Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-29-2005, 02:16 PM   #51
Tigercat
College Starter

Upon reflection, I find no fault with Qwiks pick of shorty, he even picked Shorty when he must have known it would back fire on him. And in Shorty he has given a decent alternative, someone who has been suspicious in some form. So given that the Werewolf has not attacked yet, and given that there is a viable alternative given by the accused, I vote for Quikshot to LIVE. Now if Shorty had been more talkative to this point, things would be different.

Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 02:21 PM   #52
korme
Go Reds

One day of me being kinda busy is the exact same case was made last time "well Shorty posts alot, why isn't he now." And it'd be the exact same outcome if I was lynched again, Qwik. Poorly played.

I vote Qwikshot for death
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 02:24 PM   #53
KevinNU7
College Starter

1 for life
1 for death
2 for people with reading comprehension issues
Old 06-29-2005, 02:29 PM   #54
Tigercat
College Starter

Maybe they are voting for Qwik to be part of our new werewolf legislative assembly?
Old 06-29-2005, 02:30 PM   #55
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNU7
1 for life
1 for death

Clarified.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 02:34 PM   #56
Tigercat
College Starter

Sounds like Shorty has made up his mind, and if hes guilty or not him choosing Qwik is understandable, I ask you other two, especially Jeff, to at least reconsider the matter.(If you two aren't hell spawn.) I'd rather not see us lynch one peron before a killing has happened, especially when at least two are suspicious, and those two are going against each other.

Last edited by Tigercat : 06-29-2005 at 02:35 PM.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:36 PM   #57
korme
Go Reds

Ok how am I suspicious? Did you not read Werewolf 2... ugh
Old 06-29-2005, 02:36 PM   #58
henry296
College Starter

Originally posted in the rules:
Quote:
The game begins with a 1st night session in which the werewolf does NOT get to kill someone. Roles with night abilities other than the werewolf use them now.

Next is the 1st day. The group lynches one player. Any player may make an accusation against another player. If the majority of players vote for the accusation, then that player is "on the block". A player on the block makes a defense speech, and then a death vote is called. If a majority vote for death in the death vote, the player is dead and may no longer post...no dying words or anything. If a majority do not vote for the death speech, it doesn't occur. If a subsequent lynching attempt is made against the same player, they must again go through two votes, a 'on the block' vote and a death vote.

There is a lynching before the werewolf kills.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:38 PM   #59
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Understandable, but what exactly are we debating? As far as I'm concerned the game hasn't really started, if anyone else was on the block the arguments would mirror Quik's.

I guess the question is, why shouldn't he be lynched and why doesn't this reason apply to everyone else?

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 02:39 PM   #60
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

And yes, a lynching happens first, else I certainly would be waiting for further developments after the kill.

Old 06-29-2005, 02:40 PM   #61
Tigercat
College Starter

Sorry Shorty, fair or not you are. Doesn't mean I would necessarily vote for you to die at this point, but in my mind your actions, or lack thereof, are no less suspicious than Qwik's.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:42 PM   #62
Tigercat
College Starter

I would just be for considering Shorty and Qwik side by side I guess, but if the lynching must take place, and you guys have decided on Qwik, C'est la vie I guess.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:48 PM   #63
korme
Go Reds

Alright, since there is no reason really to vote for anyone yet, I will take this time to open the floor for questions. Where I was on the night of..

To quote Pat Benatar, hit me with your best shot.
Old 06-29-2005, 04:06 PM   #64
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't believe this mini game has a time limit. Unless a vote is changed I believe we are just waiting on Peregrine.

Old 06-29-2005, 04:18 PM   #65
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061
Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't believe this mini game has a time limit. Unless a vote is changed I believe we are just waiting on Peregrine.

That's my understanding as well.
Old 06-29-2005, 04:18 PM   #66
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
1 for life
1 for death

I didn't get what you were saying until I just went back and re-read things, ooops .

Old 06-29-2005, 04:41 PM   #67
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281
Ok how am I suspicious? Did you not read Werewolf 2... ugh

Werewolf 2 doesn't count...this is a new dimension, new game, new people.

I know things that I'm certain of, for someone who was so pissed at being killed off rather quickly because of inactivity, you didn't thrust yourself into the spotlight here, and you are a college student, you should have plenty of time between the beer and babes, and maybe the books.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 06:26 PM   #68
Peregrine
Pro Starter

So it is decided, Qwikshot must die. You grab him and pull him outside the snow and put him out of his misery. But you're pretty miserable too, it's cold and you're alone. Since the game isn't over, there's still a werewolf among you as well.

Seer/Sorceror/Wolf please submit your night actions.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 06:53 PM   #69
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

The game takes on quite a different feel without the roles being unveiled.

Tomorrow shall be a tougher day I'd imagine.

Last edited by jeff061 : 06-29-2005 at 06:53 PM.
Old 06-29-2005, 07:26 PM   #70
korme
Go Reds

Four left. It's getting pretty crazy, this small little game. I still feel like I have a bunch of questions as to who is who.
Old 06-29-2005, 07:44 PM   #71
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine
So it is decided, Qwikshot must die. You grab him and pull him outside the snow and put him out of his misery. But you're pretty miserable too, it's cold and you're alone. Since the game isn't over, there's still a werewolf among you as well.

Seer/Sorceror/Wolf please submit your night actions.

Oh dear.

Given that we got a human it is likely that we lynched the wrong person. But at least there's a 1 in 4 chance we got the sorceror. That's something (hopefully!).

And if we didn't get the sorceror - sorry Qwikshot!
Old 06-29-2005, 07:49 PM   #72
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Open mouth, voted for death
Make Suggestion, voted for death
Try to show small efforts of proof, voted for death
May sly innuendo, voted for death

Hung by jury of peers, priceless

Mastercard, for everything else

Of course, you /will/ miss me.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 07:55 PM   #73
Tigercat
College Starter

d'oh I had forgotten that stipulation of no-seeing. I hope we didn't lynch the hunter, if so we are wolf-feed. Although I have a strange feeling I might be a chew toy tonight anyway, we shall see.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:02 PM   #74
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I'm out for the night guys, back in it tomorrow.

Old 06-29-2005, 11:34 PM   #75
Peregrine
Pro Starter

You pass a troubled night, sleeping in various corners of the ruined cellar, gnawing on some hard cheese and bread for dinner. In the morning though, it's obvious someone else has become dinner: Fonzie. His shredded remains are outside the hut a little at least so you won't have to look at him all day. The three of you look at each other warily and keep your hands on your weapons.
Old 06-30-2005, 03:01 AM   #76
korme
Go Reds

So it's down to myself, jeff and Tigercat. So really, it's now a 50/50 call for me on who the wolf is. I will take a deeper look tomorrow afternoon when I am available.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:51 AM   #77
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Things are getting pretty tight.

Old 06-30-2005, 09:08 AM   #78
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Old 06-30-2005, 09:30 AM   #79
KevinNU7
College Starter

The final three if very fun. I would be pushing out roles right now if I were some of you.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:32 AM   #80
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Yeah you guys need to get going. Don't make me smack a meteorite down on your hut!
Old 06-30-2005, 09:50 AM   #81
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

hehe, I just didn't want to get started before Shorty was around(this afternoon?), only have three people, don't want to go to far without everyone's input.

Old 06-30-2005, 09:52 AM   #82
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Makes sense, there's not really any rush anyway since there's no time limit. I just look forward to seeing how this will play out.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:56 AM   #83
KevinNU7
College Starter

I have a pretty good stradegy for this situation that I will post once everything plays out.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:01 AM   #84
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I have a pretty good stradegy for this situation that I will post once everything plays out.

Me too - or at least I had a good strategy for this situation before I became a stupid werewolf snack.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:02 AM   #85
Tigercat
College Starter

Well I am pretty sure which one of you is the werewolf, I just hope I'm right and the other isn't the sorceror. I am one of the good villagers. T'is why I changed my mind on qwick at the last moment, because I thought he had seen me as a villager and its why he posted my name first and said I was a villager.(Thought he was throwing me a clue that "Hey I'm the seer" and since I wanted to delay as the good team anyway...) Didn't want to kill a possible seer afterall. I am heavily leaning to Jeff being the werewolf based on how hes talked and voted in this game, I've been leaning that way since yesturday. I never seriously would have voted Shorty, I was more hoping to give Qwick some days of reprieve in case he was the seer. So in the hopes that my reasoning on Jeff is correct and my thinking that that the sorceror is dead, I vote Jeff.

I think Fonzie was probably sorcerer
I think qwik was on the good team regardless
I think shorty is on the good team regardless

Anyway why I think Jeff is a wolf. Again I never really suspected Shorty because being quiet isn't necessarily that big of a deal. Now playing quietly, that is more telling. Jeff has played very very quietly, going along with the mass votes, ready to see lynchings without being overeager. I think Jeff ate Fonzie because he thought I would go after Shorty and Shorty after me, and therefore he could vote against whichever one and hope the remaining isn't the hunter.

Anyway, I just hope you are on my side Shorty, and that I am right on all this, if so I emplore you that we get this show on the road, and lynch and roast us some werewolf!
Old 06-30-2005, 11:46 AM   #86
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Lets keep in mind, during this early and aggressive vote(ironically given the argument against me), that nothing is as it seems and nothing should be taken at face value.

I voted three times. Two of which I had agreed with someone else on. One of which I made on my own. Reverse one of those and I am probably being suspected for trying to shift the focus on others. I explained my reasoning behind all three and certainly was not in a hurry, even explaining that.

I cast my suspicions on Shorty. He did not take you out Tiger because it was his belief that you were the Seer(once you started accusing him) and he decided that a Seer in the next stage of the game would be worthless. So he decided to take a shot at the hunter. I personally do not think you are a Seer, I have my thoughts but I'm not sure how relevant they are...

I would suggest, Tiger, you re-evaluate our situation and ask what you are trying to achieve. Do a bumrush vote against a possible innocent villager? Or win the game.

I vote Shorty

Last edited by jeff061 : 06-30-2005 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Tiger Lion, whats the difference ;)
Old 06-30-2005, 11:49 AM   #87
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I'm heading out for lunch. Don't lynch me without me .

Old 06-30-2005, 01:03 PM   #88
KevinNU7
College Starter

So jeff walks in with the chips on the table and goes to lunch. Interesting...
Old 06-30-2005, 01:05 PM   #89
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Well I am at work and I was hungry.

Old 06-30-2005, 01:59 PM   #90
korme
Go Reds

Hmm, well since Tigercat voted for jeff and jeff voted for me, I obviously think Tiger has a better strategy .

I'm trying to figure out why Fonz got lynched and not one of us 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzie
Allow me to be the first to say "I'm not a werewolf!"

One of the first posts of the game..

Quote:
That's a self-indictment if ever I've heard one.

Gentlemen, I think this is an open-and-shut case. Jeff061 is a werewolf!

Jokingly accuses jeff.

Quote:
Only a werewolf would be so cowardly. Get him!

Jokingly accuses me.

Quote:
Which is exactly the kind of paranoia one would expect from a werewolf.

Get him!

Jokingly accuses Tigercat. Wow, this examination is not helping at all. :P

Quote:
Okay.

You described me as being eager when I was clearly just posting a bunch of nonsense for the sake of getting discussion started. Yet it was you who cast the very first lynching vote (for me, of course), which suggests to me that it is in fact you who are eager to get on with the lynchings. And listen closely my friends: as Peregrine's original post suggests, an accelerated, careless lynching is the precise strategy that the wolf/sorceror team wants. Doing so increases the chances of lynching an innocent human, which plays right into their hands.

I'm not ready to cast my vote yet, but Qwikshot's credibility has taken a nose-dive with me.

Defends himself after 2 people vote for him. Odd that with him against Qwik, who ends up being lynched, he dies next.

Ok, my evidence is... inconclusive. That didn't really help me at all.

Now earlier I did notice Tigercat was trying to get everyone to vote for me, defending Qwik. Qwik ended up being an innocent but I'm not sure if that makes you a good villager or a werewolf who was trying to stir the pot by adding more suspects.
Old 06-30-2005, 07:19 PM   #91
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281
Hmm, well since Tigercat voted for jeff and jeff voted for me, I obviously think Tiger has a better strategy .

I'm trying to figure out why Fonz got lynched and not one of us 3.

One of the first posts of the game..

Jokingly accuses jeff.

Jokingly accuses me.

Jokingly accuses Tigercat. Wow, this examination is not helping at all. :P

Defends himself after 2 people vote for him. Odd that with him against Qwik, who ends up being lynched, he dies next.

Ok, my evidence is... inconclusive. That didn't really help me at all.

Now earlier I did notice Tigercat was trying to get everyone to vote for me, defending Qwik. Qwik ended up being an innocent but I'm not sure if that makes you a good villager or a werewolf who was trying to stir the pot by adding more suspects.

Like I said, it is my belief that Jeff ate Fonzie because he was sure I would vote for you and not him. And if I was a werewolf the quick kill is the only thing that would have really been beneficial. I didn't vote with the first group to delay, and I tried to delay by stalling the second vote. Also, as I said earlier, Qwik either was guessing correctly and just happened to put my name first on his guess list, or he viewed me as the seer and knew I was a villager. I thought it might be best to try and give him more time alive in case I was right about his role at that point. Since he called you out you were the only alternative that I could say to really stir the pot I brought you up. Jeffs posts later that night, however, combined with the way he had been playing the game are what began to have me suspect him as the werewolf.
Old 06-30-2005, 07:32 PM   #92
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I find it rather odd, that in a time of the game where we have more information than any other time you are rushing to lynch based on flimsy and circumstantial evidence. Not reading anything and only furthering your own agenda, the outcome of which is in question.

I know who you are Tiger and I know your strategy.

I'm having trouble with Shorty. He is playing things very closely. I will say I was suprised by the victim, not who I was expecting.

For now I am Unvoting Shorty

Last edited by jeff061 : 06-30-2005 at 07:35 PM.
Old 06-30-2005, 07:35 PM   #93
Tigercat
College Starter

Knowing the possible roles you could be playing Shorty, your delay or possibility at voting for me is confusing. I won't reveal more in case I was wrong about you, but I will have no choice but to vote for you if you vote for me. Not out of vengence at all, but because it means that you are playing hellspawn; its the only thing that would make sense if you votted for me, given the possible roles I know you could be playing.
Old 06-30-2005, 07:44 PM   #94
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:
I find it rather odd, that in a time of the game where we have more information than any other time you are rushing to lynch based on flimsy and circumstantial evidence. Not reading anything and only furthering your own agenda, the outcome of which is in question.

I know who you are Tiger and I know your strategy.

I'm having trouble with Shorty. He is playing things very closely. I will say I was suprised by the victim, not who I was expecting.

For now I am Unvoting Shorty

Lets see, I KNOW I am not any hellspawn. I acted clearly not like one of the bad guys for two days. So that leaves me with two candidates for a wolf, you and shorty. Which would have benefited more by me being alive instead of Fonzie based on how I acted before today? YOU not Shorty. How do my actions of voting for you not make perfect sense as a good villager? You goin back on your vote when your pleas couldn't satisfy me have shown you even more to be hellspawn.
Old 06-30-2005, 07:58 PM   #95
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I have plenty of answers and obsverations, much more so than you. I'm trying to decide how to share them, but questions I have about Shorty prevent this at the moment.

Old 06-30-2005, 08:06 PM   #96
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:
I have plenty of answers and obsverations, much more so than you.

I see, I bow to your supperior observation skills Wolfie, you clearly must be reading my mind to know ALL my answers and ALL my observations.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:08 PM   #97
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

There's two sets, I know of both, but I was commenting on what you were choosing to reveal.

Old 06-30-2005, 08:16 PM   #98
Tigercat
College Starter

Well you could very simply reply to my fairly logical post above on why my behaviors only make sense as a villager and why it makes sense that you would be the wolf, and offer explanations based on what I speak of. Its not a complex series of observations because it doesn't have to be.(Occam's razor) But you being the Wolf is simply the most reasonable conclusion, so you cannot offer proper counters to it.

Last edited by Tigercat : 06-30-2005 at 08:17 PM.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:27 PM   #99
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Or maybe I am the Hunter, the Sorcerer, the Seer, the Villager or even the Werewolf. Same with Shorty.

No matter who you are or who I am I'd think you would take into account that Shorty could be playing either side.

Old 06-30-2005, 09:05 PM   #100
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
I have plenty of answers and obsverations, much more so than you. I'm trying to decide how to share them, but questions I have about Shorty prevent this at the moment.

Elaborate..?