Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-10-2006, 05:41 PM   #251
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
I would have liked to have seen Tanglewood attract some votes. Mr. W attracted four votes for being bolded and not visiting the site for a few hours. Tanglewood did the obligatory "I'm here" and not much else. But I don't think that a throwaway vote on Tanglewood is forcing the "others" to play their hand today.
Let me correct you. Mr. Wednesday hadn't visited the site in about 24 hours and was bolded and he received votes. I also think that Tanglewood is a prime suspect as well as the ones who bandwagoned Wednesday.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 05:41 PM   #252
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
So if one is a wolf, I have a 1 in 4 chance of being right. While all the rest of the "random" votes have a 1/21 chance of being right. I'll take those odds. Also, this game is based on the show and I just don't think that the numbers would NOT play some type of role in this game.
If one is a wolf, you have a 1/4 chance of being right, vs. a 3/17 (hypothetical) chance of being right elsewhere, I agree.

But that's predicated on one of the four being a wolf. Suppose none of the four is a wolf -- now you have a 0/4 chance of being right. I've already posited that it's entirely possible that none is a wolf, even if all four have some significance.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 05:42 PM   #253
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
and kings arrives just as mr. w leaves...should be interesting with mr. w now unable to defend himself really
Actually, I've been in thread for about 5 minutes or so.

Looks like another WW game with a 1st day lynch of a villager/survivor thanks to Blade.

Maybe he's still mad that I blinded him last game.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:43 PM   #254
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
So if one is a wolf, I have a 1 in 4 chance of being right. While all the rest of the "random" votes have a 1/21 chance of being right. I'll take those odds. Also, this game is based on the show and I just don't think that the numbers would NOT play some type of role in this game.

No, if random even the bolded spots have a 1/21 chance...now if your assuming for sure one is a wolf, then sure..1/4...but i assume that it is random, so i dont agree with your argument here at all

Quote:
Also you say I didn't want to put a vote on a player with a "bandwagon". I didn't know two votes was considered a bandwagon.

I asked for a count on post 211. Hoops listed them out on 212 and then I voted on 213.

There were 3 then, hoops has since stated his list was wrong. So he was the leader, and the votes came very quickly together at the end(bandwagon). And since he had yet to reply it would prob. mean more votes...it was just sensible he was going to get lynched at the time. hence why your vote makes sense
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 05:44 PM   #255
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Dola, and I've also told you why I would claim any sort of special role, even if I had one -- even if it saved me today, it would probably kill me tonight, so I'd be better off denying it and hoping to actually get some use out of it.

However, in point of fact, as far as I can tell, I'm nobody special.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 05:45 PM   #256
spleen1015
Coordinator

Tomorrow is a bad day for me. At the most, I'll have 2-3 hours of availability the entire day. If I was a good boy regarding the family, I'm probably unavailable the entire day.

So, I would like extended hours for the weekend, if possible. Waiting until Monday would be best for me, but I don't want the game to be held up on my account.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 05:46 PM   #257
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday
Dola, and I've also told you why I would claim any sort of special role, even if I had one -- even if it saved me today, it would probably kill me tonight, so I'd be better off denying it and hoping to actually get some use out of it.

However, in point of fact, as far as I can tell, I'm nobody special.
And my vote is not even on you, but I may be forced to now since I have as many as you.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:47 PM   #258
Desnudo
Coordinator

It would be nice if the night action was done before the weekend was over so we had something talk about.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 05:48 PM   #259
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Actually, I've been in thread for about 5 minutes or so.

Looks like another WW game with a 1st day lynch of a villager/survivor thanks to Blade.

Maybe he's still mad that I blinded him last game.
I didnt vote for you first, i didnt vote for you last...i honestly forgot you blinded me last game till right now....jerk ...to be honest i dont have a strong feeling on anyone right now...im just trying to ruffle feathers....and im hoping with this 1-1 vote others have to make moves to defend their best interests...trust me, im not strong on you at all...just where i am right now(my third vote of the day)...like i told raiders, no worries
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:54 PM   #260
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

I can hang around during the weekend on and off so any of the three options is fine with me....
Old 02-10-2006, 05:59 PM   #261
saldana
Pro Starter

well seeing as how i am one of the bolded numbers, I think Ardent would have to be dumb to make all of us the wolves, and since we know he isnt dumb, the statistical argument that one of the 4 is a wolf dont really make a lot of sense to me. that said, as soon as i realized i was bolded, i PM'ed him to find out exactly why i was, and got the lottery number explanation....my reason for asking.....because i knew on day one that they were gonna be a big issue. i personally am shooting at the 1 in 21 chance, as if there was nothing special about the signup board.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 06:02 PM   #262
saldana
Pro Starter

dola, i can play over the weekend, whatever is best for everyone else is fine by me
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 06:05 PM   #263
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I can play over the weekend too.. And I kinda like how the bolded numbers have given us something to stir around for Day1. With no Night 0, it would have just been randomness for why people picked whoever. At least now we have something to talk about (right or wrong) I know I am watching interestedly to see who is willing to condemn who, or who tries to save whomever.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 06:13 PM   #264
Desnudo
Coordinator

Since I've got nothing else to do, my personal high threat/benefit pyschological profiling. Not meant to impy guilt or innocence, just identifying people who probably bear watching:

1. Kwhit - Underrated. Very good at hiding in plain sight.

3. Alan T - Very thorough, methodical

6. Grammaticus - He makes me think of the movie "Terminator" for some reason.

10. Schmidty - Unpredictable. Powder keg. Extremely defensive, good or evil, so you can't tell if he's hiding something.

12. hoopsguy - Thoughtful and thorough

13. Blade6119 - Crazy hero of werewolf act makes it hard to tell if he's killing people on purpose or not

15. Mr. Wednesday - Always seems to be around, but not too around. Adds decent insight when he does post

16. saldana - Been in a lot of these. See #12

18. RPI-Fan - Sort of like a less angry version of Schmidty. Generally pretty quiet which makes him tough to read, but he's shown good abilities.

20. kingfc22 - What, that shuriken in my door? I was asleep while a fight was going on outside my house!
Old 02-10-2006, 06:15 PM   #265
spleen1015
Coordinator

Has anyone seen my wife, Meredith?!
Old 02-10-2006, 06:16 PM   #266
Poli
FOFC Survivor

With just under three hours remaining I unofficially have Mr. Wednesday and Kingfc22 at 4 votes. I have Alan T and Blade6119 at 2 votes each. Three others each have one vote.

Five players according to my records have yet to vote.
Old 02-10-2006, 06:18 PM   #267
Desmond
Banned

Im good for the weekend but also understand if people cant play during it.
Desmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 06:27 PM   #268
kingfc22
Head Coach

I really don't want to vote for Mr. W, but since I am currently tied I must out of self-preservation.

UNVOTE RAIDERS ARMY
VOTE MR. W

I'm now off to meet up with my dad before we head out to go watch the US beat up on Japan.
Old 02-10-2006, 06:33 PM   #269
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
Since I've got nothing else to do, my personal high threat/benefit pyschological profiling. Not meant to impy guilt or innocence, just identifying people who probably bear watching:

1. Kwhit - Underrated. Very good at hiding in plain sight.

3. Alan T - Very thorough, methodical

6. Grammaticus - He makes me think of the movie "Terminator" for some reason.

10. Schmidty - Unpredictable. Powder keg. Extremely defensive, good or evil, so you can't tell if he's hiding something.

12. hoopsguy - Thoughtful and thorough

13. Blade6119 - Crazy hero of werewolf act makes it hard to tell if he's killing people on purpose or not

15. Mr. Wednesday - Always seems to be around, but not too around. Adds decent insight when he does post

16. saldana - Been in a lot of these. See #12

18. RPI-Fan - Sort of like a less angry version of Schmidty. Generally pretty quiet which makes him tough to read, but he's shown good abilities.

20. kingfc22 - What, that shuriken in my door? I was asleep while a fight was going on outside my house!

I'm not sure if humor was intended, but I definately got a good laugh out of this. FWIW, it seems as though your profiling is right on the money, at least as far as I'm concerned. Your Blade and Schmidty profiles are awesome.
Old 02-10-2006, 06:33 PM   #270
spleen1015
Coordinator

I want to make sure I have the game straight.

A member of The Others can lie and say that they are a Survivor, correct?
Old 02-10-2006, 06:34 PM   #271
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015

I cant imagine a time when they wouldnt..for them to say they are an other would be a death threat
Demotivation
Old 02-10-2006, 06:35 PM   #272
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015

Thats what they are doing right now. out of all of us, there are maybe 3-4 people who are lying, and basically being a "wolf" to trick us. They don't have to say anything true, or might have partial truths. Our goal is to try to watch what people say and do to catch them in the act, to trip them up and lynch them.
Old 02-10-2006, 06:38 PM   #273
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennywisesb
I'm not sure if humor was intended, but I definately got a good laugh out of this. FWIW, it seems as though your profiling is right on the money, at least as far as I'm concerned. Your Blade and Schmidty profiles are awesome.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. It's my true feelings on the people on the list, but I did try and spice it up a little.
Old 02-10-2006, 06:40 PM   #274
hoopsguy
General Manager

Actually, there are probably more than 3-4 who are lying - or at least keeping info from us. Someone with a special role as a survivor certainly is not trying to give that information away; it would make them a bigger night target.

That said, they don't want to die with information that can help the survivors. So they will usually try to put hidden clues out there. That type of stuff normally doesn't happen until at least Day 2, since they don't have any information at the moment (game started with Day cycle, not Night cycle).
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 06:43 PM   #275
hoopsguy
General Manager

The four people with multiple votes are not the ones I would have chosen to race off today, based on previous games. If we end up lynching a survivor, then we are losing someone of value right out of the chute. Not just as a survivor (thus boosting our numbers) but someone who generally plays the game with above-average interest and intensity.

OK, hope to be around late tonight and catch up on the days events - barring a late vote swing in my direction or a quick Night cycle.
Old 02-10-2006, 06:44 PM   #276
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

I don't like doing this, but since it looks as though we are being pressured to vote one or the other, I'm going to Vote KingFC. I know in previous games Mr. W has done a good job, and if he's a survivor, it'd be tragic to lose him on day one.

I'm heading home from work right now and I'm not sure I'll be on again before the deadline so I hope I'm not making a mistake. Day one always sucks because of the lack of evidence.
Old 02-10-2006, 06:45 PM   #277
Desnudo
Coordinator

I pretty much agree with that sentiment. I'm not sure that there is a ever a "good" vote off the first day though, unless you get lucky. You either get rid of someone exprienced or someone who probably hasn't played much. I'd hate to ruin someone's enjoyment if they hadn't played much before.
Old 02-10-2006, 06:49 PM   #278
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I hesitate to leave my vote on kingfc. Although I think most people would view me as being innocent since I was his first vote, I don't like the bandwagon that occurred. It seems as if it's too...contrived.

That being said, I'm fairly certain that the others are playing it safe and spreading their votes out.
Old 02-10-2006, 06:52 PM   #279
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

WTF?!?!?!?!! Taking a fucking personal shot in a damned WW game??? If I saw you in real life, I'd poop on your shoe!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-10-2006, 06:53 PM   #280
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
poop
He said poop.

Anyhow, I'm out for the night. I guess I'll leave my vote as is. Good luck to us.
Old 02-10-2006, 06:55 PM   #281
hoopsguy
General Manager

Count me among the suspicious with the steady movement towards Kingfc, even though I was part of that bandwagon.

UNVOTE KINGFC22
VOTE MR. WEDNESDAY

There is no reason for a counter bandwagon to form if we missed on our first guy. The "others" can just dump votes in as random a pattern as possible. So if a 2nd bandwagon is forming, it casts suspicion on the guy who is escaping the original one.

Does this make sense to anyone else? Hope so - and hope that my vote lands on a villain at the end of the day.
Old 02-10-2006, 06:56 PM   #282
Schmidty
Coordinator

Hell of a lot of vote switching going on, which seems odd for a first day when we have no actual evidence of anything.......
Old 02-10-2006, 06:57 PM   #283
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
I hesitate to leave my vote on kingfc. Although I think most people would view me as being innocent since I was his first vote, I don't like the bandwagon that occurred. It seems as if it's too...contrived.

That being said, I'm fairly certain that the others are playing it safe and spreading their votes out.

I've given considerable thought to changing my vote to kingfc22. He was accused of being a bad guy and instead of denying it, he used smoke and mirrors to cloud the situation.

That combined with Mr. Wednesday claiming to not be a bad guy leads me to want to change my vote.

BUT!

Mr. Wednesday's effort when seeing he had the most votes and such lead me to think he is a bad guy trying to stick around.

So, I think I am leaving my vote the same.

Of course, that could change some time tonight.
Old 02-10-2006, 06:57 PM   #284
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Count me among the suspicious with the steady movement towards Kingfc, even though I was part of that bandwagon.

UNVOTE KINGFC22
VOTE MR. WEDNESDAY

There is no reason for a counter bandwagon to form if we missed on our first guy. The "others" can just dump votes in as random a pattern as possible. So if a 2nd bandwagon is forming, it casts suspicion on the guy who is escaping the original one.

Does this make sense to anyone else? Hope so - and hope that my vote lands on a villain at the end of the day.
i honestly dont see the bandwagon on king like i do on w...first vote raiders was just a counter vote for king voting him....second vote was me in response to me thinking i tricked him into voting raiders...your the 3rd vote, when he was down 4-2, making you the key..you reason it how you will...and mr. w 4th for self-preservation reasons....the only odd vote there i see is you
Demotivation
Old 02-10-2006, 07:02 PM   #285
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

UNVOTE KINGFC22
VOTE MR. WEDNESDAY

I think I see what you are saying. I was a bit nervous with alot of people voting after me, but I was afraid if I changed my vote after the bandwagon started I would be viewed as trying to "save Mr. Wednesday" I figured since I dont know either of these people nor have any proof about either, it was safer for me to stay where I was and then try to learn what I could about people who voted after me.
Old 02-10-2006, 07:17 PM   #286
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I say get the night actions posted sometime between tonight and tomorrow and take a break on the day until Monday. I'll be on very limited this weekend if at all.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 07:21 PM   #287
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
I say get the night actions posted sometime between tonight and tomorrow and take a break on the day until Monday. I'll be on very limited this weekend if at all.

It appears that is what we'll do. We'll process night actions as they come in, and then resume with a Monday night deadline for Day 2.
Old 02-10-2006, 07:35 PM   #288
mckerney
Coordinator

VOTE Mr. Wednesday
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 07:51 PM   #289
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
WTF?!?!?!?!! Taking a fucking personal shot in a damned WW game??? If I saw you in real life, I'd poop on your shoe!!!!!!!!!!!

I wear flip-flops
Old 02-10-2006, 07:53 PM   #290
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
I wear flip-flops
Then he'll poop on your foot.
Old 02-10-2006, 07:54 PM   #291
Desnudo
Coordinator

I'm considering voting for him for that. But lynching him would just give him more time to poop.
Old 02-10-2006, 07:55 PM   #292
Desnudo
Coordinator

One thing that must not happen tonight is a tie.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:02 PM   #293
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
mr. w is up 6-3 i believe...we are far from a tie now
Demotivation
Old 02-10-2006, 08:05 PM   #294
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

You can bet that I'm not going anywhere near tie votes this time
Old 02-10-2006, 08:07 PM   #295
Blade6119
Coordinator

Id be willing to cast a vote to break a tie..this game i dont have anything to lose, so ill take my chances if you set it up
Demotivation
Old 02-10-2006, 08:13 PM   #296
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Back before the vote. Interesting shift away from king to Wednesday again.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:16 PM   #297
Blade6119
Coordinator

Im back until the deadline as well after a nice dinner...should be an interesting day 2
Demotivation
Old 02-10-2006, 08:16 PM   #298
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

This is what I have so far. Mr. Wednesday 7, King 3, Alan and Blade 2:

(67) Blade Votes Mckerney (1)
(115) hoops votes Taz (lol)
(121) hoops UNVOTES taz (lol)
(121) hoops Votes Tanglewood (1)
(138) Alan Votes Mr. Wednesday (1)
(147) Sndvls Votes Grammaticus (1)
(151) saldana votes Alan (1)
(162) Blade UNVOTES Mckerney (0)
(162) Blade votes Raiders Army (1)
(168) Grammaticus votes desmond (1)
(181) Bearcat votes Mr. Wednesday (2)
(182) Spleen votes Mr. Wednesday (3)
(190) Kwhit Votes Rpi (1)
(208) Schmidty votes blade (1)
(210) Swaggs votes Blade (2)
(213) King votes Raiders army (2)
(217) Raiders Army votes king (1)
(222) Desmond votes Mr. Wednesday (4)
(226) Mr. Wednesday votes Rpi (2)
(232) Celeval votes Alan T (2)
(235) Blade UNVOTES Raiders Army (1)
(235) Blade votes King (2)
(241) Hoops UNVOTES Tanglewood (0)
(241) Hoops votes King (3)
(242) Mr. Wednesday UNVOTES rpi (1)
(242) Mr. Wednesday Votes king (4)
(268) king UNVOTES Raiders Army (0)
(268) king votes Mr. Wednesday (5)
(281) Hoops UNVOTES King (3)
(281) Hoops Votes Mr. Wednesday (6)
(288) mckerney votes Mr. wednesday (7)
Old 02-10-2006, 08:23 PM   #299
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Thanks Alan. Something interesting about hoopsguy: he unvoted twice to hop on the bandwagon. Once to vote king when king had the lead, and then became one of the deciding votes for Wednesday.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:25 PM   #300
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Id be willing to cast a vote to break a tie..this game i dont have anything to lose, so ill take my chances if you set it up

Is there a benefit to doing that?