Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-31-2018, 12:03 AM   #51
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

2 Jan, 1529 – Buton agrees to a diplomatic vassalization!

1 Feb – Barito is going to be another Spices province on Borneo, surprise, surprise

Ile Bourbon
– This island features 0.73 made monthly from the Sugar Trade on this coastline, port, with Filipino Hindu workers. It features 11 development.

I send the colonist here to Mahe. I want to finish it up quickly. I want to move out of the Indian Ocean, and then work on South Africa or locally and closer.

1 April – Ming defeated Korea in a major battle and humbled her.

15 April – We convert Koching – next is the big bad – Brunei itself!

I begin to prepare for my next war, this time verse Pasai.

14 July – While exploring, our leader passes.

1 Nov – Another swing and a miss. Cape is Grain.

10 Nov – Our ruler has passed! I select a new deity…

I choose Shiva

That gives us reduced aggressive expansion penalties and core costs.

I invest in spending to get our stability back up after It dropped with the change over.

Our new ruler:

Bata Saja I (male ruler), 4/4/4, Inspiring Leader ability, 15 years old. (Our new tech investment is 11/8/6)

Royal Marriages with all of our old options (Kutai, Buton, Majaphit, Sunda, etc) hit.

I get a new explorer and continue with the Pacific.

1 Jan, 1530 – Ilcos has Gems

15 June – I claim my 5th province from Kasai

11 July 0 I finish a Grand Navy mission and for the next 25 years, we get naval bonuses when fighting

23 Oct – Full war happens as I declare war on Kasai

Us, Kutai, Sunda, Majaphit, Buton, Luwu

Them, Malacca

12 Nov -I win a few minor naval battles

19 Nov – I defeat their army in Jambi

9 Dec – One minor province falls to one army

21 Dec- Jambi, another minor, is ours

1 Jun, 1531 – We convert Brunei. Next is Sibu

30 July – We capture one of their forts

6 Sept – After more than two months, we win a major battle with all three of my armies joining, all of my allies, and then all of our foes as well. It was very give and take, but we emerge victorious.

11 Oct – Another minor falls to us

11 Nov – Another minor falls to us and this forces a Pasai fleet into the waiting arms of my great fleet.

28 Nov – We win in the Coast of Sumatra. I capture three vessels.

29 Dec – Two more minors are ours. We head to the capital

1 Jan, 1532 – Buton is now integrated with us, and we’ll look at that later.

10 Feb - A small army crosses the strait to Malacca to begin to push the allies of our foes

15 Mar – Johor, on Malacca, is ours.

1 July – A province in Malacca falls to Sunda;s forces

20 July – The capital of Pasai is ours

16 Aug – Another military victory by my forces against Pasai

29 Aug – I rout the fleeing forces and their last army is gone.

2 Sept – I now control the Spice trade in the world

28 Sept – Another minor province falls. Just one left, a fort, under Pasai’s control.

31 Oct – I assault and take their final province after using my artillery to open up a hole in it

1 Nov – I finish the Spice Trade Mission – I’ll come back later

I just take one, small, minor island holding that gives me a way to Malacca later from them

I take Bintan, a small, minor provinces. We’ll look at it later. I also get some cash from Malacca as well.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 12:54 AM   #52
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Now to hit Pasai hard…

Here let me show you:

This would essentially end Pasai as a threat. It includes the five provinces I have claims on, and three more – Deli, and the two on the west coast. One of those is gold. This would give me 8 provinces, to join the 1 I just took from Malacca. I’d need to take a serious time out for later. But you can see just how definitive this would be, right?

The province I took from Malacca is the green dot to the south of the Malay Peninsula in the Strait of Johor.

Get ready to hold onto your butts:

I spend more than 200 ADM to core these things

All of these are Sunni, Sumatran, ports, tropical, have an autonomy of 75% unless otherwise noted

Jambi – 13 development, jungle with incense, Workshop, Temple, and Regimental Camp here. We get 0.16 of the cash here. Eastern shore, it’s the first in. Next to our island strait at Lingaa.

Lingaa – Island, strait to Jambi. Coastline, 7 development, fisher, 0.04 made here, Shipyard, Temple.

Muko-Muko – west of Jambi and on the southern coast is this jungle, grain farmer province with 7 development making 0.09 with a Farm Estate and workshop.

Pagaruyung -This gold mining jungle province is up the coast from Muko-Muko and has a development of 9, and makes us 0.38 monthly. It is next to Pasai in their Pariaman holding. Muko-Muko features a fort and temple.

Indragiri – This grasslands copper mine makes us 0.04 with its 8 development, and it’s up the coast from Jambi, and down coast from Siak.

Siak – Grasslands and Chinaware are here as this 13 development province is up the coast from Indragiri, and next up is Rokan. Also adjacent to Pasai’s Pariaman. It makes us 0.14. It has a Regimental Camp, Shipyard, Workshop and Temple.

Rokan – It features the same buildings as above. Grasslands with these 10 development fishers. We are sent 0.09 monthly. Down the coast is Siak, up the coast is Deli. And it is next to Pasai at both Pariaman and Batak.

Deli – 11 development, grasslands, Workshop, Temple, and Regimental Camp for the Spice trade here. They send us 0.10 and they are next to two Pasai holdings.

Bintan
– This small island off the coast of Johor has a strait to it. Malayan culture, with a coastline, 7 development, Naval Supplies, makes us 0.03.

Buton – Sulawesi, Animist, 13 development, I order a Marketplace here, island to the south of Sulawesi with a strait to Kendari. Temple and Workshop here. We are made 0.24 cash.

Old 03-31-2018, 09:18 AM   #53
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 December –

Banjar – This colony is on the south coast of Borneo. 13 development, jungle, Ivory trade, Hindu, Filipino, port, 0.81 produced monthly, I order a Workshop here.

1 Jan, 1533 -

27 Jan – Sibu converts

1 Mar –

Temple in Pontianak, Halmahera, Lanao
Workshop in Caraga, Zamboanga, Laguna, Mindoro, Mauritius, Ile Bourbon

1 May – We capture the trade market for Tropical Wood

1 June –

DIP TECH 9 –
Max Colonial range increases, better ships, and I can give the mission circumnavigate the globe.

After I upgrade my Early Carracks to better big ships, I’ll send out my explorer fleet!

1 Oct –

Mahe – Indian Ocean island, with Naval Supplies, Filipino Hindu, 5 dev, makes 0.13 for us. I hand it to my nobility.

I send these colonists to Lesser Namaqualand next to Cape.

1 Nov –

Ilocos
– This province in North west Luzon is a gem producing wonder, and it makes us 0.33 with the 6 development here at the coastal port, tropical hills. Hindu and Filipino as well.

I send the final colonists to the Philippines to the Highlands in the center of the Luzon island, Ifugao,

8 Dec – I send a Missionary to Buton

15 Feb, 1534 – Several provinces are cored.

20 Mar – I fabricate more claims vs Pasai

2 April –

Cape – This Grain farming province is at the Cape of Good Hope, and has a Coastal Center of Trade. It has 16 development, grasslands, 75% autonomy, 0.14 for us, Hindu and Filipino folks here as well.

I order these colonists to the island of Flores here locally.

12 April – The rest of my captures are cores

19 April – I order our fleet to Circumnavigate the Globe!

2 Nov – Buton converts. Next? Lingaa!

Old 03-31-2018, 11:09 AM   #54
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

15 Feb, 1535 – We slay the natives in Lesser Namaqualand

1 July –

Barito – The final Bornean colony is now a city. This spice jungle port features 10 development, Hindu Filipinos and 0.31 made here.

I send the colonists here to East Timor, next to West Timor and with a strait from Flores, and I have been cleaning this area’s natives off.

1 Aug –

MIL TECH 10

I can do better artillery and such

1 Sept – I fabricate claims on Malacca and Pesai holdings

21 Oct – A Penal Colony in Ifugao is set up.

29 Oct – Culture in Lehad Dahtu (Borneo) now Filipino

1 Nov – Disease strikes Makassar and I quarantine everything

2 Feb, 1536 – I fabricate another claim

10 April – Lingaa is no longer Sunni! Next target is the gold mines of Muko-Muko

15 Dec – I see a Portuguese fleet sailing down to Cape, and exploring and then heads back

1 Febm 1537 – Ifugao is also going to be a home for gems

1 June – Our explorer dies and I order it to stop it’s journey and head back home for now. Lesser Namaqualand is a good place for livestock

1 Sept – Flores is also going to be a place for Spices

15 Sept – Muko-Muko converts. Next up will be Bintan

1 Oct - I hire a new explorer

30 Nov – I fabricate a claim on Malacca

Old 03-31-2018, 01:20 PM   #55
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

3 Aug, 1538 – East Timor is great for Coffee

15 Dec – Korea lost a lot more land

16 Feb, 1539 – Ampon is now our culture

1 March –

Temple in Banjar, Katapang, Mindoro, Samar
Workshop in Pontianak, Palawan, Cagayan, Ilocos

10 March – We announce the diplomatic annexation of Luwu is underway!

30 March – Bintan is the latest province to see the light and convert to Hinduism! Next up is Deli

18 July – I pull some colonists from East Timor and send them to South Africa coast, west of Cape.

2 Aug – Our truce with Malacca ends

I fabricate a Malaccan claim

1 Oct – I fabricate another claim on Pesai

18 Nov – I have a recently completed mission for exploration and now have the eastern S. America coast mapped out.

1 February, 1540 –

ADMIN TECH 11 – We can now build Textile Manufactories

As of right now, I am the World’s Production Leader in: Spices, Tropical Wood, Gems, Sugar

We are almost the world’s leader in coffee. I think when East Timor is finished I will be.

14 March – I only see two provinces that are European in South America thus far.

9 Oct – Tidore is now our culture

10 Oct – The next voyage is complete. Next? How about heading to the Caribbean?

Old 03-31-2018, 08:27 PM   #56
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

18 Feb, 1541 – Deli converts

Next up is Rokan

22 Feb – I think this might be the time. The Kutai leader has died without an heir.

15 May – I begin to influence Kutai

I don’t see any movement here in the Antilles or anything else.

24 July – Kutai agrees to be our vassal!

1 Aug

Lesser Namaqualand – Livestock, 3 development, steppes, Arid, port, up the coast from Cape. No value at all.

I send a colonist to Tauranga, the top of New Zealand

1 Oct – Our navigator adviser passes. That’s the one that was giving me +20% colonial range. Next adviser? How about a +10% trade adviser who is level 3 DIP?

1 Feb, 1542 –

Flores – This Spice island is on the south end of Sulawesi and has straits to East Timor and Sumbawa. You can walk from here to the end of the island at Sunda across a number of straits. 11 Develop, 75% autonomy, Filipino and Hindu and we get 0.16 made here.

I send these colonists to West Timor

6 Feb –

We have integrated our vassal fully:

Palopo – Hills, Sulawesi, port, 15 development, spices, Animist, Sulawesi culture, Shipyard and Temple ( I order a Marketplace here). We make 0.40 right now. North of Makassar, and south of three holdings unclaimed here on Sulawesi island

14 Mar -I kill the natives of Tauranga

1 May –

Ifugao - - This highlands province has Gems. I order a Workshop here, and it has 9 development, with 0.74 being made here initially.

3 Sept – Swellendam in South Africa is also grain

1 Dec –

Military TECH 11
– I can build weapons manufactory, and my infantry and Calvary improve

I order a Weapons Manufactory in Indragiri with the copper mines.

17 Dec – Caribbean exploration concluded

23 Dec – Rokan converts and I sent the missionary to Siak

Old 03-31-2018, 10:27 PM   #57
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

13 Feb, 1543 – I send back Religion Ideas as we haven’t used it yet. I go with Admin Ideas. Not something I normally go for, but there is something on this line I am dying for. I have enough tech for almost two Ideas so I wanted something better.

Administrative Idea #1:

-25% Mercenary cost

I also get the next of the Butuan ideas and we get +10% trade.

15 Feb 0 I call a Diet to raise my Kshatriyas estate’s power and infelnece and loyalty. I want to call on them for some help with a few tasks. If you are curious about more from the order.

Kshatriya - Wikipedia

So what I want to do is to increase my tech investment, and I need to have very loyal Kshatriyas to do so.

21 Feb – Rush of Colonists event hits. (It gives you +20 colonial growth for five years per colony).

I order to take advantage of it, I pull back my settlers in West Timor and send them to the Sulwesi holding Kandari – this will connect Buton, Makassar, and Palopo, and thus it’s important just geographically. I order an army here to help clear out the 6000 aggressive and ferocious natives as well.

1 Mar – I fabricate a claim against Malacca

11 May – We kill the natives

Even with 5 colonies, I am still gaining around 5 gold monthly (4.96 to be exact)

I order Buton to change culture to Filipino

1 June – My explorations return to Caribbean to explore the coasts, and as of right now, only Portugal is there, and they only have Cuba. But they have expanded into North Africa. Portugal, Castile, Aragon – all have parts of N. Africa. They appear to be expanding in the Great Sea more than abroad.

All of these amazingly rich Caribbean provinces are there just hanging. Castile now has around 6 or 7 colonies in Brazil.

My race to speed up and fend them off may have been in vain. They may never come at this rate!

I think cutting off South Africa will end this issue though.

1 Aug – I get a Great Shipbuilding Boom Event for the next 10 years, ships are faster and cheaper.

25 Aug – I kill some more natives cleaning up the coast for South African expansion.

I order one of my armies to head to Xhosa here, which has like 5000 natives. I want to clean up all of these provinces at once.

1 Sept – My Kshatriyas give me 100 MIL power after I ask for their military support I can do that just one every 20 years)

1 Nov –

Admin Idea #2 - -25% Core Creation Costs

26 Dec – My Caribbean adventures return. Hispaniola is also in the Portuguese colonial nation, but that’s it. No Antilles, no major nations. I send out another Atlantic exploration.

12 Mar, 1544 – I kill all of the natives in Xhosa

15 April – I kill all of the natives in Natal

14 May – I kill all natives in Mtetwa

1 June – Tauranga is going to be a good place to fish.

18 July – More natives dead.

1 Aug

East Timor – 12 development, grasslands, Coffee is grown here, port, Filipino, Hindu, making 0.63 monthly for our treasury. I order a Workshop here.

I order a Workshop in Flores as well

15 Aug – 7000 more natives fall before our onslaught

29 Aug – All of South African is mostly cleansed.

1 Sept – Religious Rebellion in Siak. Now it’s my operating procedure to always have an army in a place undergoing conversion as it gets uppity, and I have one here too.

9 Sept – Defeated handily.

28 Sept 0 I fabricate another claim on Pasai

12 Dec – Siak converts! Next up is Palopo on Sulawesi Island

Old 04-01-2018, 12:18 AM   #58
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

20 Mar, 1545 – Another exploration mission ends. I order my explorer Fleet to New Zealand where I will launch my expedition.

3 May – In a very low value surprise, West Timor will cultivate Spices for trade.

I pull my colonists off Kandari and send them to South Africa Graaff-Reinet.

15 June – I send my big army from South Africa back to Makassar

1 July – I get a DIP power investment event, which puts me over by almost 100 my target:

DIP TECH 10
– I can build the Flute, War Galleys, and my trade range and trade abilities increase.

12 Sept – Korea is having a major civil war

20 Oct – We fabricate a claim on Malacca

I spend some cash to upgrade ships

1 Dec – Kendari is Incense making

1 jan, 1546 – we expel Pasai spies

I continue to raise Sunda with my Great Nation power

24 Feb – Palopo converts and next is Jambi

I lost my missionary adviser, so the last few will take longer

1 Mar –

I make Cape of Good Hope a state from a territory. I order a Farm Estate in Cape

Swellendam – Coastal, South African, east of Cape, and west of Graaf-Reinet. 77 6 development, steppes, port, grain farming, 0.30 made here,

I give Lesser Namaqualand to the Brahmans

1 April – I now lead the world in the Gem Trade

My ships that were upgraded last year are now ready to go. I send them back out on protection of trade stuff

My next colonial target in next to Sunda on a strait to Tulwengbang

1 July

Admin Idea #3 -
-25% Mercenary maintenance

15 Aug – as expected, now that we are next to Sunda, we have enough to get vassalization from them. They join us!

14 Sept – I send more Influence Nation stuff to Majaphit. They are our last hold out of our allies in the region. Sunda and Kutai are our vassals.

11 Dec – I get a Marriageable Wives Event and West Timor grows by 200

Old 04-01-2018, 08:20 AM   #59
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

15 May, 1457 – We get an change in event as Of Tea and Sugar happens and the prices of both of those goods rise on the market

We are getting the bonuses for being the trading leader for Tropical Wood, Gems, and Spices. We are the production leader of those as well as Coffee and Sugar. We aren’t really close in anything else, not even Incense.

1 July -Tulwengbang is going to be Coffee producing

1 Aug – Graaf-Reinet, also Grain!

We are now leading in trading Sugar.

4 Nov – Our treaty with Pasai ends!

1 Feb, 1458 –

MILITARY TECH 12 – We can get Banner Infantry and bonus tactics. I swap my infantry over.

1 May –

Tauranga – 17 development, Highlands, Fisher Filipino, Hindu, here on New Zealand, 75% autonomy, port, coastal, 0.28 made here. The goal of coming here was to give me a port to use to build up. Below here are four more provinces in the northern island of New Zealand, all with high development but low likelihood for anything valuable.

I begin my next round of explorer missions.

I send this colonist to Bengkulu, also here on Sumatra. It connects Tulangbawang with Muko-Muko and is on the same coast and that.

30 July – I fabricate another Malacaan claim

Time for war. My military has upgraded.

I want to end Pasai permanently. I move my forces up to the island.

5 Sept – I declare war against Pasai

War –

Pasai, Malacca, Kedah

Vs

Butuan, Kutai, Sunda, Majaphit

Kedah is a one-province holding adjacent to Malacca that is their vassal now

15 Oct – The first minor holding in Pasai falls to us

20 Oct – Two more Pasais are ours, and we also capture Johor from Malacca

3 Dec – I am doing two sieges, one in Pasai and another in Malacca. Allies and vassals are joining the offensive

27 Dec - I win a dominant battle against Pasai in the Strait of Johor. They lost 10 ships

9 Feb, 1549 – The fort in Pasai falls to us.

16 Mar – We defeat the Pasai army

18 Apr – We beat them again

1 May – West Timor is now a full province. We’ll look at it later

15 May – Another minor pasai holding falls to us

1 June – Their capital falls. Every Pasai force is now ours

1 July – We defeat the Pasai naval force and capture 3 ships

10 Sept – I can’t get to the Malaccan capital without winning the fort, so I land forces there instead to begin a siege

30 Nov – Jambi converts and next is Indrigiri

1 Dec –

NEXT ADMIN IDEA -.50 interest per annum. We also get the next Butuan idea and our heavy ship combat improves

14 Jan, 1550 – We take the Malaccan capital Melaka

26 Feb – Another minor in Malacca is ours

23 April – The central fort falls.

15 June – Three minors falls

We begin siege of their vassal

19 July – I hire a 3 star gvnt advisor who is a Missionary again.

18 Aug - Every Malaccan holding is ours, and their army and navy dissipated. I offer just Malacca a deal.

I take just Johor and Melaka

I’ll be back to look at everything post-war

11 Oct – I get a great adviser evet and get Dip and Adm power

1 Nov – Bengkulu will be an Ivory province!

8 Dec – We take the capital of Kedah

9 Dec – We force vassalize them to our side

22 Dec – I don’t have enough to take out Pasai in this conflict, but I force a peace.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 04-01-2018 at 08:21 AM.
Old 04-01-2018, 08:33 AM   #60
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I take:

5 of this 6 holdings, just leaving one in the back

MAP

You are defiantly going to need this map!

I went ahead and pulled up Pasai province for you as well, because it was so valuable that it prevented me from taking everything. You can see my mostly captured island here of Sumatra as well. My next war will clearly finish it up. I also am attacking the natives and looking to expand in the final two open holdings here.

You can see my holdings in Malacca as well as their capital, another big name here, one of the biggest. That will denude Malacca of all of their identity and their economic backbone moving forward.

You can also see my current tech advancement. My ADM is done for after coring new stuff and updating the Admin Ideas constantly. But I hit a wall, I maxed my states, so nothing else will grow until I get more states, which is in the Administrative Ideas section, so I am fervently dedicating myself to it.

New STUFF TIME:

West Timor – 12 development, grasslands, port, coastal, tropical, Hindu, Filipino, Spice trade is alive and well here, and we get 0.56 here. I picked up a marketplace and a workshop is underway while the war was undergoing.

I order a marketplace in Flores

All of the following provinces are: Sunni, Sumatran, 75% autonomy, tropical, coast, ports, with a Temple and Workshop, unless I say otherwise

Pariaman – This drylands province features the grain trade, with a Farm Estate, Regimental Camp, 0.17 made from 15 development. This is on the southern coast

Batak - Up the coast from Pariaman is Batak, this incense jungle with 11 development, and a Shipyard, making 0.09 for me.

Gayo - Up the coast from Batak is this Tropical Wood jungle, with 7 development and 0.06 made monthly. Gayo is next to the last province of Lamuri that Pesai has left. Has a fort, and not a Temple.

Peureulak
– This province is up the coast from our old holding of Deli on the northern side. It features a 16 development grasslands with a Shipyard and Regimental Camp joining the spice trade and making us .20.

Pasai – The former capital of Pasai is this power 38 level development oasis with grasslands, a coastal center of trade, spices, Dock, Regimental Camp, Marketplace, and Courtyard. 0.49 is made here.

Over on Malacca

Johor – Chinaware is made here in this Malayan Sunni province with 22 development, grasslands, Shipyards, and 0.18 made here. Note that this culture is not accepted like the Sumatran one is.

Melaka – Ah yes, the city of mystery. Jungle. 37 development. Spices. Center of Trade. Malayan. Marketplace, Barrack, Regimental Camp. 0.37 made here.

I had gone ahead and started my next colony in Xhosa so I wouldn’t have to worry about anything while it took.

Old 04-02-2018, 05:48 PM   #61
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

14 Jan, 1551 – Our explorer finishes his mission to map out much of the rest of the Pacific.

1 Feb –

Kendari –
On the island oF Sulawesi, Incense, 12 development, I order a Workshop here, 0.63 made here, connects Buton and my other two holdings like Makassar. Coastline, port, topical.

I send colonists to Palembang on Sumatra

10 April – We take on the new title of Empire!

This should give me some more states to use.

3 July –

We announce the peaceful annexation of Kutai

1 Aug –

Graaf-Reinet
– This coastal steppes features grain farming, 0.38 made from 7 development, port, etc. All of the usual

I hand it to the nobility

21 Aug – Johor and Melaka are now cores. I order a marketplace in Johor.

Another exploratory mission concluded, and another begins.

1 Dec – All of the Pasai captures are cores

1 Jan, 1552 –

Tulangbawang – The coffee is farmed here and sold by the Filipino Hindu people that feature 10 development, jungle, port, tropical, 0.12, 75% autonomy, and it is on a strait to Sunda.

My next colonists head to Bangka, the island off Sumatra, and connected via a strait to Palembang

22 Feb – Conversion successful and next is Gayo.

1 Mar –

DIP TECH 11 –
i can build wharves and naval equipment manufactories. Our colonial range increases

Now we have some good stuff there. I was saving a bit for it. I order Naval Equipment Manufactories in Pangasinan due to its Salt.

1 May – Our army adviser passes. Anyone I like? I hire a female army reformer.

22 June – I begin to Influence Nation on my new war-made vassal

1 Aug – Xhosa is wool

2 Nov – I pull settlers from Bangka to set up another colony in Sumbawa, next to us in Flores, and it connects Lombok with a strait too

Old 04-02-2018, 06:15 PM   #62
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

3 May, 1553 – Next ADMIN IDEA - +1 possible advisers. When I go to recruit a new adviser, I get one more to choose from.

13 Sept – Here, let me give you a drill down example of one such event that has a lot of detail that I enjoy. Here, let’s take a looksee:

That’s a pretty cool event that shows the tension. If I side with letting it run its course, then for a while, my missionary strength rises, but my brahmins aren’t going to be happy with that either, On the other hand, we’ll help them, but hurt our missionary effort.

This really happened lots of times. Take Bali, the island in the Indies, that is now for its synergy of Hindu with pre-existing mythologies and legends. Bali married them quite happily together and has one of the most unique belief systems as a result. For example, they believe that you are born with four spirits represented as the four physical things of birth (placenta, blood, wax, afterbirth) and these kanda mpat are powerful guides for your life. That’s cool.

I let it run its course. Anything right now to speed up my missionaries will make me a happy abe.

1 Oct – The first of many rebellions begins in Malaka

28 Oct – We defeat it.

1 Nov – Rebellion in Batak.

11 Nov – Defeated

1 Dec – Palembang is going to be Ivory as well.

22 Dec – Gayo converts. Next up is Batak.

25 Dec – Another explorer returns.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 04-02-2018 at 06:16 PM.
Old 04-02-2018, 07:33 PM   #63
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
Here is the new Mission Mechanic for us:

That mission mechanic (in terms of visual display) looks a lot like the whaddycallit screen in the HOI4 Waking The Tiger expansion/dlc/whatever

Carry on, just an idle thought after watching some playthrough videos of that.
Old 04-02-2018, 08:39 PM   #64
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

22 Mar, 1554 – We change the culture of Buton.

1 May – Malacca won a few provinces in war

1 May, 1555 – Our trade adviser passes. Next? I hire a level 3 Navigator with the bonus to colonial range.

11 May – I withdraw my Xhosa colonists and send them to…hmm… with this Navigator I can reach the Caribbean from Cape. I could start a colony in St. Kitts!

1 June – Sumbawa and Bangka are now coffee makers

1 June – Our ruler passes:

Our new ruler:

Kilig 4/3/6, 24 years old, and our investment is currently 13/8/10

We choose to follow Vishnu for the building and rebuilding it offers.

I will be working to get more Royal Marriages. Kilig is unmarried.

14 Aug – Batak converts and my next target looks to be Pasai. Let’s get the big one left while the event lasts that boosts my results

1 Sept – Rebellion in Johor.

22 Sept – No longer in Johor.

2 Jan, 1556 –

Bengkulu –
12 development, Jungle, ivory trade, with coal as a later trade good, coastal, port, tropical, Hindu, Filipino, I order a workshop here, 0.82 made here

Old 04-02-2018, 08:39 PM   #65
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
That mission mechanic (in terms of visual display) looks a lot like the whaddycallit screen in the HOI4 Waking The Tiger expansion/dlc/whatever

Carry on, just an idle thought after watching some playthrough videos of that.

I wouldn;t be surprised if they were taking things that worked from a cool HOI expansion and putting it here.

Old 04-03-2018, 12:06 AM   #66
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Jan, 1557 – I order a bunch of buildings like Workshops and such

3 March – My power projection had dropped below 50, so I insult Ming to send it back above it (you get +1 to all tech advancements when it’s at least 50, and it’s based on your actions and how you handle your power to your rivals and enemies.)

2 Apr – We have now cornered the market on trading Chinaware

1 June

Xhosa – On the south African coast, this 3 dev, Highlands, port, with wool, makes us 0.06 monthly. Xhosa was a miss, you could get gold or gems and such, not this weak wool.

I send my next colonist to Poso on Sulawesi. I want to try and finish much of it.

20 Aug – Fever breaks out in Bangka colony, and we quarantine it

3 Nov – I recall by Sumbawa colonists and send them to Palu, also on Sulawesi

1 Dec -

Admin Idea – Final - -10% Tech costs. We get +5 states for finishing the Admin Ideas, and we get +1 diplomat for the Butuan idea completed.

I enact the Settler Colonization Act that increases our global colonization efforts, which is done by completing both the Admin and Expansion ideas.

With that act passed, our colonial growth is currently 130/year for each colony, plus the bonus for a settler each month of getting bonus growth. That bonus is 28.2% right now.

I remove the colonists from Palembang and send them to Gorontalo, also on Sulawesi.

3 June, 1558 – With six colonies, I am still making 10.7 ducats a month. My colonial maintenance is 40/month. My trade income alone is 42 and enough to cover it.

1 July

Palembang – Ivory traders here in the jungle provide the major resource on this Sumatra landing. 13 development, gives me .71 monthly and I order a Workshop here.

25 Nov – Another explorer groups finishes

28 Dec – Pasai converts, next: Melaka

Old 04-03-2018, 06:46 AM   #67
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Jan, 1559 – I build a few more things in provinces

1 Mar – Poso, in Sulawesi, will be Coffee.

Now that Sulawesi is all under colonization, the map looks pretty.

26 May – I’ve had a few “potential heir” events, one was a daughter I chose to not make my heir because her stats weren;t good and “I wanted a boy” but now I have a choice for an event for a 2/3/2. Bastard. That’s not good. No thanks

4 July – I get a Marriageable Wives for the Palu colony and it grow by 200.

28 July - Mission to exlore finished, and another begins.

1 Aug – Palu is going to be growing Spices for trade

24 Sept – Because our vassal Kedah is the supplier of the consort, we get a bonus relations event for them because of how beloved the Queen is.

2 Oct – Rebellion in Johor…

15 Oct -….no longer

1 Dec – Gorontalo, also on Sulawesi, is going to be incense making.

10 Feb, 1560 – I build a few things here and there. Workshop on Palembang and such.

1 April

Sumbawa – This island grows Coffee, 8 development, grasslands, 75% autonomy, Hindu, Filipino, tropical, port, 0.06 made here, strait to Lombok to our west and east to Flores.

I order some troops to various places to begin to clean up.

There are only 6 islands or island groups left in the Indies unclaimed –

Lombok
Yamdena
Sula
Buru
Sumba
Maybe Aru, but it’s close to New Guinea, not sure if it counts or not
There are a few islands and island groups in the Indian ocean or far side that I also will bring in.

I am going to clock in the islands on the outside – the first is Mentawai, right by Sumatra

18 June – I take out the natives here. I’m hitting other nearby islands to clear them up while working here.

30 Oct – We have a new heir born 1/4/4

Old 04-03-2018, 11:09 AM   #68
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

13 Feb, 1561 – More stuff is built

1 Mar – Manado on Sulawesi is now going to be making Chinaware

We convert Melaka, and that’s big. Next target to bring under the wise umbrella of Hinduism? Johor

15 Mar – Majaphit is undergoing a civil war, rebels are breaking out all over.

1 June – We are now the world’s leader in trading incense

I am sending gifts and sending subsidies and influencing the nation and more to help our allies in their major war.

22 June - I get a big “Cantonese Perfume” event, I push it, and take more than 500 gold coins, improved relations with Ming, they get bonuses to their trade in their COT, and more

8 July – I enter into a Royal Marriage with Ceylon

Another mission of exploration is completed, and that is ongoing

1 Sept – We are now the world’s leader in the Tea Trade.

Now, just as an example, what do these world leader trades mean in real game terms?

Great question.

Here are my current Trade Leaders and what the results are:

Spices - +25% Spy Network Creation
Coffee - +5% Institution Spread
Sugar – Cost of War Exhaustion Reduction Halved
Gems - -0.5 Inflation annually
Incense - +0.5 tolerance of the true faith
Tea - -10% Adviser Cost
Chinaware - +0.5 Annual Legitimacy
Tropical Wood - -5% Construction Costs

And when we get Ivory, +2 Diplomatic Reputation

And each trade good has that. The best are some of the weaker. Trade leader for Naval Supplies? You get +20% Naval forcelimit. Wool gets you -5% cost reduction for building ships. Wine gets you -1% national unrest. You get the idea.

1 Oct –

Palu – On Sulawesi, north of our previous holdings of Palopo. Spices here in this 9 development, coastline, tropical port, making us 0.51. I order a Marketplace here.

Bangka – This island is off Sumatra, and has a strait to Palembang. 7 development, coastline, Coffee trade, making us 0.25 here, port, tropical, etc. I order a Marketplace here too.

I send colonists to the island chain just off the coast of Sumatra – Nias.

I send other colonists to Sumba

15 Oct – I am trying to take out some of Majaphit’s rebels, but it’s rough.

1 Jan, 1562 –

DIP TECH 12 – Naval Morale increase +0.40

22 Jan -Our explorer passes! I hire another and get ready when the fleet returns

1 Mar – Rebels have broken Majaphit after capturing its capital.

The new government breaks the alliance. Apparently the new government doesn’t like that we are allies.

10 April - They break off the Royal Marriage

I send a spy network to start and I revoke my guarantee. Well, I wanted this peacefully, but I’m not ashamed to fight either

11 June – I cancel my subsidies to them

I send out a mission to Circumscribe the Globe

1 Nov – Mentawai is Coffee farming!

15 Nov – Another successful conversion. Next target? Pagarnyung

Old 04-03-2018, 04:39 PM   #69
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Jan, 1563 – I fabricate a claim on Demak, the capital of Majaphit

14 Jan – Next colonists to Yamdena

1 Feb –

MILITARY TECH 13 – I can upgrade my cannons.

Sumba is going to be Incense harvesting

1 Apr – Tea in Nias

15 May – Another conversion to Hinduism! Next is Pariaman

1 July – Kutai is now integrated into our society!

They all have 60% autonomy, Hindu, and Bornean

Jesselton – Jungle, fort, temple, workshop, border, coast, Bornean culture, Hindu, 13 development, 0.89 monthly, from the Spice trade

Tarakan
– Bornean, Hindu, grasslands, Fish, 7 development, 0.10 made here, coastal, port

Bulungan – Internal, jungle, Tropical Wood is harvested here for 11 development, 0.18, with the key three buildings (Workshop, Marketplace, Temple)

Berau – Fishing is the trade in this coastal, port, jungle, with 9 development and 0.11 made.Workshop here too

Kutai – Jungle, fishing, port, 21 development, 0.51 made here, Shipyard and key three buildings here,

Samarinda – Jungle, port, 23 development, Spices, key three buildings, 0.60 made, Shipyard,

9000 troops, 14 vessels which I upgrade

I hand Tarakan to my kshatriyas.

17 July – I fabricate another claim

1 October –

Gorontalo – 6 development, coastline, Sulawesi, Incense, port, 0.38 made monthly

I recall the Sumba colonists and send them to Buru

9 Dec – Just one of our 12 ships we sent out limps into New Zealand after leaving Africa. We lost. Just one survived. I suspect they will berth here until healed, and then finish the mission.

1 Aug, 1564

Manado – 10 development, coastal, port, tropical, Hindu, Filipino, final holding on Sulawesi, Chinaware trade, I order a Temple here, they are making 0.35 for the cause

1 Oct – Tons of stuff happens today. We are losing CBs and claims for Pasai and Malacca and I will have to regain them. Yamdena will be Incense too. Our missionary succeeded and the next target is Puereulak, the last non-Hindu province in our domain!

1 Nov – We announce the peaceful annexation of Sunda has begun

I claim another province of Majaphit for the glory of our empire!

Old 04-03-2018, 09:07 PM   #70
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

11 No, 1564 –

120 YEAR REVIEW

I am making 50 gold a month with 3 star advisers and a ton of colonies. Remember when I struggled like 15 or 20 years to save 2000 gold for that mission? Now my profit is 600/year after expenses! I can’t spend it fast enough.

Here muh nation

Here’s my nation, all nicely laid out for you. My vassals are Sunda and Kedah, on the Malay peninsula behind Malacca. Sunda is integrating right now. I have no allies that aren’t my vassals after Majaphit’s government broke and they changed leaders and government type. Also note my massive gold, and I am about to get the next level of admin tech. Note that I haven’t embraced any institutions as none have arrived, we haven’t even embraced Renaissance, lot alone later ones like the Printing Press. So my tech and other development has languished.

I currently have 5 colonies, all here in the Indies and on this map somewhere. I want to finish here before heading out. In order to finish this map, all I need are a few islands, take out Majaphit, Pasai, Malacca, and annex Sunda. And that will be it.

Let’s do some zoomed out maps as well, starting with Africa:

Here is Southern Africa, with our three islands to the east, Mauritius, Ile Bourbon, and Mahe. You’ll note the lack of action here. I want to eventually close the rest of the coast to the east as well and eventually inland. Note that Spain is in St. Helena and building it up, and Portugal in Fernando Po to the north off the coast, but otherwise? Nothing.

Here are the only places in the America’s I’ve found with Europe. Spanish Brazil, and Portuguese Caribbean, and England has just started in the coast up there. And, again, taking the Caribbean would be funny, but that’s too far to matter. No sense fighting there. I can go anywhere.

Old 04-03-2018, 09:17 PM   #71
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

After Ming, we have the 2nd best income in the world (we know of all major competitors to the title, like Russia, England, Spain, Ottomans, etc)

We are the most developed country in the world. After all, our colonies start at high development, and those we have brought is have been so as well. When your tech growth is stunted, I have been spending DIP/MIL/ADM power here and there is key provinces to improve their development, as has everyone else. Well, that has clearly paid off. We have 1328 and the Ottomans 2nd with 1288 ,and Ming close behind at 1241.

Our techs are top for Asia, but well behind Europe

We have finished 21 Ideas, the most, tied with three others who completed every Group of Ideas they had thus far

Our Top Ten by Taxes:

Pasai – 30.55
Melaka – 18.55
Manila – 16.50
Cape – 16.50
Butuan – 16.20
Laguna – 15.75
Makassar – 14.60
Zamboagna – 13.60
Tidore – 13.20
Caraga – 12.70

Our Top Ten by Production (Not including Gold):

Ternate – 32.85
Tidore – 25.87
Indragiri – 24.57
Mindoro – 16.84
Ilcos – 16.84
Butuan – 16.84
Manila – 16.38
Palawan – 15.79
Brunei – 15.16
Sulu – 14.74 (TIED)
Kuching – 14.74

Centers of Trade I physically own – Malacca, Cape
Coastal Centers of Trade by Only Me – Philippines,

Top Ten Developed Provinces in the World

Constantinople
Paris
Hanseug (Korea)
Pasai
Kahire (Ottomans)
Mandu (Gujarat)
Beijing
Qom
Samarkhand
Melaka

We have two in the top ten.

We have 90 provinces

Our 71k troops are the 3rd largest army in the world, after the Ottomans and Ming. We have a forcelimit of 130k

Our 96 ships is the 2nd largest navy after the Ottomans. We have the largest forcelimit by far at 198

Centers of Trade:

The number we know of, from Venice to Constantinople to Lisboa to Zanzibar and Cape and Goa. So, given that, where are the ones we use ranked?

Malacca – 9th most stuff traded
The Moluccas – 22nd most stuff traded
Philippines – 15th most

So not amazing, but not as bad as all that either

Current Price of Trade Goods:

5.25 - Paper

5.0 - Gems

4.5 – Copper

4.0 – Dyes, Cocoa, Silk, Ivory

3.75 - Sugar
3.6 – Cloth

3.0 – Glass, Iron, Tea, Spices, Salt, Slaves, Chinaware, Cotton, Coffee

2.75 – Incense

2.50 – Livestock, Wine

2.25 – Fish

2.0 – Wool, Grain, Naval Supplies, Tropical Woods, Fur

And there you go!

We are the Production Leader for:

Spices – 61% of the world’s Spices are made by us
Incense – 26% of the world’s supply of this is made by us
Ivory – 21% of the world’s supply of this is made by us
Sugar – 33% of the world’s supply of this is made by us
Tropical Wood – 29% of the world’s supply of this is made by us
Coffee – 52% of the world’s supply of this is made by us
Gems – 27% of the world’s supply of this is made by us

We are the Trade Leader for:

Chinaware – 27% of the world’s supply of this is traded by us
Spices – 40% of the world’s supply of this is traded by us
Tea – 28% of the world’s supply of this is traded by us
Gems – 24% of the world’s supply of this is traded by us
Incense – 26% of the world’s supply of this is traded by us
Tropical Wood – 37% of the world’s supply of this is traded by us
Sugar – 19% of the world’s supply of this is traded by us
Coffee – 30% of the world’s supply of this is traded by us

We trade the most Ivory, but are not the trade leader. Ditto Copper.

We are the 5th ranked Great Power, with this order:

1 Ottomans
2 Russia
3 Ming
4 France
5 Butuan
6 Spain
7 Poland
8 England

Alright, let’s get this thang moving again!

As a reminder, these are the remaining targets for colonization around me – The Andamans, Christmas Island, Sula, Cocos Island, Aru, and then we’re in New Guinea or Taiwan or the Pacific islands or more heavily into the Indian Ocean

I recall colonists from Nias and send them to Natal in South Africa.

Old 04-03-2018, 10:46 PM   #72
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Jan, 1565 – The true with Malacca ends. We can now declare war with them

1 Feb –

ADMIN TECH 12 –
We can change to Admin Monarchy, and get +3 states

Do I want that government form?

Yea, I do , I get bonuses to production and taxes rather than to forcelimits and such

We are now an Administrative Monarchy

1 June –

Mentawai – This chain of coffee making islands is off the far coast of Sumatra, with a development of 5, port, coastline, etc. They make 0.34 for us.

Next target is Sula

15 July – I embrace the Renaissance!

1 Dec – Spices in Buru

1 Jan, 1566 -Our truce with Pasai ends

I fabricate a claim on their last province

1 Mar – Our army adviser passes. Who next? I hire a guy who will help increase our manpower by 10%

6 Mar – I have great news! The last province here under our control has seen the light and converted to the great Hindu faith!

20 Mar – Our treaty with Majaphit is over

1 April –

Sumba – 6 development, coastline, island, port, making 0.40 from Incense trading,

I pull colonists from Sula and send them to Aru

19 Apr – I fabricate a claim on Malacca

1 July 0 I fabricate a claim on Majaphit

8 July – I recall colonists from Yamdena and send them to South Africa in Mtetwa

I prepare for war against Majaphit

1 Sept –

Nias – This Tea island chain is also south of Sumatra, with 4 development, 0.22 made here, Hindu, port, coastline, etc. I order a Marketplace here.

Old 04-04-2018, 06:43 AM   #73
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

8 Oct – I am surrounding Majaphit with navies in every space and four armies. They have 14k troops, I have 59k around the nation. They have 9 ships. I have more than double that in each navy.

12 Nov – I declare war for Majaphit’s capital of Demak

28 Dec – We take a minor province

2 Jan, 1567 – I take Bali

4 Jan – I defeat their main army

16 Mar – After chasing them I rout their army

26 Mar – Demak falls

1 Apr – Natal is Grain

15 Apr – Another minor is ours

19 Apr – And another

28 Apr – Another
19 June – We take Surabaya

1 July – We take the last holding

13 July – We defeat their navy

Here’s the peace treaty I’m looking at:

This leaves them the island of Bali and two holdings on the island of Java. We get the good stuff. And Madura, which is crappy, but I had the warscore left to do so.

Let’s do it. All of these are Hindu, 75% autonomy, ports, tropical, and Javanese culture

I have ordered cores:

Madura – Island off the coast, 5 development, coastline, strait to Surabaya, has Shipyard and Workshop, tropical wood, makes 0.05.

Kendal – next to Sunda, westernmost of those we took. Grasslands, Naval Supplies, 14 development, no buildings, 0.02 made here.

Demak – Next down the line in Demak, the target of my war. Grasslands, 19 development, Cotton is grown here, big three and Ship Yard are here. 0.29 made here monthly.

Surabaya – The most valuable of the places we just took. 31 development, Grasslands, Cotton, big three, Shipyard, Regimental Camp. 0.42 made here.

Kediri - On the south coast by Majaphit is Kediri, jungle, fish, Shipyard, temple, 6 development, 0.07 made here

Blambangan – The final of our new captures is this little old thang. Jungle, 22 development, Cotton, big three, Regimental Camp, 0.38 made here

You can see the three Cotton holdings are interesting and very well developed.

Old 04-04-2018, 05:38 PM   #74
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Oct - One of my advisers passed, the Inquisitor. I hire a level three Artist to replace her.

1 Dec –

Yamdena – This island features 10 development, incense trade, coastline, 0.57 made here after I elevate it to statehood, and I order a Workshop here.

Next target is – Christmas Island

6 Dec – I fabricate a claim on Majaphit

1 Jan, 1568 – I order some buildings built

1 May – Sula will be Tropical Wood. Sad

3 June – I pull some colonists and send them deeper into the Indian Ocean at Hollhavi, south of the Maldives

1 Aug – Aru is also Incense

26 Aug – All of our new holdings are now fully cored and ready to go.

1 Dec -I claim a province in Malacca

4 Jan 1569 – I order the Dock destroyed and a Navel Equipment Manufactory in Kutai.

1 Feb – Mtetwa will be Tropical Wood over on the African Coast

18 Aug – We finish the Circumnavigation of the World with the one vessel, after initially losing 11 of 12 vessels. We get an event with a lot of good stuff, like naval tradition, power, prestige and such

9 Jan, 1570 – A few more things are built, ,not that many. My 7th active colony slows me down a bit elsewhere. My surplus is now around 24 gold monthly. ��

14 Mar - fabricate another claim on Majaphit

1 Oct –

Natal – On the South African Coast, this 3 development jungle harvesting local grains just makes 0.03 for us monthly with 75% autonomy. It’s only taken for strategic purposes.

I send these colonists to Matsolo, another coastal holding here

Old 04-04-2018, 07:27 PM   #75
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

14 Jan, 1571 – A few marketplaces are built

I order a Naval Equipment Manufactory in Kendal and Kediri

1 Feb –

Buru – One of the final islands here left, Buru is a spice island, and I order a Marketplace here, 7 development, coastline, port, with 0.52 made here monthly for us.

My last internal target is Lombok, beside Bali and Majaphit. I have one of my armies holding out there so I’ll make it my next target.

1 May – We get news that our colony in Hollhavai is good for growing and harvesting Tea.

1 Oct – Christmas Island will be Naval Supplies, another swing and miss. Could have been Spices, Tea, Coffee, etc. Or could have been Fish, which is better.

1 Nov, 1572 –

Mtetwa – Tropical Wood is the economy of choice for this 75% autonomy, 3 devl, jungle, coastal, South Africa.

I send these colonists to Inhambane, the final unclaimed province here, which is next to Zimbabwe.

1 Jan, 1573 –

MIL TECH 14 – We can build Bastions, and better cavalry

1 June –

Aru – This low value island has just a 3 development, I order a marketplace here, Incense, makes 0.28, coastline.

Next target is Cocos Island in the Indian Ocean

1 July- Matsolo is Gems but Lombok just Incense

I fabricate a claim on Bali, and now have all of the Majaphit provinces under our claim

1 Aug –

Sula – 6 development, coastline, island, port, etc. 0.30 made in harvesting Tropical Wood.

15 Sept – Our explorer passes

Old 04-04-2018, 09:14 PM   #76
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Jan, 1574 – I hire a new explorer and send out my fleet to keep exploring the world

1 Feb –

ADMIN 13
– Bonus Production

England has moved heavily into Western Africa. HEAVILY.

Here let me show you real quick

Here you go. I zoomed out so you can see most of modern Africa. See all of that red on the coast and going internal? That’s all England. You can see where I’ve locked out South Africa as a place for them to go. I’ll need to take the Comoros Islands off Madagascar next just to end that threat as well.

I pull my colonists off Cocos Island and send them to Comoros. I also order an army to Comoros because they have 4000 angry natives I need to take out.

13 Oct – I have a “Great Adviser” event. These trigger when you have a 3 star adviser who is giving you three tech investment/month in that tech. I get a bunch of bonus ADM, money, and prestige

3 Nov – Our heir has come of age and gained the trait – Charismatic Negotiator

27 Nov – Natives killed in Comoros

1 June, 1575

Hollhavai – This Tea making province is an island in the north central Indian Ocean south of India and The Maldives. Just 4 development, Hindu, Filipino, 0.16 made here, and I order a marketplace made here.

1 Aug – Inhambane is going to be a GOLD province!

15 Aug – I remove Ming as my Rival.

I revoke my embargo of their trade goods

7 Sept – Another explorer mission returns

Old 04-04-2018, 10:02 PM   #77
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Feb, 1576 – We complete a mission to get 20 Manufactories. I gain 3500 ducats, and +10% production efficiency for 25 years

1 April – Cocos Island is also Naval Supplies

11 April – After buttering them up, we enter a Royal Marriage with Ming. I wanted to remove them as a threat for war. And now I’ll feel more comfortable taking Taiwan

15 May – Ming have removed us as their rival

They request military access, which I willingly grant

2 June –

Matsolo - This Gems trading province in Africa just has 10 dev, but jungles, initially 0.75 autonomy, and I order a marketplace here. Coastal, port, very wealthy, and I move Natal region to a state, and we are now getting 1.06 monthly, and I send Natal province to my kshatriya. I will be invested in Matsolo.

There is an inland province here, and it has a very good chance of gold, or gems, so I am going to send colonists, although a low development. I send these colonists to Limpopo.

I order us to being to Influence the African Nation next to us here, Maravi.

12 June – Another Mission for exploration begins

6 July – I recall my colonists from Comoros and send them to The Andamans

1 Aug –

Christmas Island – Naval Supplies, 4 development, island in the Indian Ocean, coastline, port, gets us 0.19. I order a Naval Equipment Manufactory here.

28 Aug- I fabricate a claim on another Malay province on the peninsula that is behind Malacca

4 Nov, 1577 – It’s quiet. I decide to prepare for war, I’m bored

1 Dec – Comoros is going to be a Fishing province

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 04-04-2018 at 10:02 PM.
Old 04-04-2018, 11:50 PM   #78
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Mar, 1578 – More explorers head out

I recall colonists from The Andamans and send them to Kirikiroa in New Zealand

1 April –

Lombok – 6 dev, incense, 75% autonomy, 0.05 made, I order a Marketplace

ADMIN TECH 14
– I can build plantations and get another group of ideas,

1 May – My military adviser passes and I hire a new one

25 July –

I declare war on Pasai

I declare Malacca a co-belligerent

5 Aug – I have won two minor naval skirmishes

23 Aug – I defeat the Pasai army in their only remaining province

9 Sept – I capture a minor province

1 Nov – I defeat their army again

17 – Nov – I rout the Pasai army

23 Nov – An army of mine slipped behind their lines into the nation of Ligor, where I claimed that province a while ago

1 Dec – Inhambane is a province, and The Andamans is rocking spices. Limpopo gold.

I send more colonists to New Zealand

19 Dec – The Pasai capital is ours

28 Dec – I take the fort of Panhang from Malacca

1 Jan, 1579 – We win a big naval battle against the Pasai navy and capture two transports

26 – I lose the battle of Panhang and they combine forces against my army

5 April – I combined two other armies and moved up into Malacca, and am besieging their capital

24 April – I ordered an assault and captured the capital

1 July – We take the capital of Ligor.

13 July – I defeat the Ligor navy

11 Aug – I take the other province of Ligor

12 Aug – I take Ligor’s capital, force them to give me War reparations. I could have taken the last province, but I had no claim on it, and it would have caused my badboy to skyrocket,

15 Aug – I remove Pasai from the map, and force Malacca into one province left in South East Asia, and remove them from the area.

Old 04-04-2018, 11:58 PM   #79
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

It’s a pretty looking map.

So pretty!

We brought in the last province in Sumatra, as well as all of Malacca, and a random Malay province deeper in. The only provinces and nations left are to annex our two vassals, and then war and bring in Majaphit

Provinces:

All of these are Sunni, all but the Pasai one is Malayan culture, cores ordered for them all, all are ports and tropical too.

Lamuri –
the Final province on Sumatra is this grasslands spice province with the big three economic buildings and a Shipyard. It has a development of 15 and makes us 0.94 monthly. Sumatran culture

Pahang – Jungle, the fort we fought over a few times, tropical wood, 6 development, 00.09 made here

Selangor
– Jungle, Grain farmers here, 11 development, makes 0.23 for us. Nothing else here, no buildings or anything else

Perak – 28 development, Jungle, copper mines, 1.30 made here, Big Three, Shipyard,

Kelantan – Jungle, 7 development, Naval Supplies, 0.12 made here.

Pattani – Grasslands, 17 development, Tropical Wood, 0.22 made here, Shipyard, Temple, Workshop

Negara Sri Dharmaraj –
This is the last of the Malacca ones we took – Grasslands, Tropical Wood, 12 development, no buildings, 0.10 made here

Tanjung Salang – The former capital from Ligor we took, grasslands, Fishing, 21 development, Big Three, Shipyard

Expect me to add Manufactories here like Naval Equipment, Weapons, etc.

Inhambane – 11 development, Jungle, Gold Mines, 75% autonomy,

Old 04-05-2018, 07:09 AM   #80
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

24 Feb, 1580 – I order Plantations for my three Cotton provinces on Java Island.

Plantations are the manufactory for Cotton, Tobacco, Coffee, Tea, Sugar, Cocoa,

I order Plantations:

Sugar in Buglas

Tea in Cagayan

Coffee in Caraga, East Timor, Ampon, Belitung, Ceram

I take Naval Ideas and purchase:

Naval #1 –
Naval Leader Shock increases

8 Mar – Another explorer mission begins

1 April – Livestock in New Zealand

18 Aug – 5 of my holdings are cored. I send a Missionary to Lamuri. I order a Weapons Manufactory in Perak

I hand Pahang away to my folks

16 Sept – The others are cored

1 Nov –

Comoros – This mild island chain has 4 development, fishing, makes us 0.05 monthly.

I pull my two New Zealand colonists and send both to Taiwan. There are three provinces on Taiwan

The literal 101 gold I am getting monthly after expenses needs to be excised with colonies!

1 Feb, 1581-

Cocos Island – 4 development, Tropical Wood, Indian Ocean island, port, yadda, making us 0.05 monthly

25 May – Another exploratory mission embarks

1 Sept – Rebellion in Perak. It’s 22k rebels, but I have 26k in Melaka I send over

2 Oct - Defeated

1 Nov –

Limpopo – 3 development, Gold mines, savannah, and they make us 1.54 monthly from the gold mines and such. Like Inhambane, it’s next to the local African power, and I’ve been making nice with it and Raising as a Nation

Old 04-05-2018, 07:48 AM   #81
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Feb, 1582 – We are now leading the trading in Ivory

1 Mar – Wool in New Zealand

1 April –

Dip Tech 13 – I can build a new ship type, the Brig, a conveying vesseling. I order my transports upgraded

19 April – I get an Copper Trade event and get 50 MIL power…

Naval Idea 2
– Improved rams – Better combat ability from galleys

1 May – Rebellion in Perak. I have a local army here more than sufficient to the cause.

13 May Put down

30 May – My truce with Majaphit ends

15 June – I get an event and Palembang has turned back to Sunni

5 August – Lamuri converts. Next is Pahang

19 Aug – Another exploration envoy heads out

1 Oct – My middle province in Taiwan, Middag, will be a good place to find and sell Salt

21 Jan, 1583 – Ming announces the Ottomans as their major rival now

1 Feb – The southern province of Taiwan, Sakam, is going to make Chinaware

We annex Sunda!

Banten – 26 development, Grasslands, Spices, Big Three, Shipyard, 1.28 made here for us

Kalapa –
Grasslands as well, 18 dev, Spices, 0.88 made here, Big Three

Cirebon – Spices, Grasslands, 21 development, Big Three, Courthouse, Shipyard, 1.06 made here

Pakunan –
Spices, grasslands, 22 development, 0.91, Big Three, Shipyard, Regimental Camp

Kawali – 9 dev, jungle, Tropical Wood, 0.39, level 2 fort, Temple

12k army, and 12 ships

I prepare for war against Majaphit

1 May – I influence nation on Portugal

11 Aug – I have maxed relations with England and Portugal

13 Aug – I declare war on Majaphit

25 Aug - I capture a heavy vessel in naval victory

6 Sept – I defeat their main army in their capital

17 Sept – Army routed

11 Oct – We capture Bali

22 Oct – We capture Pahang

1 Dec

The Andamans – Spices here in this 3 dev island chain. 75% autonomy, just 0.04 made here

Old 04-05-2018, 04:43 PM   #82
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Mar, 1584 – The northern province on Taiwan is livestock

29 Mar – Their capital falls

31 Mar – I remove Majaphit from the map, and order cores:

Bali – This island features cloth making, 17 development, grasslands, Workshop, temple, and 75% autonomy, so just 0.22 made here

Pajang – This Grasslands grain province has a Farm Estate, the Big three, 13 development, and makes 0.64 for us already although just a Workshop is here

Karta – Grasslands, 24 dev, spices, 2.38 made here, Big Three, Regimental Camp

1 April – Pahang converts. Next is Terenggaranu

1 May –

Kirikikriroa – Livestock, 10 dev, coastal, New Zealand, 75% autonomy, 0.16 made here for us

I pull all three of my colonists from Taiwan and send them to:

Taranaki, New Zealand
Whangarei, New Zealand

Tuamotu Islands, Pacific

15 Aug – We embrace Colonialism!

1 Sept – With reduced tech costs:

Admin 15 – We can use Forced March to close more quickly with military units

17 Nov – Another exploratory voyage heads out!

Old 04-05-2018, 06:22 PM   #83
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

9 Mar, 1585 – I have an odd event for owning the Coffee Trade and get 3600 cash, but the Price of Coffee is going to drop heavily as Coffee is disseminated around the world. And the higher-that-average number of Coffee places in our colonies is about to come back,, as Coffee is going to drop worldwide by 40% of it’s value

1 April – The three holdings I took from Majaphit are now cored

I order a Textile Manufactory in Bali

So Coffee has dropped to 1.8 value on the market, and this has hurt my economy.

I will use my blood money to put things everywhere.

Manufactories:

Plantation in Bangka, Mentawi, etc.

1 June – I gain the Trading in Cotton event

1 Aug – We announce the peaceful integration of Kedah into our nation is underway

5 Oct – I begin to create a Spy Network in Dai Viet. They have five Malay culture provinces on the coast I would like to bring under the great Malaysian fold.

1 Nov – Naval Ideas #3.

21 Dec – Terenggan converts and next I send my Missionary to Perak, which will take the longest of the various new accoutrements.

1 Feb, 1586 – Taranaki will be a Fishing province

1 Mar, We enter a Royal Marriage with Hsenwi, a rival of Dai Viet

15 April – Another exploratory mission heads out

1 May –

Ahuriri – New Zealand, 10 development, grasslands, port, Wool traders, 75% autonomy, 0.15 made here.

31 May – We enter an alliance with Hsenwi

1 June – The Tiamotu Islands in the Pacific are going to be a good place for Naval Supplies

1 July – Whangarei is going to be Livestock

Middag –
The central, Highlands, province of Taiwan, with 7 development and Salt. 0.11 made here from 75% autonomy

24 Oct – Kedah is ours!

Kedah – Sunni, Malaysian, Port, Grain, 21 Development, Big Three, I order Farm Estate here. 0.53 made here.

I order a Farm Estate in Kedah

1 Nov –

Sakam – The Southern holding on Taiwan features Chinaware and 12 development, grasslands, and 75% autonomy with just 0.22 added to our coffers monthly.

I need more colonial targets. I pull my three colonists from New Zealand and the Pacific to:

Eora – Australia

Manokwari – Papua

Great Karoo – South Africa

Old 04-05-2018, 10:35 PM   #84
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

7 Jan, 1587 – I take on the Foreign Debt of Portugal

24 May – Another explorer heads out

1 Nov –

Kelang
– North Taiwan, 75% autonomy, highlands, livestock, 7 development, 0.11 made, I order a Farm Estate

1 Feb, 1588 –

ADM TECH 16
– More Production Tech, can now build Mill manufactory

I have around 20k

I order Mills at:

Tropical Wood – Pattani, Negara Sri Dharmajj, Gayo, Kawali, Madura, Bulungan

Gems – Kuching, Butuan, Cebu, Mindoro, Ifulgo, Ilocos, Matsolo

Chinaware – Johor, Siak, Manado, Manila

I am not putting them everywhere, because I have another place I am going to need them…

1 June – Manokwari – Incense

21 July 0 I have killed all natives on the many Papuan holdings here

16 Sept – Another exploration mission heads out

1 Nov – Because of our upgrade to Colonialism, our tech penalties dropped considerably, and now I only needed 680 or so for this next tech.

DIP TECH 14 –

Can build Galleass ships and Trade Stations.

What are Trade Stations for? Furs, Spices, Ivory, Slaves, and Incense.

I start:

Ivory: Palembang, Bangkulu, Bandjar,

Spices – Tondo, Brunei, Makassar, Karta, Melaka, Pasai, Samarinda, West Timor, Maguindanao

Incense – Jambi

Right now I am making around 105 gold a month. Can you imagine in 5 years after all of these Manufactories that double the trade good in my province are going to be?

3 Nov – Ming is broken by rebels

1 Dec – Dai Viet is at war, so I get my forces ready for war. I have been fabricating some claims.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 04-05-2018 at 10:35 PM.
Old 04-05-2018, 11:59 PM   #85
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

9 Jan, 1589 – We convert Perak. Next? Kelantan

13 Jan – I declare war on Dai Viet to free my fellow Malay people.

27 Jan – I win a minor naval skirmish

26 April – I take a minor province

1 June – Great Karoo is going to sell Slaves

10 June – Another minor under our control

20 July – I lose a battle against them and their allies

22 July – Another minor province falls

1 Aug – Another minor province falls to us

16 Aug – I defeat one of their armies

31 Aug – Another minor is ours

22 Sept – Another Minor

1 Oct – Eroa in Australia is Incense

15 Oct – Another minor is ours

1 Dec – Taranaki is a full holding

6 Dec – We capture one of their forts

18 Dec – I combine two armies and rout their army

25 Dec - Our ally has taken their capital.

30 Dec – We defeat their main navy

31 Dec – We take the 5 Cham provinces, and force them to release two nations – Annam and Tonkin

You can see my five new acquisitions here in SE Asia, historically the region known as Champa.

They are all Cham culture, 75% autonomy, and Mahayana Buddhist faith.

Panduranga
- This coastal, port, fishing province is the southernmost of the group, with 10 development and 0.07 being made there. Nothing is built here in the Savannah

Kauthara - Up the coast from Panduranga is Kauthara, another Savannah, this time with a 5 development, Incense, and just 0.05 made here.

Vijaya – Up the coast from Kauthara is this Savannah coastal, port with a level 2 Castle, Tropical Wood, 13 development, and 0.13 made for us

Indrapura – Up the coast from Vijaya are the hills of this port, that also have Incense. 0.09 is made from the 10 development here.

Tay Nguyen - Inland is the 7 development Jungle with Tea and 0.06 made. I order a Marketplace

As you can see, low value, nothing really of note here. That’s pretty much SE Asia for you, lower quality lands you invest too much into to make work.

Now there is a secret reason that I took them as well, that I hope to unveil in a moment. Right now, the option has not triggered, but I hope it will after I have finished coring the provinces

Taranaki – New Zealand, 8 development, woods, fishing, 75% autonomy, 0.12 made here.

Old 04-06-2018, 07:22 AM   #86
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

15 Feb, 1590 –

I pull back colonists from Marawaki and send them to Papua at Fak-Fak next door

1 Mar – I lose our Army Adviser and hire a new level 3 one.

Naval Tech 4 – More prestige and naval tradition from winning naval battles

2 Mar – Trade Station ordered in Bikol, Leyte, Jesselton, Sibu, Pontianak

16 June – Kelantan converts, and next is Tanjung Salang

1 July –

Whangarei – 11 development, grasslands, port, New Zealand, etc.

This forms a colonial nation I am calling it Zealand of the Pines. It takes over for me, administratively. It removes the autonomy issue and basically becomes a vassal in there.

Next colonial target – Asmat, next to Fak-Fak on Papua.

My next colonial targets are to finish Papua, and then to get the three holdings on the southern island of New Zealand, and then move elsewhere.

3 September –

Check 1 - I have unified all provinces in my Culture Group under my Banner
Check 2 – I have converted at least 10 provinces
Check 3 – I have cornered the market on either Spice, Gems, or Tea
Check 4 – I have not created 5 Colonial Nations
Check 5 – I have not completed either the Religious or Humanist Idea group
Check 6 – I have not Joined the Reformation
Check 7 – I have not force converted a nation in peace talks

During an Age, if you can complete three of these 7 tasks, then if you want, you can engage in a Golden Era that lasts 50 years. It is a one-time thing. The benefits are considerable – Bonuses to army and navy morale, prestige, reduced tech and idea costs, better diplomatic relations, better production and trade, etc.

On September 3rd, 1590 – The Butuan Golden Age has begun!

9 Oct – We have finished out latest Explorer Mission and there are no more

1 Nov – Tuamotu Island – This Pacific Island chain has a 8 development, Naval Supplies 75% autonomy, 0.21 made here.

I decide to live dangerously and send colonists to Trinidad and Tobago, St. Lucia, and St. Vicent

I influence Cuba as a Great Nation. I have a 150+ relationship with papa Portugal.

27 Nov – Our heir to the throne passes and our new one is 6/4/5 Siau. Siau is just 2 though, and my ruler is 59

I fabricate a claim on Dai Viet

Old 04-06-2018, 11:16 PM   #87
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

19 Jan, 1591 – Four cores are finished

21 Feb - I order- Trade Station in Barito, Buton, Yamdena, Mill in Sakam

1 Mar –

Great Karoo – This Slaves province has a development of 9, 75% autonomy, 0.18 made here monthly, drylands.

My current total income is 334 monthly, and my costs are 130, by the way

12 Mar – Eora in Australia is now a Coastal Port of Trade

6 July – I enter into a Royal Marriage with Tonkin

28 July – I enter into a Royal Marriage with Assam

15 Aug – I proclaim a guarantee on Tonkin

Spain is colonizing the Galapagos Islands, the first islands in the Pacific to be colonized

1 Oct –

Manokwari – In Papua, the 3 development, 75% autonomy, Incense, Jungle, province makes us 0.03 monthly.

5 April, 1592 – I order – Trade statin in Samar, Tagloc, Lanao, Lehad Dehtu; Mill in Zamboagna,

15 April – We finish the last core from Dai Viet

1 May – Naval Idea #5 - +25% Sailor Speed

15 May – I pull back my colonists in Trinidad and Tobago and send it to Martinique

1 June – Coffee in Fak-Fak

19 Nov – Another successful conversion! Next up? How about Indurapura?

1 Dec – Asmat is Tea!

Old 04-07-2018, 11:05 AM   #88
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

11 Mar, 1593 – I order – Plantation in Tulangbewang, Trade Station in Deli, Puereuluk, Lamuri, Batak

1 June – I fabricate a claim on the Maldives

1 July –

Eora
– 10 development, Highlands, Incense, 75% autonomy, Coastal Center of Trade, 0.12 made here

This will get added to my colonial nation.

1 September – St. Lucia is going to raise Sugar

1 Oct – Rebellion in Panduranga. I have a 26k force here on Champa.

28 Oct – Defeated

Because we don’t have all colonies up and running right now, I am getting more and more and more cash.

1 Dec – St. Vincent is also going to grow Sugar for us

Old 04-07-2018, 12:08 PM   #89
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Jan, 1594 – This is the 150th year of this dynasty. Let’s take a few snapshots of the area, so you can see:

Southern America is still largely un colonized

I zoomed in for you. Three English colonies in the States have just started building.

They are not in the West Coast at all.

L’Afrique?

Again, no major change there with the European powers.

Asia for you. See how Korea expanded heavily?

Perfect.

Now my future targets of expansion are: Oceania, Australia, Papua, inland South Africa,

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 04-07-2018 at 12:09 PM.
Old 04-07-2018, 12:52 PM   #90
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I order:

Trade Station – Great Karoo (Slaves),
Incense – Kendari, Aru
Spice – Palopo, Palu

27 Feb, Indrapura has converted to the one true faith. Next is Kauthara

1 Sept – Trinidad will be rocking that Sugar

8 Nov – An army of 15000 troops of mine are now in the Caribbean as defense for my four colonies here.

30 Dec – We embrace the tradition of the Printing Press

This removes all tech penalties. For example, for DIP 15, I need just the base of 448 to get there, and for MIL just 472

I am making 12, 8, and 11 investment in each, so I can get to 144 ADM in a year and such. Expect me to get a few tech advancements soon and relatively close to one another for a bit (save for ADM, where I am ahead of the curve and thus need more than normal)

4 Jan, 1595 – I order -

Plantation in Palawan, Mill in Taytay, Trade Station in Sampit, Banten, Pakuan, Cirebon, Kalapa

1 Mar – Martinique is going to be Sugar as well. Good.

1 April –

DIP TECH 15 –

The Galleon – Colonial range increases, +15% settler growth, I can build some better ships.

7 May – Kauthara converts! Next is Panduranga

21 July – A big event happens. Here let me show you…

Yes! We now have a Coffee Boom. It had dropped to 1.80 for a few decades. But now? The street price is at 3.30!

That’s a big boon for my many Coffee holdings and production. As of right now, we produce 69% of the world’s coffee!

1 Nov –

St. Vincent – I order a Plantation here. Sugar, 11 development, I have turned it and the nearby place into a state from a territory, 1.10 made here for us already,

My next colony is Hawaii

1 Dec – Trading in Copper happens

1 Dec –

MIL TECH 15 –

I can upgrade my infantry and my land morale increases

Old 04-07-2018, 03:31 PM   #91
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Feb, 1596 –

I order Plantation in Sumbawa, Trade Station in Flores, Buru, Goronatalo

1 March –

St. Lucia – Precisely the same at St. Vincent. Same development, same trade good, same value, etc.

Next target – Rapanui in the Pacific Ocean

1 April – I am going to start using my cash to build up a powerful defensive infrastructure, namely castles.

Now in EU4, as a reminder, a province with an active castle (or fort) is one that must be sieged like normal and taken down. All adjacent provinces cannot be entered and passed by an enemy in war, until the fort falls to a siege. All capitals have a fort. If a province has no forts protecting it, or the nearby fort falls, then they take around a month to capture with just a unit or two. The problem with a mostly island nation is that forts won’t be as useful in stopping a landing. But they help in many places, so I am going to begin to develop a defensive grid that puts forts in a number of places around the area, from South Africa to New Zealand to Borneo, the Malay Peninsula, and more.

1 July –

Fak-Fak – 4 development, Papua, Coffee, coastline, 75% autonomy, etc. 0.07 made here

I send colonists next door in Papua beside Asmat to Yos Surdarso

21 Aug – Panduraga converts! Next is Palembang again

1 Dec - I Influence Nation England

2 Feb, 1597 –

Asmat – Jungle, Papua, port, 3 development, Tea, 75% autonomy, etc.

Next colonial target is Daru here on Papua

10 May – Dai Viet has lost most of its land to Khmer and Lan Xang today

Old 04-07-2018, 05:15 PM   #92
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

2 Jan, 1598 –

Martinique - I order a Plantation here. Sugar, 12 development, I have turned it and the nearby place into a state from a territory, 1.21 made here for us already,

Next target? Karema, on Papua

1 Feb – Hawaii will be Naval Supplies

1 Mar –

MIL TECH 16 –

I can get better cannons, and artillery are much better.

1 Oct –

Trinidad and Tobago
– 11 development, Sugar, 75% autonomy, 0.27 made, Plantation ordered. It’s in a different state, so it’s currently a territory.

30 Jan, 1599 – Conversion succeeds, and Palembang is back to the right way of thinking. We send our missionary to Tay Nguyen

1 Mar – Naval Supplies and Tropical Wood in my Papuan holdings

1 April –

DIP TECH 16 –

Better trade range and trade efficiency

1 July –

ADMIN TECH 17 –

I can build Universities and I get more production efficiency

1 Nov – Daru in Papua will be Spices

I send colonists to another Papuan holding – Hanuabada

Old 04-07-2018, 06:21 PM   #93
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 January 1600 – The new Institution – Global Trade, has begun, and again until you have embraced it, it will increase the difficulty of techs a little at a time

19 Feb, 1601 – This year a huge Volcano exploded and Grain prices plummet to 0.12 actual (against 2.5) each due to a worldwide famine that results

1 April – Kerema in Papua will be Coffee too

28 April – Tay Nguyen converts too. Next? Kedah

1 July – Death of one of our advisers. I hire a 3 star guy who gives me +10% production.

1 Sept – Naval Ideas #6 – Heavy Ships Combat Ability +20%

1 Nov –

Hawaii – 8 development, Naval Supplies, 75% auto, I order a Naval Equipment Manufactory, 0.15 here.

Midway Island is next

19 Dec – I get a Marriageable Woman event for Kerema

15 June – I send colonists to Lae on Papua

1 Sept - Hanuaba is going to sell incense

Old 04-07-2018, 07:25 PM   #94
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Jan, 1602 – I order Universities in almost every holding I have- they are free and take no space (You get space for a free building after you build one)

The trade value of Grain recovers

1 Feb –

Rapanui – 3 development, 0.05 cash, 75% autonomy, Pacific Island

I send Madang, the last colony in Papua, as the next colonialist

18 Feb – The Growth of the Perfume Industry happens: Incense Trade Good is more valuable

Incense is now worth 3.62

1 Mar –

Kerema – Jungle, Coffee, coast, jungle,, port, Papua, 10 development, Plantation ordered, 75% autonomy, 0.21 made

20 Mar – I am sending my army out into the Pacific islands to clear out places like Samoa for us.

3 April – I fabricate claims on provinces In SE Asia.

1 June 0 Our Navigator adviser passes. Next is level 3 Spymaster

26 July – Kedah converts! Next is Selangor

1 Jan, 1603 – Midway Island is going to be a good place to Fish

15 Jan – I send a set of colonists to Samoa

1 June –

Yos Sodero – 3 development, jungle, Papua, Naval Supplies, etc

1 Sept –

Naval Idea #7
– Bonus Morale of Navies, Global Naval Engagement, and by finishing it, I get +10% Ship Durability

I enact this policy – Skilled Cartographers - +20% Colonial Range and Trade Range

1 Oct – Our truce with Dai Viet ends

4 Oct - I send a colonist to Yuin, south of Eora, in Australia

1 Nov – Lae, on Papua, is going to join a Spice trade.

2 Dec – Our heir is now a Zealot.

1 Feb, 1604 –

Daru – Papua, 75% autonomy, 3 development, Jungle, Spice Trade, 0.03 cash made.

1 June – Madang is also a Spice trade province

Old 04-07-2018, 07:51 PM   #95
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

160 Year Review

I am making 550 gold/month, with 187 cost, so I am making 361.60 a month in profit. I currently have more than 23k in cash reserves

We have almost double the income of Ming, the 2nd best income in the world.

I am the most developed in the world

I lead the world in techs at 49 – tied with Bohemia and Brandenburg

I am tied with 6 other nations for most Ideas (28, the max you could have)

Great Powers:

1. Butuan
2. Ottomans
3. Spain
4. France
5. Russia
6. Denmark
7. Ming
8. Brandenburg

France has Scotland and part of Ireland, Spain has the lowlands and much of Italy, and so forth.

Top Ten Provinces by Tax Revenue

1. Pasai – 35.0
2. Cape – 24.50
3. Melaka – 24.50
4. Kelantan – 20.35
5. Perak – 19.25
6. Karta – 19.25
7. Tidore – 17.50
8. Mentawai – 17.50
9. Batak – 17.50
10. Manila – 17.50
11. Flores – 17.50
12. Tulangbang – 17.50

Top Ten Provinces by Development Revenue

1. Kuching – 43.50
2. Ilocos – 43.50
3. Pagaruyang – 42.50
4. Matsolo – 40.60
5. Melaka – 38.28
6. Butuan – 37.70
7. Palembang – 37.12
8. Bengkala – 37.12
9. Surabaya – 36.54
10. Blambangan – 35.80

We have 153 provinces, and 6 current colonies.

Our 117,000 troops are the 3rd largest in the world after the Ottomans and Ming

Our 126 ships is the 2nd largest navy after the Ottomans

After exploring the world, I know where everything is:

Malacca is the 3rd best Center of Trade by volume, The Moluccas 5th best, the Philippines is 11th best. And we are making 175 gold monthly from trade, so all of my expenses are taken care of by trade and the rest is my profit.

Trade Goods Current Price:

5.25 - Paper

5.0 - Gems

4.5 – Tobacco; Copper

4.0 – Ivory, Dyes, Silk, Cocoa

3.75 – Glass, Sugar

3.62 - Incense

3.60 - Cloth

3.5 – Fur

3.3 – Coffee, Salt

3.0 – Iron, Slaves, Tea, Chinaware, Cotton, Spices

2.50 – Livestock, Wine

2.0 – Grain, Fish, Wool, Tropical Wood, Naval Supplies

Our Production Leaders -

We lead in these goods, and by how much, for Production:

Spices – 86.9%
Coffee – 73.7%
Tropical Wood – 73.2%
Incense 61.6%
Chinaware – 39.8%
Gems 41.8%
Ivory 30.4%
Cotton 22.0%
Sugar – 50.5%
Copper 19.3%
Fish – 15.8%
Naval Supplies – 16.9%

Our Trade Leaders

We lead in trading these goods, and by how much:

Spices – 78%
Coffee – 66%
Tropical Wood – 65%
Incense – 63%
Chinaware – 43%
Gems – 39%
Tea – 32%
Ivory – 30%
Cotton – 27%
Sugar – 23%
Copper – 21%
Fish – 16%
Naval Supplies – 13%

Old 04-07-2018, 07:53 PM   #96
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Alright

MAPS!

Here is a zoomed out picture of the Americans and Africa/Europe.

And above is the Asia and Oceania to see the rest

You can see Papua fully colonized, and the Pacific and Australia are next, as well as the rest of inland South Africa (4 holdings remain there). I could sow Parts of the Americas easily enough as well if I wanted that they aren’t near and are uncontested.

And I feel like that’s good. I have built the Philippines and later Malaysia into a world power. The greatest nation in the world. In fact, I can’t recall ever having so much cash in an EU game that I couldn’t; spend it on anything else.

I don’t anticipate warring for much in SE Asia. It is a natural target, but maybe I’ll just release Champa as a vassal instead. I have made friends with most of the smaller nations there, and most of the holdings are lowered value, with only a handful of Ivory or Silk in the area to entice you in. I have tons of that in the Indies, and I am getting top quality development in Australia, New Zealand and South Africa for tax base and such, and I already have trade locked. I feel like I am building up, not out, at this point, with colonial expansion far outweighing anything else around.

Eventually I could see us going for the lower quality stuff (like the Pacific islands I am grabbing now, only on the mainland Americas or Siberia or something).

We are calling it. Thanks for reading!

Old 04-09-2018, 01:09 AM   #97
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

I have just one question:

Why haven't you done a full-on Paradox mega-campaign yet??
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 06:24 PM   #98
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
I have just one question:

Why haven't you done a full-on Paradox mega-campaign yet??

I think I would get bored!