Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-13-2011, 11:21 AM   #101
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The next thing I want to do is look after my new ghostly acquisitions and all of my TMs to see if I can improve my team.

N is right outside. N talks to my Pokemon. N Complements me on my relationship with my Pokemon, and says that if everyone has the sort of relations I have with my Zebstrika (Foudre) then Team Plasma wouldn’t need to exist. N’s vision is to change the world without using force. Just to befriend a legendary Pokemon and show the world to release their Pokies.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 12:16 PM   #102
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

TMs

Anyway. Time to look for TMs. Now, I’ve found these for sale if I want to add any: the four weather moves, Gyro Ball, Thunder Wave, Reflect, Light Screen, Safeguard.

Here are the ones I have:

Protect
Solar Beam – good on Sunny day teams, otherwise…
Return – for these 6, a good 100 power normal attack that uses power
Dig – 2 turn ground attack, 80 power, 10 moves
Rock Tomb – 50 power, 80 accuracy – suck
Torment – Foes cannot use same move twice in row, sucks
Rest – Goes to sleep for two turns, full restoration, largely worthless.
Attract – If the foe is the opposite gender, becomes infatuated and will only attack 50% - good
Thief – 40 power Dark attack, steals hold item. Not bad for a different Pokemon
Echoed Voice – 40 power normal attack, does more each turn it is used. Nah
False Swipe – 40 power norm attack, target is always left with one HP (for catching Pokies)
Scald – 80 power water special attack, 100 accuracy, 15 pp
Charge Beam – 50 power, special, electr, 90 acc, raises Sp Att.
Sky Drop – 2 turn flying attack, 60 power, 100 accuracy
Will-o-Wisp – Accuracy 75, gives foe a burn
Acrobatics – 55 flying power, 100 accuracy, if user is not using an item then damage is massive
Shadow Claw – 70 power, 100 accuracy, physical ghost move
Payback – 50 power dark attack, 100 accuracy, it’s like Revenge, the fight move, except revenges goes from 60 to 120. This probably goes to 100.
Retaliate – 70 power, 100 accuracy, 5 pp, if ally fainted in previous turn, extra damage
Flash – Cuts target’s accuracy
Volt Switch 0 70 power special electr attack, 100 accuracy, then switches with party member
Struggle Bug – 30 power attack, opposing sp attack is automatically reduced.
Bulldoze – 60 power ground, Target’s speed is always reduced
Work Up – Increase attack and sp attack
Grass Knot – Grass special attack, more damage to heavier foes
Rock Smash – 40 power fight

There are a few TMS that virtually everybody can learn, like Attract and Return.

Now, let’s look at my Pokies:

Snorts – Fire/Fight with 50 power Flame Charge, the weak Arm Thrust, Heat Crash with scalable damage, and Rollout. Of those, Rollout and Arm Thrust are the ones I most want to replace. I rarely use Rollout. Perhaps something else? Will-o-Wisp? I want a more powerful fight move for Arm Thrust.

Chatters - Grass. Leech Seed, Cut, Bite, 80 damage Seed Bomb. Cut’s useful, Seed Bomb is awesome, Leech Seed has its uses against foes that take awhile, but I haven’t gotten much from Bite these days. A 60 power attack without STAB just doesn’t do much against the Psychics I’m facing anymore. Solar Beam is too much. Perhaps just a simple Return? I check and I can give it Shadow Claw, still not STABed, but it does more damage and still deal 2x damage to psychic and ghost.

Quackers – Water/Flying with 90 power Fly, 65 special attack Bubble Beam, Feather Dance which double lowers attack of foe, Roost, which is a self heal. I want a more powerful water attack, so Scald might be learnable. No reason not to switch to it right now. Feather Dance is certainly useful, I use it regularly. Once I get Surf, it should be all set in terms of attacks.

Victini – Psychic/Fight – with 100 power Searing Shot, 50 power Flame Charge, Return and 50 power Confusion. A more powerful psychic attack is needed. We don’t have another right now.

Judos – Fight – Revenge, Bulk Up, Storm Throw and Seismic Toss. The all fight move set! A bit one note, and could be helped by pulling one of the fight moves for something else, just to round it out a bit. Fight attacks are weak against four types, and another is immune to it, so that reduces Judos usefulness against Ghost, Flying, Psychic, Poison and Bug. Its powerful and useful vs others. Perhaps a simple Return will give it more options in combat. Can it learn Bulldoze? Yes.

Foudre – Electr – Stomp – 65 power, Thunder Wave, Discharge, Charge. I can switch Stomp for Return for much more damage. That’s an easy swap.

So, I will switch Stomp for Return on Foudre, Scald for Bubble Beam on Quackers, Shadow Claw for Bite. I want to swing by the move relearner too, so see if I have any old moves that could help out my dudes again. Maybe Vicitni or Snorts knows an old move I can use.

Okay, Emboar has a better fight move in its past – Hammer Arm. 100 power, 90 accuracy, 10 pp, but using it decreases his speed. No psychics for Victini. I check everybody nothing – nothing of value. Alright, I force Snorts to learn Hammer Arm after deleting Arm Thrust. I use a Heart Scale.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-13-2011 at 12:17 PM.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:33 PM   #103
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Back to Route 7

I head a different direction

Trainer #1 – Foudre vs Tynamo. Return was a OHKO. Foudre vs Duckett. Vs Tranquill.
Trainer #2 – Foudre vs Emolga. Victini vs Sigilyph. 1920

Victini is now level 35 after taking down a wild Zebstrika, Chatters to 33

I find: Tm 81 X-Scissor

I arrive at a new place

Old 03-13-2011, 01:53 PM   #104
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Twist Mountain

I run into Cheren and he wants a battle:

Chatters vs Unfezant. The pretty one. Leech Seed. It uses Air Slash. Seed Bomb. It takes me out. Go Foudre. Discharge. Lv 38. Quackers vs Simisear. Use Scald! OHKO. L 36. Snorts vs Liepard. Hammer Arm! OHKO. Foudre vs Dewott. 3500.

Alder was watching the battle and complements us both (Unonva Champion). He gives us Surf! AWESOME. I return for a quick heal and to teach Surf to Quackers in place of Scald. Didn’t have that very long! Luckily it can learn it. I head back to the Mountain. I want to get to the next city, and then Surf and see what’s out there afterwards.

Trainer #1 (Outside on Route 7) – Chatters vs Boldore. Victini vs Gurdurr. 2176

Level 34 for Chatters when taking out a wild Zebstrika on the way back to reheal and hit he mountain again.

I run into Cheren and Clay inside. He gives us some info about Plasma and the mountain.

I run into a Gurdurr, the evolved Timburr. I switch to Foudre and Thunder Wave it. I start hitting it with Return knowing that Fight dudes usually have a strong physical defense. I send out Great Ball. I knocked it to deep in its yellow. It busts out on the last go. I try again. It busts out immediately. I try Ultra Ball. Got it in one.

Gurdurr
Level 30
Named I-Beam
Fight
Male

Old 03-13-2011, 02:17 PM   #105
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I head back for another heal and return. I am in a quarry looking section of the mountain. I return in another cave. Judos gets level 35 while fighting wild Boldore.

Trainer #1 – Chatters vs Woobat. OHKO w/ Shadow Claw. Vs Boldore. Lv 35. Victini vs Gurdurr. 2122
Trainer #2 – Chatters vs Throh. It Revenge takes out Chatters. Next is Quackers. 1152
Trainer #3 – Judos vs Vanillish. Victini vs Gothorita. Lv 36. Vs Duosion. 4200

I find Revive, Full Heal, Hyper Potion, Poison Gem,

I need to head back for a reheal with two almost defeated Pokies. That was a level 36 Throh. Nasty. On the way, I run into Cubchoo. Return OHKO’s it, unfortunately. Hopefully, we’ll run into another soon. I do. I use Seismic Toss this time. I catch it with one Great ball.

Cubchoo
Level 28
Named Stupid
Ice
Male

Old 03-13-2011, 04:07 PM   #106
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Trainer #4 – Chatters vs Boldore. Quackers vs Excadrill. Lv 37. 1360
Trainer #5 – Chatters vs Swoobat. Lv 36. 1400

Snorts levels to 37 fighting a wild Gurdurr.

Trainer #6 – Snorts vs Boldore. Again. Chatters vs Boldore. 1320
Trainer #7 – Victini vs Excadrill. 2800
Doctor #1 – Victini vs Duosion. It’s raining outside now. Vs Musharna. Switch to Chatters after almost dying. Crit takes out Chatters, Quackers. Lv 37 for Victini. 4080. He heals us.
Trainer #8 – Judos vs Woobat. Vs Boldore. 1088
Trainer #9 – Quackers vs Sawk. 1152 (Sawk looks like Judo)
Trainer #10 – Quackers vs Gurdurr. Lv 38. Chatters vs Boldore. Lv 37. 1360.

I find: Star Dust x2, Moon Stone, Max Potion, Ether, Nugget, Revive, Elixir, PPUp, Ice Gem, Ultra Ball, Fire Gem, Fighting Gem, Protein, TM 91 Flash Cannon,

I find the Ice Rock at the bottom of the Quarry. Level up into Glaceon if needed. I run into Cheren and a Grunt from Plasma. The Grunt then runs.

Old 03-13-2011, 04:09 PM   #107
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

On the other side, someone tells me about Dragonspiral Tower. While walking through a pond, I run into a Palpitoad! I catch it with one throw.

Palpitoad
Level 31
Named Spotlight
Water/Ground
Male

Old 03-13-2011, 04:14 PM   #108
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

keep moving through this pond, and I run into a Pokemon I’ve not seen before – Stunfisk. Go Ultra Ball!

Stunfisk
Level 32
Named Mudflop
Ground/Electric
Male

Old 03-13-2011, 04:16 PM   #109
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I keep moving in the pond and eventually encounter a third one. Shelmet. Ultra Ball away!

Shelmet
Level 30
Named Nauty
Bug
Female

Old 03-13-2011, 04:44 PM   #110
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Icirrus City

I find a PC. Let’s heal up and look at my new Pokies. There’s a man inside who likes mineral things. I sell him my nuggets for 10k each. I also sell star pieces, star dust, and pearls. I even sell one of my two Everstones. I buy:

21 Revives
52 Hyper Potions
31 Full Heal
12 Max Repel

(They have Blizzard, Thunder and Fire Blast TMs here for 70k each).

I find a Poke Fan Club, and the chair gives me an Exp. Share when I show him my Emboar and how I’ve raised it.

Chatters gets to lv 38 and 39 after fighting some wild Pokies in the pond area.

I find Max Revive, TM 31 Brick Break, Paralyz heal, Ultra Ball, Timer ball, Poison Barb, TM 36 Sludge Bomb.

Old 03-13-2011, 07:30 PM   #111
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Surf Wars

I head back to the firs town, and then surf around to see what I can find. Hopefully, this will find me some cool items, places, and Pokemon!

I find a river on Route One and hit it. I run into a Basculin, but I already have one, and this guy is level 5. I start a list of all of the things I was able to find, dig up, was given, or won in battle.

Trainer #1 – Route 1, Victini vs Swoobat, lv 35. Two Returns takes it out. Fourde vs Semisear. Rise to Lv 39. 4200
Trainer #2 – Rte 1, Snorts vs Frillish. Hamme Arm doesn’t effect Frillish – Ghost/Water? Go Foudre. Vs Frillish again. This one is pink. 1088.
Trainer #3- Rte 1, Snorts vs Cinccino. It looks much different. Chatters vs Zebstrika. 2100.

Snorts to level 38 when fighting a wild Scraggy. I skip Assurance. I hit the ocean on Route 17, adjacent to Route 1, and begin to swim around, just looking for a Pokie friend.

I found: Max Ether, Persim Berryx2, Pearl, Big Mushroom.

I find a level 14 Frillish. I toss a Net Ball. I caught it!

Frillish
Level 14
Named Bluetail
Ghost/Water
Male

Old 03-13-2011, 08:27 PM   #112
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Route 17

I come back to 17 after a heal. This is west of Route 1 and the first town.

Trainer #1 – Foudre vs Basculin x2. 1088.
Trainer #2 – Foudre vs Alomomola. Lv 40 for Foudre.

I run into a wild Almomola. It rejects a Net Ball. It breaks two more despite paralysis, so I slide o Great Ball. It breaks out of one. Alright you level 19 ponce. Dusk ball. Caught it.

Almomola
Level 19
Named Chanseal
Water
Female

Old 03-13-2011, 09:53 PM   #113
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Trainer #3 – Foudre vs Basculin. Again. Lev 41.
Trainer #4 – Quackers vs Boldore. Crustle? What’s that. I leave in Quackers. Evolved Dwebble? Lv 39. 1088

Someone here is willing to give me an egg to raise, but I have a full party. I Fly back and return, after dropping off Judos. Level 39 and 40 for Snorts fighting wild Pokies. Victini 38th.

Find DeepSeaTooth

I run into a Crustle! It takes 3 Dusk Balls.

Crustle
Level 35
Named Blockers
Bug/Rock
Female

Old 03-13-2011, 10:17 PM   #114
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Route 18

I picked up the egg.

Trainer #1 – Snorts vs Emolga
Trainer #2 – Snorts vs Basculin. Switch to Foudre. Leave it in vs Darmanitan? Looks like an evolved Darumaka. Foudre falls. Go Quackers. Leave it out for Simisage. Lv 40. I skip Tailwind. 2880.
Trainer #3 – Victini vs Whimsicott. 1680
Trainer #4 – Victini vs Garbodor – evolved Trubbish? 3360
Trainer #5 – Victini vs Frillish. Swap to Chatters. Vs Simipour. Lv 40. 1088
Trainer #6 – Foudre vs Lv 42. Skip learning Agility. Vs Frillish.

I find HM05 Waterfall. That’s a major find!

I use Strength on Snorts and replace Rollout. There are some boulders here I want to move. Then I get caught up in some water and end up in P2, and I find something major. Thunderbolt! I have it replace Discharge of Foudre.

Items: Max Elixir, Calcium, Dragon Scale, Dubious Disc, TM 24 Thunderbolt, Big Pearl, Pearl, Tm 19 Telekinesis, Heart Scale,

There is still some stuff in 17/18 deep out there, but I suspect I’ll have to come out again later.

Old 03-13-2011, 11:39 PM   #115
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Surf Wars Cont

I head down Route 2 looking for water. I find nothing. I check Dreamyard. Nothing. There is a garden here in Striaton City and I surf around. I capture the other color Basculin while running around. Remember Wellspring Cave? I can really explore it now. The bottom floor needs flash, so I leave and will come back later. Route 3. Pinwheel Forest. Route 6 .

Trainer #1 – Rte 3 – Victini vs Simisage. Foudre vs Simipour. Quackers vs Simisear. 3072

I buy 23 Net Balls, Thunder Wave, Gyro ball, 20 more Dusk balls.

Items Found: Zinc, Big Pearl, Elixir, Escape Rope, Full Heal, Rare Candy, Lum Berry, HP Up, Max Ether, Star Piece, Silver Powder, Charcoal, Water Stone, Tm 84 Poison Jab, Silk Scarf. Big Mushroom, Tiny Mushroom

Old 03-13-2011, 11:59 PM   #116
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Mistralton Cave

An old man mentioned that you could find a legendary Pokemon in this cave. It needs flash, but I figured something out. I use the TM for Flash to overwrite Return on Victini. Once I’m done, I can use Return to overwrite Flash back. I also use Strength almost immediately.

Trainer #1 – Snorts vs Drilbur. Victini vs Gurdurr. Lv 39 for Victini. 2112
Trainer #2 – Snorts vs Boldore. Lv 41 for Snorts. 1088

Things I Acquire; Elixir, Everstone, Hyper Potion x3, Max Repel, Steel Gem, Ultra ball, Hard Stone, Dark Gem,

I run into an Axew. It’s that small dragonish guy again. If I capture it, perhaps it will be this generation’s Garchomp! I try a Dusk Ball and…failure. Old fashioned way I suppose. It’s paralyzed. Let’s try another D Ball right quick. Got it!!!

Axew
Level 30
Named Smaug
Dragon
Male

Old 03-14-2011, 12:20 AM   #117
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I work and make it to the final level, and run into an older man who tells me some legends and myths of the world. I used Repel to get me here a little quicker. I can see the legendary from here.

More things I found Post-Smaug – Ghost Gem, TM 80 Rock Slide, PP Up, Iron, Ultra Ball, Dusk Stone, Rare Candy, Carbos, Revive

Okay, I engage the legendary creature.

Cobalion, Level 42. Lead with Thunder Wave by Foudre. Retrun does very little damage – steel? Thudnerbolt, crit, takes it to deep red. It KO’s Foudre . I toss out a random Pokemon. Here come a lot of Dusk Balls. Caught it on the 9th Ball.

Cobalion
Level 42
No Name Change
Steel/Fight
No Gender

The old man talks to me and says the other two of Cobalion’s trio are waiting as well.

Can you imagine how redundant my party would be with Cobalian, Emboar AND Throh on it? I gotta try to find a place on my team for this guy, while also perhaps finding other legendaries, and Axew levels up and the Egg I have hatches, and…wow.

I had the same six Pokemon for a LONG time, and then I ditched Judos for the egg, perhaps temporarily. Now it may all be changing. What does Chatters offer my team, long term? Will there be a place for Victini after I add a bunch more legendaries?

I remember a myth stating that an old legendary was in Pinwheel Fores,t so that’s where I’m heading next.

Old 03-14-2011, 12:32 AM   #118
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I use Escape Rope. I fly to Nacrene City and heal at the PC. I deposit Chatters and Victini and grab Axew and Cobalian. I give Smaug Exp Share and Cobalion the Soothe Bell.

The area in the back of the forest that had the crazy four stones is gone and I enter another section. It’s in front of me. Hello Verizion. Thunder Wave Foudre. It knows Giga Drain, so I gotta hit it with a Ball occasionally. It ko’d Foudre. Go Cobalion. Dusk Ball away! Misses. The third one catches it.

Virizion
Level 42
No Nickname
Grass/Fighting
No gender

Well, taking Tepig for its ability to get fight later is looking like more and more like a bad call.

Old 03-14-2011, 06:37 PM   #119
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Wellspring Cave

I don’t remember any clues in game as to where the third is. It’s name was Terralion or something like that. Terra is earth, or ground. Which means it could be in a cave – that’s my best guess. I don’t remember any other places that might have it that I’ve been so far, except for one – the bottom floor of Wellspring Cave. I fly back to a PC and drop off Cobalion for Victini.

I use Repel early to get to the stairs down. Next floor down, so I use Flash.

Trainer #1 – Quackers vs Scraggy. Vs Throh. Vs Sawk. 1088
Trainer #2 – Quackers vs Gurdurr. Vs Sawk. Lv 41. Lv 31 for Smaug. 1120
Trainer #3 – Victini vs Gurdurr. Vs Throh. 1120

Things I find: Max Potion, Hyper Potion, Dive ball, Revive, Mystic Water, Max Elixir, TM 52 Focus Blast, TM 47 Low Sweep.

Well, I found a few TMs, and some other cool items, but there was nothing unusual down her in any way. Back up top we go.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-14-2011 at 06:38 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:47 PM   #120
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The egg hatches as I move about.

Larvesta
Level 1
No Name Given
Bug/Fire
Male

Hmm, I wonder what it will grow into?

Old 03-14-2011, 07:23 PM   #121
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Icirrus City Gym

I deposit Larvesta, grab Cobalion, and head to the gym.

I get a Fresh Water after I step in. Here we go!

Trainer #1 – Victini vs Cubchoo. Again. Vs Cryogonal. It’s a giant snowflake. Smaug lv 32. 1120
Trainer #2 – Victini vs Cryogonal. 1184
Trainer #3 – Victini vs Cubchoo. 2368
Trainer #4 – Victini vs Cubchoo. Vs Vanillish. Lv 40. 2304
Trainer #5 – Victini vs Vanillish. Again. Smaug to 33. 2304
Trainer #6 – Victini vs Vanillish. Vs Cubchoo. 2304

Ysabel vs Brycen – Gym Battle

Go Cobalion. He starts with Vanillish. Iron Head attack! OHKO! Steel is really good vs Ice. He is sending in something named Beartic. Hmm. Evolved Cubchoo? Stay in Cobalion. It’s a mean looking large polar bear thing. Much like the cute little Teddiursa because big nasty Ursaring, the cute and stupid Cubchoo because Beartic. Iron Head does a lot of damage to it. It tries Brine to not much success. Use Sacred Sword! (Fight attacks are also super good vs Ice). Beartic falls. Last one of his is Cryogonal. Stay in Cobalion. His pokies are all in the high 30s, this one is 37, so I think I would have done well in his gy,m and in this battle even without a new legendary to play with. Sacred Sword! OHKO. Lv 34 for Smaug. 4680.

I get a Freeze Badge! I only need one more. Tm 79 Frost Breath.

I run into Bianca and Cheren outside and they are wondering if Cheren has changed. He’s being very introspective. The Gym Leader comes out and points that Plasmites were hiding and listening. They reveal themselves . The Shadow Triad is here. Ghetsis has a message for me, to come to Dragonspiral Tower. Lord N waits for me there. Cheren and the gym leader head off north toward the tower.

Old 03-15-2011, 07:45 PM   #122
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

For a bit, I’m going to grab Chatters, give him Lucky Egg, and move around the town, getting him levels, and getting Axew levels as well with his Exp Share. I want to get Axew to the place where he can really do some damage, and Chatters is my best grass Pokie by far, so when I need him for rock, ground or water, I can call on him, plus he takes out two of the three wild Pokemon here easily, and they are the highest level I’ve encountered, so should enable the fastest growth of Axew.

Okay, some updates.

I also came across a shiny Shelmet, level 30. I’ve only had two shinies before, a Graveller and a Buizel. This is just my third shiny!

I thought that, perhaps, my 100 strong Pokedex would warrant a prize from the Prof, but no dice.

At level 43 is Smaug, Quackers, and Chatters is at 44.

Smaug, my Axew, evolved into a Fraxure.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-15-2011 at 07:46 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:31 PM   #123
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Who do I put in my party? I’ve got a Pokeproblem.

Victini is Fire and Psychic
Snorts is Fire and Fight
Cobalion is Fight and Steel

Why is my starter in my party? With Victini and Cobalion, I have fire and fight covered, plus steel and psychic – good stuff. Now, the problem is the comparison let’s look under the hood:

Victini is level 40. It’s stats are 93, 98, 84, 103, 93. It’s ability, Victory Star, boosts the accuracy of itself and its allies. It has the following moves:

Confusion – 50 power special attack
Flame Charge – 50 power physical attack
Return – 100ish power physical attack
Searing Shot – 100 power special attack

With a higher attack then special attack, Flame Charge and Return will tend to do more damage, typically. The problem with this is simple. I am relying on it as a Psychic Pokemon, and it has a 50 power psychic attack that uses its special attack, not its physical one. I don’t have a TM that can save me, such as Psychic or something. I don’t know what’s coming down the pike later, but Victini’s move,s thus far, have been really disappointing. Imagine Victini without Return and Searing Shot, which I gave it with a TM and a Heart Scale. Ick.

Snorts is level 41. His stats are 120, 58, 89, 72, 73. Its ability, Blaze ups its fire moves in a pinch.

Flame Charge – 50 power phys attack
Heat Crash - ??? power phys attack
Strength – 80 power physical normal attack
Hammer Arm – 100 power. 90 accuracy, physical fight attack

Heat Crash’s power depends on the weight of the target. The lighter the target, the more powerful the move. There are a lot of powerful Pokemon that are heavier, because evolved Pokemon are almost always bigger. Later in the game Heat Crash could be really bad as a result.

The strong thing about Snorts, is that all of his attacks are based on physical attack, and not special attack. It’s clearly his best ability.

Also, imagine him with the weak Arm Thrust and Headbutt. He’d be a weaker Pokemon. Now, finally, Cobalion.

He is level 42. He is Steel/Fight. Stats are 87, 137, 85, 68, 102. His ability raises his attack when he is hit by a Dark move. His attacks:

Helping Hand
Retaliate – 70 power phys norm attack, damage increase if ally fainted in the previous turn.
Iron Head – 80 power physical steel attack
Sacred Sword – 90 power physical fighting attack

It’s Sacred Sword will be weaker than Snorts’s Hammer Arm, but how much? Yes it’s a slightly weaker attack and yes Snorts has a much better attack, but what about the 10% of the time Snorts misses? What about the damage lost by that?

Also, Snorts is very, very weak on defense. Embarrassingly so. A 58 defense for a level 41 Pokemon is laughable. OT be fair, Cobalion’s 68 isn’t that much better for spec def, but at least Cobalion has the steel type to half damage from a majority of attacks.

My party is going to be, for sure: Smaug, Quackers, Foudre. Add in Cobalion and Victini and I’ve got room for another Pokemon. Perhaps the other legendary or Chatters. I have never failed to finish the 8 gym battles and final four without my starter. This could be the first time. Again, I wish I had taken that water starter.

Old 03-16-2011, 12:22 AM   #124
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Dragonspiral Tower

Clearly. This is the next place to go. Bianca finds me at the entrance. Cedric Juniper is here too. Apparently a large group of Plasma folks charged through, and Cheren and Brycen came after. Cedric gives me an Old Gateau. There is some grass here, so I check it out first.

WHOH. I run into the COOLEST LOOKING POKEMON IN THE GAME. Dude that thing looks awesome. Druddigan. In a game of weird things like gears and snot nose pokemon, this is awesome looking. Thunder Wave! I paralyze it and toss a Dusk Ball. It jumps out. It uses Dragon Claw. I try again. I got it!

Druddigon
Level 31
Named Tanith
Dragon
Female

Old 03-16-2011, 12:31 AM   #125
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I keep looking in the grass, and perhaps I can find something else awesome here. I’ve also found Deerlings, and Tranquill. I wonder what else is here. I manage to run into a Mienfoo. I haven’t seen it before either. Interesting. It looks like a fight pokemon, another one – there have been a TON of fight Pokies in this game. I paralyze it. It falls to the first Dusk ball.

Mienfoo
Level 32
Named Stances
Fight
Female

Old 03-16-2011, 12:47 AM   #126
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

After a bit, I realize there are no more new ones here, so I head back to the PC for a quick heal of Foudre and return to the actual Tower. I check out the new dudes while here. Tanith has Rough Skin, a cool ability. Crunch, Dragon Claw, Slash and Chip Away are its moves. Stances has Inner Focus, which prevents it from flinching, a common ability among fight Pokemon. It’s moves are Double Slap, Swift, Calm Mind and Force Palm. Force Palm is just a 60 power attack. Tanith has a much better move set. Much better stats too. I wonder if Tanith evolves. If it doe,s it must be mega powerful, because this one looks pretty good. I currently have the grass/fight legendary in my party, but I could slide into another dragon, that’d be cool. Forget types, I’d just have legendaries and dragons to overwhelm you!

Dragons are good because just one type resists you – steel. You are only weak to ice and dragon attacks but strong against grass, fire, water and electric (easy to remember as Ash’s four main Pokies, or the starters plus Pikachu). Your dragon attacks only are super effective vs other dragons, so you just muscle your way through battle with stronger moves and stronger Pokemon. Many dragons can learn a wide variety of powerful attacks from various elements. I’ve regularly has dragons in my final six – Dragonite once, Garchomp twice, and Flygon once (if you count Pokemon Coliseum and XD as true games), and if you count legendaries, then I’ve had Giratina and Rayquaza and Dialga in my final six as well.

Anyway, let’s head back to the Tower. I want to explore it first.

Old 03-16-2011, 12:51 AM   #127
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Just inside the Tower I hit a Pokemon I really like the look of as well, and one I’ve been waiting to find ever since I battled it a while ago – Golett. It rejects my Thunder Wave, it’s immune. I send in a Dusk Ball naked. I remember that it might have been ground/ghost. Let’s see. A second ball captures it.

Golett
Level 32
Named Automaton
Ground/Ghost
No Gender

Old 03-16-2011, 01:37 AM   #128
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I keep moving in. I find a Mienfoo, so they must be inside as well.

Trainer #1 – Victini vs Vanillish. I keep it in for something named Galvantula. Ah, the evolved form of that electric/bug tik pokie. 4320
Trainer #2 – Victini vs Cubcoo. Quackers vs Darmanitan. Victini vs Leavanny. Lv 41. Flame Burst is learned and replaces Flame Charge. 4200

I get to a level that has a bunch of Grunts on the platform, plus the good guys. I move up there. Cheren and Brycen grab a bunch of grunts and tell me to run on. There are several grunts in my way.

Grunt #1 – Cobalion vs Watchog. 1360
Grunt #2 – Cobalion vs Liepard. 1360
Grunt #3 – Cobalion vs Scraggy. 1360
Grunt #4 – Cobalion vs Liepard. Again. Lv 43. 1320
Grunt #5 – Cobalion vs Watchog. Vs Scraggy. Vs Krokorok. 1280

On a level two floors up I run into a quartet of Grunts. They all attack in a row.

Grunt #6 – Foudre vs Watchog. Smaug vs Krokorok. 1320
Grunt #7 – Foudre vs Krokorok. Switch to Quackers. Switch to Cobalion after confusion. 1360
Grunt #8 – Foudre vs Trubbish. Lv 43. Smaug vs Liepard. 1320
Grunt #9 – Foudre vs Watchog. 1360

I found: TM 63 Embargo, Heart Scale, Hyper Potion, Stardust x2, Shiny Stone, Dragon Fang, Star Piece, Revive, Max Elixir.

N has captured the legendary dragon Pokemon, but he’s rather nice. No gloating, he just tells me that I need to capture it’s counterpart. I need to find the Dark Stone.

Old 03-16-2011, 01:53 AM   #129
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Outside we have a pow-wow. Invoved in the Council of War, Gym Leader Brycen, Me, Cedric Juniper, Cheren, Bianca and now here comes Alder, the Unova Champion. He gives a lot of exposition, and tells me to meet him at Relic Castle. I’ve been there before, but couldn’t go down the stairs. Perhaps now I can. But first. I need to figure out if my 6th Pokemon is going to really be Virizion. Allow me to explain.

Here’s what Grass attacks are really good against: Water, Rock, and Ground. Nice! I have in my party, Foudre and Quackers. They have STABed Flying, Water, and Electric attacks. Here’s what they cover:

Grass
Bug
Fight
Flying
Water
Ground
Rock
Fire

Those three types alone account for coverage for 8 types of Pokemon. They include all of the types vulnerable to Grass. A Grass attacks adds little to my team. Now, it does add something. For example, Peliptoad is water/ground, so the Electr attacks won’t work against it. Grass is better there.

Fire adds Ice and Steel to the types I’m good against, while Psychic adds Poison. Thus, Victini, Foudre and Quackers alone have coverage of 11 of the 17 types. When you add Cobalion, which I’m not moving, and you can add Normal and Dark, giving me type coverage against 13 of the types in four Pokies. Add in Smaug and I have 14 types covered. Here are the types left: Ghost, Electric, and Psychic. Electric is only vulnerable to ground so it’s not super common to have a STAB ground attack. Ghost is only vulnerable to Ghost and Dark. Psychic is vulnerable to Dark, Ghost, and Bug. So, here;’s what’s cool – Golett is Ground AND Ghost. That means if I added it to the team, I would have a STAB attack that is super effective against every single type out there, and that’s pretty rare to see. It doesn’t look good enough, but my guess is it evolves there is a missing space past it in the Pokedex.

Of course, because of the nature of weakness, I actually am STAB attacks against almost every Pokemon already. Since a Pokie that is half one type is equally weak as one that is soley that type, the only Pokemon I am currently without a STAB attack are pure Ghost, pure Psychic, pure Electric, Elect/Psy, Elect/Ghost, and Psy/Ghost. I haven’t seen any of those mixes yet, and they are pretty awkward combinations. The pures are out there, but rememeber that I have something to hang my hat on against every Pokemon that’s Ghost, Psychic or Electric and has another type. I can surf the Ground/Electric and Thunderbolt the Flying/Psychic. I can also Dragon through anything that not’s Steel.

So, Golett would be nice, but it’s not necessary. I would like Psychic coverage, but I can do that with a Bug or Dark. I haven’t liked the Darks I’ve encountered ,but I do have that Fire/Bug I hatched out there. I haven’t much cared for the Ghosts I’ve found either.

Basically, my 6th spot is superfluous. I can play anything I want there, just something that’s powerful or redundant or fun. I could put Automaton or Tanith there and hand the Exp Share. On the other hand, it’s likely to be where the next legendary goes, so perhaps I just put a TM placeholder until I find it. Let’s go immediately to the Relic Castle.

Old 03-16-2011, 02:21 AM   #130
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Relic Castle

I arrive with Cheren. The sand is cleared away and I can go down now.

Grunt #1 – Victini vs Watchog. Quackers vs Krokorok. Lv 44 Again. 2720

I intentionally fall down quicksand.

Grunt #2 – Victini vs Scraggy. Cobalion vs Watchog. 2800

Okay, NOW I’ve seen it all. I run into a sarcophagus Pokemon! It’s called Cofagrigus. It eventually killed itself by using Curse twice. I tried three Dusk balls and failed at them all, despite half life and paralysis. In run into another shortly thereafter. Thunder Wave! I catch it. It’s an evolved Yamask.

Cofagrigus
Level 35
Named - Coffins
Ghost
Female

Old 03-16-2011, 02:28 AM   #131
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Grunt #3 – Foudre vs Garbodor. 1440

I run into a Krokorok. I can’t paralyze it because its ground. It takes 8 Dusk Balls to capture, and busted out at the last second on 5 of those. That hurts my numbers of Dusk Balls a lot for the final guy. I’ve used about 15 or so on this and Coffins.

Krokorok
Level 35
Named Croatoa
Ground/Dark
Female

Old 03-16-2011, 02:42 AM   #132
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Grunt #4 – Victini vs Krokorok. Switch to Quackers. 2880
Grunt #5 – Victini vs Liepard. Switch to Cobalion. Lv 42 for Victini. Smaug vs Trubbish. Again. 2720
Grunt #6 – Cobalion vs Watchog. Vs Scraggy. Lv 44. 1400
Grunt #7 – Cobalion vs Trubbish. Vs Liepard. 1400

I run into Alder and Ghetsis and Cheren. There’s a ton of diagloue and plot exposition. Ghetsis leaves. The Dark Stone is supposedly not here. We head outside without giving me a chance to explore that final level. The prof calls and tells me to meether at the musem in Nacrnee City.

Things I acquired – Max Potion, Tm 30 Shadow Ball, Max Revive, PP Up, Sun Stone, Super Potion

Old 03-16-2011, 05:33 PM   #133
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Route 8

Well, let’s head to Nacrene City after I go somewhere else to heal. I buy 51 Dusk Balls. Just in case. Both Prof Juniper are here, and Bianca and Alder. Gym Leader Lenora comes out. She presents a stone found in Desert Resort that she was researching. Alder asks me if I really want it, because that means I have to battle N if Alder falls as the Champion. I agree. They tell me to travel to the next city and fight the Gym leader there who knows a lot about dragons.

Trainer #1 – Smaug vs Frillish. Foudre vs Ducklett. 1088
Trainer #2 – Smaug vs Cincinno. 2160
Trainer #3 – Smaug vs Basculin. Lv 44. Foudre vs Basculin. 1088
Trainer #4 – Smaug vs Alomomola. 1120

I find: Full Heal, Full Restore, Pecha Berry, Ultra Ball, TM 42 Façade, Smooth Rock, TM 43 Flame Charge, TM 56 Fling

I find a place called the Moor of Icirrus, and I may return later.

I run into Bianca and she wants a battle. Smaug vs Stoutland Victini vs Serperior. Foudre vs Simipour. Lv 44. Vs Musharna. 8000. She gives me a Full Restore after battle.

On the tubeline bridge is Ghetsis with the Shadow Triad. He gives me more plot exposition and dialogue. Then leaves.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-17-2011 at 09:17 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:47 PM   #134
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Shopping Mall Nine

I find Shopping Mall Nine on this route. Let’s take a look around. I buy:

10 Max Repel
20 Ultra Ball
20 Timer Ball
20 Quick Ball
10 X Attack
15 X Defend
10 X Special Attack
10 X Special Defend
5 X Speed
5 X Accuracy
2 Escape Rope

They have Hyper Beam and Giga Impact for 90k each

Trainer #1 – Mall – Victini vs Minccino. Vs Lilligant. 2880
Trainer #2 – Mall – Victini vs Liepard. 11520 – lotsa dough
Trainer #3 – Mall – Victini vs Minccino. Lv 43. Foudre vs Lampent??? Evolved form of the candle Pokemon probably. 2880
Trainer #4 – Mall – Victini vs Stoutland. Victini faints after a crit Crunch. Go Quackers! 11520

I find: PP Up, Thunderstone,

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-17-2011 at 09:17 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:57 PM   #135
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Route 9

After the tubeline bridge we arrive at Route 9, and then I hit the mall before heading out to face trainers and explore some grass.

Trainer #1 – Cobalion vs Pawniard. That looks cool. Bug/Steel? Steel/Fight? Sacred Sword was super effective, so probably steel. 1184.
Trainer #2 – Cobalion vs Krokorok. Quackers vs Garbodor.
Trainer #3 – Cobalion vs Krokorok. Vs Scraggy. 1152
Trainer #4 & #5 – Cobalion and Smaug vs Scraggy and Scraggy. 2368
Trainer #6 – Cobalion vs Scraggy.

Things Found – Lemonade

I head into the grass and find that cool looking Pawniard. I Thunder Wave it. Go Ultra Ball! Failure. Success on the next throw.

Pawniard
Level 32
Named Kabuto
Dark/Steel
Female

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-17-2011 at 09:18 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:00 PM   #136
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I kept moving and found a Duosion, the evolved form of Solosis. Go quick ball. Go it.

Duosion
Level 31
Named Mitosis
Psychic
Male

Old 03-16-2011, 06:03 PM   #137
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

A short bit later, I run into Garbodor, the evolved form of Trubbish. Go Quick Ball! Gotcha!

Garbodor
Level 31
Named Otyugh
Poison
Female

Old 03-16-2011, 06:12 PM   #138
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I manage to find an HP Up, Max Ether, Full Restore, and a cave. Its guarded and I’m not allowed in yet. Quackers is level 45 after fighting wild pokies. I capture another Pawniard when I find a level 38 one in the bush. I name it Pikers. I leave the Route.

Old 03-16-2011, 07:19 PM   #139
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

These names make me giggle!
Otyugh!
Looks like Lint with Candy to me too.

Mitosis just pleases me. hehe
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:36 PM   #140
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Opelucid City

Alder is at the entrance and takes me to a section were Ghetsis and Plasma are preaching to the people. He gives his speech and leaves. Then Alder moves us to talk with Iris and Drayden. After a ton of plot, I take a detour to the PC to get healed. I return and follow Iris and Drayden to his house. A crap-ton more exposition. Afterwards, time to head out. Iris is waiting for me at the gym.

There’s a weird house where someone wants me to get a Pokemon from another world (Pokemon Black) that knows charge, and then show it to him.

There are several ways to go. Back to the Moors, north to something, east to something, and a Battle house I skipped, but I want to hit the gym now.

Items obtained: Float Stone, Ring Target, Max Repel, Gift Box (prop). Ultra Ball, Destiny Knot

Old 03-16-2011, 08:37 PM   #141
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
These names make me giggle!
Otyugh!
Looks like Lint with Candy to me too.

Mitosis just pleases me. hehe

Glad you like them!

Old 03-16-2011, 09:08 PM   #142
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Opelucid City Gym

I throw Smaug in front. I get fresh water, yay. I wonder what the puzzle in this gym will be?

Trainer #1 – Smaug vs Fraxure. Mine’s 3 levels higher. Dragon Claw! OHKO. 2460 I take the Eviolite from Smaug and give it Lucky Egg. I want it to level up as quickly as possible in here.
Trainer #2 – Smaug vs Deino? It looks like a shaggy dinosaur. Dragon Claw tears through it. 2460
Trainer #3 – Smaug vs Fraxure. Lv 45. Vs Fraxure again. Dragon Claw is just eviscerating my foes. 2400.
Trainer #4 – Smaug vs Fraxure. 2460
Trainer #5 – Smaug vs Druddigon. Lv 46. First time I took damage so far. 3360
Trainer #6 – Smaug vs Deino. Vs Fraxure. Victini vs Druddigon. 4680
Trainer #7 – Smaug vs Deino. Vs Druddigon. Lv 47. 2400
Trainer #8 – Smaug vs Fraxure. Again. 3280

Okay, I am at the gym leader Iris’s platform. That took a while. I have Smaug in front, I’ve saved the game, here we go.

Ysabel vs Iris: 8th Gym Badge Battle

I lead with Smaug, and she leads with a level 41 Fraxure. Go Dragon Claw. Fraxure is down. I switch Pokemon vs the Druddigon. Go Victini! Confusion! It uses Revenge afterwards, which is not that effective vs my Psychic. Confusion again. A 3rd one. It uses some ability called Night Slash which is super effective. Yuck. Confusion. Victini is at three, and the Druddigon is deep in red. I know she’ll use Full Restore this turn, so I use it to switch to Cobalion. Sacred Sword! Revenge is super powerful vs Steel, I forgot about that. Sacred Sword again. It uses Night Slash, and that does little. Cobalion’s attack increases due to Justified, when it takes a Dark attack. One more Sacred Sword! She uses another potion. Sacred Sword is a lot more power, and with the Shell Bell, I’m healing rapidly. Another. That’s it, it falls. Lv 45 for Cobalion. She is about to send in Haxorus, so go Smaug.

I think Haxorus is the evolved Smaug, but its level 43. When do I evolve into it? It looks mega cool. I just have to hope I can out speed out. DRAGON CLAW. It goes first, but uses Dragon Dance. OHKO from Smaug, and he hits lv 48. He wants to learn swords dance, let me take a look. I have Dragon Dance, which is attack and speed. This is double attack. I stick with Dragon Dance. 10320 for us!

Hold on. Smaug is evolving after combat! Smaug is now a cool looking Haxorus. We get the Legend Badge! She also hands TM 82 Dragon Tail.

Old 03-16-2011, 10:32 PM   #143
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Outside, I run into Prof Juniper who has news on how to resurrect the legendary Pokémon from the Dark Stone. She gives me the Master Ball. I intend to head back to Irricus and exploring the Moor. I think that’ll be a good first step. Actually, I think I might check out route 10 and 11 real quick to see if I can find any really cool Pokemon.

I entered the battle house and now I’m in a three way battle. I am fighting the Simi trio and I have Foudre, Quackers, and Smaug. Lv 45 for Foudre. We take them out in two turns 2340. I find another triple battler. I dispatch VIctini, Smaug and Foudre. I am paired against Elgyen, Mienfoo, and Pawniard. We take them all out on turn 1. 4680

The Route 11 way is closed right now. I am told there is a big storm on Route 7. I decide to go check it out. Wow, that is a huge storm with massive rain and thunder and lightning. I check the grass, maybe there are different Pokies out now?

Smaug levels to 49. I encountered something like 15 Pokies in the wild, but nothing different. Nobody mentions anything on the first floor of Celestial Tower. Hmm. I keep exploring. Finally something new. Grandma from the house says that That Pokemon has come again. She tells me to avoid the tall grass. She invites me inside. She offers soup. She tells me of a Pokemon named Thundurus. It creates thunderstorms. These conditions are because of it..

I save the game and head out. I see the legendary as I leave. It flies in front of me Then it flies away and the storm stops. Huh. So I assume that I can tell the running legendary by the storm, since I have nothing else. I have spent the last few weeks in Heartgold and Platinum catching the runners – I caught Cresselia, Mesprit, Entei, Raikou, Moltres, Zapdos and Arictuno all as runners. I grab a seat in front of the TV, fly to a city, and start walking in and out of the city and the rote. Then when the route is raining, I’ll try the old Repel trick to see if I can’t get it.

Old 03-16-2011, 11:50 PM   #144
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Capturing Thundurus

Okay, I ran into storming on Route 9. Let’s try the repel trick to see if it works. I am not running into him, my Pokies must be too high of a level for the repel trick to work. What level is this guy? 40? 35? Okay, I hit it. It’s level 40. I use Thunder Wave. I want to paralyze it first. It is paralyzed, and then flees, as I expect. Now I could always just Master ball catch it. The runners are the most annoying legendaries to find. I need a hunter than it’s the high 30s. Let me take a gander at those I have available. I grab the level 38 Pawniard named Pikers. I put it in front.

I run into the storm again on Route 9. I try the repel trick again. It works, and I hit the legendary. I use Metal Claw but it’s not very effective and does virtually nothing. I hit it again before the Max Repel runs out. Slash does little damage. I get it a third time on the same M Repel. Assurance does a legit amount. It’s in the yellow.

I use a second Max Repel and hit it a 4th time. Assurance takes it to the early red. I get a 5th hit with this MR. It avoids the Metal Claw attack. 6th time. This time it hits and moves it to teh deep red. Now it’s no to attack and yes to Quick Balls. They have a massive chance to capture on the first turn, which is all you have with the runners. I hit it 7th time. Quick ball go! Nope. 8th time. 2 failed QBs.

New Max Repel. 9th hit. No good. 10th hit. It busts out at the very end. Depressing. 11th hit. No good. 12th. It busted out early. 13th. It gets all the way to the end before busting out again. Argh. 14th. Nope. 15th. Nothing.

I decide to turn off the game and take a bath. I grab a bite to eat, and then head to the bath. I can capture Thundurus. No sooner am I in the tub completely when I capture it.

Thundurus
Level 40
No Nickname
Flying. Electric
Male

If I were to give him a nickname, it’d be Zeus.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-16-2011 at 11:51 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:39 PM   #145
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Okay, let’s talk turkey. Virizion is not something I need, type wise. That gives me a 6th slot and Thundurus makes sense there, but he duplicates things I already have. Thundurus has better stats than Foudre, despite Foudre being 5 levels higher. It’s silly to keep Foudre in the party. Thundurus’s moves are a bit wonky, but I can fix that with Thunder Wave, Thunderbolt and perhaps Fly. At that point, the only reason to keep Quackers is the water/surf thing. If I find a more powerful water Pokemon, it stands to reason that I would switch to it from Quackers. Let me take a gander and my pokies again.

Alright, I drop off Quackers and Foudre grab both Spotlight and Thundurus. Spotlight is given an Exp Share, and Thundurus a Lucky Egg. Thundurus now knows Fly, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave and Heal Block. Whoah! I booted up Surf and guess what? Smaug can learn Surf! I may not even need a water Pokemon. Let’s take a closer look at types again:

Here’s what I am good against with Thundurus, Victini, Cobalion, Smaug.

Water
Flying
Grass
Bug
Fight
Steel
Ice
Poison
Rock
Dark
Normal
Dragon

Water adds Ground and Fire to that list. However, Spotlight is a ground Pokie, and would add STAB vs Electric. So Spotlight gives me three more, and that’s pretty sexy. That’s 15 out of 17. Only Psychic and Ghost are missing. I don’t have to go with water if I teach Smaug Surf. Perhaps someone else. Automaton gives me Ground vs Electric and Fire and Ghost vs Ghost and Psychic. Only Ground wouldn’t have a super effective STAB attack against it, but it would still have Smaug’s super effective Surf vs it, just not STABed.

I grab Automation to take a look. It doesn’t even have a Ghost attack. It can learn Shadow Ball from TM. That’s a good attack. If it can learn Earthquake later this would be an auto choice. I could leave it with the super random Magnitude. Perhaps it will learn something leveling up. Alright, I give it the Exp Share instead, and drop off Spotlight. I teach Surf to Smaug and forget Dragon Dance.

Old 03-17-2011, 08:01 PM   #146
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Moor of Icirrus

Trainer #1 – Thundurus vs Basculin. Automaton vs Stunfisk. 1088
Trainer #2 – Thundurus vs Emolga. Same type battle! Lv 33 for Auto. Vs Alomomola. Vs Maractus. 2040
Trainer #3 – Thundurus vs Vanillish. Vs Fraxure. Lv 34 for Auto. 2100

Lv 41 for Thundurus when fighting a wild Shelmet.

Trainer #4 – Thundurus vs Frillish. Again. 1088

Items Acquires: Max Revive, Sitrus Berry x2, Nugget, Big Mushroom, Max Elixir, Max Potion, Revive, Ultra Ball, Carbos, Max Ether, Smooth Rock

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-17-2011 at 08:02 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:12 PM   #147
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Route 10

Let’s hit the big route!

Trainer #1 – Thundurus vs Scrafty? Evolved Scraggy I suppose. Lv 35 for Auto. It does not learn Night Shade. Victini vs Mienfoo. 2496.
Trainer #2 – Thundurus vs Fraxure. Victini vs Eelektrik? It’s a Lamprey looking thing. Cobalion vs Accelgor. I thought it might be the evolved Krokorok, but it’s not. I have no idea what it is. 4680

I look through my Pokedex. Eelekrik is the evolved of Tynamo, which I have. Accelgor is the evolved form of Shelmet, which is really doesn’t have much of a resemblance to.

Trainer #3 – Thundurus vs Maractus. Lv 42 for T, Lv 36 for Auto. Victini vs Cryogonal. Thundurus vs Alomomola. 6400.

I run into Cheren. He wants to test me. I have Thundurus in front and he leads with a lev 43 Unfezant. Thunderbolt takes care of it. Lv 37 for Auto. Vs Samurott. His fully evolved starter at level 45. A legendary Thunderbolt carves it up. Cobalion is dispatched for Liepard. One Sacred Sword later and it has fallen. Smaug vs Simisear. Surf! Lv 38 for Auto. 4500.

He heals my dudes after the battle and congratulates me. I also get some Max Revives.

While moving through grass, I run into an Amoonguss, an evolved Foongus. Stupid name. I use Thunder Wave and then toss a Dusk Ball. It busts out and then annoyingly poisons Thundurus. I try dealing damage to it, but it just uses Synthesis to heal the damage. I try another DB. I almost get it. I try a couple more times and then Thundurus is taken out. I eventually catch it on the 6th Ball. Jeeves!

Amoongus
Level 39
Named Ballers
Grass/Poison
Male

Old 03-17-2011, 09:17 PM   #148
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I run into another Pokemon I’ve not encountered before – a Bouffalant. I can’t paralyze it, so I drop its HP and try to capture it naked. It breaks free from three balls and then KO’s Cobalion. I capture it on the 4th go

Bouffalant
Level 40
Named Dabills
Normal
Female

Old 03-17-2011, 09:24 PM   #149
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I need to head back for a heal to my dudes. I return and find another new Pokemon in the grass. It’s called a Rufflet. Thunder Wave is successful. Go Dusk Ball! No good. It works the second time.

Rufflet
Level 41
Named Hawkeye
Normal/Flying
Male

Old 03-17-2011, 09:44 PM   #150
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Trainer #4 – Thundurus vs Sawk. Lv 43. I skip learning Discharge. 1280
Trainer #5 – Thundurus vs Gurdurr. Cobalion vs Boldore. Lv 39 for Auto. 1216.
Trainer #6 – Thundurus vs Sawsbuck? (Evolved Deerling, most likely). Victini vs Jellicent. Never seen this, I thought it was the third form of that grass/bug guy, but its an evolved form of the water/ghost thing, so I switch back. 4800
Trainer #7 – Thundurus vs Beartic. Switch to Victini. Smaug vs Seismitoad. Lv 40 for Auto. I switch Iron Defense out for Curse. The next is one I’ve not heard of Escavalier. My guess is an evolved Pawniard. Go Victini. Fire is super effective, so I may have been right. Lv 44 for Victini. 6400.

Things I Obtained: Max Potion, Hyper Potion, Dawn Stone, Dusk Stone, TM 05 Roar, Full Restore

I have arrived at the Badge Check Gates. I pass through the 8 gates.