Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2020, 02:46 PM   #7451
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
We're living the horror movie not-dead-yet monster trope.

It's like we know that as soon as we turn our backs, the villain is going to rise up behind us and have to be killed again.

Say what you will about Trump, but it's pretty impressive that the guy has managed to give an entire nation collective PTSD to the extent that we're afraid NOT to stand over the body until we're 100% sure it's dead.

Double Tap is what Zombieland has taught me.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 11-06-2020, 02:53 PM   #7452
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Note the "GONNA BE A CIVIL WAR" shouted by a man in the background at 15s.
Large gathering of Trump supporters outside the Rhode Island Board of Elections headquarters in Cranston, demanding a recount here in RI. @wpri12 pic.twitter.com/skAOmhDMNy
— Corey Welch (@CoreyWelch) November 6, 2020

I have a couple of friends who are conservative New England types and they're an interesting breed. They mostly have it good in life but there's always some perceived slights or minor problems with local government that the rest of us just ignore because there are bigger problems in life. But rather than just complain about it the way the rest of us do, everything's a dramatic production. They're ready to get on their powdered wigs, cosplay the Revolutionary War, and overthrow a tyrannical government all to get rid of a $20 HOA fee.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 11-06-2020 at 02:54 PM.
Old 11-06-2020, 02:53 PM   #7453
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 11-06-2020, 03:29 PM   #7454
Ksyrup

Hey, the "failing NY Times" wrote an article for me! Seriously, I needed this to push back on some brain-dead Trump supporters in my family. I knew the answer, but this puts some meat on the bones.

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 11-06-2020, 04:00 PM   #7455
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Note the "GONNA BE A CIVIL WAR" shouted by a man in the background at 15s.

More like gathering of large Trump supporters.
Old 11-06-2020, 04:15 PM   #7456
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Georgia is up 4,263!!!!
Old 11-06-2020, 04:27 PM   #7457
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Double Tap is what Zombieland has taught me.

+1 for the zombie reference.

Unfortunately, he's not the Romero slow, lumbering kind but more the WWZ or 28D fast.
Old 11-06-2020, 04:31 PM   #7458
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post

Unfortunately, he's not the Romero slow, lumbering kind but more the WWZ or 28D fast.

Thanks!

Haha! I have to admit, I like how they did it for 28 Days Later and WWZ, but, will always prefer the slow, shuffling zombies.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 11-06-2020, 04:38 PM   #7459
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Thanks!

Haha! I have to admit, I like how they did it for 28 Days Later and WWZ, but, will always prefer the slow, shuffling zombies.

BTW, I enjoyed Zombieland 2 better than 1 (the Bill Murray storyline was just too "off" for me).
Old 11-06-2020, 04:38 PM   #7460
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

Well, the zombies in Zombieland weren’t the Romero slow, lumbering kind, but were pretty quick. Remember Rule 1: Cardio.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 11-06-2020, 04:43 PM   #7461
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Well, the zombies in Zombieland weren’t the Romero slow, lumbering kind, but were pretty quick. Remember Rule 1: Cardio.

Hah, you are right!
Old 11-06-2020, 04:51 PM   #7462
sabotai
General Manager

The provisional ballots are being counted in PA now as some counties are finishing up their mail in ballot counting. Pittsburgh and Philly still have a good amount of mail ins to process.
Old 11-06-2020, 04:53 PM   #7463
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
BTW, I enjoyed Zombieland 2 better than 1 (the Bill Murray storyline was just too "off" for me).

Interesting. I liked Zombieland 2, but, like the first one better. It's not like they are miles apart in my liking them though.

Old 11-06-2020, 05:05 PM   #7464
Edward64
Head Coach

CNN guy is trying to explain why CNN hasn't called it yet - highest level of confidence etc.

Smells BS'y to me.
Old 11-06-2020, 05:08 PM   #7465
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
CNN guy is trying to explain why CNN hasn't called it yet - highest level of confidence etc.

Smells BS'y to me.

Just curious why you say that, I think they are going to slow play it to avoid the inevitable wrath that will come if they are first.
Old 11-06-2020, 05:09 PM   #7466
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

I like how every few days conservative Twitter freaks out over one of their own getting suspended from Twitter for posting insane conspiracies.

They then all say they're leaving for Parler, aka white nationalist Twitter.

Then they don't leave and just continue posting insane conspiracies on Twitter.

I think all the internet has ever accomplished is making it easier for mentally disturbed people to connect with each other and to no longer be afraid to say stupid shit in public. That's how we have the current GOP.

That and videos of cats trying to jump from a smooth surface and falling into trash cans. Those videos are never not funny.
Old 11-06-2020, 05:12 PM   #7467
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Dat boy don't think too good.
Old 11-06-2020, 05:15 PM   #7468
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Just curious why you say that, I think they are going to slow play it to avoid the inevitable wrath that will come if they are first.

That's why I think it's BS'y. In any other election, it would have been called by now.

They just don't want to be first.
Old 11-06-2020, 05:16 PM   #7469
sabotai
General Manager

One of the replies to that tweet

"Maybe Minnesota should get to take that trade back, too"
Old 11-06-2020, 05:18 PM   #7470
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post

Dat boy don't think too good.

Not as Bad as Aubrey Huff's, but that was still a depressing twitter to peruse.
Old 11-06-2020, 05:27 PM   #7471
kingfc22
Head Coach

Did all the vote counters go home for the weekend? WTF.

PA was on a roll for awhile and then stopped.

AZ and NV - wish they would just upload in batches instead of these bigger lump sums that stretch it out
Old 11-06-2020, 05:38 PM   #7472
sabotai
General Manager

PA has had a slow trickle of what I think are provisional ballot results. They've been collectively a 50/50 split of 3k or so votes.

Last edited by sabotai : 11-06-2020 at 05:38 PM.
Old 11-06-2020, 05:43 PM   #7473
AlexB
Pro Starter

Or alternatively just announce the results when all the votes are counted?
Old 11-06-2020, 05:43 PM   #7474
Ksyrup

I totally don't get the Trump legal strategy in PA suing to stop the counting of late mail votes (which aren't part of the vote total we see) and provisional ballots given that he's losing right now. If those ballots are never counted and we just stop when all the other votes are counted, he LOSES. The ONLY chance he would have is to count every single vote and hope that somehow most are for him. It won't happen, but that's his only option.

Unless there's a separate legal strategy to invalidate other votes already counted, this makes fuck-all sense.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 11-06-2020 at 05:44 PM.
Old 11-06-2020, 05:44 PM   #7475
sabotai
General Manager

Biden's lead has grown to 17k now with 2 more small-ish updates that went 75/25 for him.
Old 11-06-2020, 05:46 PM   #7476
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I totally don't get the Trump legal strategy in PA suing to stop the counting of late mail votes (which aren't part of the vote total we see) and provisional ballots given that he's losing right now. If those ballots are never counted and we just stop when all the other votes are counted, he LOSES. The ONLY chance he would have is to count every single vote and hope that somehow most are for him. It won't happen, but that's his only option.

Unless there's a separate legal strategy to invalidate other votes already counted, this makes fuck-all sense.

You’re trying to apply logic to an environment where that notion is an anachronism
Old 11-06-2020, 05:58 PM   #7477
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Quote:

It's the same strategy they use for everything else. Throw so much stupid shit at the wall on the off chance it might stick, while trying to do even dumber, worse stuff in the background so you keep that if the front page for as long as possible.

Also, it rules up the trolls and idiots. It's been the strategy for 5 years.
Old 11-06-2020, 05:58 PM   #7478
Ksyrup

HAHAHA! So true!

Old 11-06-2020, 06:06 PM   #7479
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
HAHAHA! So true!

I laughed a lot.
Old 11-06-2020, 06:09 PM   #7480
Ksyrup

This is truly awful.

Old 11-06-2020, 06:09 PM   #7481
Atocep
Coordinator

Biden about to go up nearly 20k with the first allghenney county votes about to post.

Last edited by Atocep : 11-06-2020 at 06:09 PM.
Old 11-06-2020, 06:18 PM   #7482
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I probably know the answer to this, but if the secret service, or whomever, have to perp walk Trump from the White House does that hurt his brand moving forward?

His die hards will of course love it, but would single issue voters or hold their nose but vote him voters be turned off?
Old 11-06-2020, 06:21 PM   #7483
Ksyrup

"Hold your nose" voters don't like him except for what he could do for them in office. So yeah it hurts his brand with them, but those who have accepted his loss are already done with him.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 11-06-2020 at 06:21 PM.
Old 11-06-2020, 06:28 PM   #7484
sabotai
General Manager

Biden's lead now ~19,500 in PA.
Old 11-06-2020, 06:30 PM   #7485
Drake
assmaster

If you have to perp walk him out, I'd like to think you'd do it in as humiliating a way as possible.

But the folks who work for the Secret Service are probably 1000 times more professional than I am. They'll do what's best for the country and the reputation of the United States rather than the sort of passive-aggressive petty shit I'd get up to.
Old 11-06-2020, 06:30 PM   #7486
Ksyrup

Come on MAN. Thus the need for observers - on both sides.

Old 11-06-2020, 06:31 PM   #7487
kingfc22
Head Coach

Hopefully the batch in AZ that will be released in 90 minutes are enough. Then let the floodgates flow.
Old 11-06-2020, 06:35 PM   #7488
kingfc22
Head Coach

And NV has gone home for the night.
Old 11-06-2020, 06:35 PM   #7489
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I'd love to see the ballots be checked in Maryland to see if Hogan actually did vote for Ronald Reagan.

And I hear Twitter was already talking about removing Trump's special status once he leaves the white house. So I'm sure he will get banned shortly thereafter.
Old 11-06-2020, 06:37 PM   #7490
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post

And I hear Twitter was already talking about removing Trump's special status once he leaves the white house. So I'm sure he will get banned shortly thereafter.

The amount of traffic he drives to their site I'll believe it when I see it.
Old 11-06-2020, 06:37 PM   #7491
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Also my wife had her 7th graders fill in a map today, to see where they thought certain states were. Bonus points for the kid that thought "Glorida" was the state directly above Florida.
Old 11-06-2020, 06:42 PM   #7492
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Also my wife had her 7th graders fill in a map today, to see where they thought certain states were. Bonus points for the kid that thought "Glorida" was the state directly above Florida.

That's actually the strip of Florida from Pensacola to Jacksonville, starting just north of Ocala.
Old 11-06-2020, 06:52 PM   #7493
Ksyrup

So about those 9K "missing" (Trump's words) military ballots. It looks like this may be in the dozens, at best, if Gwinnett is any indication.

Old 11-06-2020, 06:57 PM   #7494
Ksyrup

SC orders PA to do what it has been doing - segregate late ballots - but doesn't tell them to stop counting them. GOP on a roll! Nothing is going to stop Trump's comeback now!

Last edited by Ksyrup : 11-06-2020 at 06:58 PM.
Old 11-06-2020, 06:58 PM   #7495
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So about those 9K "missing" (Trump's words) military ballots. It looks like this may be in the dozens, at best, if Gwinnett is any indication.
As of this morning, there were ~8,400 military/overseas ballots requested but still unreturned in Georgia. The deadline was 5 p.m. In Gwinnett County, the 2nd largest county, they only received THREE more of these ballots today before the deadline, according to @JGambleCNN.
— Marshall Cohen (@MarshallCohen) November 7, 2020

This is like the North Carolina situation. There are like thousands outstanding but very few are actually going to come in, which is why it most likely ends red unless there's something with provisional ballots

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 11-06-2020 at 07:00 PM.
Old 11-06-2020, 06:59 PM   #7496
BYU 14
Coordinator

So what is the impact of the ruling to separate all mail in ballots received late in PA, I haven't seen a number attached to this anywhere yet.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 11-06-2020 at 06:59 PM.
Old 11-06-2020, 07:00 PM   #7497
Ksyrup

A few thousand. Won't be material, and they aren't even baked into the vote count we see. It's a nothing burger - even if 100% of them went to Trump.
Old 11-06-2020, 07:17 PM   #7498
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:

Wonder if they hadn't screwed with the postal service if more of the ballots would've made it in time...
Old 11-06-2020, 07:27 PM   #7499
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
Wonder if they hadn't screwed with the postal service if more of the ballots would've made it in time...

International mail likely slower as well due to the Pandemic and general increase in workload (if Germany is any indication).

Damned shame though it is, i have to wonder how there isn't some sort of system in place for millitary votes at least (other overseas ballots i from stuff like embassies too i guess). I mean, why can't the millitary organise the shipping and distributing in some way ? (At least up to certain regional hubs). It's not like they don't ship shit all over all the time anyway.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 11-06-2020 at 07:30 PM.
Old 11-06-2020, 07:27 PM   #7500
Ksyrup

Or scared their own voters into believing mail-in was fraudulent, unreliable, etc.
Closed Thread