Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-01-2020, 07:48 PM   #1
Tormaz
Mascot

Draft Analyzer

Trying to learn how to use the weights section on this.

Would anyone be willing to share how they set it up?

This is for single player, so if it doesn't matter then I'll just not use it. I've just seen people talk about it in different parts of this forum.

Tormaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 05:06 AM   #2
Squirrel
Mascot

Hey

I don't use draft analyser anymore, so I don't have weights to share, although it was absolutely great when I was learning the basics of the game. Big up to Greg Stelmack who developed it.

I think the simplest way to replicate the way MP FOF players are currently drafting would be to use the default weights the game gives you and then jack up the static bar weights to the max.

Maybe Greg will read this and correct me, but what the default weights appear to do is optimise the expected current rating on a prospect. It doesn't try to optimise for the bars that are most valuable, or the bars which are most likely to help ensure a prospect doesn't bust.

So jacking up the static bars helps with the bust part, and as for value we all have our different opinions. So this won't be perfect but it will be close enough.

To my mind bars to jack up to the max would be:

QB sense rush
RB speed to outside, breakaway speed, power inside (also jack up hole recognition on this one even though it isn't a static bar)
TE and WR big play receiving (also jack up route running on this one even though it isn't a static bar)
C, G, T I wouldn't, would just leave the default as-is
DE pass rush strength
DT pass rush strength
LB I wouldn't, would just leave the default as-is
CB, S punishing hitter

This isn't quite all the static bars by the way, it's a simplification, but for what you're doing it will be close enough and it will get you better results than the defaults

Good luck

Last edited by Squirrel : 05-08-2020 at 05:11 AM.
Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 01:26 PM   #3
bgbob1967
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormaz View Post
Trying to learn how to use the weights section on this.

Would anyone be willing to share how they set it up?

This is for single player, so if it doesn't matter then I'll just not use it. I've just seen people talk about it in different parts of this forum.

What I did I used it with the settings It had when I down loaded it during the first draft. Then after the second pre season game I compared the what the analyzer said for ratings to what they really came out to be. I then played with the weights and found the best combo that match final ratings. The rating you start with are off by 8-12 point higher than real. Now your coach scout and ratings need to be high because that is what it uses.
bgbob1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 03:45 PM   #4
triplykely
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgbob1967 View Post
What I did I used it with the settings It had when I down loaded it during the first draft. Then after the second pre season game I compared the what the analyzer said for ratings to what they really came out to be. I then played with the weights and found the best combo that match final ratings. The rating you start with are off by 8-12 point higher than real. Now your coach scout and ratings need to be high because that is what it uses.

The problem with that is the dice roll on progression, you’d need to do many seasons. If you save at camp and preseason you will find the same player can go up or down. From my experience the default weights are a good start; focusing on static bars and desired bars and you will have success. A great thing with FOF is even a sure thing can be a bust and a bum can be a stud. Also important that it takes several seasons to really know how good a draft pick is

Last edited by triplykely : 05-09-2020 at 03:46 PM.
triplykely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 07:10 PM   #5
finkellll
n00b

Also remember to change the linked combine bar if you changed a bar weighting. I'm the idiot that maxed out the zone defense on my free safety but didn't also max the correlated combine (position drill?) So I wasn't getting as good of results.

Also definitely change the offensive line bars. For whatever stupid reason the endurance is a dump stat in DA for C,G,T. even tho it is really important for line players
finkellll is offline   Reply With Quote