Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-14-2007, 05:03 PM   #501
molson
General Manager

VOTE PATH

Pending a closer read on everything when I'm done work.

I'm trying to think if there's some kind of conceivable nefarious purpose for Alan for lying about what he did. "Alan's a spy trying to frame CIA agent Path" makes so sense, but is there anything more intricate/clever we're not considering?
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 05:03 PM   #502
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
The PM you say you got. I didn't get one.

I'll tell you what. I've got body armor that I believe would protect me against a lynch. I will give that to someone on my trust list to show my intentions.

Ardent, you should be getting something from me soon.
Wow, this has been interesting. I did, indeed, just receive body armor after a workout.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:04 PM   #503
molson
General Manager

Dola, I meant "Alan's a spy trying to frame CIA agent Path makes No sense."
Old 03-14-2007, 05:06 PM   #504
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
Wow, this has been interesting. I did, indeed, just receive body armor after a workout.

I don't see any reason why he would say he was going to do it and not do that to save himself.

My guess is the body armor is only good for a night attack and won't help with the lynch.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 05:08 PM   #505
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Is a lynching considered an attack? If so it's good against lynching. Otherwise it's simply a night protection. Though it does make me wonder about why the KGB would need night protection.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 05:10 PM   #506
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Is a lynching considered an attack? If so it's good against lynching. Otherwise it's simply a night protection. Though it does make me wonder about why the KGB would need night protection.

If everything else itemwise has been randomly given out, why wouldn't that?

I've gotten two items given to me supposedly random each time. Once again I don't see why Lathum would lie about that.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:18 PM   #507
saldana
Pro Starter

ok, i guess it seems to be the obvious thing to do, and if we are screwed, tomorrow is even more obvious.

vote path
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 05:19 PM   #508
path12
Coordinator

If the KGB had body armor they certainly wouldn't pass it along and give a regular agent protection. It's the only thing I can do to try and clear my name. If I was KGB nobody would be getting the armor except another KGB.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:19 PM   #509
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
ok, i guess it seems to be the obvious thing to do, and if we are screwed, tomorrow is even more obvious.

vote path

*sigh*
Old 03-14-2007, 05:19 PM   #510
saldana
Pro Starter

and to those who have said i havent been very involved, you are right, and i apologize to the entire game for that....a project that was supposed to have been finished last week got its finalization pushed back to today, so i have been going into work at 6am, going nonstop til 5 or 6 at night and repeating every day this week...when i signed up for the game, i didnt expect that type of work situation. sorry to everyone...i should be able to pick it up a bit now.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:22 PM   #511
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I don't see any reason why he would say he was going to do it and not do that to save himself.

My guess is the body armor is only good for a night attack and won't help with the lynch.

this is from the rules

Body Amour- This will give you a chance to survive an attack. No need to activate this item, you will always have it on until it is needed

i dont think it is going to be much help from a bullet to the head.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:45 PM   #512
st.cronin
General Manager

Its an obvious frameup job, seems like. Path turns out bad, we all look at ardent. I'm not buying it. Very clumsy play, imo.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 05:57 PM   #513
Poli
FOFC Survivor

If I get shot in the head, I'll be peeved, for sure. Dead, but also peeved.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:10 PM   #514
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I have a feeling I'll be dead tonight too. Kind of makes me wish I had saved that sensor for tonight.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:13 PM   #515
Poli
FOFC Survivor

No worries, I could pass on the body armor to you. Well, I mean, I could. I'll give the bad guys something to think about.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:01 PM   #516
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

What an anti-climatic last 2 hours
Old 03-14-2007, 07:03 PM   #517
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I know. Maybe I'll throw in a nucluer weapon for some flavor.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 07:04 PM   #518
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I know. Maybe I'll throw in a nucluer weapon for some flavor.

That wasn't quite what I had in mind to spice things up.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:16 PM   #519
Poli
FOFC Survivor

The lines are drawn, so to speak.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:21 PM   #520
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beargrowlz View Post
Ok, so why would the KGB target Narc?

1) From what I have picked up in this game, it seems to be general concensus that wolves target experienced villagers over inexperienced villagers, feeling the experience in the game is more of a threat than the unknown.

2) Narc has admitted he was inexperienced, and no one has contradicted him that he wasn't. Having never played before, I will thus assume that Narc falls in the inexperienced category.

Given that, why would the KGB target him, given that there were very experienced players who were participating in the discussion, such as Alan and Cronin, that would have made better targets?

3) Narc was onto someone who was KGB and they felt threatened by him. Narc was somewhat suspicious of me, moreso of Ardent, and even moreso of Cronin. If one of us were KGB, and Narc continued to press his line of thinking, that would make him a prime target.

or

4) The other prime, experienced, and participating targets for the KGB, Alan and Cronin, are KGB - both of them or individually - and they wouldn't take out their own. It's difficult for me to see Cronin as KGB given his first day actions of practically talking me into voting for him and almost getting himself shot. We also have AE's post stating that Cronin didn't make a night action Night 1 - not entirely exculpatory, but certainly adds some circumstantial evidence to the idea that Cronin is not KGB - or that Ardent is lying.

Why would Ardent lie if Cronin were CIA though? So if Ardent is lying, Cronin is most likely KGB and played me Day 1 - though it almost ended up getting him killed.

Alan on the other hand has drawn no posted suspicion from anyone, and that hardly seems to be reason to suspect him.

Ok, so as I see it, the possible players who benefit from a Narc kill if they are KGB are me, Cronin, Alan, Ardent.

Did I miss anyone that Narc was suspicious of? And are there other highly experienced players that have been participating that would make more likely targets than Narc unless they were KGB?

None of this however, touches upon the notion that a number of KGB are probably flying under the radar and just quiet.

But I can't get away from the idea that Narc was killed either a) because he was dangerously close to outing a spy or b) to protect someone else.

Either that or it was just a senseless, random CIA player the KGB chose to kill.

Not at all certain who to vote for atm.

4)

Well to get some discussion going, I have been thinking back to this post now knowing what I do know.. I think I fully know why I am still around and wasn't targeted. I had been doubting path's trust for a while now (obviously since he's the one I chose to scan). And my death would likely have brought that into more light... But wondering why Narcizo over some of the others...

As I see it we're grouped into a few groups..

Newer players:
7. ImTheCrew
9. Molson
10. beargrowlz
13. Molly Murphy

Quiet players (this game so far):
2. Barkeep
4. Chief Rum
15. Saldana

Under alot of heat:
8. St Cronin

The others:
1. AlanT
5. Path12
12. Ardent

Now I can figure why I was around as I mentioned above. if I had to guess about Ardent his death would help validate his statements as true, which right now is a questionmark for some people. St.cronin is under some heat, and well Path is bad. Right now I have a feeling that I wouldn't be too suprised if one of St.Cronin or Ardent is bad as well, but thats something that would have to work out over time.

Barkeep/DC I think I understand why they wern't killed.. but two people I am quite curious about why they are still here.. Chief Rum and Saldana. Both are very insightful players, who are usually a pretty good asset to the village, whom have been quieter than normal and have been left alone. If I was a wolf, and those two were good, I likely would have taken one of them out fairly early on.

Do other people have thoughts? I know some of you are waiting to see how the vote works out, but assume I am telling the truth (which I am) for now, which direction do we try to figure out the wolves are sitting?
Old 03-14-2007, 07:26 PM   #521
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'm a little unwilling to comment on the rest of the players, just know there's no way I'd vote for the person who came to visit me.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:34 PM   #522
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm a little unwilling to comment on the rest of the players, just know there's no way I'd vote for the person who came to visit me.

Well obviously that doesn't help me much. but I understand that for now. I still would love to have a better feal about whats going on with the mercenary thing at some point in this game.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:00 PM   #523
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

deadline
Old 03-14-2007, 08:01 PM   #524
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

final vote count

St. Cronin 1 ITC (391)
MollyMurphy 1 chiefrum (412)
AlaNT- 2 mollyMurphy (455), path12 (467)
Path12 7 AlaNT (465) St. Cronin (466), beargrowlz ( 468), barkeep ( 494), ardent ( 500), molson ( 501) Saldana ( 507)

You all gather in the mess hall and toniights descion was much eaiser to come by. Accusations of treason fly and most side with AlanT. Path protests his love for America and denies his involvement with the KGB.

The commanding officer pulls out his revolver and tells Path the unit has decided. He puts his revolver to Paths head and pulls the trigger.

A search of Paths quarters find a decoder ring and several messages in Russian. Path12 was a spy!!

You all return to your quarters feeling justice has been served.

Night 3 has begun. Deadline 9:00AM EST
Old 03-14-2007, 08:02 PM   #525
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Очень хорошо
Old 03-14-2007, 08:03 PM   #526
Poli
FOFC Survivor

WOO!!!
Old 03-14-2007, 08:03 PM   #527
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Очень хорошо
?
Old 03-14-2007, 08:04 PM   #528
beargrowlz
High School Varsity

I would like to say, just for the record, that our commander must be an ex-marine - rather than searching quarters first, he shoots, then searches.

[email protected]
TCY Golden Scribe Winner - Bear Goes Home

"The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out."
--Thomas B. Macaulay
beargrowlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:06 PM   #529
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
?

Haha, just went to google to send path a goodbye note. Since Path is russian and all, he should be able to understand it.

cliff notes: I just translated Very Good into russian using google
Old 03-14-2007, 08:20 PM   #530
path12
Coordinator

My comrade(s) will avenge me!!

Fun times. Stupid lie detector.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:22 PM   #531
molson
General Manager

Nice job Alan. The momentum shift in 24 hours is amazing. I'd look over your will and make sure everything's in order at this point. Though it's not a slam dunk at all with that armor floating around.

For fun, here's my top 4 suspects now -

-ImTheCrew/Molly Murphy - They both have done suspicious things, and both have the built-in "new player" excuse. But we have to remember to look at the spies as a team - if a veteran spy wants something done, they don't have to do it themselves, they can "assign" a new player spy to do it, so that excuse can be built in.

-Chief Rum/Saldana - Quiet, Veteran Players. They haven't taken any risks at all, haven't committed too much. Haven't given us too much reason to vote for them. What are the odds both have survived night kills to this point?

I think there's a good chance that at least one each from the above pairings are who we're looking for.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:24 PM   #532
saldana
Pro Starter

good job alan

excellent work finding that post to test...now we just have to see if we can link path to anyone else
Old 03-14-2007, 08:44 PM   #533
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

YES! well done village!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:46 PM   #534
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
YES! well done village!

Oh you're just mad because I shot you.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:46 PM   #535
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Freaky. It's me, a bad guy and a good guy in the thread.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:04 PM   #536
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Freaky. It's me, a bad guy and a good guy in the thread.

Should we infer anything into that?
Old 03-14-2007, 09:12 PM   #537
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Yeah, that I was the only one alive.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:13 PM   #538
ImTheCrew
High School Varsity

Sorry guys i havent caught up on the reading yet but it looks like path may have slipped up or something but i would have changed mine if i had been around.
ImTheCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 04:01 AM   #539
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Wow, great choice of a statement to go after, Alan. It seemed like you were in a corner with path's posts, but you found one that worked anyway.

I'm bummed right now that Narcizo is dead. He's usually the only guy around for me to chat with right now.

I wish I could say why I was still alive, although I don't regret it. I guess the KGB have found better targets. Although, think about the selections. They killed one guy who strongly hinted he was the seer (that's an automatic wolf kill order), and while Barkeep and I are vets, we also have been very quiet. So if we're not wolves (roll with it right now, if you would, and, no, I have no idea of BK's allegiance), I think the baddies went after Narcizo because he was putting up very well thought out ideas for the second straight game, and what's more dangerous, an active, but good newbie or an inactive vet. Put beargrowlz, who has done a goods job so far here, or Narcizo in the first role and, let's say, bulletsponge, in the second, and who would you say has contributed more?

So that's why I think Narcizo was targeted before more veteran players. He was, frankly, more dangerous.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 05:51 AM   #540
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Wow, great choice of a statement to go after, Alan. It seemed like you were in a corner with path's posts, but you found one that worked anyway.

I'm bummed right now that Narcizo is dead. He's usually the only guy around for me to chat with right now.

I wish I could say why I was still alive, although I don't regret it. I guess the KGB have found better targets. Although, think about the selections. They killed one guy who strongly hinted he was the seer (that's an automatic wolf kill order), and while Barkeep and I are vets, we also have been very quiet. So if we're not wolves (roll with it right now, if you would, and, no, I have no idea of BK's allegiance), I think the baddies went after Narcizo because he was putting up very well thought out ideas for the second straight game, and what's more dangerous, an active, but good newbie or an inactive vet. Put beargrowlz, who has done a goods job so far here, or Narcizo in the first role and, let's say, bulletsponge, in the second, and who would you say has contributed more?

So that's why I think Narcizo was targeted before more veteran players. He was, frankly, more dangerous.

Chief,

Who do you think were most tied to Path so far this game and why? Also does anyone jump out at you as possibly being he mercenary?
Old 03-15-2007, 06:28 AM   #541
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Good morning, Alan.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:34 AM   #542
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Morning Ardent
Old 03-15-2007, 07:01 AM   #543
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Should be an interesting morning with Lathum gets up.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:06 AM   #544
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Should be an interesting morning with Lathum gets up.

So by noon?
Old 03-15-2007, 07:22 AM   #545
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Exactly. I found out we're closing on a house on the 30th.

Old 03-15-2007, 07:23 AM   #546
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I got more photos...better ones, in fact, but I got to get them uploaded somewhere.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:23 AM   #547
Lorena
Unregistered

Dammit I keep getting sucked in. That sony card ad at the top is driving me fucking insane!
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 07:24 AM   #548
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:

That's awesome man, grats!!
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 07:24 AM   #549
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Old 03-15-2007, 07:33 AM   #550
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Nice!

And Wow.. I forgot what its like to have wide open land. Havent seen a yard like that since I lived in Texas