Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-20-2006, 09:51 AM   #2451
st.cronin
General Manager

I think dubb should change his handle to Frank Reich.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 10:04 AM   #2452
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
So you would have had Superman and Jeeber nailed down too? I agree that we should have had a vote on Dubb, despite his vote for SnDvls, that was a serious error on our part. The main problem is that no one stepped forward from the wizards side and really drove decisions. I've always been a consensus builder, not an all or nothing type, but I think in this game we needed someone on the wizards side to step up and take a risk. That didn't happen, so we lost.

Anyway, it's obvious that the wizards screwed the pooch, but despite the fact that we got two DEs early we also lost all of our good roles early, except Lathum who only factored late, and briefly. Another non-favorable factor, imo, was the disapearance of Pass, WVU, Jeeber and Superman for several votes. I believe that it should be miss two votes and you are gone, as I've seen implemented in other games. It's really not fair to the people who are active.

I voted for Jeeber I think three times! If you looked at my posts (particularly the vote posts) ardent and Jeeber were clearly rotten.

What a train wreck, but kind of fun to watch.

Probably my last werewolf game for a while, as I'm a bit overwhelmed by school at the minute.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 10:18 AM   #2453
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
just a lot of things i saw that could have been taken advantage of, but i guess every game is a learning situation
Maybe you should have done a better job of keeping yourself alive, then...

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 10:23 AM   #2454
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
I knew i was going down regardless from night actions even if i said nothing, so i shared what info i had.
I'm not sure what gave you that idea -- I don't think you were standing out until you started into spouting off with hints about your secret role, and it turned into a self-fulfilling prophecy. (Maybe I'm not remembering things right, though...)

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 11:33 AM   #2455
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana

This was part of barkeep's role - Auror Power – if you choose to protect yourself, you gain the benefit of your dark detectors. Should the Death Eaters target you on a night you are protecting yourself and only one Death Eater attacks you, you will duel with the Death Eater and have a 50/50 chance of killing him instead of dying yourself. (so actually the auror was part blessed, part assassin, and part bodyguard, just not all at once. the death eaters didnt know about this at all, and actually sent out at least 2 killers every night, even though they didnt have to at all after night one was over)

I was concerned at some point that just one DE would not be enough, so we decided to always send two.

As far as Gramm was concerned, there were numerous conversations between dubb and I about who he was duking and how we'd react to it.

By the way, everyone, I'm feeling much better. I'd say about 80% today.
Old 01-20-2006, 11:37 AM   #2456
path12
Coordinator

One question I forgot to ask Saldana -- with my dark detectors, if I would have been attacked at night, would I have had any chance to see who was coming for me?

Pissed myself off this game -- with the dark detectors I was determined to kind of fly low and hope to be attacked at night, but then had that stupid f'n late vote for WVU and got myself on the suspect list -- at that point I knew I was gonna be pretty useless. I had thought it would have been more suspicious to not vote at all, in hindsight that's what I should have done. Oh well, live and learn.
Old 01-20-2006, 11:39 AM   #2457
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
I was concerned at some point that just one DE would not be enough, so we decided to always send two.

As far as Gramm was concerned, there were numerous conversations between dubb and I about who he was duking and how we'd react to it.

By the way, everyone, I'm feeling much better. I'd say about 80% today.

One thing I wonder about this sending two thing is, where's the risk for the DEs? I see the advantage, but I don't see the potential penalty.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 11:40 AM   #2458
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
So Ardent and dubb were pulling the strings!
Pretty much.

I had a "threat level" list, where I had players listed in order of how well they played, experience, and my perceived view of how they were doing.

I had a "countdown to victory" chart as well. On this day, we'll take so and so, and at night we'll take so and so. Next day will be so and so, next night so and so.

It worked well. We made a few changes. I was sick the past few days, so I wasn't reading much of late, but dubb was confident Lathum was the seer. He became our night action instead of RPI. Lathum was scheduled for the next day, by the way.

Kwhit and coder also swapped spots. That worked out well for us, too. I told dubb I was concerned about how we could vote out another villager after coder. He threw kwhit's name out there and the villagers ran with it. Beautiful.
Old 01-20-2006, 11:41 AM   #2459
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday
I'm not sure what gave you that idea -- I don't think you were standing out until you started into spouting off with hints about your secret role, and it turned into a self-fulfilling prophecy. (Maybe I'm not remembering things right, though...)
The past vew games i had played well and people were starting to hold it against me. I was at the point where i was either scanned or killed pretty quickly in any game where the wolves were vets...after two games with fairly new wolves, i figured the odds were heavily stacked against me and i was correct...its a game of odds, and im betting reveal or not i was going down pretty early(especially since i never trust ardent and he knows that)
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 11:43 AM   #2460
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
One thing I wonder about this sending two thing is, where's the risk for the DEs? I see the advantage, but I don't see the potential penalty.
With ardents role of being unable to be night viewed, it would have been unfair as ardent would have made the kill every time...i believe this was set up to prevent that
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 01-20-2006, 11:44 AM   #2461
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal
Coder,

I tried after you died-I voted for Ardent right away. I guess I should have posted some long detailed vote analysis like he did.

That was the kicker. I knew this past weekend in order to take some heat off of me I had to play "Ardent the Villager". As a villager, I ransack posts looking for clues, and I really wasn't doing that here. I knew that. Since I had 24 hours at the barracks last weekend, I decided I'd at least try.

It was slow going, but Coder made it worthwhile. The Sndvls is legit was nice, but the clincher for me was when he mixed up his own time...the before and after part essentially made a lot of villagers at the time believe I was on their side.
Old 01-20-2006, 11:47 AM   #2462
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
I assumed it was the potential of getting caught. I didn't know about the barkeep added stuff but I figured something along those lines, but the invisible cloak could catch anyone but me. I saw that as risk.
Old 01-20-2006, 11:48 AM   #2463
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
(especially since i never trust ardent and he knows that)
Believe it or not, I called for the barkeep kill. Dubb called for yours.
Old 01-20-2006, 11:52 AM   #2464
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
One question I forgot to ask Saldana -- with my dark detectors, if I would have been attacked at night, would I have had any chance to see who was coming for me?

Pissed myself off this game -- with the dark detectors I was determined to kind of fly low and hope to be attacked at night, but then had that stupid f'n late vote for WVU and got myself on the suspect list -- at that point I knew I was gonna be pretty useless. I had thought it would have been more suspicious to not vote at all, in hindsight that's what I should have done. Oh well, live and learn.
you would not have seen who attacked you, you just would not have been killed, and the dark detectors would have been destroyed.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 11:53 AM   #2465
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
Believe it or not, I called for the barkeep kill. Dubb called for yours.
I know, dubb and i discussed that at length the same night you guys killed me...
Demotivation
Old 01-20-2006, 12:00 PM   #2466
Poli
FOFC Survivor

As dubb mentioned, we were pretty much resigned to losing after losing both qwik and sndvls. I even said, "The Colts couldn't go 16-0, I doubt we can." I didn't think we could run the table and not lose another DE.

Wednesday and path's late voting heroics definitely helped. We were also super concerned about superman...especially with that early post of his about daring us to attack.

Hello! We're not attacking you now! We didn't know the poison was coming up again, but when we had that opportunity to poison him, we took it. Otherwise, we'd have never touched superman, and we'd likely still be playing today.
Old 01-20-2006, 12:02 PM   #2467
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
With ardents role of being unable to be night viewed, it would have been unfair as ardent would have made the kill every time...i believe this was set up to prevent that

blade is partially correct. the other aspect was the secret auror power that barkeep had, where if a single death eater attacked him on a night he protected himself, he would have killed the death eater instead of dying himself. ironically, on night 1 when he died, he almost changed his night action to protect himself, and i had written a separate story to cover his being killed at home by 2 death eaters or his having killed one.
Old 01-20-2006, 12:40 PM   #2468
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
If I were pulling the strings and a wolf and you were a villager, you would be dead a long time ago my friend. Like others, I consider you very dangerous. Remember you know how I think and I know how you think since we were wolves together (can't remember what game it was exactly).
And I could say the same thing about you.

I knew you were lying!
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 12:54 PM   #2469
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

#1 - I had to come out and nail Qwik when I had the goods on him on day 1, because I was probably going to die on Night 1 or 2 (since I ran several WW games already and had a basic read on several guys)

#2 - The reason I wanted dubb checked is because he is probably the best WW player in the game. I mentioned this fact numerous times, and it should have been obvious that the mere fact that he was still alive by Day 4, it should have been clear that he was most likely a DE.

#3 - I know my DE list before I died was completely off. But my trusted list was SOLID (as I said, an alliance of good wizards... too bad you guys didn't pick up on it.) It was funny how people in my most-probably a DE list got picked off one by one. It would have probably been obvious that when Path and Dub were not wolves, most of my suspects would have been probably off too.

#4 - dubb still kicks ass everytime I see him play the game... BUT... MVP probably goes to AE... who had everyone completely guessing.
Old 01-20-2006, 02:37 PM   #2470
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

What is the Flat Earth Society?
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 02:53 PM   #2471
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus
What is the Flat Earth Society?

A bunch of idiots that still believe the earth is flat.

hxxp://www.alaska.net/~clund/e_djublonskopf/Flatearthsociety.htm

That isn't the offical site, but it appears the offical site "Fell off the edge of the earth." Those aren't my words, that what it said when I tried to go to it.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 02:57 PM   #2472
saldana
Pro Starter

not meaning this as any type of insult to anyone, but did anyone else watching keep having flashbacks to the season of Survivor where stephanie's tribe didnt win a single challenge?
Old 01-20-2006, 02:59 PM   #2473
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
not meaning this as any type of insult to anyone, but did anyone else watching keep having flashbacks to the season of Survivor where stephanie's tribe didnt win a single challenge?

ROFL
Old 01-20-2006, 03:44 PM   #2474
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
A bunch of idiots that still believe the earth is flat.

hxxp://www.alaska.net/~clund/e_djublonskopf/Flatearthsociety.htm

That isn't the offical site, but it appears the offical site "Fell off the edge of the earth." Those aren't my words, that what it said when I tried to go to it.
That's funny, I've heard of people who still believe that. I thought maybe there was some type of werewolf spoof on that.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 06:11 PM   #2475
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

So what was supposed to upset the villagers and what was supposed to upset the DE's? Am I missing something?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 07:59 PM   #2476
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
So what was supposed to upset the villagers and what was supposed to upset the DE's? Am I missing something?
The non-dukes were supposed to piss off the villagers...not sure on wolves(earlier in the game it was superman, the turncoat, killing sun)...interesting that both pass and super, bad villagers, didnt compete
Demotivation
Old 01-20-2006, 08:02 PM   #2477
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Eh??
Old 01-20-2006, 09:27 PM   #2478
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
was this a question for me?