Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-13-2011, 01:09 AM   #201
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Here we go!

T1 – We win init. Our Ostscout jumps by their Wolf Trap after it falls with trying to land on the building. A T Bolt hits an engine on their Daimyo. Our Goliath destroys its CT and it shuts down,

T2 – We lose init. I hope the Spider next to their Venom. Ostsol next to their Locust. The Trebuchet as well. Our Zeus nails and destroys the LA of their Spider. The Venom destroys our Spider’s LA. Our Spider fires back and hits a medium pulse laser and a engine. Our Spider kicks and destroys the LT of their Venom and it is destroyed. Our Zeus punches the Wolf Trap, hits a leg actuator, and it has to make a piloting skill roll it falls and hits its gyro twice. Dead mech. 3 kills in 2 turns.

T3 – We win init. I hop the Spider behind their Locust. Our Ostsol blows off the Locusts RT. The Attila destroys their PXh’s RA. Theirs responds by nails the engine of the Attila. After focusing a lot of fire on the Mauler this turn, our Trebuchet hits a foot actuator. We punch the PXH’s head with an Attila.

They decide to flee now, before things get too rough. All of my mechs are fine, except the Hunchback and Spider. The Hunchy has taken a lot of external damage, and lost about 60% of his armor. Everybody else is great.

Daimyo RT, LT, LA, RA, H, LL, RL
Venom missing LT, enginex3
Wolf Trap, x2gyro,
LCT-3S Locust RA

Spider missing LA

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 01:26 AM   #202
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We finish fighting the 3rd Dieron Regulars, and they move back. We order the Hunchback and Spider to gather salvage and move back into the DropShip.

Meanwhile, our fighter DropShip moved towards the factory and unleashed the fighters. They buzz the factory. We wanted as few casualties as possible, so they strafe the walls first to give warning. Then a few minutes later, they return to buzz the warehouse and it is destroyed. Meanwhile, their vehicles are out and trying to fire at our fighters. They don’t do much, but a few moments later, a sextet of VTOLs move in from nearby to attack our fighters. We manage to down two of the VTOLS and the rest flee, but it takes a few minutes. Meanwhile, infantry at the factory have set up anti-aircraft artillery and begin raking the sky with Autocannons. We need ground support and flee.

After driving off the Regulars, we observe the rest of the battle between the Horribles. They manage to fight through the Dieron, and the locals are broken and begin to flee. Meanwhile, some of the Horribles turn to face us again. This time, they charge our position! What are they doing?

This is a fight between Hanson’s Horribles and the remaining 10 mechs of Trinity Company

Their Mechs:

Axman *
Victor
Hunchback
BLR-3M BattleMaster *
JVN-10P Javelin *
2x HCT-S Hatchetman *
Thunderbolt
Commando
CN9-D Centurion *
WTH-1S Whitworth variant
QKD-5A Quickdraw variant

This is a very good close in company. It’s clear they must specialize in close range combat. The ones with hatchets and BM are veterans, and the rest are regulars.

This is their Axman, a newer mech with an AC20, axe, large pulse laser, 3xmedium pulses, 4/6/4 movement, XL, 10/20 heat and 10 tons of ferro armor.

Old 10-13-2011, 01:27 AM   #203
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We only have the ten surviving mechs from the previous battle. Our map:

Old 10-13-2011, 09:46 AM   #204
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We only have the ten surviving mechs from the previous battle. Our map:

T1 – We win init. We focus a lot of fire on their Axman. The Attila hits its head with a medium laser.

T2 – We win again. Rock on. I run a PXH behind their Thunderbolt. Our Attila hits the Head of their Axman with a ER PPC and goes internal and hits the cockpit. Dead mech and pilot. Later on we hit the gyro twice and engine three times. It’s dead three ways! Our Zeus will destroys its LA too. Our Archer crushes their Javelin with 36 missiles from its double LRM20s. Ammo explosion, boom. They kick my Phoenix Hawk and it falls.

T3 – We win yay. I stand the PXH and start running with it but it skids and goes off the field. Our Archer attacks the Quickdraw and hits him once in the head, and he is knocked out. Our Trebuchet destroys the Rt of their Commando. Our T Bolt hits the ammo on their Hunchback and another boom.

They’ve had enough, and Hanson’s Horrible’s retreat. We send the injured P Hawk to the stables. Everybody else is still cooking with gas. They lost the battle the monet they chose to put some of their forces on one side and some on the other of some buildings. On one side, I hid my Archer in heavy woods, and jumped and moved my light mechs around for the Scout Lance Shield strategy. On the other, I put all of my power guys right in front and moved them max speed each time. And that is how you do that!

Old 10-13-2011, 10:52 AM   #205
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Axman, fix cockpit, gyrox2, enginex3, missing LA
JVN-10P Javelin RA, LL, LT,LA, H
Hunchback RL
QKD-5A Quickdraw
Commando RA

With everybody wise to us now, defensive troops are getting a problem. We can’t get to the Factory in time to help out, and our fighters retreated. Our Exterminator arrives 5 minutes later. Two more buildings blow up and our infantry return as well. We have garrisoned around the DropShip, and eventually the other one returns. We load up our salvage and men, and get on board and blast off.

We will return on June 28.

Money money money. And salvage!

2.610 mill was the contract.

We have to pay 3.815 mill to fix everything, salaries, etc.

We got parts for the Jav and made it a Javelin 10F. We purchased the CT for Daimyo, engine and gyro – expensive, and fixed it up too. That means we ended up with 7 mechs.

Experience:

Our Goliath MW, Janice Flanders, got her 8th kill and now has Edge: 1.

Old 10-13-2011, 12:24 PM   #206
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Rewind:

March 15 – After a long period of recruiting Braham Essex announces some changes:

Epsilon Company

Ontos; Von Luckner; Goblin Medium Tank; Brutus Assault Tank; Ac2 Carrier; Rommel; Hunter; LRM Carrier; Saladin; J Edgar; Saracen; Saladin

Zeta Company:

Schrek PPC Carrier: Brutus; Zhukov; Bulldog; Schrek PPC Carrier; Harasser; Hunter; LRM Carrier; Saladin; J Edgar; Drillson; Saladin

Now we have two full battalions of tanks. We recruited a bunch of vets. The leader of each is elite, and then each one has three or four regular crews as well to make up the numbers.

We have another announcement

We have purchased four sets of IS Standard Battle Armor and adding four veteran platoons to our garrison. Like our other infantry or central assets, they are available at any time.

K&C is also purchasing a lot of equipment. We’ve had a lot of campaigns recently, so we are picking up more equipment for them. They include:

2 more Boomerang Spotter Planes
8 more Ordinance Transports
2 more coolant trucks
2 more engineering vehicles
2 more BattleMech recovery vehicles
7 more Ferret Light Scout VTOL
8 Rock Rovers
6 more Swift Wind Scout Cars
4 Karnov UR Transport VTOL

Different mech companies sell mechs in different ways. For example,e there are a large number of companies that just make one mech for one military. The Venoms are made just for the Draconis Combine, for example. On the other hand, many are just generally available to whoever wants to purchase them.

Recently, the Free Worlds League mech makers have been selling mechs to the Combine and FedComs to replace lost mechs. Marik hasn’t had any major battles or wars for a while, and thus it doesn’t have a lot of holes on T&A charts.

Since many new designs are available to any buyer with the right C-Bills, we have made a few purchases of recently produced mechs:

2 Hollanders – I want to experiment with the 35 ton mech with the Gauss and no XL engine. A lot of Lyrans aren’t fans because it is such an unconventional mech design, but the Panther is a very effective light mech built around one big weapon - the PPC. The Hunchback is built around being a mobile walking AC20. It’s a great mech.

2 Watchman – Designed for our Friend, Duke Sandoval and his people, we really like the Watchman, a cheap, 40 ton mech that has good movement, max armor and good weapons.

2 Apollos – This 55 ton make is being made in giant amounts in the Free Worlds League and sold all over the place. They are 4/6 with 2 LRM15s with Artemis, ad 2 small pulse laser – don’t forget max armor and no XL. It’s one of my favorite mechs from the 3055 TRO. I can’t get many of my others – Huron Warrior, Salamander, Penetrator, Naginata, etc, but I can get these.

2 Gallowglas – From one jump away in Outreach, these are being sold. 70 tons, no XL, 12 tons of armor, 4/6/3, ER PPC, 2x large lasers, 2x medium pulses, small laser, 18/36 heat. A solid energy based design with the ability to be in the field for a while.

Braham will remain on Outreach for another few months, for a final few projects, and then return.

Old 10-13-2011, 04:35 PM   #207
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

April 1 – Contracts!

Dracs want garrison
ComStar would like security
FedCom wants security
Company would like pirate hunting – in the periphery

At first, I didn’t want to do the security contracts, but then I rolled and the FedCom one is on Nusakan – three jumps away and juts five days from the jump point to the planet. That interests me. Let’s send Cinq to go and play nice with the locals:

Cinq Security

Salvage: Full
Salary: x1.3, x3.7, x1.3, x1.5 if we face the clans
Support: Battle Loss 50%
Command: House
Remuneration: Yes, x1.05
Length: 4 months
Transport: Full
15% Bonus

We arrive on April 29

The contracts ends on Aug 29 and they come back on Sept 21. Nothing happens during the contract. We made 1.233 mill and we paid 329k for company since last contract.

Old 10-13-2011, 05:17 PM   #208
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

May 1 – Contracts

FedCom – Garrison
Rasalhague – Recon Raid
St. Ives – Pirate Hunting
Blake – Riot/Garrison

Rasalhague want a recon deep in clan space. Nah

We don’t want any of the others.

June 1 – Contracts

Periphery – O Raid, don’t care who or where
Rasalhague – Extraction Raid – target Drac world of Eltanin
Free Worlds – Relief Duty
Drac – Garrison
ComStar – O Raid on Nathan – 2 jumps away

Bruiser, with Amalgamated Bliss, Extraction Raid

Salary: x1.6, x4, x1.2, x1.5 if we face the clans
Command: Indy
Length: 2 months
Transport: 100% Reimbursement
22.5% Bonus

Bruiser will arrive on Aug 14. Once there, the task will be to hit a Drac base hard, and free three Rasalhague prisoners. They are supposedly political prisoners who could help FRR rebuild but are in Drac jail for being too openly Anti-Kurita. We are also sending two squads of infantry.

We also want to do the Smash of ComStar, on a very close by Blake held world. It’s the same as before. They’ve tried other mercenary groups, but many have failed to be as successful as us, so they want us to smash deep and destroys more Blake units.

We’ll send in Defender Company

Salary: x1.6, x4, x1.3, x1.5 if we face the clans
Length: 1 months
17.5% Bonus

They arrive on June 24.

We’ll’ do them first.

They are all level 2 tech mechs.

KGC-000 King Crab, veteran
Zeu-9S Zeus, elite
HUR-W0-R4L Huron Warrior, regular
GLT-3N Guillotine, elite
WSP-3M Wasp, green
Apollo, veteran
EXC-B2 Excalibur, veteran
FLA-17 Flea, elite
WVR-7M Wolverine, regular
KTO-19 Kintaro, regular
CP-11-A Cyclops, green
CLNT-2-3U Clint, green

This is their King Crab, a 100 ton mech with two AC20s, LRM15, large laser, 15 heat sinks, 16 tons of ferro fib armor, 3/5 movement, CASE and just one ton of ammo for each of its big guns – so 5 shots
each.

Right now, Blake has old Star League era mechs like ComStar, new refits and versions of old mechs, and Marik exclusive mechs they’ve picked up in the last year.

Old 10-13-2011, 08:24 PM   #209
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Here we go!

T1 – We win init. The Orion nails a leg actuator on their Clint. It falls.

T2 – We win init. They stand up the Clint and move it away. While trying to run and turn on the ferrocrete, their Wolverine skids and falls. Their Cyclops’s MASC freezes and destroys two actuators on its leg. Their King Crab’s AC20 nails the H of our Orion and destroys the mech and kills the MW. Our Whitworth destroys the LT and Rl of their Clint. The Huron Warrior falls. The Clint does too and the pilot blacks out. Our Grif hits the engine on their HW. Their Excalibur destroys the LL on my Jav. Our Jav kicks the Wasp, it’s its ammo, and the LT is gone. It falls into water and its RT is breached.

T3 - We lose init. I eject the Jav. Col. Matthews Daishi returns the favor and blows off the King Crab’s H. Meanwhile, our Stalker destroys its RT. Our BM hits the leg actuator on their Huron Warrior. Our Griffin’s LRm10 missiles hit the head of their Apollo and the pilot is knocked out. It falls again. Their Clint pilot is still asleep.

T4 – We win. I run the PXH by their Apollo. Their HW stands. Thor runs behind their Zeus. Both our Comet and PXH try to take off the heads of the knocked out people they are near. Our PXH’s large laser slices right into the Apollo and erases its head. Perfect. Our Comet hits the Clint’s head twice, but does not go internal. That’s okay though, because that’s two more damage to the pilot, and now the chance of waking up is much worse, an 11 or 12. Their Guillotine hits my Thor’s H twice once with an SRM missile and once with a medium laser Luckily, no blackouts, but that’s crazy. Our Thor does hit with two Ultra AC20 shots but neither hits a torso. Dang. That would have crippled their Zeus. Our Warhammer gets lucky and blows the H of their Excalibur with a PPC. Our PXH and their Kintaro fall under damage. Our Thor’s kick opens up their Zeus’s LL and hit two actuator and it fell. It hits an ER PPC in the fall.

T5 – We win init. Their Kintaro rises. I stand the PXH and run behind some trees. Their Zeus does not successfully stand and instead destroys its own LL. They don’t see the Hunch behind a building and their Cyclops turns and I move my Hunch behind it. Our Hunchback’s AC20 hits the LTR, leaves just three internal left , ignites the LRM 10 ammo and boom! Dead mech. Our BM destroys both torsos of their Kintaro. A PPC from the Warhammer knifes into the left leg of their Huron Warrior and its going to fall again. Our Griffin adds an engine hit to their Kintaro. Col. Humphries destroys the LA, LL, LT and RA of their Flea. That’s a dead mech (missing one leg and two arms means it can’t get up). The Daishi kicks and destroys the HW’s LT which takes it out since its an XL mech.

T6 – We lose init. The Kintaro pilot ejects, as he should. Our Thor destroys the Wasp’s CT and RT. The BM hits two leg actuators on their Guillotine. A PPC from the Warhammer nails his head but doesn’t do anything extra. It tumbles and destroys its own RL. We push the Wolverine into the water with a Hermes and it falls, and breaches the CT.

T7 – We lose init. We offer them their lives and they can want back to Blake right now if only they leave their legged mechs. These are their elite pilots, and they need them. Otherwise, we take them and turn them over to ComStar. We’ll even let them have the blacked out pilots. They agree and leave.

Old 10-13-2011, 08:55 PM   #210
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Wasp LA, RA, H, LL, RL
Clint missing RT, LL
King Crab, missing H, RT
Apollo missing H.
Excalibur missing H
Cyclops LA, H
Kintaro missing RT, LT
Flea missing LA, RA, LL, LT
Huron Warrior, missing LT, LA, LL, enginex3
GLT-3N Guillotine missing LL
Zeu-9S Zeus, RL
Wolverine breach in CT

To fix:

Javelin missing LL
Orion missing H

We call up elite pilot Faith Foster to the Orion.

Basically, after everything, we pay 11.024 mill for all of the mechs to work, armor ammo, fixes, and I tossed in our salary too.

Experience:

Col Humphries is getting Tactical Genius
The Thor pilot, Bryson Abasi is getting Edge: 2

They will return on July 28.

Old 10-13-2011, 09:15 PM   #211
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Our other contract was Bruiser to the Dracs.

Aug 14 – As scheduled, we land on Eltanin. Our infantry begins to scout. We need to verify targets.

Sept 2 – That took a while. Security is tight here. They camouflaged a prison as a warehouse for meat. It’s took a lot of surveillance to figure that out. Now that we know, we need to get more info.

Sept 26 – After more than 20 days of constant round the clock surveillance, we know where everything is. The defenders appear to be a company of mechs plus a minor number of armor. We will move in Bruiser Company and smash the front gates, and attack hard. They will need to send all of their units if they want to beat our high technology mechs. Once start fighting with everyone, our infantry will blow a hole into the wall from two sides. One should be able to penetrate in and kill any guards, and rescue our prisoners. Once out, we can either leave, or finish the battle and take salvage. We expect the second, but you never know.

Sept 29 – We begin the mission. We’ve plotted a route that avoids patrols until arriving at the meat warehouse. It works easily, and we are not spotted. Our company of mechs smash on the door with lasers and the defenders start pouring out.

Our foes:

All level 2 mechs by the Dracs, and all veteran

Hatamato Chi
Katana
STC-2D Striker
SDR-7M Spider
STG-5M Stinger
SCP-10 Scorpion
CRB-27 Crab
RFL-5M Rifleman
CRD-4K Crusader
PNT-10K Panther
CN9-D Centurion
AS7-K Atlas

Well, there are some good mechs there. They also have:

Partisan Air Defense Tank, level 2 tech, vet
Mauler City Tank
2x Zhukov Heavy Tank
2x Hetzer Wheeled Assault Gun
2x Medium Goblin Tank

4x Laser Infantry

Their BV is 27k even. Ours is 50980

This is their Striker, an old extinct assault Star League design usually put in garrisons and still with a few hundred models in service.

Old 10-13-2011, 09:52 PM   #212
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

HOLY CRAP. I just found out something severely massive about EE that I didn't know when I chose it as my main planet a long time ago. Now I need to figure out if I want to use it or not.

Old 10-13-2011, 11:14 PM   #213
Tellistto
College Prospect

Do tell!

Tell
Tellistto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:19 PM   #214
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I may incorporate it in Chapter 6.

Old 10-14-2011, 02:36 AM   #215
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

T1 – We win init. Our Warhammer IIc nails their Centurion’s engine once and gyro twice. Dead mech. Our Gladiator hits the ammo on their Striker and it explodes. Another dead mech.

T2 – We lose init. Our Archer immobilizes their Mauler City Tank. The Highlander IIc destroys their Goblin’s RS. Our Rifleman IIc immobilizes a Partisan. The Peregrine destroys the RT of their Scorpion, and it falls since it’s right front leg is now gone. A kick from the Atlas destroys the LL of their Hatamato. Our Gladiator destroys the RT. The pilot blacks out from the fall and a Warhammer punch to the head.

T3 – We win init. I hope the PXH by their Stinger. Their Scorpion fails to stands and hits its engine and gyro once each. Our Archer immobilizes a Hetzer. Their Crab destroys the RA of our Dasher. Our Rifleman IIc destroys the RL and RT of their Spider. Their Stinger falls after missing a kick.

T4 – We lose init. I eject the Dasher. The Stinger stands. Our Rifleman IIc destroys the La and Rt of their Katana. Our PXH destroys the RL, RT and LA of their Stinge,r which is a dead mech walking. The Archer immobilizes a Zhukov. Our Atlas takes an SRM missile and LB 10-X shot to the H. Our Pererine immobilized the other Hetzer. Our Gladiator hits the H of their Atlas with a LPL but nothing more. It also destroys the Atlas’s LA.

T5 – We win init. Their Spider fails to stand. Our Atlas’s ER Large Laser destroys the H of theirs. Our Rifleman hits a foot actuators on theirs. Our Rifleman IIc kicks and destroys the CT of their Spider.

They retreat away from the complex and our infantry have grabbed the prisoners and left already. We occasionally snipe some long range fire at them, but we take our time and get the salvage nice and good. We flee and head out.

Old 10-14-2011, 03:04 AM   #216
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Stinger missing RL, RT, LA
Katana RA
Striker LA, H
Centurion, enginex1 ,gyrox2
Scorpion, RFL
Hatamato missing RT, RA
Spider RA, LT, LA, LL, H
Atlas missing H

Mauler City Tank, immobile
Goblin, RS
Partisan Air Defense Tank, immobile
Hetzer immobilex2
Zhukov immobile

Ours:

Dasher RA

Experience:

Evan, the ex-clanner in the Warhammer IIc got his 4th kill and gains Edge: 1.

We replace the RA of our Dasher with one in storage.

We have to pay: 6.885 mill for tanks, mechs, armor and ammo.

I had to replace the gyro on the Centurion after we couldn’t; repair it.

We made: 1.344 mill

Total lost – 5.541 mill

We will return on December 13

Old 10-14-2011, 11:29 AM   #217
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Kilts and Commandos Roster:

Alpha Regiment:

Heliades Company - Return on June 5, 3055
Styx Company - Return on June 5, 3055
Tethys Company – Return on June 5, 3055
Typhon Company – Return on June 5, 3055
Defender Company – Return on July 28, 3054
Cinq Company – Return on Sept 21, 3054
Brawler Company –
Delta Company – Return on August 19, 3054
Trinity Company – return on June 28
Butler Company –

Bruiser Company – return on December 13
Shadow Company –

Aerospace Company- return on June 28
Tank First Battalion – EE- mining garrison complete on October 15, 3055.
Tank Second Battalion - EE, garrison,
Garrison and Infantry – EE, garrison,

Robin Hood -
Star River - return on June 28
Scots Flotilla – return on June 28
Serendipitous Victory - Return on August 19, 3054
Amalgamated Bliss – return on December 13

Old 10-14-2011, 04:04 PM   #218
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

July 1 – The Star River, Scots Flotilla, Aerospace Company and Trinity Company are back.

Contracts:

St. Ives wants a Garrison
FedCom wants Security
Blake wants assault

Yuck to one and three, and enhhh to two. Where is it? Way out there in Lyran space. Gatineau. Roughly 5-6 months away. No thanks.

We have news:

Aerospace Company is having its name changed to Arrow Company

We have another company we’ve recruited over the last few months, due to the success of the first:

Bolt Company

Lt. Edwin Masters, elite, Typhoon
Kevin O’Bailey, elite, Slayer
Ming Su, veteran, Shilone
May Sheahan, veteran, Shilone

Sgt. Jacques Renault, elite, Chippewa
Giselle Baronne, veteran, Chippewa
Julio Cueva, veteran, Lucifer
Faith Jones, regular, Sholagar

Sgt. Keiko Fukuda, elite, Stuka
Laine Chase, veteran, Lightning
Svetlana Loboda, veteran, Corsair
Molly Mason, regular, Sparrowhawk

July 12 -Takashi Kurita has died and passed the throne on to his son, Theodore Kurita. He committed Seppuku when he realized that his challenge of Jaime Wolf in a duel to the death would harm the Combine no matter who won and who lost. The news of his death was a peaceful heart attack in his sleep.

Old 10-14-2011, 05:10 PM   #219
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

August 1 – Contracts! Defender came back

FedCom - Defense
Free Worlds league – Garrison
Company – Objective Raid
FedCom – Defense

The company wants us to hit Addicks, a major world in the FedCom and just two jumps away. We’ve been told not to take contracts against the FC, but we’ve done a few minor Recon Raids for the Liaos and Mariks.

The company that is contracting us is Johnston Industries. They are a major military producer of tanks, fighters and mechs. Their original factory is on Addicks, but it makes mostly Goblin tanks and some other minor materiel. The major factory is on New Syrtis. They have information that Drac forces have landed on Addicks and are about to attack their factory there. They’ve gone to the FedComs, but they don’t believe the intel. The company has a garrison, but they want to hire an experiencing and elite small force to head in, investigate, and destroy the Dracs.

That’s different. We won’t get people pissed about that, so we decide to take the contract. We are sending:

Arrow Company, Butler Company, Shadow Company, and several spy things. This won’t even negatively impact our recruiting since it’s two jumps and four days from the jump point to Addicks.

Arrow, Butler, Shadow, equipment, three squads of jump infantry,

Salary: x1.6, x3.7. x1.3, x1.5 if we face the clans
17% Bonus

We will arrive on Aug 19.

Old 10-14-2011, 07:17 PM   #220
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Aug 19 – Butler Company lands right by Johnston Industries. They make a big show of being added to Johnston’s garrison. Meanwhile, Shadow and Aerospace disembark in a DropPort roughly 250 klicks away.

With the elementals and jump infantry, Shadow begins to explore the area. If there are Dracs on the planet looking to attack then this would be the area they should be. It’s hilly and easy to hide in. It does up into the mountains that are above the factory, but those are heavily patrolled. You could hide here in the foothills, and then move in to strike when you needed to later. The hills nearby that are used for wine are so far away from anything important, that it’s not nearly as heavily patrolled.

Aug 21 – We unpack all three Boomerangs and begin using them to spot from the sky. Meanwhile, our infantry tries to find our enemy. We leave behind the fighters and mechs for now. They are too big and noisy for this work.

Aug 25 – We found them. There is a group of 15 Combine mechs in the hills. They appear to be Combine based on the types of mechs, but they have been painted a neutral color and given FedCom symbols. That might fool a regular person, but when you see a Grand Dragon, a Jenner, a Raptor and a Mauler together, you know it’s the Dragon.

We order our fighters to assemble. They are about 20 klicks away. Butler Company has orders and is loading onto a DropShip right now. They will arrive in 45 minutes. Shadow Company is about 20 away. Our plan is to have our Jump Infantry and Elementals guard our back and the pass, while Arrow boxes them in and gives us time to move in and engage.

The plan works, and Shadow Company is about 15 minutes ahead of Butler, which was can use as reinforcements if the battle goes poorly.

The Dragon:

Raptor Prime
JR7-K Jenner
DRG-5K Grand Dragon
Mauler
PXH-3K Phoenix Hawk
GRF-3M Griffin
CGR-3K Charger
CHP-1N Champion
Venom
HBK-5N Hunchback
GHR-5J Grasshopper
MAD-1R Marauder
OSR-2D Ostroc
WTH-2 Whitworth
WSP-3M Wasp

All units have level 2 tech

4 lights, 2 assaults, 5 heavies and 4 mediums

Most are veterans, but the Mauler and Raptor are elite and the Griffin regular.

This is their Raptor, the first Inner Sphere OmniMech, a 25 ton baby and rolled off the assembly line a couple of years ago. The Prime has 2 medium lasers, 3 LRM5s, 2 small lasers, 2 machine guns, 7/11 movement, an XL engine, 10/20 heat and 3.5 tons of normal armor.

If we could capture it and give it to Kressly, along with a couple of clan omnis, I beat we could have them make an IS OmniMech.

Their BV is 23918. Without our Elementals, ours is 35132

Old 10-15-2011, 01:15 AM   #221
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Here we go!

T1 – There are just hills, not any trees here. We lose init. Our Lancelot destroys the LL of their Raptor. Their Hunchbacks AC20 hits the H of Braham Essex’s Orion, but edge rerolls that. Braham gets him back with a clan ER Small Laser to the exposed left torso’s ammo. Boom!

T2 – We win. Their Raptor rises. Our Blackjack blows off the LA of their Raptor and its on the ground. The PXH will destroys the LT and it’s down, Their Charger falls from damage.

T3 – With tactical genius, we crush init. Their Charger rises. Our Highlander nails the gyro once on their Charger. The RL of their Jenner disappears in the blast from a Shootist’s AC20. Our Thug hits the ammo in the Jenner and it CASE explodes. Braham Essex notches his 50th kill when he destroys the LT of their Venom – XL Engine shutdown. The Jenner falls and the pilot blacks out. The Charger falls and nails it engine. Their PXH falls too.

T4 – We win init. Their Chargers fails to stand, falls, hits its engine, and then tries again and succeeds. I run our Flashman over to it. A gauss from Braham’s Orion blasts the H off their Marauder. Our Flashy blows up the RA of their PXH. Their MAD destroys the RA of our Thug – a medium laser hits the Thug’s head, nails the sensors and knocks out the pilot. Starslayer destroys the Charger’s LA. Their Jenner pilot stays unconscious.

T5 – Tac Gen Init. The Highlanders detroys a LA of their Champion. Our Orion blasts the LA of their stroc and the Starslayer hits both the engine and gyro of it. Our Flashman destroys the CT of their Charger. The rest surrender to the planetary militia and we get our salvage.

Old 10-15-2011, 02:27 PM   #222
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Raptor – missing LT
Hunchback – LA, RT, RA
Jenner—missing RT, RL
Venom missing LT
Marauder missing H
Charger, RT, LT, RL, LL, H

To Fix:

Thug RA

It costs 6.46 mill to get everything up and running including salvages and such. We give the Raptor and an assault class Man o War Prime and a Loki A. With the ability to look at both versions of omnis, Kressly’s techs feel that in a year they should have figured out the mechanics of designing one, and then we can design an OmniMech and try it out.

We return on September 13.

Old 10-15-2011, 02:42 PM   #223
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We have 79 IS mechs in our garrison, and 23 Clan mechs. That includes those non-clan mechs we are getting from Beta Regiment. We also have 22 clan mechs with Beta Regiment right now. That’s 124 mechs we have not being used.

Sept 1 – We have announced that due to our partnership with Kressly Warworks, we have are working on the expansion of the Essex Training Academy to include training for vehicles and infantry. Kressly is donating 4 Brutus to the Academy to help train students. We are donating a Vedette, 2x Maxim and a J. Edgar. We regularly let them use whatever is in our garrison unused, including vintage mechs like a 2750 era Mongoose and a 2750 era Lancelot, as well as older Succession War era mesh like low tech Panther, Locust, Spider and BattleMaster. The Chameleon is designed for use in training academies, but we prefer to use a variety of mechs. Especially the BattleMaster2C.

We donated 2 sets of IS Standard battle armor to the school. Training will be done by our elite and veteran infantry we have stationed there.

This expansion of the program costs us 13.5 million to build and buy the materials. The cost for our academy will rise to 12.5 mill a year upkeep. Vehicle course is one year with an option for a second, infantry two. Most people already know how to drive when they enroll, so there is a quick one year or a detailed two year course. It will open up next year.

Contracts –

Periphery Garrison – nope
St Ives – garrison – nope
Marik – Security
Company – O Raid –

Want us to hit Bithinia, in the Capellan Confederation. It’s a very wealthy world and mega big tourist spot, with several major industries to boot. It’s extensively industrial and commercial. It is also home to Bithinian Ballistics. They make autocannons and machine guns for House Liao.

Bithinia is hard to defend. It’s right on the border with Marik and Davion. Its industry was extensively expanded after the 4th Succession War because the Confederation had to focus on rebuilding what industry it could. Warrior House Ma-Tsu Kai defends the world. Because of the heavy traffic its entertainment, commercial and industry requires, it’s easy to slip things past the ports.

The requirement is to land on Bithinia, sneak in mechs, and then go in. Bithinia has a heavy aerospace element in order to enforce landing zones and such, so we will be taking Bolt Company for sure. Once in, we need to hit a local refinery that makes the metal for Bithinian Ballistics’ ACs. Once we’ve taken out the refinery, it will slow their production by a few months. Then we take off.

Bolt and Trinity Companies, with Serendipitous Victory

Salary: x1.6, x3.7. x1.4, x1.5 if we face the clans
Length: 1 month
22.5% Bonus

We will arrive on Bithinia on Dec 16.

Old 10-15-2011, 04:00 PM   #224
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Dec 15 – We are around the planet now. Most of their military units are around the Ballistics sites. There are two battalions of House Ma-Tsu Kai on planet, and they are focused on protecting the major assets of Bithinian Ballistics. Meanwhile, the rest of the planet has some minor mercenaries, armor, infantry and more. We easily land.

Our target is a refinery about 5 klicks from another refinery that is guarded by Ma-Tsu Kai. Ma-Tsu Kai has to guard to facilities because the Ballistics is built right next to a huge refinery. Anyone who took that refinery could do a lot of damage easily to Bithinian’s factory. So Ma-Tsu Kai has to guard both. Our target is 5 klicks away and we expect Ma-Tsu Kai to come in after we cause some rain.

There is no DropPort near the target. One way they defend the Ballistics is by shipping completed weapons more than 120 klicks away by rail. We grab our DropShip and head in with Bolt Company screening us. Between our 12 fighters and the long range of the clan weapons on the DropShip, we are able to keep them away from us and we land right by the refinery and everybody in Trinity exits. Our fighters destroy defensive turrets. We easily brush aside minor infantry and blast the refinery. After gathering ourselves, fire is heard from the direction of Ballistics. Fighters dodge from mech fire and let us know that Ma-Tsu Kai is sending in a company of mechs to intercept us. Meanwhile, they’ve scrambled local fighters. While it should be as easy to destroy them as mechs destroying tanks, they still need to concentrate on them.

We move out and move in.

Because the Warrior Houses get better equipment, and also due to the location and importance of Bithinina, Ma-Tsu Kai has high quality mechs and some of the first ones that have rolled off the presses.

House Ma-Tsu Kai

VND-3L Vindicator
Jackal
Snake
Hercules
CTF-3L Cataphract
BLR-3M BattleMaster
GOL-3M Goliath
WHM-7M Warhammer
Wraith
RVN-3L Raven
CRD-2R Crusader
LCT-3M Locust

All veteran except the Hercules, BM and Wraith are elite.

This is their Hercules, a 70 ton 5/8 (with XL) 12/24 heat dispersing 11 tons of ferro armor carrying mech that wields LB 10X, ER PPC, 1 MPL, 2 SPL, SRM 2 Streak, and an anti-missile system.

Old 10-15-2011, 10:04 PM   #225
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

T1 – We lose init. Badly. Their Locust falls and skids on the pavements. We focus some fire on their Hercules when I can. Our Hunchback hits the 10 he needs for his AC20 and hits the hip on their Herc’s LL. It still stays standing though.

T2 – We win it this time. Their Locust stands. Our Attila destroys the LL of their Hercules. Our Cicada nails its engine once. It falls, destroys its LT, and is shut down. Their Crusader tumbles under our fire. Their Jackal missed a kick on our Spider and fell.

T3 – We lose init. I hop the Ostcout above and adjacent to the Locust. They stand their Crusader so I run my Cicada over to it. Our Attila unloads on their Goliath and hits two leg actuators. A Hunchback AC20 destroys the LL of a certain Raven. Their Crusader hits a gyro in our Zeus. Two more leg actuators on the Goliath are destroyed by our Archer. An LRM10 from our Goliath blows off their Crusader’s RA. Our Zeus falls, as do their Goliath and Raven. The Zeus pilot blacks out – grr. Our Ostscout kicks and destroys the LT of their Locust.

T4 – We win init. My Ostscout follows their Locust. Spider to the rear, and above, their Warhammer. Their Goliath rises. Cicada behind their Wraith. Their Cat hits our Zeus’s ammo and it explodes. Dead mech. Their Crusader’s RA is shelled by our Trebuchet and two more leg actuators are hit on the Goliath by the Attila. Our Goliath gets a limb blown off crit vs their Jackal’s LA. Ma-Tsu Kai’s Snake hits two leg actuators on our PXH. Their Goliath falls and destroys a leg. Our Ostscout kicks and destroys the C of their Locust. Their Warhammer tumbles after being kicked by our Spider. Go light mechs go lights mechs go!

T5 – We win init. Their Warhammer rises. Our T Bolt takes out the Ra of their Cataphract. Our Trebuchet explodes the MG ammo on their Crusader and CASE prevents it from destroying the mech but the pilot blacks out. Their Cataphract hits the engine twice and gyro once on our Attila. The Ostsol destroys their Cataphract after igniting LB ammo. The engine explodes and destroys the Raven’s LT and shuts it down Their Crusader falls and the pilot dies. Our Attila falls too. Our Ostscout kicks and destroys the RL of their Jackal.

T6 – We win init. They manage to stand their Goliath. I eject the Attila. Their BM’s ER PPC nails the H of our T Bolt and goes internal, and hits both sensors. The mech is blind and down. Our Goliath destroys the Jackal’s LT which takes it out – XL engine. Our Cicada and PXH combine to kick and take out their Goliath’s RRL and RT.

Their handful of mechs retreats. I wanted the Wraith – it’s worth so much money, but it was just too fast usually. I respect them they fought hard and later than most non-clan units would.

Old 10-15-2011, 11:38 PM   #226
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Hercules missing LT, enginex3
Locust LA, RT, RL, RA, LL, H
Jackal missing LT< enginex3
Crusader missing LA, LT, RA
Raven missing LT, LL

Zeus –RA, LL, RL, LT
Attila – gyrox1m enginex2
T Bolt – Sensorsx2

Experience -

The Ostsol pilot, Ikh Zanabazar, has gained gunnery skill and is now 2/4.

I lose about 2 mill on the mission. We traded a Zeus for a Hercules, Jackal, Crusader and Raven. Plus some endo steel locust pieces. I transfer a BattleMaster to replace the Zeus.

Bolt Company screens for us and we get the salvage back to the ship. They destroyed many local fighters ,and we manage to salvage a few. Most are not worth anything, but we do fix up two Guardians, solid 20 ton Liao conventional fighters with an SRM6, just a ton of armor, 7/11 that we add to the garrison back home.

We will return on March 19.

Old 10-16-2011, 12:58 AM   #227
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Rewind.

October 1 – Contracts:

Company wants Cadre/Garrison for 9 months over on Lapida II.
Company wants Garrison
Comstar wants an Objective Raid, this time waaaay back in the back of the FWL
FedCom would like an Extraction Raid. Target? The rack, in the Periphery
Marik wants Garrison

Sigh – I rolled two good raids, but do I want to send a company 14 months to do one attack for ComStar?

Nimakatchi Fusion Products Limited has a factory on Lapida II that makes Spiders. They are one jump away from the Fed Coms, but not right on the line. Therefore, they never had a huge garrison before, just enough to guard the factory and a few other places. But now, with units having been pulled away, Nimakatchi is relying on their own units for protection if a Davion unit comes raiding.

They’ve hired some mechs and have some warriors, tanks, and infantry, but they are pretty green. They need serious training. They would like a company of our mechs to supplement theirs for 9 months while we train them up.

We can be there on Dec 29.

We send…

Brawler Company for Garrison/Cadre

Salary: x1.3, x3.7. x1.4, x1.5 if we face the clans
Support: Straight Support 75%
Length: 12 months

We added some months to the contract in negotiations.

We roll dice to see what happens.

Feb 15, 3055 – A battalion of tanks moves to attack the factory, and our mechs respond in addition to the garrison. Seeing a much more powerful group of defenders than they thought, they break it off and leave before they are committed.

Nothing else happens. They return on March 21, 3056.

We made 2.1 mill.

Old 10-16-2011, 02:15 AM   #228
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I’m still considering sending Delta or Defender to do the ComStar contract.

I could have a company at Westover on May 28. After doing the contract in a month-ish, I would then get them back on February 12, 3056. A year and four months later. On the other hand, the salvage is really good on these Blast the Blake missions. Is it worth me taking a prime company offline for that long to come back with 6 or 7 mechs?

It really is!

Let’s go Delta, Saddle Up!

Salary: x1.6, x4. x1.3, x1.5 if we face the clans
Length: 1 month
42.5% bonus

The salary doesn’t even matter. This is about one thing – salvage.

May 31 - We arrive uneventfully and move towards the HPG, which is right by the DropPort. We have updated intel from ComStar and…it’s actually good (recently, I’ve been giving ComStar bad intel on a 7 or more instead of an 8 or more – I rolled a 6).

Delta blasts in, and out pours 12 Blake mechs – all level 2 mechs

WVR-6M Wolverine
War Dog
Grand Crusader
MON-66 Mongoose
TBT-7M Trebuchet
ST-8A Shootist
GLt-3N Guillotine
THE-N Thorn
SHD-5M Shadow Hawk
QKD-5M Quickdraw
LNC25-01 Lancelot
WSP-3M Wasp

Unlike other Blake units, this was has been made later and all of the pilots are vet.

This is their Grand Crusader, the first Blake specific mech made to fill their roster a couple of years ago. It is an 80 ton assault mech, 3/5, XL, 10/20 heat, maxed out armor, 2 large pulse lasers, 2 LRM20, 2 medium pulse lasers, anti missile system, Artemis IV for the LRMS, 6 tons of ammo for the LRM – and that is actually a really strong machine of death. I don’t normally like XL engines, but on mech like that, they are okay.

Old 10-16-2011, 03:01 AM   #229
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We are on this map

Old 10-16-2011, 12:20 PM   #230
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Here we go!

That Grand Crusader has to fall early. The War Dog is also a powerful assault. There are a ton of buildings I have to navigate.

T1 – We lose init. The water is depth 2, so you don’t want to fall in. I hop my wasp behind their Mongoose. We focus a lot of fire on their Shootist and Wolverine. We have a group to the north of the lake and one to the south. An Awesome PPC nails the head of their Shootist and hits sensors once. Through its silky thin rear armor, our Wasp nails the gyro twice on their Mongoose. First blood baby! Kick by our BattleMaster wounds the Wolves’ RL.

T2 – We win init. We cornered their Wolverine and force it to jump away and it falls over due to damaged actuators. Our Black Knight spots for indirect LRMS that fall on their Shootist from our Catapult, Crusader.

T3 – We lose init. Just maneuvering mostly.

T4 – We win. We force their Shootist out and I move some people in. Their Wolverine skids, falls into the water and breaches its CT. Their Grand Crusader hits the H of our Wasp with missiles. Our Black Knight destroys the LT and our Dragon the CT of their Shootist. Dead mech. Now I can concentrate my forces on the other main group of mechs.

T5 – We lose init. We started moving down, and mechs hiding behind buildings start destroying the buildings they are hiding behind. Our fire exposed a couple of their mechs.

T6 – We win. Our Crusader destroys the Thorn’s LT. Our Banshee hits the Guillotine’s engine once. Our Dragon opens up the Thorn’s gyro and it falls.

T7 - We win init. Their Thorn manages to stand. Our Dragonfly destroys their Wasp’s ammo and it explodes, but CASE keeps it alive. Then it destroys the other arm. They take off a lot of armor off the Warhammer.

T8 – We win. Our Dragonfly tears off the H of their Wasp. Their Guillotine hits our BM’s head with a medium laser. Our Crusader’s missiles hit the H of their War Dog twice and knock out the pilot. Our BM destroys the War Dog’s LA. After a lot of kicks and punches, their Guillotine is on the ground. It was kicked twice.

T9 – We win. PPC from the Awesome to the H of their Lancelot. Dead mech., Their Trebuchet gets a through armor critical on our Dragonfly, nails the engine twice, it falls into the water and breaches its CT and its out. Dead mech. Our Black Knight has run up to their War Dog and fired and its head since it was immobile. One large laser crumples it. Dead mech. The BattleMaster kicks the RL of their Thorn, destroys it, destroys the RT – dead mech, but it falls and destroys the LL. IT’s literally just a H and CT on the ground. Their Quickdraw was kicked three times and fell.

T10 – We lose. I don’t know why, but they ejected from their Guillotine. We set up the perfect push. I run my Banshee behind their Grand Crusader when they move next to the water. No one fires, we push it over and into the water - it’s LT is breached and it is destroyed. Perfect. We radio the Quickdraw, Trebuchet and Shadow Hawk that we want their surrender and they can leave and take the Wobbie pilots with them, including the knocked out one on the Thorn. No answer

T11 – We lose. Their Quickdraw spins and runs, skids, falls, destroys the RL. More maneuvering

T12 – We lose. Minor weapons fire at the downed QD.

T13 – We lose again. Our Warhammer breaches the CT of their Shadow hawk. Our Warhammer is itself breached and out. Our PXH breaches the RT of their Trebuchet, and it has an XL engine. It’s done. Our Catapult destroys the LL of their Quickdraw, and then its RT and RA. It’s done.

Our strategy to go to the north and take out the handful of mechs there before moving south and putting our whole force the remainder of theirs worked perfectly. We didn’t even lose a limb, although we lost two mechs when they to go underwater to chase the remnants of theirs unit. They are already back up and running.

Old 10-16-2011, 01:46 PM   #231
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Mongoose, with gyrox2
Wolverine breached CT
Shootist, LA, RA, RT, RL, LL, H
Thorn missing RL, RT, LT, LL
Wasp missing H, RA, LT
Lancelot missing H
War Dog missing H, LA
Guillotine enginex2
Grand Crusader, breached LT
Trebuchet breached RT.
Shadow hawk breached CT
Quickdraw missing RT, RA, LL, RL

Dragonfly enginex2, breached CT
Warhammer breached CT

Experience:

Cristina Fernandez, in the BattleMaster is getting Edge: 1
Maris Santos, in the Phoenix Hawk is getting one better gunnery skill. She is now 2/4

That is Delta’s 15th completed mission. Only Phaeton’s 16 and Aleph’s 21 are better.

We only pay 620k for armor and ammo after discount.

This was worth doing, considering how much salvage we got. 11 of the 12 mechs were salvaged due to fighting near the water causing high salvage. Personally, I would have preferred the Shootist to most of the others, but I don’t make the rules.

The breaches stuff is cheap to fix, and we manage to fix all gyros and engines this time. 7.675 and we have 11 new mechs.

I am also super happy to have a Grand Crusader, those are real mechs.

We return on February 16, 3056.

Old 10-16-2011, 05:03 PM   #232
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

October 22 – A large force is moving towards Kressly. The companies have been sent away, so it looks like we have a battalion of mechs moving in. They may be screwed. Shadow Company is currently patrolling Kressly. In addition to having a mech company constantly on patrol, Kressly has a garrison we maintain – its Tank Second Battalion. They start to warm up while Shadow moves into the gap.

Meanwhile, Ted tells Defender Company, patrolling HQ, to head out and help with Cinq and Butler warming up to guard HQ along with our garrison. He also puts out a call to all 3rd and 4th year students to move to their assigned mech. In an emergency, such as a raid, we press our cadets into service. This is done all over the IS, such as Sun Zhang Cadres, NAIS Cadres, and more. We actually rotate our cadets into mechs for patrols and such when we are light on companies on planet but we have four on planet.

Arrow Company is warming up for use as well. In a few minutes, we’ll have air support.

Shadow Company snipes at the incoming units, but then is forced to back away under the onslaught. They aren’t coming in as lances or companies, but just one big mass of mechs. Shadow is joined by Rank Second Battalion and they set up a defense.

As the enemy rolls in, long range weapons fire can be heard. PPCs and ER Large Lasers destroy a few tanks, but they keep their fire away from the elite Shadow Company pilots with their very good mechs. A Shrek PPC Carrier sheers off the head of an Apollo.

In a minute, a few vehicles are destroyed or running out of ammo, and they push in. Meanwhile, in comes Arrow Company’s first six fighters ,and they strafe the rear of their unit and hit seven mechs, destroying one and legging another. One of their Griffins ignites and explodes.

Shadow’s Elementals have destroyed a Locust, and our Lancelot has lost its LA. Col. Humphries is about another minute away, but by then, they will have pushed too much in and probably broken us. Braham orders a retreat and Arrow covers with fire on the ground.

Suddenly, 5 fighters of the enemy dart in and start firing at Arrow Company, and now Arrow has to focus on them. In a split - second , one of Arrow’s Corsairs is destroyed. Meanwhile, a few more tanks have fallen. An SRM Carrier waiting until they closed has destroyed the gyro of an enemy Crusader and it falls. PPC fire engulfs their Scorpion and its RT is destroyed, with a leg on the ground. They keep pushing as one big mass ,and we’ve lost our cover fire for the retreat. Did they keep their fighters in reserve until we retreated?

In fly some additional assets Ted sent. 2 Warrior VTOLs and a few Ferrets are flying in and nipping about. A Ferret is taken out. They destroy the LT of our PXH and it shuts down due to its XL Engine. The Talon is legged and loses a left arm. We eject it. They keep coming. Two more of their mechs fall to explosions and we destroy the CT of a Goliath but it’s not enough.

Half of our tanks are destroyed, and some, like the LRM Carriers are out of ammo and retreated. As Defender Company arrives, we get an invigoration of energy. Men, mechs, and metal have arrived. We stop falling back. After another minute, we are holding our ground on a ridge. Then Arrow Company has won the air and we have air support and just like that, we move to go on the offensive. Three more tanks are gone, and the Lancelot loses it s other arm and pulls back. It doesn’t matter we have this.

Within ten minutes, they turn to flee before more units arrive to support us. The Guardians have arrived, joined by VTOLS, fighters, mechs, infantry and vehicles. Our combined forces wins the day, and they retreat to the radius around a powerful Overlord. Ted makes a decision. That is big enough for 36 mechs and 6 fighters – exactly what we saw. He sends out Cinq and Butler, and ordered the cadets in Mechs and our garrison assembled. He heads out in his Stalker, leaving behind 24 mechs in the garrison plus the cadets in another 16 machines.

We want that Overlord.

Every single military unit that we can get out there, we do. Savannah Masters come in. Infantry is on transports and heading over.

Their remaining mechs are starting to load up, while others are on guard. They clearly don’t expect us to move in under the DropShip’s radius and attack. The combination of the DropShip’s weapons and their own could turn the tide of battle again.

In order to get them o slow down their debarkation, Izumo orders Arrow to strafe the opening. We lose two fighters but the rest manage to push them back. Cinq and Butler are almost here.

We push in and start exchanging fire with the mechs. Izumo orders everybody to stay in a certain arc, so it can only train some weapons on us. While Shadow and Defender force them to keep mechs out, Cinq and Butler buy the extra time needed to arrive. Meanwhile, our fighters arrive for another pass, and a Guardian plus another fighter are destroyed.

The other two companies arrives and push in very fast. He orders everybody to charge in to close combat. The Savannah Masters, VTOLs and infantry transports nip in and shoot and nip back out.

The Overlord has to unload the mechs that already loaded in order to have a chance, and it’s just too much.

We destroy the right side of the Overlord, and then overwhelm and destroy the battalion of mechs.

Old 10-16-2011, 05:27 PM   #233
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Results:

We lost 27 of the 36 vehicles in Tank Battalion 2of those, 17 are able to be up and running.

We spend 11.2 million to repair and purchase new vehicles for the 2nd Tank Battalion.

Arrow lost 6 fighters. Of those, just one is recoverable. Additionally, Sparrowhawk pilot Gita Sharma was killed and we’ll replace her with another pilot from Outreach later.

To replace those, we’ll need 17.9 million

We lost 17 mechs total. Of those, 10 are recoverable. We’ll need 45.8 mill to replace and fix those. Cinq company lost Umbria Mutande, its Locust pilot and the Wasp pilot Cassia Jenkins. We replace them with two elite recruits.

We need an additional 18.35 million for ammo and armor and parts here and there.

We also need 2.1 million to replace dead support vehicles like VTOLS and Savannah Masters.

That’s 95.35 million we’ll need to fix and replace our own stuff. It will take months.

We also gained salvage. We manage to find 20 fixable mechs. They drove them hard, and they are in bad condition.

We need 44.4 mill to fix and replace parts and rearmor and rearm them.

We also have the Overlord. We hire special AeroSpace techs to fix it. It will take 21 mill to fix plus take about 6 months to do that project.

We also found lots of salvage - body parts, weapons, chunks of fighters and more. We salvaged around 9.8 mill worth of those.

I randomly add kills to some people.

That’s 150.95 mill to handle everything, and at the end, we have 20 new mechs and an Overlord.

Old 10-16-2011, 06:20 PM   #234
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

An Overlord is worth 335 million C Bills. They aren’t for sale on any market. They deliver 6 fighters and 36 mechs. It is a huge bonus for Kilts and Commandos.

But, we don’t have 150 mill just sitting in the bank, so we have to clear out some stuff. We don’t have 150 mill just sitting around. We have 98 mill sitting around. We have 187 mill coming at the end of Beta Regiment’s contract in late 3056. We have none right now.

Options:

1). Sell some mechs. We have a large number of mech designs I don’t like. Level 1 Fleas, level 1 Shadow Hawk, Cyclops, UrbanMech, Assassin, etc. I could sell these off for money.
2). Start work on fixing and repairing our mechs and fighters – 82 mill. Then work on the damaged mech chasses and tanks as money permits.
3). Instead of buying replacement mechs for the 7 lost mechs, replace them with mechs from the garrison and save roughly 25-35 mill.
4). We have 23 vehicles in our garrison, plus scout units. We could move some over to replace dead ones.
5). Borrow money. It is allowed. It costs your some prestige and merc points but you certainly can do it.
6). Sell the 20 mech chassis instead of getting them up and running. That would reduce my costs by 44.4 mill and then remove whatever we make from them from the rest of what we have to pay.

Old 10-16-2011, 07:02 PM   #235
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The reason we have extra mechs, in part, is for replacements. Let’s replace the destroyed mechs. Which ones are gone? Let’s roll dice:

Defender permanently lost:

Warhammer 6R
Javelin 10N

They are replaced with CTF-1X Cataphract and Javelin 10F

Shadow permanently lost:

Griffin GRF-3M
BJ-2 Blackjack
LNC25-01 Lancelot

Replaced by:

Apollo for Blackjack
Zeus ZEU-9S for the Lancelot
Gallowglas for Griffin

We just got a lot better in Shadow Company!

Butler lost:

Commando
Thunderbolt

Replaced with:

Watchman for Commando
GLT-3N Guillotine for Thunderbolt

That reduces what we need to spend by a lot. 49.55 mill is needed to get our stuff up and running. We spend it.

I want the Overlord up and running as soon as possible so it won’t be just sitting out there and I spend that money.

Old 10-16-2011, 08:11 PM   #236
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I do sell some mechs. We need the cash, and I don’t like them that much. We sell:

Venom
Fleax2
Wolf Trap
WVR-7M Wolverine
RVN-3L Raven

We make 33 mill

We fix the 20 mechs.

What were they? Let’s roll:

Apollo
CRD-4K Crusader
AWS-9M Awesome
Anvil
Hammer
2x MAD-5M Marauder
GHR-5J Grasshopper
Tarantula
DV-7D Dervish
CDA-3M Cicada
HER-5S Hermes II
Huron Warrior

Level 1 mechs:

Locust
FS9-M Firestarter
UrbanMech
Phoenix Hawk
Hunchback
Ostroc
Banshee

No very many assaults – just two survived. Unlucky. 5 lights – average. 7 mediums and 6 heavies.

This is an adequate salvage. There are some non-good mechs – Banshee, Hammer, Grasshopper, Locust, UrbanMech. There are some decent mechs – Dervish, Firestarter, Ostroc, Anvil. Then there are some really good mechs –Awesome, Hunchback, Huron Warrior, Hunchback. It’s a mixed bag.

This is a very Marik group of mechs, so we take the prisoners and start interrogating them. They claim they are a mercenary group named Jake’s Toughs, and they were just doing a raid for another company, but they won’t tell us who.

A mercenary group no one has ever heard of with updated mechs all coming from the same place and their own Overlord. If you believe that one, I’ve got a new one for you. My guess is we’ve pissed off Blake with all of these contracts for ComStar, and they wanted to hit us with deniability to send a message. So, they got Marik to fund the mechs and loaned or got them an Overlord. It’s just a guess. They were initially raiding Kressly, but 36 mechs, fighters and an Overlord and all you do is raid a plant that makes one mech line and a couple of tanks plus some weapons? It just doesn’t completely fit. It could be, but it seems a bit off. Perhaps we’ll never know

We will not be taking contracts with our people for a couple of months, while we fix, repair, salvage, and so forth.

Bruiser and ships have returned on Dec 13. They are ready to head back out, but we’ll keep them here until Jan 1.

Old 10-16-2011, 08:45 PM   #237
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Oct 29 – Leftenant General Pierre Benton, Col. Humphries, Elizabeth Walters-Essex and Ted Izumo look over the battle site. There are a large number of salvage crews and ordnance removers working the area. They discuss the impact of the battle, the assault, what it might mean, and more. We turn over the prisoners to Pierre, as the head military Federated Commonwealth representative on the planet.

Dec 31 – This was a big year technologically. The clans have introduced Light TAG, streak LRMs, and the advanced tactical missile system. The IS has introduced Laser AMS and Extended LRMs. These are Fed Com missile systems that add a booster to the LRM that fires it a bit and then the missile kicks in. This increases the range but also massively increases the minimum range and they lose some advanced tracking options like Artemis IV and Narcs. You also can’t use any special warheads because those are the special warheads already. Many new mechs are rolling off factories. In Aerospace, we have several brand new DropShip designs being made for the first time. This includes the Claymore, Hamilcar and Rose. Lots of upgrades, such as upgraded tanks, mechs, DropShips and more are seeing the light of day.

Essex Training Academy

We have12 graduates from the Essex Training Academy, and 17 enrollees for next year. Of these 12, 2 choose not to stay with us, and the remaining 10 have 3 vet, 5 regular and 2 elite.

Year 4 - 13
Year 3 - 11
Year 2- 15
Year 1 – 17

We pay 12.5 million to the upkeep of the Academy and HQ.

We have just 4.2 mill left.

Old 10-16-2011, 08:59 PM   #238
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Braham Essex has been on Outreach for over a year now, occasionally nipping home to spend a week here and there with his wife and son, and vice versa. After spending all of that time recruiting, we are adding these units to our T&A:

Trident Company

Lt. Tyrone Ellis, elite, Atlas
Vick Hillers, veteran, Hunchback
Veronica Reeds, elite, ST-8A Shootist
Belle de Croix, elite, Gallowglas

Sgt. Jack Napier, elite, Hatamato-Chi
Su Ling, elite, MAD-5M Marauder
Moya Brennan, veteran, Apollo
Grant Taylor, veteran, Crusader

Sgt. Vanessa DiCartelli, elite, Watchman
Theodore Moore, veteran, Firestarter
Sally Campe, regular, LCT 1E Locust
Leonard Kovalchuk, veteran, Spider

This whole company was formed from mechs in my garrison. I like most of it, although I’m not a super big fan of that Marauder variant. 6 mechs are level 2 – Shootist, Gallowglas, Apollo, Watchman, H-C and MAD.

Old 10-16-2011, 09:39 PM   #239
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Miner Company

Lt. Burke Miner, elite, BattleMaster
Noorel Zia, elite, CTF-3L Cataphract
Angela Juarez, veteran, Anvil
Helga Mantir, veteran, WVR-6M Wolverine

Sgt. Beverly Cramer, elite, AWS-9M Awesome
Jillian O’Brien, elite, Archer
Jakob Snider, elite, Apollo
Elana Mutari, veteran, Goliath

Sgt. Hector Jones, elite, Watchman
Gavin O’Henry, veteran, Commando
Mikhail Samsonov, regular, Phoenix Hawk
Jasmin Fatirra, veteran, FS9-M Firestarter

Another made from just my garrison mechs. After thinking it up, I’m in love with the name Hector Jones. What a cool sounding name! Hello, I’m Detective Hector Jones. Hello, I’m Doctor Hector Jones. Hello, I’m Professor Hector Jones. Hello, I’m Sir Hector Jones, the third. Awesome! Anyway, good mechs mostly. The assaults are lighter. I’d prefer a simple updated smart Cataphract instead of all of these nonsense uptech ones with XL engines. This company has just 5 level 2 mechs – Cat, Anvil, AWS, Apollo and Watchman.

Old 10-17-2011, 12:20 AM   #240
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Fallout Company

Lt. Gilda Atwater, elite, AS7-K Atlas
Maya Saban, elite, AWS-9M Awesome
Colbie Callait, elite, BLK-6-KNT Black Knight
James Jefferson, veteran, KTO-20 Kintaro

Sgt. Ziggy Springfield, elite, Hatamato-Chi
Elizabeth Corbett, elite, MAD-3D Marauder
Natalia Indushka, elite, Huron Warrior
Brent Taznan, veteran, Apollo

Sgt. Lance Robbins, elite, QKD-5K Quickdraw
Toshiro Sato, elite, Daimyo
Palmer Rice, elite, Phoenix Hawk
Horace Randall, regular, WSP-1D, Wasp

Yeah, it’s a very random Wasp. The rest of this company is very strong. I realized that most of the company was rocking all of these PPCs and such so I tossed in the Kintaro to turn those holes lethal. I like it here a lot. I ran out of good scout mechs here. I have tons of crappy ones, but not that many good ones. Three companies and not one Javelin – sigh. This company has a lot of level 2 mechs. Just the PXH, Wasp, and Marauder aren’t.

Old 10-17-2011, 01:01 AM   #241
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Sealion Company

Lt. Conner Ward, clan elite, 1/1 Edge: 3, Mad Cat Prime
Lacey Stowers, elite, Masakari Prime
Tarja Tarunun, elite, Grizzly
Nafisa Ali, elite, GHR-5J Grasshopper

Sgt. Zoltan Boros, elite, Marauder IIc
Ernesto Sanchez, elite, ARC-2R Archer
Xinlin Ye, elite, Galahad
Magnus Knutson, elite, CRD-4K Crusader

Sgt. Edwin Hanson, elite, Shadow Hawk IIc
Elaine McCrimmon, elite, Griffin IIc
Estaban Cruz, elite, Dragonfly A
Paul Dean, veteran, LCT-1E Locust

A third elite strike company, and Bruiser and Shadow are part of it. It’s called Shadow Battalion, and its elite mechs with clan or level two tech almost exclusively. This uses a few mechs sent over from the Beta Regiment clan mech goldmine they are having. We have two level one mechs – Locust and Archer, and two level twos in here just for fun and rounding things out. The name comes from the SEALs from centuries ago.

These four companies add some serious power to our roster, because they are all elite and we chose the mechs. Every one of these mechs we won in battle except for a small number we purchased (like Apollos and Watchmen).

For now, the first group will be adventuring under the name Breaker Battalion. We still have a ton of mechs in our garrison, but most of them we don’t like that much. If we had money, we could fund another couple of battalions around the good mechs here and the good ones we need. For example, we need some cheap good scouts, like Javelins. We also need more smash mouth mechs like Thunderbolts and BattleMasters and Orions. I have one good smash mouth mech I have in reserve for a rainy day – the Banshee 3S variant, and then nothing other than the King Crab, which I’m not sure I want to risk or to use. It has five shots for each AC20 and 8 for the LRM 15 and then all it has is a large laser. I have Centurions, a Huron Warrior, the Hollanders, Rifleman, Bombardier, Panther and Crab – those are all good. I just need some heavy metal, and good scouts. I don’t have it.

We rechristen the Overlord the Defiance.

Old 10-17-2011, 01:06 AM   #242
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Here is our full group of peoples.

Kilts and Commandos Roster:

Alpha Regiment:

Heliades Company - Return on June 5, 3055
Styx Company - Return on June 5, 3055
Tethys Company – Return on June 5, 3055
Typhon Company – Return on June 5, 3055
Defender Company –
Cinq Company –
Brawler Company – return on March 21, 3056
Delta Company – Return on February 16, 3056
Trinity Company – Return on March 19, 3055
Butler Company –

Beta Regiment:

Phaeton Company – Fort Loudon, end Oct 4, 3056
Boxer Company – Fort Loudon, end Oct 4, 3056
Rebel Company – Fort Loudon, end Oct 4, 3056
Mustang Company – Fort Loudon, end Oct 4, 3056
Hex Company – Fort Loudon, end Oct 4, 3056
Raven Company – Fort Loudon, end Oct 4, 3056
Aleph Company – Fort Loudon, end Oct 4, 3056
Laser Company – Fort Loudon, end Oct 4, 3056
Sabre Company – Fort Loudon, end Oct 4, 3056

Breaker Battalion:

Trident Company –
Miner Company –
Fallout Company -

Shadow Battalion:

Bruiser Company –
Shadow Company –
Sealion Company -

Arrow Company-
Bolt Company – Return on March 19, 3055
Tank First Battalion – EE- mining garrison complete on October 15, 3055.
Tank Second Battalion - EE, garrison,
Garrison and Infantry – EE, garrison,

Robin Hood, Union DropShip -
Star River, Union DropShip -
Scots Flotilla, Merchant JumpShip –
Serendipitous Victory, Union-C DropShip - Return on March 19, 3055
Amalgamated Bliss, Union DropShip –
Defiance, Overlord DropShip – Ready on June 1, 3055

I want to get to three mech regiments soon. I can move the 10th one from Alpha to Gamma, and put Bruiser and if I need to Shadow in Gamma Regiment. That’s still just seven, and I’d prefer to leave the heavy stuff to units outside of our traditional Regiments.

Braham gets 5 recruit rolls a moth, which technically he can use to recruit a MW with a mech. I need to get a 4 on 2d6 for an elite disposed MW and a 3 is veteran, and 2 is regular. For those with mechs I need am 8 for elite light, 9 for medium, etc. For example, if I roll a 7 and go veteran light, regular medium or green heavy.

I have tried to avoid that these last 10-15 years for mechs. It feels a bit odd to just sit there and bring back a bunch of new mechs. It certainly happens, but it also gives you very random companies. I could have a 12 person company with all sorts of experience levels and random mechs that don’t work together or even do the normal roles. Nah, it’s too hard.

I did use that for fighters mostly, although occasionally I’d take a very experienced dispossessed pilot and buy them a fighter.

Old 10-17-2011, 09:33 AM   #243
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

January 1, 3055 – EVENT – Now that militaries are starting to refill their destroyed forces with the massive amount of mechs rolling off the lines, Houses are switching gears to updating DropShips, Fighters, JumpShips, making WarShips again, upgraded and new tanks, producing new technology and more. Meanwhile, the furnaces of new mechs are still finding their way to mercenaries and houses across the Inner Sphere. While there is still a massive need, it’s much reduced. As such, the recruiting of mercenaries is back to the regular level.

Old 10-17-2011, 10:49 AM   #244
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Contracts:

FedCom – Pirate Hunting
Periphery – Obj. Raid
Company – Cadre/Garrison
Word of Blake – Garrison

Hmm. Slim Pickings. Let’s look in more detail at the Periphery contract. The last time I sent a unit way out there, I got 11 mechs, so let’s see what we can see this time.

The Taurian Concordat wants us to hit Rollis, a Cap world on their border. The borderline crazy Protector of the Concordat is Thomas Calderon, and he’s very paranoid about Successor House intervention in his world. He wants us to land on Rollis, and destroy the Capellan Survey Headquarters. While they say the survey is for astronomy projects, he believes it’s a spy station.

If he’s right, it’s heavily guarded. If he’s wrong, it’s a run for nothing. I’ve got 9 companies of mechs just sitting, we need to send someone to do something.

Trident Company Objective Raid, Rollis.

Salary: x1.6, x2.4 x1.1, x1.5 if we face the clans
Support: Battle Loss 20%

We arrive on Rollis on July 29, 3055

Aug 3 – We arrive on Rollis. It took us a bit of time to unload and all of that. Rollis and the nearby Taurian planet of Laconis have been exchanging raids for a while, and there are some secret Taurian Sympathizers on planet who helps us find the spy base.

Our company unloads and heads for it, and without surprise out pop a company of Liao mechs to defend it. Looks like the Taurians were right.

The Caps, all regular:

Catapult
Rifleman
LCT-1L Locust
Blackjack
BattleMaster
Thunder
WSP-1S Wasp
UM-R63 UrbanMech
Vindicator
VTR-9K Victor
Stalker
Griffin

These mechs are level 2 Locust, Thunder, Wasp, Urbie, Victor.

This is their Thunder. It’s a 70 ton 5/8 mech (with XL, grr) and 11/22 heat sporting a solid 13.5 tons of armor. It features an AC20, LRM5, and three medium pulse lasers. The ammo is CASEd. Lots of militaries send new designs to the Periphery to fight bandits, pirates and other minor conflicts to see how things are going. The Thunder is one of the latest Liao mech designs.

I would love to get one, just for fun!

Old 10-17-2011, 12:56 PM   #245
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Here we go

T1 – We lose init. My first moves are to jump our Firestarter and Spider into the two heavy hexes in the middle of the map. I can hold them until fire support arrives. We have three AC20s on my squad, and two hit the Rifleman. Our Hunchy’s hits its Hip Actuator on the RL. Our Gallowglas hits a leg actuator on their Blackjack. Both of them fall.

T2 – We lose again. I hop our Spider deep into their territory and then jump our Marauder into the heavy woods it left. I jump the Gallowglas into the other heavy vacated by our Firestarter. Their Rifleman cannot stand but their BJ does. Our Crusader knocks out their BJ pilot and destroys its RL.

T3 – We win this time. Spider behind the Locust. This time, their Rifleman rises. Three AC20s tear into their Thunder. Our Hunchback destroys its RA. Our Marauder hits the Thunders engine. Our Hatamato tears into their Rifleman, destroying its RL and hitting the gyro and engine once each. Our Gallowglas got a glancing blow hit from an ER PPC to the aimed BJ’s head. The Rifelman pilot blacks out when it falls. Our Marauder and Atlas each kick the Wasp. At the end, we have destroyed its LL, LT and CT. Dead mech. This is Trident’s first kill! No wake for the BJ. It’s pilot now needs a 10 instead of a 7, so the ER PPC hit helped.

T4 – We lose again. Out Shootist destroys their Thunder’s CT and there goes the Thunder. The RA of our Hatamato is destroys by their Stalker. Their Griffin shears into the H of our Atlas with its PPC but hits nothing. We pepper the Stalker with damage from a bunch of mechs, it falls and the pilot blacks out. Neither the Rifleman nor BJ pilots awaken – they both need 10s.

T5 – We lose init. I hop the Firestarter over to their Stalker but all it does is hit the head once with a machine gun and the sensors. After eating two AC20s and many missiles, our Atlas destroys their BattleMaster’s LA. It falls under an onslaught from our Marauder, Atlas, Gallowglas, Shootist, Crusader, Apollo and the Hatamato. Their Stalker only needs a 7 to wake but rolls a 6. Our Firestarter’s damage to the head prevented it from waking this turn.

T6 – We win init. Their BattleMaster rises. I sense this is the last turn. I run a Hunchback behind their Victor. Our Watchman destroys the RL of their Locust and nails the gyro once. Our Apollo destroys the RL and RT of the BattleMaster. With both arms and a leg missing, that is a kill. Before it goes, our Gallowglas opens up its CT and hits the engine twice and gyro once. Their Victor falls under damage.

With that, they begin to withdraw and we destroy the spy post and grab our salvage.

Old 10-17-2011, 12:58 PM   #246
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Wasp H, RT, RA, LA, RL
Blackjack missing RL
Rifleman missing RL
Thunder H, RT, LT, LA, RL, LL
BattleMaster, missing LA, RT, RL, enginex2, gyrox1

Hatamato missing RA

We pay 1.65 mill for our mechs and then cut that by 20%. We sell the parts to the Thunder and Wasp, both level two mechs. We get enough to cover our losses with the contract and to fix the Blackjack and Rifleman. The BattleMaster we’ll have to take with us and look at later.

We return on Mar 24, 3056.

Old 10-17-2011, 07:39 PM   #247
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We also have a Garrison/Cadre contract, let’s look a little closer. A Cap Company wants their people trained over on Boardwalk. We could have a unit there on April 28.

They want 6 months initially, so let’s negotiate:

Cinq and Butler Company Cadre/Garrison - Boardwalk.

Salary: x1.3, x3.7 x1.3, x1.5 if we face the clans
Support: Straight Support 75%
Command: Integrated
Remuneration: No, x1.05
Length: 9 months

We manage the negotiations.

April 26 – We land and begin

Dec 26 – All done, no issues

Mar 18 – We arrived back. We made 2.43 mill

Old 10-17-2011, 08:46 PM   #248
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Rewind –

Feb 1 – Contracts:

Word of Blake Recon Raid – Against Marian Hegemony
Marik Pirate Hunting
Rasalhague Retainer

I respect that the FRR still wants a retainer with us. We do need the money of a long term contract. Okay, you’ve got yourself a deal. Myth’s contract ends in the FRR on March 21, and they were returning home, but instead, we’ll give the four company battalion to the FRR.

Myth Battalion Retainer - Boardwalk.

Salary: x1.3, x3.7 x1.3, x1.5 if we face the clans
Length: 2 years

Begins March 22, 3055, ends March 27, 3057

Let’s go ahead and do the retainer.

March 22 – We get news that FRR wants us on Dehgolan for a bit, to help train the folks there for a few months.

April 18 – We arrive on Dehgolan

Sept 15 – We have finished training and garrisoning Dehgolan. Grumium was raided by Dracs three days ago, so they want us to head out there and garrison all of the vital areas.

Oct 12 – We arrive at Grumium and set up. Grumium has a lot of major value to the FRR remnants. It has some industries and a new military academy. It just opened this year.

Dec 14 – We are asked to pick a company to raid Altenmarkt, the Wolf Clan held planet. They need some supplies left behind. We are asked to land, raid, extract, and leave. Not very clan like.

We sit down and pour over ComStar reports. Altenmarkt is garrisoned by the Delta Trinary of the 13th Wolf Guards Cluster. That’s’…Elementals? They’re garrisoning the whole world with 15 stars of Elementals? That can’t be right, ComStar, is that right? Yes, the intel is recent.

Here’s our plan. We initiate a Trial of Possession for Altenmarkt, win, take the planet, and then get whatever we need at our leisure. They will come back hard, Altenmarkt is outside of the Tukkayid line, but it should throw them. Rasalhague approves the plan, and we will be taking Typhon Company. They will send a few merchant vessels with us to take the supplies they need after we take Altenmarkt.

Feb 13, 3056 – “We have come to take Altenmarkt. With what will you defend it?” The clans are not required to respond to IS batchalls that abuse the system. We have never, so they take it. They confirm that it is just the Trinary. We will land in a small rocky pit, and fight here with no cover at all.

They have 15 stars of elite elementals.

Old 10-17-2011, 10:42 PM   #249
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I expect the first few turns to have major damage taken from their SRMs and then things will lighten up.

T1 – We lose init. They hit our Warhammer three times with SRM missiles and knock her out.

T2 – We win init. They don’t even go internal anywhere in the Warhammer but they hit the head once more.

T3 – We lose. They hit the head of the Warhammer again and Lt. Amber Reverlon is dead. The LA and LT were also destroyed. Plus the engine was hit 4x right now. Our Ostol finished a point of elementals.

T4 – We lose again. Nothing but exchanges of fire and a few troopers killed without finishing off a squad.

T5 – We lose. They have reached us physically. Our Grasshopper kills a squad. We kill 6 more troopers in various squads. They are targeting our Grasshopper.

T6 – We win init. Time to step back. Our PXH destroys a squad. Our Centurion kills another one. Our Grasshopper takes out a third. Our Hunchback falls under damage.

T7 – We win. I stand the Hunchback. They are swarming up our mechs. We freed an Awesome and killed the squad on it. Our Marauder kicks and kills a squad.

T8 – We lose init. Elemental Leg Attack on the Hunch hits a hip and lower leg. Our Hunch kills a squad. Our Catapult kills a squad. Leg Attack on the Grasshopper hits an actuator too. Everybody is standing though. We kill four more troopers in the physical attack phase. We offer the wolves hegira and they accept.

We have captured Altenmarkt.

Warhammer missing LA, LT, exginex4

We fix the engine and pay half of 1.92 mill to fix it.

Lt. Amber Reverlon has died.

Experience:

Bao Yu in the Grasshopper now has Edge: 1
Abdullah Malawi in the Ostsol is the same

Sgt Mei Zhen is promoted to Lt and we promote from within.

Old 10-17-2011, 10:45 PM   #250
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Mar 1 – The FRR has finished taking all they want. We know Wolf will coming in force to recapture this planet, so we blast off and return, leaving no forces behind.

Sept 2, 3056 – The Dracs do raid Grummim but on the other side of the planet from where we are stationed. They take some minor ores before leaving.

Mar 22 3057 – All done. Nothing else.

Money: We made 34.35 mill.