Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-04-2005, 05:16 PM   #1
Izulde
Head Coach

10 Division 1-AA Schools Jump to 1-A (NCAA 2K6 Dynasty)

This is something I enjoy doing with NCAA to keep things fresh and exciting for me. Normally I replace all 1-A teams in a conference with 1-AA teams but I decided to do something different this time and have 1-AA teams take over most of one conference and part of another conference.

10 1-AA teams were included as per the norm.

I'll be taking over the Idaho State Bengals in the Sun Belt.

The two conferences affected were the Sun Belt and the WAC.

Here's the conference predictions going into the first season:

2005 Sun Belt Predictions:
1. North Texas
2. UL-Monroe
3. Florida Atlantic
4. Sacramento State*
5. James Madison*
6. Idaho State*
7. Furman*
8. Appalachian State*

*=Div 1-AA member.

As expected the bona fide 1-A teams are expected to finish the top 3 in the conference. North Texas looks like the real power of the Sun Belt. Yeah, Sun Belt and power in the same sentence, I kow.

2005 WAC Predictions:

1. Boise State
2. Fresno State
3. Nevada
4. Hawaii
5. New Mexico State
6. Western Illinois*
7. Southern
8. Northwestern State*
9. Northern Arizona*

More of the same here. Oh and I also have Murray State in C-USA for some reason. Naturally the Racers are picked to finish last.

Interestingly enough, there's quite a few 1st Team Preseason Conference Selection of the 1-AA schools for both the Sun Belt and the WAC, including some underclassmen.

Murray State, on the other hand, has neither a 1st team nor a 2nd team selection in C-USA.

Naturally we all occupy the bottom of the preseason 119 polls. Here's the order:

110. Western Illinois
111. Southern
112. Sacramento State
113. Northwestern State
114. Northern Arizona
115. Murray State
116. James Madison
117. Idaho State
118. Furman
119. Appalachian State

Naturally I don't expect this to be the case by the end of the season as the cupcakes will beat up on each other in conference play to create a stronger pecking order.

The focus of this dynasty is going to be on the Idaho State Bengals if that's okay with everyone, since I'm controlling them, but I'll try and get as much detail about the other 1-AA teams in as I can.

My three impact players are all underclassmen thankfully. A JR SS rated 80, a SO RE rated 80 and a SO HB rated 76. So yeah, my emphasis is going to be on running the football, even though for some strange reason I have the 1st-Team Preseason All-Sun Belt QB with a rating of 59, also a SO.

The first game of the season will be in Week 2 against Murray State. Yeah, I tried to make an easy schedule so that I would have hopefully have a winning record. Next post will deal with that game probably.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)

Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 05:24 PM   #2
Emiliano
College Prospect

Very interesting idea! I'm following.
Old 09-04-2005, 08:00 PM   #3
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emiliano
Very interesting idea! I'm following.

Thanks! Glad to hear it.

Okay so in-season recruiting is up first actually. I've never done in-season recruiting before because I've never started a dynasty in 06, so this is gonna be different.

Looking at the needs list, I notice we'll have 0 DTs and 0 FSs next year. Nice. We also have holes to fill elsewhere but the one I'm most interested in is the vacancy we'll have at QB. I want a hotshot slinger to throw the ball.

My pipeline states are Arizona, California, Idaho, and Utah. Interesting, very interesting... but let's see what other pipelines we can build eh? I'm especially interested in getting pipelines built in my home state of Wisconsin and my current collegiate state of Wyoming.

So I select 12 guys from various states and positions, mostly trying to fill holes. Here's my initial dozen:

1. 4* CB Terrell Daniel Lyman, WY
2. 4* LOLB Andrew Seals Santa, Ana CA (Pipeline)
3. 4* LE Matt Washington Indio, CA (Pipeline)
4. 4* ROLB Preston White Meridian, ID (Pipeline)
5. 4* FS Chris Baker Flowing Wells, AZ (Pipeline)
6. 4* DT Reggie Foster La Habra, CA (Pipeline)
7. 4* CB Eric Malone Preston, ID (Pipeline)
8. 4* FS Andrew Robertson Marshfield, WI
9. 3* QB Casey Spinner Los Angeles, CA (Pipeline)
10. 3* DT Ben Walker Sheboygan, WI
11. 3* CB Andrew Gallagher Sierra Vista, AZ (Pipeline)
12. 3* WR Troy Britt Casa Grande, AZ (Pipeline)

I most especially want Gallagher because he's from my first gf's hometown (Dorky I know), Spinner because I think he can be a topnotch QB, and Britt cuz he's a burner.

And here we go with our first game against Murray State!

The Racers' impact guys are 84 rated TE, 84 rated CB and 80 rated WR. Can you say they'll be focusing on the passing game? I thought so. Look to see me do up a lot of coverage schemes.

We get the ball first after Murray State decides to kick upon winning the coin toss. Our star HB runs the kickoff return back to about the 30, then busts out with a 19 yard run the next play. A couple more runs later and we're looking at 3rd and 6, but a beaut of a play-action pass out of the shotgun formation is good for 25 yards and the first. But the drive ends when I forgo my strength and try another pass on their 23 yard line. An interception on the three yard linee later, our drive is dead.

Stupid, stupid me.

A 97 yard run by their HB and we're down 7-0. Great. Just flipping great. Our guys on D can't tackle worth crap.

By midway through our next drive, I figure out that our HB is actually a speedster and evader, rather than a power guy, so I throw in a few tosses as well, one of which is good enough for a 17 yard TD rush. No passes the entire drive. I'm not about to risk another interception again so soon.

But our defense still can't stop them and with a mixture of medium passes and long runs, they answer right back with a score and go up 14-7. They're eating our coverage schemes alive. Our LE did get a sack, though.

We can't do shit on our next drive as our HB gets shut down, while in the zone no less, thanks to a swarming blitz. The long ball thrown was incomplete, too. So now they have it on their 47. Is 21-7 coming soon?

Not before the end of the quarter at least, as our RE gets a 5 yard sack.

End of 1st Quarter: Idaho State 7 Murray State 14

Holy cow! We actually managed to stop them on a series! They didn't even get a first down, as our new philosophy of blitz, blitz, blitz keeps them from doing anything at all.

Ugh. Another series, another QB interception, another great field position for the Racers.

*sigh* 21-7 Racers. A couple of long completions and a punch-in by the fullback got them the score. They're really using their Impact TE to great effectiveness.

Naturally we have a three and out. I'm changing QBs next series. Making matters even worse, our LG who got hurt the last series is now out for 7 weeks with an injury. There goes the season. Maybe this just isn't my day for football huh? I should probably just switch to OOTP or TPB.

There's a fumble on their series and I get excited for a minute but of course they recover and of course they score again. 28-7. Murray State calls a timeout before their HB gets across the line for short yardage and the TD. I've never seen so much red in all my life. My whole team is shook up. Isn't this swell?! And to think the Racers get the ball back at half too.

This is also the first time I've seen 0 highlighted bars for the home field momentum. That'll change for Murray State after this game I bet.

Remember how the Buccaneers surprise me a lot in my FOF dynasty? Well, the Bengals do it here, as our QB finally shows that preseason 1st team conference status by hooking up with one of his WRs for a 77 yard TD bomb. Let me watch this replay a few times and enjoy the thrill of it.

...But of course, nothing can go perfectly right, as our K shanks the XP and we're down 28-13. What do you want to bet Murray State scores again before the half even though there's only 45 seconds left?

By what can only be described as a miracle, no.

Halftime Score: Idaho State 13 Murray State 28

The Racers get the ball back at half and.. oh my god!!! We just stopped them!!! Not only that, but my ROLB got an interception that he rumbles down to the Murray 16 yard line!!!! Hallejuah! Hallejuah!!! We may not be out of this one yet, folks!!! It's almost worth getting my LE hurt.

In the ensuing possession, I discover that said LE is out for 6 weeks, making two starters on D gone for at least half the season. That's not good, no sir. Also not good is when the HB gets tackled 6 yards behind the line of scrimmage because our FB forgot something called blocking, but it turns out okay when a facemask penalty against the Racers takes it away and then some. A few fullback and halfback runs later, the last a one yard run by the HB and we're only down 28-20 after our kicker finally makes a damn XP. Whooha!

Yes yes yes yes yes!!! On the very first play after the kickoff return, my ROLB comes in on a blitz and throws off the Racers's QB's timing.. and what happens? The ball bounces off my CB and into his arms. WIDE.OPEN.FIELD! TOUCHDOWN BENGALS!!! Now do I go for 2 to tie it up or do I content myself with the 1 point differential? Pfft, fuck the 1 point. We ain't gonna get any damn safeties with this team anyway. Let's go for two baybee!

It fails, but so what? We're within 2!

...Fuck!!! No we're not! Fucking CB for Murray State returns the kickoff for a TD because none of the asshole Idaho State players can block. Damn it damn it damn it!!! Down 35-26 now.

And that appears to have taken all the gusto and energy out of us as we stall on the next drive.

Long pass + roughing the passer penalty = TD and 42-26 deficit. Yeah we're done. No wait, make that 43-26 because Murray State is a bunch of cockdockers who decide to run up the score with a 2 pt conversion. Fuck you assholes too.

End of 3rd Quarter: Idaho State 26 Murray State 43

We score shortly after the fourth quarter starts, thanks to a 20+ yard pass from our QB to our HB, so now we're down 43-33. We can still come back but we actually have to play defense and not do anything stupid.

You mean stupid like allow their WR to take a screen pass and blaze past everyone for a 67 yard TD reception? That kind of stupid? Yeah, that kind of stupid. 50-33. Just let this damn game get over with, please.

Christ fucking ALMIGHTY!!! I forgot to change the damn QB so naturally the assfucker throws his third interception on the day. Then, just when we've stopped those bastards cold on their series, and have them to 4th and 9, my fucking DIPSTICK defender gets a damn facemasking penalty. Fucking Hell, this shit is BULL.SHIT.

Yeah, I'm like beyond pissed right now.

So, I stop the run design on my D cuz they look like they're running, right? 29 yard run by the FB. 57-33. I liked the celebration though. Dude pissed on the goalpost. Or at least that's what it looked like he was doing. You're at home, asshole. Way to ruin your own fucking goalpost.

I spend most of the rest of the game putting together a drive that's a mixture of runs and passes after putting in the senior QB who *was* the #2 guy and is going to be the starter after this. 2 yard TD run by #31, our star HB who I'm going to name because he deserves it, gives him his third for the day and the final score is:

Idaho State 40 Murray State 57

Our star of the game was clearly HB #31. 34 rushes for 139 yards and 3 TDs, 1 reception for 13 yards and a TD, and a 30.4 kickoff return average.

I'll do the other Div 1-AA team scores for Week 2 later. I'm too demoralized right now.

Old 09-04-2005, 08:27 PM   #4
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

VERY cool idea.
Old 09-05-2005, 05:16 PM   #5
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
VERY cool idea.

Thanks.

Okay, time to continue with this.

Week 2 Promoted Div. 1-AA Team Scores:
Idaho State 40 Murray State 57
Florida Atlantic 21 Kansas 44
James Madison 17 Missouri 34
Northern Arizona 7 Washington State 56 (Regional TV)
Furman 3 #13 Alabama 56 (Regional TV)
Appalachian State 14 #5 Texas 63 (Regional TV)
1AA West* 3 Sacramento State 20
Nicholls State* 6 Southern 13
Eastern Washington* 24 Western Illinois 27
*=Actual Div 1-AA team

So the wins that our promotees got weren't impressive in the least, as they were against 1-AA teams. But still a win is a win and that gives Sacramento State a leg up on the recruiting wars we're in with them (See below)

Recruits Update - Week 2

1. 4* CB Terrell Daniel Lyman, WY (Red Zone Top 50)
-Isn't interested in playing right away (#8 school)
2. 4* LOLB Andrew Seals Santa, Ana CA (Pipeline) (Red Zone Top 50)
-Indifferent to our style of play (#7 school)
3. 4* LE Matt Washington Indio, CA (Pipeline)
-My prestige as a coach doesn't interest him (#2 school with Cal having sizeable advantage)
4. 4* ROLB Preston White Meridian, ID (Pipeline)
-Isn't really familiar with my reputation as coach (#1 school!)
5. 4* FS Chris Baker Flowing Wells, AZ (Pipeline)
-Not really concerned about our style of play (#8 school)
6. 4* DT Reggie Foster La Habra, CA (Pipeline)
-Doesn't care about our location (#1 school and by a nice margin!)
7. 4* CB Eric Malone Preston, ID (Pipeline)
-Led his HS on a 3 game win streak (#1 school!)
8. 4* FS Andrew Robertson Marshfield, WI
-Doesn't have to play for a big name coach (#4 school but Ohio State is clearly tops on his list atm)
9. 3* QB Casey Spinner Los Angeles, CA (Pipeline)
-Prestige isn't primary concern (#4 school)
10. 3* DT Ben Walker Sheboygan, WI
-Getting quite a bit of attention from media (#5 school with Notre Dame the obvious favourite)
11. 3* CB Andrew Gallagher Sierra Vista, AZ (Pipeline)
-Not concerned about academics (#5 school)
12. 3* WR Troy Britt Casa Grande, AZ (Pipeline)
-Wants to go to a more prestious school (#4 school with USC clear frontrunner)

Dropped from Recruit List:
WR Troy Britt
CB Terrell Daniel
LOLB Andrew Seals

Britt is obvious as to why, Daniel and Seals sounded a little negative, so I cut them from the list. This leaves me 9 guys to concentrate on. So I'll spread out the points among them.

Oh and out of the remaining guys I figured I'd update you on who else from Div 1-AA is chasing them:

FS Chris Baker: Northern Arizona (#4 school) vs Us (#8 school)
LE Matt Washington: Sacramento State (#3 school) vs Us (#2 school)
DT Reggie Foster: Sacramento State (#6 school) vs Us (Clear-cut favourite)
QB Casey Spinner: Sacramento State (#7 school) vs Us (#4 school)
CB Andrew Gallagher: Northern Arizona (#8 school vs Us (#5 school)

So it looks like we're going head to head against a couple schools for a bunch of guys. But I think I'll cut Chris Baker from the list, too. We're the #8 school and Northern Arizona is bound to put a lot of effort into going after him.

Div 1-AA Players of the Week:
Idaho State SO HB #31 - Sun Belt OPOTW
Western Illinois SR DT #45 - WAC DPOTW

Now it's on to Week 3 and Game 2, this one against 1-A indies Temple, also 0-1. The Owls hopefully suck enough that we can have an outside shot at beating them.

Hooray!!! On the very first play of the game, Temple throws the ball and my CB steps in front of it, intercepts it, and runs it back for the TD!!! It was even declared a User Pick, my first ever in NCAA Football video game playing history! I'm so happy! 7-0 Bengals as I make the XP, I notice that the moon is full tonight in Philadelphia. Very nice detail.

The Owls get absolutely stifled on their next drive, and a User tackle for loss, an incompletion, and a sack later, they're punting on 4th and 18.

Guess what I forgot to do? If you said change the depth chart so that the senior QB is starting, you're right. End result: They answer the INT return for a TD with one of their own. Damn it. 7-7 tie. So much for our upset hopes.

On our next drive, we get to about the 40, but a huge tackle for loss, a dropped pass, and some b.s. defensive pass interference that didn't get called means we have to punt.

We manage to force a three and out though, but sadly, in our turn, our RT gets injured (What is it with all these injuries?!) and the senior QB throws his first INT of the year. And that's how the quarter ends.

End of 1st Quarter: Idaho State 7 Temple 7

Bad news hits us hard when the Owls play their next drive. Not only is my RT out for the ENTIRE SEASON, but their HB gets a 57 yard TD run. This is not good, not good at all. What the hell is up with all these injuries? I never had this many before.

This is quickly going downhill. We get absolutely wrecked on offense. Our running game is being stifled (Halfback is only averaging 1.7 yards a carry) and our passing game is for shit too. We'll be lucky to get out of this half with even a fighting chance at winning.

And there goes that chance. 44 yard Temple TD throw and it's 21-7. On that play, all of my guys got pancaked. It was unreal to watch.

So I go for it on 4th and 3 figuring what the hell, right? I decide to try a pass play after a timeout since they were stacked against the run. Guess what happens? The Temple D automatically figures out that I'm doing a pass play and goes into a dime formation. What the fuck is this shit? Does the AI cheat in this fucking game?! And yeah, my DB blows pass coverage a few plays later. 28-7 Owls. Unfucking real.

What bullshit. We finally get my HB untracked a bit and then the officials look away when there's obvious defensive pass interference and furthermore, nail my offensive lineman for holding. Yeah okay whatever. 4th and 10? Fuck it I'm going for it. We make the conversion and then call the no-huddle of the same pass play. 30 yard TD reception and we cut the deficit to 28-14.

Naturally they call defensive pass intereference on the next series against me even though all my guy did was tip the ball so it's 3rd and 1 rather 3rd and 10 like it should be. A 44 yard TD run on a halfback sweep later and it's 35-14. They scored in 20 seconds. I'm tempted to just sim out the rest of the game, I really am.

9 seconds. That's all I need to throw an 80 yard Hail Mary and nick it down to 35-21. Eat that, bastards.

.... Heh. 28 yard TD pass after they throw a hail mary and we've got them on 3rd and 10. My RE even hits the damn QB as he throws it. 42-21. Why am I playing this game again?

Halftime: Idaho State 21 Temple 42

Yeah, we're getting our asses kicked that bad.

So we threaten on the opening drive, right? Sack and fumble after they figure out I'm passing on 3rd and 2 even though I'm in a fucking run formation.

You know what? Fuck it? I quit.

....I can't. It says all in-game progress will be lost. DAmn it. DAmn it a ll to fucking hell. 61 yard TD pass. 49-21. and the third quarter's not even half over.

These are the only stats you need to know for how the rest of the game went.

Final Score:
Temple 73
Idaho State 21

Idaho State INTs thrown: 6

And my star HB was stopped just short of the goal line on the last play of the game, or we could have scored a TD and broken the second half shutout.

This is getting really depressing to play. I'm almost considering dropping to Junior Varsity level.

Old 09-05-2005, 07:18 PM   #6
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

izulde,

i'm sorry about your misfortune, but your game reports make laugh.
Originally Posted by mijb#19
Switzerland is independant and will try to do so until the apacolypse is upon us.
finkenst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 05:56 AM   #7
wade moore
lolzcat

Booo..

Would have followed if you picked William and Mary instead of stupid James Madison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 08:47 PM   #8
Izulde
Head Coach

Well it looks like I may have to reset this for two reasons:

1) The game's just no fun getting blown out on Varsity Mode

2) I fucked up and forgot that the Week 2 game was the last of the week so I missed an *entire* week of recruiting.

Therefore, I'm going to restart this dynasty in a new thread.

Old 09-11-2005, 08:48 PM   #9
Izulde
Head Coach

dola,

I'm glad you enjoy the reports, finkenst.

Wade, expect William & Mary to be in the new dynasty when it starts up

Old 09-12-2005, 01:12 PM   #10
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde
dola,

I'm glad you enjoy the reports, finkenst.

Wade, expect William & Mary to be in the new dynasty when it starts up

Woohoo!

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 09-12-2005, 01:12 PM   #11
wade moore
lolzcat

Dola:

Are you getting real player names, or are you auto-generating player names?

Quote:
Old 09-12-2005, 01:39 PM   #12
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore
Dola:

Are you getting real player names, or are you auto-generating player names?

I may wait until my credit card gets here in the mail so I can sign up for XBox Live and get the real player names.

Old 09-26-2005, 09:36 PM   #13
korme
Go Reds

Izulde, don't get mad.. it's funner than being USC and winning every game (IMO).

Me and my buddy are doing a joint dynasty, he's UTEP (team I was last yr with my old roomate) and I'm Central Florida. I'm 3-4. But it's fun and I can't wait til I get new recuits, all I'm hoping for is atleast one 4 star player on offense and defense that I can rely on..
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 03:56 AM   #14
Blade6119
Coordinator

i created a cupcake...first season sucked but i got a 3 star RB that ran a 4.18 and i gave him the ball every play...and returns...and cornerback...its soo much more fun as you have a few playmakers and transfers that play huge, and a few crap guys you curse at every play...i love it
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote