players. I really didn't want ITC to beat me to it, so I made the first move.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 01:21 PM   #3039
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

And then there was the Jonathan-path private thread where both were talking to each other as if they wernt wolves. Thats kinda funny too.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:23 PM   #3040
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
And then there was the Jonathan-path private thread where both were talking to each other as if they wernt wolves. Thats kinda funny too.

Yeah, that was fun. We had a PM conversation going on back and forth and then the thread. I was always worried I was going to slip up in that thread.....
Old 02-26-2007, 01:25 PM   #3041
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Yeah, that was fun. We had a PM conversation going on back and forth and then the thread. I was always worried I was going to slip up in that thread.....

What, exactly, were you worried about? Did you think that people were reading the thread?

knives out
Old 02-26-2007, 01:32 PM   #3042
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Just now getting a chance to read some of the tribe threads. Got a kick out of the Oz tribe thread.

bump
another bump
"Thats what she said"
+1

I do what I can.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:37 PM   #3043
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
What, exactly, were you worried about? Did you think that people were reading the thread?

I didn't really think anyone was going to out and out read the thread but that was part of it. It was more the fact that we weren't certain that the thread might be available to others at some point.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:08 PM   #3044
Marathoner
High School JV

I had a great time playing this game. The original Howard team kicked a**.
Marathoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:47 PM   #3045
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'm sad that my tribe kicked me out and then imploded.

Overall, it was a great game and very entertaining to read after I was gone. FWIW Barkeep, this is the first time I've pseudo-kept up with the game after I was gone.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:27 PM   #3046
Blade6119
Coordinator

While i was right in my suspicions about tyrith and JE, i was totally off on kwhit. I was dead set on him being evil, and when i mentioned before a tribal council i voted for someone besides swaggs then swapped he led a charge onto me by anxiety(who turned out to be the evil one) in the final 30 minutes after i left.

I was 100% sure he was evil, so maybe its good i died when i did, as it kept kwhit around
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:15 PM   #3047
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I guess the part that was frustrating to me was that the first challenge hurt two tribes and not just one. If it had only been one tribe, it wouldn't have been that big of a deal that two of the four had more members, but since both bottom tribes went into tribal council, it felt like we never had a chance with that challenge. Does that make sense?

Not sure if this makes you feel any better about it or not, but the final two had a person from the larger starting tribes and a person from the smaller starting tribes.

I was in Helsing at the start and then in Howard at the first split. Their was a different mechanic based on participation and not tribe size in my opinion.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote