Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-30-2006, 08:16 PM   #601
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Anyone have any idea what it meant that he had a magnificent weapon? Perhaps fozzie was some kind of bodyguard for us?

You would think that if he actually had a role that at some point he would have told it to us.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 08:16 PM   #602
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Tracking PM's of anyone is a very dubious way to play the game.

Thats why I don't do it for active players.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:16 PM   #603
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Tracking PM's of anyone is a very dubious way to play the game.

I agree. I am tempted to quit over this. If I'm not playing with honest participants, then I don't need to play.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:17 PM   #604
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Darn. It seems like SirFozzie might have been a Samurai with a special ability (judging by his magnificient weapon.)
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 08:17 PM   #605
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
Thats why I don't do it for active players.

I'm sure you also only read Playboy for the articles.

If you're using the "Who's online feature, you can't help but see what other people are doing. Lame.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:18 PM   #606
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
I agree. I am tempted to quit over this. If I'm not playing with honest participants, then I don't need to play.

He's running the game. I just wondered why he wasn't in the game at the deadline. It isn't like I sit here and do it for active players.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:18 PM   #607
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

If you're using the "Who's online feature, you can't help but see what other people are doing. Lame.
He said he didnt use whos online...just clicked on hoop's name at bottom of thread...i dont agree with it either way, but just clarifying
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 08:20 PM   #608
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

First off, what the hell is the "who's online feature?" Second, I saw him on the active users thing at the bottom of the board. Just like when people say, "such and such was in the thread, and hasn't posted." Clicked on him to see where he was. So get over it.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:21 PM   #609
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
First off, what the hell is the "who's online feature?" Second, I saw him on the active users thing at the bottom of the board. Just like when people say, "such and such was in the thread, and hasn't posted." Clicked on him to see where he was. So get over it.
There is a feature where it lists all people on the board and what they are doing right now...its called Whos online...it takes a few clicks to get to it, but can be used for devious purposes due to PMs in WW
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:22 PM   #610
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
He said he didnt use whos online...just clicked on hoop's name at bottom of thread...i dont agree with it either way, but just clarifying

I didn't even know you could do it that way. That's evenmore ridiculous.

I'm just really uncomfortable with stuff like that. That's why when I was WW before, I used email exclusively. Sad that people are forced to do that.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:22 PM   #611
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Hmm, I didn't quite get back home in time to beat the deadline but I don't know if I would have changed my vote from Fozzie anyway... was considering it but had no real suspects on the Day 1 little-more-than-randomathon.

So, obvious place to look is the people who were driving the bandwagon on Sir Fozzie, who I suppose are Blade and Dubb. Before doing any in depth post reviewing etc. my hunch is that both a fairly villagery with Dubb being marginally wolfier. Another avenue to go is see the post frequencies after the first day. Abnormally high and abnormally low post counts I usually get suspicious of.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 08:25 PM   #612
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Also I'd be really suprised if Fozzie had a special role of somekind considering how prominent he made himself. If he was an angel/bodyguard type or vigilante or whatever I'm not sure that he would have been quite so, for want of a better word, reckless. Of course, it still sucks he was a samurai anyway.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:26 PM   #613
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I didn't even know you could do it that way. That's evenmore ridiculous.

I'm just really uncomfortable with stuff like that. That's why when I was WW before, I used email exclusively. Sad that people are forced to do that.

And why me and Ardent used the phone. But since I'm such a fuckin cheater for seeing where the damn DM was at deadline I'm bowing out. Gram can have my spot. I'm fuckin tired of this game already. Have fun.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:26 PM   #614
Schmidty
Coordinator

Dubb, sorry if I was rude, but it just wierded me out. If you say you just did what you did, I believe you. My bad.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:27 PM   #615
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
And why me and Ardent used the phone. But since I'm such a fuckin cheater for seeing where the damn DM was at deadline I'm bowing out. Gram can have my spot. I'm fuckin tired of this game already. Have fun.

Will a bowl of Cherios make it any better?

Old 01-30-2006, 08:27 PM   #616
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I'm confused
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 08:27 PM   #617
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Dubby, come on...stick with me buddy!
Demotivation
Old 01-30-2006, 08:28 PM   #618
hoopsguy
General Manager

Here are my thoughts on the issue, since it was raised:

If I'm a wolf, then I'm definitely using an instant messenger client for as much communication with my fellow wolves as possible. It provides more immediate, two-way communication than PMs and there is no risk of being spotted as sending PMs.

I don't like that the element exists in the game, but it is freely available for everyone to look at. So as a player I do my best to mitigate those risks. As a moderator I would like to believe that people are playing the game strictly based on the posts in the thread, but I know this isn't the case.

Is looking at the viewers at the bottom shady? A little bit, but less than looking at actions if I'm the judge. But when you start drawing lines on what is responsible and irresponsible, without any mechanism for enforcement, then I think you are on a very, very slippery slope.

I would ask that everyone play the game with a level of honor befitting a samurai, even those of you who have been assigned the role of a ninja.

Finally, I'll take a minute and comment on some of the bickering in the thread. I completely understand the advantage of antagonizing another player in the game as a means to collect information, feelings, whatever. What stinks is when the attacks become personal.

For the guys who have played the game before, I would ask that you serve as mentors for the newer players. The game is more fun when we have a bigger pool of interested players who bring a diverse collection of playing styles. The interaction between players is the biggest determining factor in the success of a game, more than a set of rules or the story put together by the moderator. And when you take some of the fun away from your fellow players it doesn't just hurt that game, but future games where people drop out or never sign up the first time.

OK, I'm off the soapbox for the evening.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 08:30 PM   #619
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Can we permanantly ban from Werewolf all known whiners, with dubb now at the top of that list?

(Note: This is a totally serious post)
Old 01-30-2006, 08:34 PM   #620
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan
Can we permanantly ban from Werewolf all known whiners, with dubb now at the top of that list?

Come on dude, let's just play. I'm sorry I accused anyone of anything. I should assume that everyone has honorable intentions. Do I think checking what someone's doing is wrong? Yes, but getting as riled up as I did was unfair.

I'm just hoping my angry outburst doesn't ruin the game.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:36 PM   #621
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Come on dude, let's just play. I'm sorry I accused anyone of anything. I should assume that everyone has honorable intentions. Do I think checking what someone's doing is wrong? Yes, but getting as riled up as I did was unfair.

I'm just hoping my angry outburst doesn't ruin the game.

Yea', you're totally responsible for making dubb whine and cry.

Old 01-30-2006, 08:37 PM   #622
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
[color=red]
Votes:
SirFozzie (8) - AlanT (137), Blade (149), Dubb (167), Tanglewood (324), Saldana (405), PackerFanatic (460), Kingfc (482), Qwikshot (569)
Blade (5) - Kwhit (383), Lathum (387), SirFozzie (473), TazFTW (506), Mr. W (572)
Dubb (2) - Schmidty (146), Eaglesfan (180)
Mustang (1) - Coder (168)
Qwikshot (1) - RPI (400)
Kingfc (2) - Desnudo (466), Path (496)

here is my take on this. RPI traditionally doesnt vote for the front runners on day one, his mantra is always that he doenst want to be part of a day one lynching. coder used the 13th player thing, which has been used in the past, including the HP game...both of those votes dont necessarily tell me anything. We also know why schmidty and eagles are on Dubb, so those two dont necessarily tell us anything.

the Votes i am most interested in are Desnudo and path who made throwaway votes for king, who we all know to be notoriously quiet in the first few days, but very strong later on,

The Taz vote for blade, which carried no explanation with it, and is in a perfect place to not get attention

and the Packer and King votes for SirFozzie, which again, are placed perfectly to be casually disregarded as voting for the front runner.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 08:37 PM   #623
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

Id like to point out you whined about my comments in regards to experienced players...i think everyone has whined at one time or another bar a very select few...if we did that 95% of all players would be banned
Demotivation
Old 01-30-2006, 08:37 PM   #624
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Yea', you're totally responsible for making dubb whine and cry.

Well, I'd be upset too if someone basically called me a cheater.

Regardless, I think we need to mellow out (me included), and have fun.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:39 PM   #625
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Id like to point out you whined about my comments in regards to experienced players...i think everyone has whined at one time or another bar a very select few...if we did that 95% of all players would be banned

I also haven't TWICE in one game-day claimed I was quitting and then come back.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:41 PM   #626
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I also haven't TWICE in one game-day claimed I was quitting and then come back.
No, you havent...but you literally are whining about him whining...im just saying, we all need to not take everything so serious and just play
Demotivation
Old 01-30-2006, 08:41 PM   #627
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

There is a huge difference between whining and being offended by arrogance.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:42 PM   #628
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
There is a huge difference between whining and being offended by arrogance.
Like dubb looking at a non-player and then being called a cheater?? That kind of arrogance?...and him being offended by it?

EDIT: because you called him one
Demotivation

Last edited by Blade6119 : 01-30-2006 at 08:42 PM.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:43 PM   #629
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
No, you havent...but you literally are whining about him whining...im just saying, we all need to not take everything so serious and just play

Okay, here's my last OOC post:

1) dubb is being a bitch, and should be thrown from the game for unsportsman play.
2) Blade acted like an asshole early, and has redeemed himself. For me, bygones can be bygones.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:44 PM   #630
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Okay, here's my last OOC post:

1) dubb is being a bitch, and should be thrown from the game for unsportsman play.
2) Blade acted like an asshole early, and has redeemed himself. For me, bygones can be bygones.

NOTE: The unsporting play I'm referring to has NOTHING to do with looking at online status.

It has to do with saying he wants out of the game and then coming back in like nothing ever happened, TWICE.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:45 PM   #631
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
NOTE: The unsporting play I'm referring to has NOTHING to do with looking at online status.

It has to do with saying he wants out of the game and then coming back in like nothing ever happened, TWICE.
I dont think he has come back this time, to be fair...i think he said he was leaving and has...
Demotivation
Old 01-30-2006, 08:46 PM   #632
saldana
Pro Starter

YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD BE NICE.....IF WE WERE ACTUALLY PLAYING FUCKING WEREWOLF!!!! THIS WHOLE FUCKING THREAD HAS BEEN RIDICULOUS TO THIS POINT, HOW ABOUT WE ALL REALIZE WE ARE PLAYING A INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD GAME AND INSTEAD OF FIRING OFF INSULTS AT EACH OTHER, ACTUALLY HAVE A GOOD TIME. WHAT A NOVEL FUCKING CONCEPT![b]

rant over, sorry hoops, this has got to suck for you to be running this seemingly endless thread of nonsense.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:46 PM   #633
kingfc22
Head Coach

I wonder why SirFozzie didn't mention he had some kind of secret weapon to try and save himself. If he had an ability to help us against the ninja's I would have easily given him a second chance especially since it is only day 1.

I know when I had a pivotal role and was on the block early in the game, my only choice to survive was to essentially reveal my role. It's better to last at least an extra day or two in hopes that your role can be used rather then just get lynched without having a chance to use your skill.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:46 PM   #634
Schmidty
Coordinator

After all this, I'm wondering if the game can be salvaged. It's like a bunch of children.

The person I feel the worst for is hoopsguy. We're ruining his game and it's a damned shame.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:47 PM   #635
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Like dubb looking at a non-player and then being called a cheater?? That kind of arrogance?...and him being offended by it?

EDIT: because you called him one

Actually, I said it was dubious. I stand by that opinion. I don't think it is arrogant to think that everyone should abide by a honorable code of conduct when playing this game. I think you are the first person to call me arrogant in a very very long time (at least 10 years) on here or in real life, but considering the source, I'm not offended.

As far as my comments, tt has been established in the past that looking at when people are PM'ing is quite non-kosher in this game.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:47 PM   #636
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
I wonder why SirFozzie didn't mention he had some kind of secret weapon to try and save himself. If he had an ability to help us against the ninja's I would have easily given him a second chance especially since it is only day 1.

I know when I had a pivotal role and was on the block early in the game, my only choice to survive was to essentially reveal my role. It's better to last at least an extra day or two in hopes that your role can be used rather then just get lynched without having a chance to use your skill.
Is it possible he didnt have some secret role. Isnt it possible he was a normal samurai and we all have magnificient swords? The only role i see that description fitting would be assasin, but there are new roles so who knows...its possible he was a nobody though
Demotivation
Old 01-30-2006, 08:48 PM   #637
kingfc22
Head Coach

dola - I agree with saldana. Let's just play and get us some ninja's because I am scared of what the mighty Chuck Norris might do if we don't.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:49 PM   #638
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola (or probably not) -

I'm annoyed at myself for responding to this childish shit. I'm going to just focus on the game for now on, and won't respond to any further replies you might have on this particular subject.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:49 PM   #639
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Actually, I said it was dubious. I stand by that opinion. I don't think it is arrogant to think that everyone should abide by a honorable code of conduct when playing this game. I think you are the first person to call me arrogant in a very very long time (at least 10 years) on here or in real life, but considering the source, I'm not offended.

As far as my comments, tt has been established in the past that looking at when people are PM'ing is quite non-kosher in this game.
i didnt insult you, and you did with your source comment...and that comment right there is arrogant...so dont give me your high and mighty attitude about you being all morally superior, then say your not arrogant...

BACK TO WW!!!!
Demotivation
Old 01-30-2006, 08:53 PM   #640
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22

we could read it that way, but i dont think it means anything at all...think about who we are, the greatest samurai in the world, every single one of us should have a magnificent Daisho in our rooms as a mark of our status...i could be wrong but i dont really read anything into the weapon.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:54 PM   #641
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Is it possible he didnt have some secret role. Isnt it possible he was a normal samurai and we all have magnificient swords? The only role i see that description fitting would be assasin, but there are new roles so who knows...its possible he was a nobody though

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
we could read it that way, but i dont think it means anything at all...think about who we are, the greatest samurai in the world, every single one of us should have a magnificent Daisho in our rooms as a mark of our status...i could be wrong but i dont really read anything into the weapon.
Great minds think alike
Demotivation
Old 01-30-2006, 08:55 PM   #642
Schmidty
Coordinator

I really think that since this is a game based on Samurai, people who are acting "dishonorable" toward each should be held accountable and dealt with harshly.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:55 PM   #643
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Guys?

Have fun.

Otherwise don't play.

Even though I'm out of the game, it's simple.

If you're going to play, have fun.
If you're going to have fun, Play.

(maybe I'm upset my joke got less play then I did )
Old 01-30-2006, 08:56 PM   #644
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Great minds think alike

sorry, didnt see your post.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:58 PM   #645
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
sorry, didnt see your post.
What are you apologizing for...i think its awesome were thinking alike on the matter...GO TEAMWORK!!!
Demotivation
Old 01-30-2006, 09:00 PM   #646
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Great minds think alike

*clears throat*

As for the whole PM thing, I think it's pretty 'unsportsmanlike' thing to do, but don't think dubb should be chucked from the game, if only because this trainwreck needs to be salvaged otherwise it will just seep into other games and possibly ruin WW on this board forever.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:01 PM   #647
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

agreed, dubb.. if you're gonna read this thread, come on back to play, k?
Old 01-30-2006, 09:02 PM   #648
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
agreed, dubb..

What are you agreeing with?
Old 01-30-2006, 09:05 PM   #649
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Tanglewood's post:"don't think dubb should be chucked from the game"

maybe it should have been..
Agreed. Dubb, if you're reading this, come on back, k?
Old 01-30-2006, 09:05 PM   #650
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

can i quote myself?

as an additional thought along this line, depending on Hoops' level of accuracy, a samurai committing hari-kiri does so while not wearing his swords, so it would make even more sense that his weapons were in his rooms.