Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-04-2019, 09:36 AM   #1451
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehitcat View Post
Clearly a Pats fanboy site. NE is below average cheaters, but the Jets, Broncos, Steelers and Giants are elite cheaters!

Pretty entertaining though. Green Bay has more "camera" awards for some recruiting issue from 1921 than the Pats get for Spygate (2007) and deflategate combined. Looks legit to me...
Old 02-04-2019, 10:06 AM   #1452
miked
College Starter

Wasn't KC busted a few years ago for pumping noise in to opposing benches so they couldn't hear? I mean, tons of players are busted for PEDs, do we call the teams cheaters when they have a player who was on PEDs? If GB wins, do we call them cheaters because Aaron Jones was suspend for PEDs? I'm not even a Pats fan (I'm a fucking Jets fan) and you people are just over the top.

Basically, the Pats have gotten caught more lately than other teams, but it is quite clear that all teams will push in gray areas and cheat until they are caught. Y'all are some salty fools.

I mean, Mark Ingram was busted this year too. I guess the Saints are cheaters (though weren't they caught paying players bonuses to injure people). Some pretty selective outrage.

Last edited by miked : 02-04-2019 at 10:08 AM.
miked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 10:14 AM   #1453
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
Wasn't KC busted a few years ago for pumping noise in to opposing benches so they couldn't hear? I mean, tons of players are busted for PEDs, do we call the teams cheaters when they have a player who was on PEDs? If GB wins, do we call them cheaters because Aaron Jones was suspend for PEDs? I'm not even a Pats fan (I'm a fucking Jets fan) and you people are just over the top.

Basically, the Pats have gotten caught more lately than other teams, but it is quite clear that all teams will push in gray areas and cheat until they are caught. Y'all are some salty fools.

I mean, Mark Ingram was busted this year too. I guess the Saints are cheaters (though weren't they caught paying players bonuses to injure people). Some pretty selective outrage.

Mine is based on their fans only. Brady texted the "deflator" and destroyed his phone but they will sit and talk some nonsense about the science of air inflation. Could care less really about the Pats but if they want to claim innocence then be prepared to hear about it.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 10:18 AM   #1454
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Super Bowl got a 26.1 rating in New Orleans, the lowest in New Orleans history and the lowest of any market this year.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 10:24 AM   #1455
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

dola:

Front page of the NOLA paper this morning:

Old 02-04-2019, 11:06 AM   #1456
lungs
Pro Rookie

I didn't have any dog in the Super Bowl fight. But I do get enjoyment over watching people's heads explode when the Patriots win. And 65 year old white guys complaining that Conway Twitty isn't the halftime show. And farmers' heads exploding when Budweiser poo poo's corn syrup. And dairy farmers crying about that chunk milk commercial from Mint Mobile.

Do people watch the Super Bowl just to trigger themselves?
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 11:31 AM   #1457
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs View Post
I didn't have any dog in the Super Bowl fight. But I do get enjoyment over watching people's heads explode when the Patriots win. And 65 year old white guys complaining that Conway Twitty isn't the halftime show. And farmers' heads exploding when Budweiser poo poo's corn syrup. And dairy farmers crying about that chunk milk commercial from Mint Mobile.

Do people watch the Super Bowl just to trigger themselves?

Someone will remember better than I will, but a few years ago there was a commercial saying some kind of produce was boring, and the growers of said produce sued who made the commercial. I am probably screwing up the details.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 12:00 PM   #1458
Edward64
Head Coach

Let's talk commercials. Which ones did you guys like best?
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 12:30 PM   #1459
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I think the NFL should adopt the mlb roids=no playoffs rule
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 01:04 PM   #1460
larrymcg421
Head Coach

I still don't get why Patriots fans are so sensitive. I'm so sorry you have to deal with all the jabs against your 6 time Superbowl winning team.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 01:14 PM   #1461
thehitcat
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Let's talk commercials. Which ones did you guys like best?

The Jason Bateman/Hyundai Elevator add was my favorite by a long way. And you?
thehitcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 02:19 PM   #1462
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehitcat View Post
The Jason Bateman/Hyundai Elevator add was my favorite by a long way. And you?

I liked the GOT Bud Light. I've read the Amazon one was received well but prefer the Bud Light.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 02:30 PM   #1463
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Someone will remember better than I will, but a few years ago there was a commercial saying some kind of produce was boring, and the growers of said produce sued who made the commercial. I am probably screwing up the details.

Hmm, I can't find anything like this in my searches. But I did see several dairy farmers on Facebook suggesting that a lawsuit should be filed against Mint Mobile for Slander. I guess that's why they are farmers and not lawyers.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 02:36 PM   #1464
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

I think it's pretty obvious that anything to do with the Patriots gets blown up into a much bigger deal than it actually was (ie. Spygate, the Deflategate witchhunt, etc.).

Let me throw this scenario out there as evidence...

A media network receives information from a source that Tom Brady has had HGH shipped to his house. Lawyers for Brady then try to convince the network that the source is lying. After that doesn't work, Brady's lawyers then confirm that the shipment did go to his house but was actually for Gisele, who had been prescribed the drug by a doctor. In checking with medical experts, they advise that HGH is not an approved treatment for Gisele's condition. Oh yeah, and after learning about the source's allegations, Brady also sent a pair of goons over to the source's parents house for... reasons, causing them enough concern to call 911.

So, does everyone believe Brady when he says it wasn't for him?
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 03:09 PM   #1465
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Yes Sir.

It was an interesting Super Bowl party this year - the hate was very subdued (I'm a long way from New England), there were more people just enjoying the insanity of this Patriots run.

On the way home (got my girlfriend to drive - that was my personal Super Bowl championship!), I was just thinking about how crazy this whole run has been for Boston sports generally - I became aware of Boston sports in '86, just barely missed out on appreciating the last Larry Bird championship that year; and then, through those sports-crazy childhood years, I never did get a home town championship between '86 and 2000, when I graduated college.....A single championship would have meant SO much to me in those years, but it didn't happen.

But since adulthood, those 19 years, the Boston teams have pulled off 12 championships (and my alma mater, Syracuse, added another in '03 to make it 13). Those 13 championships in adulthood don't mean close to as much as ONE would have meant in my childhood, but, every time, it still does connect me to that past time in my life when this shit really mattered. People like to try to tell me how miserable they think I'll be when the Patriots' run ends, but, truthfully, it's all gravy now, they could go 0-16 next year and every year afterwards, and they've still given me so much more then I ever possibly could have comprehended...And I'm 40 now anyway - but Brady is a crazy throwback to those prior times and that prior way of thinking about sports - his rookie year was when I graduated from college!....Larry Bird is still my favorite athlete, but Brady is #2 and David Ortiz is #3.

I'm pretty sure Bucc said something similar in the last couple years too. That's how I feel about the Bison and their NCAA run.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 04:09 PM   #1466
Thomkal
Head Coach

Bengals officially name Zac Taylor (Rams QB coach) as their new head coach
Old 02-04-2019, 05:07 PM   #1467
Groundhog
Coordinator

I can't think of another time when arguably 3 of the top 5 plays in an NFL game (let alone Superbowl) came from either the punter or the special teams coverage on punts.
Old 02-07-2019, 10:30 AM   #1468
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Why he's the best ever. EVERY detail matters.
Old 02-08-2019, 02:39 AM   #1469
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
So Spygate wasn't real?
Spygate was real, but not what people believe. It wasn't even illegal to film other teams, the Patriots just did it from outside the proscribed area teams were allowed to film from, and they certainly didn't film the Rams Super Bowl walkthrough as people like Bill Polian continue to claim. And the Patriots were punished and docked a 1st round pick for what other people thought they were doing rather than what the NFL found.

Deflategate was a witch hunt and a (poorly executed) sting operation from the start that would have been laughed out of any court of law.
Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
Mine is based on their fans only. Brady texted the "deflator" and destroyed his phone but they will sit and talk some nonsense about the science of air inflation. Could care less really about the Pats but if they want to claim innocence then be prepared to hear about it.
Balls losing air pressure when they are taken outside in cold weather is science, not nonsense. Balls will obviously lose pressure once they're outside in colder weather, which is why the NFL didn't end up releasing their measurements the next year after claiming they would. Brady was triggered by an October game vs the Jets where the balls were over the NFL PSI maximum (max 15.5, balls were over 16 after the game) and wanted balls at the lowest allowable PSI (12.5) going forward. Should it be any more illegal for a team to put balls out it knew would go below the threshold after being tested than it was to run formations with four down linemen and ineligible receivers in the slot? I don't think so. Should the NFL have had tighter controls on what PSI balls left the locker room? I don't think it really mattered because I don't think anything between 10-17 PSI matters much (certainly not in that game), but in this litigious world, sure, a tighter range than 12.5-15.5 makes sense.

And just like Spygate, the Patriots were punished and docked a 1st round pick for what people thought they were doing instead of anything that they were doing. And because they were successful - when multiple other NFL teams have been caught even on camera doing illegal things with footballs, none lose a single pick let alone a 1st rounder.

Call it a persecution complex, say I'm being a sore winner, fine, but people who actually think the Patriots or Brady were doing something worthy of punishment during deflategate are either ignorant, trolling, or employed by Roger Goodell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Because if there's one thing Boston fans can agree on it's the admiration for the greatness of the New York Yankees.
20th century Yankees were great. 21st century Yankees not so much, though it's setting up to be a great next few years in the rivalry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carman Bulldog View Post
I think it's pretty obvious that anything to do with the Patriots gets blown up into a much bigger deal than it actually was (ie. Spygate, the Deflategate witchhunt, etc.).

Let me throw this scenario out there as evidence...

A media network receives information from a source that Tom Brady has had HGH shipped to his house. Lawyers for Brady then try to convince the network that the source is lying. After that doesn't work, Brady's lawyers then confirm that the shipment did go to his house but was actually for Gisele, who had been prescribed the drug by a doctor. In checking with medical experts, they advise that HGH is not an approved treatment for Gisele's condition. Oh yeah, and after learning about the source's allegations, Brady also sent a pair of goons over to the source's parents house for... reasons, causing them enough concern to call 911.

So, does everyone believe Brady when he says it wasn't for him?
Is this before or after this hypothetical Brady also teabags a trainer and gets the University of Michigan sued for millions of dollars?
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 03:40 AM   #1470
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos
Can any unbiased person really question whether the Patriots cheated multiple times in different manners along the way?

They are obviously great. The fact that they have been caught cheating repeatedly takes off some of the luster.

I root for the Patriots (and in other sports, others who are often hated like LeBron) precisely because of the irrational level of animus directed their way. I was neutral on them several years ago. Have they cheated? Clearly, yes. Have the cheated more than others in the NFL, at a different level than they have? I've seen nothing to convince me of that. I don't hold Brady/Belichik/etc. up as models of ethics for society at large, but let's just say that I think BountyGate (as one example) is about a hundred times worse than everything the Patriots have been found to have done combined. It's clear to me that the cheating isn't why they are hated, at least primarily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP
media people like Max Kellerman should be ashamed when they're proven wrong year after year.

Why? As I understand it, his main argument his year has basically been 'Brady isn't what he used to be.' Isn't that true? A year ago Brady was still great, MVP-caliber ... this year he was above-average as starting QBs go. Fantastic against the Chargers who were dumb enough to play into his hands with their game plan and steadfastly refuse to change it, but wobbly for sure at times against KC and the Rams. The Patriots did have their worst regular-season record since 2009, Brady his worst statistical year since at least 2013, and going into the playoffs I'm among those who thought they didn't have enough weapons (questions about Gronk health, offense improved with Gordon and then he was gone again, etc.) I'm not here to carry water for the guy who makes his living as the counter-punching to Steven A's blowhard alpha thing, but I would think noticing these things and pointing them out is sort of what guys like Kellerman are supposed to do.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 02-08-2019 at 03:41 AM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 06:35 AM   #1471
spleen1015
Coordinator

It is pretty clear that pretty much every one cheats. The thing with the Patriots is the way they handle it. Deflategate for example. Brady destroyed his phone to hide evidence.

Sports are like politics. There's so much money involved, everyone's going to be dirty to get more.

Last edited by spleen1015 : 02-08-2019 at 06:35 AM.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 03:30 PM   #1472
Thomkal
Head Coach

Browns take a chance on Kareem Hunt
Old 02-11-2019, 03:38 PM   #1473
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Good landing spot for him.

First time he rips off a 65 yard TD run everyone will forget about what happened.
Old 02-13-2019, 10:27 AM   #1474
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Rumors that Flacco is going to Denver
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 12:00 PM   #1475
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

More band aid QBs, yay. About the only positive is have 0 dollars committed to a QB after next season.
Old 02-13-2019, 12:03 PM   #1476
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I really thought Flacco was going to Oakland. Gruden loves his non-superstar veteran QBs (Brad Johnson, Rich Gannon, etc.). Figured the Raiders would trade Carr.
Old 02-13-2019, 01:08 PM   #1477
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

If I was a Broncos fan, I would not be excited at the prospect of Joe Flacco as my starting QB next year.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 01:09 PM   #1478
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
If I was a Broncos fan, I would not be excited at the prospect of Joe Flacco as my starting QB next year.

Given Elway's history with QBs since Manning I think Bronco fans are very prepared for disappointment.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 01:41 PM   #1479
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryche View Post
More band aid QBs, yay. About the only positive is have 0 dollars committed to a QB after next season.

Yeah, I think this is the big takeaway. Other than a mid round pick and eating into the chances that they can add some difference makers in FA this year, I’m not sure if there is a huge amount of risk for the Broncos here. Keenum isn’t good and Flacco is almost certainly not good as well, but if you want to take a shot in the dark on a QB who at least has been good enough to win a SB in his career before, why the hell not? And I really hate Joe Flacco, FWIW.

I think the more disturbing thing for Broncos fans is the likelihood that Elway still thinks he can piecemeal his way to success without really investing in a QB, but in a vacuum it’s a defensible move.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 02:00 PM   #1480
molson
General Manager

Bovada moved the Broncos from 100-1 to 125-1 to win it all after the trade.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 02:10 PM   #1481
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Hopefully this finally gets Elway fired.
Old 02-13-2019, 02:46 PM   #1482
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carman Bulldog View Post
Inside the Cleveland Browns front office, where hope and history collide

I've heard great things about this article but I haven't personally read it yet. I thought a few others here would enjoy this long form take on the dysfunction of the Browns.

That turned out to be one of the more expensive articles anyone has written in a while.

Pilot Flying J Pulls ESPN Deal After Story On Browns' Culture

Deal was worth low-to-mid 7 figures a year (and had at least 2 more years to run) and including presenting sponsor status for the Saturday morning "SEC Nation" show.
Old 02-13-2019, 03:27 PM   #1483
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Hopefully this finally gets Elway fired.

Agreed!!!
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 03:38 PM   #1484
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

i think somehow the Broncos and the Ravens both got worse today
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 03:49 PM   #1485
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
i think somehow the Broncos and the Ravens both got worse today

Oh I think the Broncos got worse losing a 4th round pick and now having two QBs that can't play for shit.
Old 02-13-2019, 04:43 PM   #1486
Scarecrow
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
Oh I think the Broncos got worse losing a 4th round pick and now having two QBs that can't play for shit.

Just wait for when the Broncos get their 3rd QB that can't play for shit with 1(10) [cough]Drew Lock[/cough]
Old 02-13-2019, 06:40 PM   #1487
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
Just wait for when the Broncos get their 3rd QB that can't play for shit with 1(10) [cough]Drew Lock[/cough]

Yes I know. I am hopeful they will trade back and accumulate more picks in the late first and early 2nd. But Flaaco yuck . He is actually worse than Keenum statistically. Plus, he is not as mobile as he once was and unless the Broncos fix there crappy Oline he is going to get killed. Keenum at least can run around a little. Also, I remember Flacco had refused to mentor L.Jackson which though I get it that was bad optics. The Broncos will be bringing some to be a rookie under him so that is a concern.

Last edited by Galaril : 02-14-2019 at 09:07 AM.
Old 02-14-2019, 08:33 AM   #1488
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

So we've seen this from the Broncos' perspective.

I'm more interested in the Ravens. This is a full commitment to the Lamar Jackson era. How do we see that going? It seems impossible to run the exact same offense as last year. With an offseason to gameplan against it, defenses will be ready for it.

But one still has to think that it will be the most run-heavy offense in the league even if they open it up a bit with a year for Jackson to work on his passing. There's something to be said for zigging when everyone else zags. Teams may know what is coming against the Ravens, but if they are built to stop the pass, then there is only so much they can do.

It makes the backup QB situation interesting. The Ravens cannot, I would think, get generic backup QB [X]. They need someone who can run the Lamar Jackson offense. Tyrod? Taysom Hill (if the Saints are willing to part with him)?
Old 02-14-2019, 08:47 AM   #1489
QuikSand
lolzcat

The Ravens were already fully committed to Jackson as the centerpiece of the offense. This makes it clear to the world, but it has been clear locally since mid-season.

Tyrod Taylor would be re-welcomed to Baltimore like a conquering hero. I think that is a real possibility. They also seem to have emanated a lot of good locker room buzz from RGIII last year, enough to keep him on the 53-man all season with no plan whatsoever to use him. If they think he could be the "could play in a pinch" guy, they may feel they are all set.

The Ravens are, however, in a "try to compete right now" mode, and that comes with a variety of pressures, especially on the offensive side of the ball. I am not well versed enough to know their cap space situation, but IMO they have some work to do in order to field a credible offense around Jackson for next year.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 08:51 AM   #1490
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Totally forgot RGIII was already on the roster. That does make getting a Tyrod-type something nice but not critical. The best move may be trying to get Tyrod for a mid-round pick (maybe the Flacco pick just to be all symbolic about it) and keep all three of them. If your offense has the QB getting hit as a runner by design, you can justify 3 roster spots for the position, I think.
Old 02-14-2019, 12:52 PM   #1491
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post

It makes the backup QB situation interesting. The Ravens cannot, I would think, get generic backup QB [X]. They need someone who can run the Lamar Jackson offense. Tyrod? Taysom Hill (if the Saints are willing to part with him)?

The other problem that they have is a PR problem which factors into this. A lot of the season ticket holders dumped their seats in 2017 when the players knelt in London, which then translated into an attendance problem for them that has been ongoing. Pretty sure an executive sent out a letter asking people to show up to the playoff game this past season and there were plenty of tickets avaliable to the game right before kickoff. Then they laid an egg, and the entire stadium starting booing Lamar Jackson and was chanting Joe Flacco's name. It was so bad players started yelling at fans to shut up.

As you have already pointed it out, running the kind of offense that they are going to run is going to be interesting as teams have now seen it, and will defend it. When they go through the lulls like they did in the playoffs they cant have a named backup because the same crap will happen again. Lamar took the boo's and chanting joe's name in stride the first time, i dont see that continuing if he keeps getting booed. By not having a decent back up, that will help solve that problem. I agree with Qucik, that Tyrod would be a king from a fan perspective if he came back, but with him on the bench, the fans expectations would be around when Lamar struggles. I find the dynamics at play with the Ravens to be fascinating moving forward.

Last edited by muns : 02-14-2019 at 12:54 PM.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 02:29 PM   #1492
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Tyrod is a FA. And I fucking hate the Ravens and cant believe that Flacco didnt go in. Harbaugh has always been a great coach. Not trying something different was baffling
Old 02-14-2019, 02:42 PM   #1493
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post

Yet I still think they got the best QB Baltimore had
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 08:38 PM   #1494
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
Yet I still think they got the best QB Baltimore had

LOL I don't
Old 02-15-2019, 01:35 AM   #1495
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
That turned out to be one of the more expensive articles anyone has written in a while.

Pilot Flying J Pulls ESPN Deal After Story On Browns' Culture

Deal was worth low-to-mid 7 figures a year (and had at least 2 more years to run) and including presenting sponsor status for the Saturday morning "SEC Nation" show.

I mean obviously this is expensive but won’t someone like Camping World, Chick Fil A or Dicks sporting goods just buy all this time now?
Old 02-15-2019, 01:52 PM   #1496
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Collusion case for Kaep settles. Some reporter on twitter saying nfl execs speculating it’s between 60-80 million. Not surprising.
Old 02-15-2019, 04:29 PM   #1497
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

If true then Kap got more money by not playing and still gets to keep a relatively healthy brain.
Old 02-15-2019, 09:55 PM   #1498
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I mean obviously this is expensive but won’t someone like Camping World, Chick Fil A or Dicks sporting goods just buy all this time now?

Not necessarily. Sponsorship dollars are arguably tighter than they've been in my career. Truth is, they're hard to quantify in terms of ROI and most live sports is really just a vanity buy anyway. As - generally speaking - the demographics of decision makers move them toward being less sports-oriented the number of being willing to indulge in vanity buys slowly declines.
Old 02-15-2019, 09:56 PM   #1499
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
still gets to keep a relatively healthy brain.

Bwahahahaha.

Considering he might have the most diseased mind in the history of sports, maybe the better play here would be to take his undeserved money & buy a brain transplant.
Old 02-16-2019, 06:45 AM   #1500
Kodos
Resident Alien

Yes. Someone who displays civil disobedience is clearly worse than a guy like Aaron Hernandez.