Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-06-2005, 01:23 PM   #51
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos
Well, someone has to start pointing fingers. I guess I'll start. I'm just a lowly villager, and I don't appreciate some other villager point a finger at me.

VOTE JeeberD

Alright guys, time to watch which ones bandwagon on this vote... or bandwagon on the eventual vote on me.

Hmmm, knowingly wanting to lynch a villager is quite suspicious.

Although, I agree about the bandwagon jumpers.

Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 01:28 PM   #52
Fouts
College Starter

I see no logical reason to vote for Blackadar, but Raiders Army and kingfc22 voted for him quickly after mrsimperless put his name out there.

Something to ponder.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:43 PM   #53
Raven
College Prospect

I think most of us were really looking forward to playing the game. Being lynched on day 1 would really suck.

Since we have nothing to go on, and day 1 voting is purely random, my vote is going to go to someone who hasn't posted yet. Mainly because I know I'd be pissed if I waited a week to play, only to get sent home before I got a chance to actually play.

That leaves Buzzbee, Schmidty, and Suicane as options for me. I'll give each of them a little more time to drop in before I vote.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 02:11 PM   #54
mrsimperless
College Prospect

I wouldn't worry about hurting someone's feelings. It's just a game and I'm sure there will be opportunities to play again.

I am however concerned about finding a wolf to lynch and not lynching my fellow townspeople.

I'm not sure what to think about the people who haven't checked in yet. I really only see a few possible options for them.

1) They are a wolf and laying low is part of their strategery.
2) They will not be checking in at all and will be replaced by alternates. They could easily be either wolf or townsperson in this scenario.
3) They are dealing with RL right now and will be checking in before vote time. They could easily be either wolf or townsperson in this scenario.

I actually don't see option #1 as being very likely at this point. We have all expressed our distrust for the "quiet ones". Any smart wolfie would have checked in by now if he was online today. Therefore I'm concluding that it's actually MORE likely that these three aren't wolves at this point, albeit by a slight margin. (Option #3 makes the most sense I believe) I think that it's definitely still a crapshoot at this point. I voted for Blackie because he's a butt sniffer. It was more for shits and giggles than anything else. My vote is definitely still up for grabs.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:23 PM   #55
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
I see no logical reason to vote for Blackadar, but Raiders Army and kingfc22 voted for him quickly after mrsimperless put his name out there.

Something to ponder.
Obviously you missed the butt-sniffing and whatnot...and my post saying better him than me. I have no idea who is a wolf. I know I'm not one, but that doesn't help. In lieu of any better ideas, I jumped on the bandwagon.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 02:32 PM   #56
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Well, someone has to start pointing fingers. I guess I'll start. I'm just a lowly villager, and I don't appreciate some other villager point a finger at me.

VOTE JeeberD

Alright guys, time to watch which ones bandwagon on this vote... or bandwagon on the eventual vote on me.

Aww, come on. You know I wasn't really pointing a finger at you. If I had, there would have been a vote involved.

I'm gonna withhold my vote for now and hope that someone slips up and admits something...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 02:35 PM   #57
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Quote:
I'm just a lowly villager, and I don't appreciate some other villager point a finger at me.
Hmmm, knowingly wanting to lynch a villager is quite suspicious.

Interesting point, Fouts...

Old 07-06-2005, 03:41 PM   #58
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296
I'm not worried about Buzbee. He hasn't been around the moutain since Friday. However, I saw Schmidty yesterday yet he hasn't spoken up today. That is suspicious.

Since I won't be back from class until after the deadline, I have to go with what is out there. This is the best source of information so far. I'm going with what henry has witnessed.

I vote for Schmidty
Old 07-06-2005, 03:51 PM   #59
KWhit
Coordinator

Current vote tally:

Blackadar: 3 (mrsimperless, Raiders Army, Kingfc22)
Buzzbee: 2 (Thomkal, Token Asian Guy)
Schmidty: 2 (heybrad, Fouts)
JeeberD: 1 (Neon_Chaos)
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 04:01 PM   #60
Blackadar
Retired

Last edited by Blackadar : 07-07-2005 at 08:57 AM.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 04:27 PM   #61
kingfc22
Head Coach

home for lunch and I see that some still have not reached the mountain...

UNVOTE BLACKADAR

VOTE SCHMIDTY

Last edited by kingfc22 : 07-06-2005 at 04:28 PM.
kingfc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 04:28 PM   #62
henry296
College Starter

VOTE Raiders Army

I like Mrsimperless' analysis. Plus the better him than me, sounds wolf-like.
Old 07-06-2005, 04:29 PM   #63
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Well, my original plan was to change my vote if everyone piled on top of Blackadar and vote for one of the bandwagoneers, assuming that the wolves were hiding in there somewhere. But now I'm less decided on the issue. First of all, there hasn't been a pile-on. The voting is pretty close at this point. Secondly, Fouts has made me suspect that I may have gotten extremely lucky and tagged a wolf right off the bat.

We all know that today is pretty much a random vote. These initial "speculations" are nothing more than shots in the dark for the most part. There is very little reason to actually accuse anyone of any werewolfery at this point in the game.

However, it seems there is even LESS of a reason to actually DEFEND someone else on day 1. Unless of course you are a werewolf trying to help a brutha' out...

Quote:

Something to ponder.

While it could be argued that he isn't actually defending Blackadar here, it definitely looks like he is at least trying to shift the focus away. That coupled with the fact that there hasn't really been a "pile-on" for Blackie makes me think we may have hit the jackpot on day one...

For those of you that are still considering the no-shows, I agree with the fundamental logic behind this. Werewolves will probably want to be as inconspicuous as they can so as not to attract attention and possible votes their way. However, I don't think the three absentees are very inconspicuous at all right now. If I were using this line of reasoning to vote today I think I would look for those that no one is noticing. Take George Bush for example. He posted very early this morning (2:54 AM), didn't have much to say ("mountains=fun") and nobody has mentioned his name since. If he's trying not to be noticed he is doing a great job right now. And the late night activity always sends off alarm bells for me. Werewolves post on message boards at 2:54 in the morning while townspeople are sleeping.

My vote stays at Blackadar right now. If I were to change it at this point it would be for someone like George rather than our three unfamiliar friends.
Old 07-06-2005, 04:30 PM   #64
JeeberD
General Manager

I kinda suprised about George W's silence so far. He's a veteran of these things, he should know that staying quiet early would shed a bad light on him.

Of course, the same thing can be said for Schmidty and he hasn't posted AT ALL. So for now, at least...

Vote Schmidty

Old 07-06-2005, 04:34 PM   #65
henry296
College Starter

I'm not suspicious yet of Schmidty of GWB since they haven't posted in other threads today.
Old 07-06-2005, 04:55 PM   #66
Raven
College Prospect

If my current count is correct, this is where we stand

Blackadar 2 (MrSimplerless, RaidersArmy)
Buzzbee 2(Thomkal, Token Asian Guy)
Schmidty 4(heybrad, Fouts, Kingfc, JeeberD)
JeeberD 1(Neon_chaos)
RaidersArmy 1 (henry)
Old 07-06-2005, 05:08 PM   #67
Raven
College Prospect

I said i'd vote for one of the no-shows, so I'll stick to that for now.

Vote Buzzbee
Old 07-06-2005, 05:21 PM   #68
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Wow, I thought the Blackader bandwagon was getting going. If I was in this game I would vote for Jeebs, his post count is high enough without getting him involved in this monster.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 05:24 PM   #69
JeeberD
General Manager

Geez, thanks Lathum...

Old 07-06-2005, 05:29 PM   #70
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
VOTE Raiders Army

I like Mrsimperless' analysis. Plus the better him than me, sounds wolf-like.
What the hell does that have to do with me? Just be glad I can't lynch you alone...I'll remember this tomorrow!
Old 07-06-2005, 05:31 PM   #71
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
Geez, thanks Lathum...
No problem
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 05:35 PM   #72
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Well, I'm off to play some poker and won't be able to post any more tonight. Apparently my analysis wasn't received too well as Blackadar is behind in the vote count right now.

But remember this - if I'm killed tonight it just might be that I was getting too close to the truth. If that happens I hope everyone knows what to do next.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:36 PM   #73
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
I kinda suprised about George W's silence so far. He's a veteran of these things, he should know that staying quiet early would shed a bad light on him.

Of course, the same thing can be said for Schmidty and he hasn't posted AT ALL. So for now, at least...

Vote Schmidty

Sorry y'all, been in training all day at the new job. But we all know that werewolves are too busy eating people to hold down jobs.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 05:38 PM   #74
digamma
Torchbearer

Put me in, coach.
I'm ready to play.
Look at me.
I can be............
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 05:43 PM   #75
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsimperless

Take George Bush for example. He posted very early this morning (2:54 AM) And the late night activity always sends off alarm bells for me. Werewolves post on message boards at 2:54 in the morning while townspeople are sleeping.

What time zone are you in? That was at 9:54 last night (central).
Old 07-06-2005, 05:57 PM   #76
Joe
Pro Starter

A few things. I'm not so sure we can point the fingers at the quiet ones and automatically assume they're the werewolves. They probably know people think this way and would make an effort to be some of the more outspoken ones (actually that was my strategy in the first game), so you never know.

At this stage in the game, we have nothing to go on, just by what people say. Since we don't positively know or have clues about the roles of anyone, it strikes me as suspicious why Fouts would try to shift attention away from Blackadar. The only way he would know what Blackadar really is, would be if they were wolves or one was the cultist. He could be the seer i guess, but the odds are unlikely that his view would be the same 1/15 or however many people as is getting the heat. The first vote is always a stab in the dark, so why would he do this? I would vote for Fouts, but since it appears they are in it together and Blackadar has more votes:

I Vote Blackadar
Old 07-06-2005, 06:38 PM   #77
JeeberD
General Manager

Georgie (and mrsimperless before him) makes some good points.

Unvote Schmidty

Vote Blacky

Old 07-06-2005, 06:40 PM   #78
Blackadar
Retired

Old 07-06-2005, 06:45 PM   #79
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
What the hell does that have to do with me? Just be glad I can't lynch you alone...I'll remember this tomorrow!

The fact that you were very quick to jump on the bandwagon made me suspicious.
Old 07-06-2005, 06:49 PM   #80
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
The fact that you were very quick to jump on the bandwagon made me suspicious.
Jeez, now I think about it, I think that you're like me. Your reasoning is sound, and somebody who might think I'm a werewolf might actually be one of my allies. Then again, that old enemy of my enemy is my friend thing...
Old 07-06-2005, 07:00 PM   #81
Blackadar
Retired

Old 07-06-2005, 07:06 PM   #82
JeeberD
General Manager

You know I didn't for you based on personal issues, Blacky. I have no problems with you...

The reason I voted for you is what George W and simperles brought up...Fouts was awfully quick to defend you, unusually so. It has just raised some questions in my mind about who you are...

Old 07-06-2005, 07:08 PM   #83
kingfc22
Head Coach

Nah, Blacky is good. I say vote Schimidty.
Old 07-06-2005, 07:29 PM   #84
kingfc22
Head Coach

it's lyncihn' time!!
Old 07-06-2005, 07:43 PM   #85
Buzzbee
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsimperless
I'm not sure what to think about the people who haven't checked in yet. I really only see a few possible options for them.

1) They are a wolf and laying low is part of their strategery.
2) They will not be checking in at all and will be replaced by alternates. They could easily be either wolf or townsperson in this scenario.
3) They are dealing with RL right now and will be checking in before vote time. They could easily be either wolf or townsperson in this scenario.

#1 - Nope. Sorry.
#2 - Ding! Ding! Ding!
#3 - Nope.

I didn't respond because I never signed up to play. I simply don't have the time or desire. Also, I haven't been around as much the past few days so I didn't know I had been assigned a role. I did follow along at the end of Werewolf II, and did make suggestions regarding the roles, but I don't have much interest in getting involved at this time. Perhaps later. I'm sure Kwhit will assign an alternate in my place. Good luck to all the players and I hope this turns out to be as entertaining as the last.

Buzzbee
Old 07-06-2005, 07:51 PM   #86
Raiders Army
Coordinator

So then Buzzbee violates the rules and comes out and says he isn't a wolf? Or is this a ploy...

I'm going to bed. See you guys in the morning!
Old 07-06-2005, 08:04 PM   #87
Thomkal
Head Coach

Well that was a wasted vote then.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 08:18 PM   #88
Schmidty
Coordinator

Hi everyone. I am a simple goat-herder and was too afraid to speak out in front of such magnificent people as yourselves. I can't even grow a beard.

Last edited by Schmidty : 07-06-2005 at 08:19 PM.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 08:22 PM   #89
Schmidty
Coordinator

I vote Blackadar, as he is extremely sensssssitive.
Old 07-06-2005, 08:34 PM   #90
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar
I'll vote Schmidty, because he hasn't even shown up yet.

And on a personal note, I think I'll stay out of these in the future. I'm incredulous that some people seem to have some (interpersonal) issues and would rather kick me out over someone who isn't even playing the game. So I suppose this is my first and last time...

What part of "a game of accusation, deduction, lying, reverse psychology, bandwagoning, and trying not to get lynched" did you not understand?

Unless...
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 08:35 PM   #91
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer
What part of "a game of accusation, deduction, lying, reverse psychology, bandwagoning, and trying not to get lynched" did you not understand?

Unless...

Exactly. Hence, my vote.
Old 07-06-2005, 08:36 PM   #92
Airhog
Captain Obvious

ghostly voice
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Oh sorry, wrong thread

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 08:39 PM   #93
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Isn't it time for the rope to have come out? The first day is always the saddest, I think.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 09:08 PM   #94
Token Asian Guy
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzbee
I didn't respond because I never signed up to play. I simply don't have the time or desire. Also, I haven't been around as much the past few days so I didn't know I had been assigned a role. I did follow along at the end of Werewolf II, and did make suggestions regarding the roles, but I don't have much interest in getting involved at this time. Perhaps later. I'm sure Kwhit will assign an alternate in my place. Good luck to all the players and I hope this turns out to be as entertaining as the last.
Buzzbee

Well geez, I guess my perception skills need a little honing, the guy who I voted for isn't even playing! Now I am faced with a predicament in terms of voting though, because some good points have been made in favor of lynching Blackadar, but I have the sneaking suspicion that Blackadar is not a wolf. Here is the updated vote for me. (if it's not too late)

UNVOTE BUZZBEE
VOTE BLACKADAR
Old 07-06-2005, 09:16 PM   #95
Blackadar
Retired

Last edited by Blackadar : 07-07-2005 at 08:58 AM.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:17 PM   #96
JeeberD
General Manager

I think that votes can be submitted up until the lynching is done, but I'm not certain...

Edit: At least that's how Peregrine did it in his games, I'm not sure how KWhit is gonna handle it...

Last edited by JeeberD : 07-06-2005 at 09:18 PM.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:18 PM   #97
Token Asian Guy
n00b

Oh crap, I was hoping I would sneak that one by. Good catch Blackadar, you might have saved yourself by seeing that.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:19 PM   #98
Token Asian Guy
n00b

dola

where is KWhit, I thought he said 8:00 pm was the deadline? what time zone is he working with?
Old 07-06-2005, 09:21 PM   #99
Buzzbee
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Token Asian Guy
dola

where is KWhit, I thought he said 8:00 pm was the deadline? what time zone is he working with?

Tornado warning for Conyers. My guess is that he will be unavailable for a while. He might have even lost power. Bad storms passing through parts of the A-T-L.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:42 PM   #100
Schmidty
Coordinator

I thought it was 8 p.m. PST. My bad. I forgot that the east coast rules our universe.