Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-10-2006, 11:43 PM   #401
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
not real sure, he's a drug using band member. Could be a lover if there was a Claire role.

I guess it could be like the old Shakespeare productions where guys played the female parts. I can thankfully say that I am not Claire, or any other woman.

Any guess as to what Charlie might be good at? I remember him not being much of a fighter, but being very overprotective of Claire and the baby.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 11:45 PM   #402
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Ardent lists penny voting king..dont see it here...whos wrong?

Sorry, i looked back and missed it. its in post 276, hidden in the text a little more. My mistake. I'll add it. thanks for catching it.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 11:46 PM   #403
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Updated list, sorry for the ommission:

(67) Blade Votes Mckerney (1)
(115) hoops votes Taz (lol)
(121) hoops UNVOTES taz (lol)
(121) hoops Votes Tanglewood (1)
(138) Alan Votes Mr. Wednesday (1)
(147) Sndvls Votes Grammaticus (1)
(151) saldana votes Alan (1)
(162) Blade UNVOTES Mckerney (0)
(162) Blade votes Raiders Army (1)
(168) Grammaticus votes desmond (1)
(181) Bearcat votes Mr. Wednesday (2)
(182) Spleen votes Mr. Wednesday (3)
(190) Kwhit Votes Rpi (1)
(208) Schmidty votes blade (1)
(210) Swaggs votes Blade (2)
(213) King votes Raiders army (2)
(217) Raiders Army votes king (1)
(222) Desmond votes Mr. Wednesday (4)
(226) Mr. Wednesday votes Rpi (2)
(232) Celeval votes Alan T (2)
(235) Blade UNVOTES Raiders Army (1)
(235) Blade votes King (2)
(241) Hoops UNVOTES Tanglewood (0)
(241) Hoops votes King (3)
(242) Mr. Wednesday UNVOTES rpi (1)
(242) Mr. Wednesday Votes king (4)
(268) king UNVOTES Raiders Army (0)
(268) king votes Mr. Wednesday (5)
(276) pennyweis votes king (5)
(281) Hoops UNVOTES King (4)
(281) Hoops Votes Mr. Wednesday (6)
(288) mckerney votes Mr. wednesday (7)
(308) Desnudo votes Mr. Wednesday (8)
Old 02-10-2006, 11:47 PM   #404
Blade6119
Coordinator

Very interesting to see hoops break a tie...interesting indeed
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 12:40 AM   #405
hoopsguy
General Manager

Just caught up on the reading and I'm not sure what to think in terms of the results.

Is the character MrW quoted from the show a confirmed survivor?

Blade, why do you think that MrW played a special character, instead of an ordinary survivor (or an "other")?

In hindsight, I kind of wish I had left my vote on Tanglewood instead of seeing if I could instigate a flurry of activity ... generally not my style of play and I don't think I did a very good job here. Don't know for sure without a role reveal, but the activity after I left for the night didn't exactly fill me with confidence in the play.

Blade, when you were looking at the votes for King you did not comment on Pennywise joining the grouping. That was the last one that I had seen before I switched votes. I had seen move from being back 4-1 into a 5-5 tie before I switched. I knew that I wasn't going to be around for a deadline tonight and didn't want to come back and see that I had helped create a secondary bandwagon. So I swung back to the initial bandwagon voter, since he was the primary beneficiary of the secondary bandwagon.

I'll be interested in seeing what the night actions are - perhaps I'll be allowed to see Day 2 since I seem to have played in a controversial fashion up to this point.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 12:48 AM   #406
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday
Short of a role reveal, you're not going to get a whole lot of good cases from anyone. And even a role reveal isn't likely to be worth it, because it'll probably get you killed overnight.
This is telling first, basically saying he doesnt want to role reveal as it would just get him killed that night...then in his posts:

Quote:
I'm not sure I'll be back by 9 pm CST... I think it's very dangerous to assume anything particularly about people who are bolded. Off the top of my head, it could mean that one or more is a bad guy, or that one or more has has some sort of "cursed" special role that would help the bad guys. However, it could also mean that one or more has some sort of special role that would help the good guys. Or it could just mean, as I noted above, that ardent is trying to mess with us.

If I'm going to get wrongfully lynched here, hopefully you'll learn something useful from my death. I doubt it's going to help us win.
Watch that bolded part...it comes back

Quote:
If one is a wolf, you have a 1/4 chance of being right, vs. a 3/17 (hypothetical) chance of being right elsewhere, I agree.

But that's predicated on one of the four being a wolf. Suppose none of the four is a wolf -- now you have a 0/4 chance of being right. I've already posited that it's entirely possible that none is a wolf, even if all four have some significance.
Hints at it again

Quote:
Dola, and I've also told you why I would claim any sort of special role, even if I had one -- even if it saved me today, it would probably kill me tonight, so I'd be better off denying it and hoping to actually get some use out of it.

However, in point of fact, as far as I can tell, I'm nobody special.
This finishes it up...he basically says if he had a role(which he hints at before and after lynch) he wouldnt reveal it...Those are like 4 of the 6-7 posts he made...that just seems like far too many hints to not be something.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 02-11-2006, 12:51 AM   #407
Blade6119
Coordinator

dola, i dont like having to spell that out to you hoops...you should have picked up on it...in fact, maybe you did(hence why you, the key vote, switched and got him killed)
Demotivation
Old 02-11-2006, 12:52 AM   #408
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, I'm willing to work with that idea. If that is the case then I guess better in jail than dead to the others. Not sure we can count on jail as the option every day ...

Time to do some Google searches on this character. I'm thinking of borrowing the Season 1 DVD set from a buddy tomorrow, as I have some spare time on my hands.
Old 02-11-2006, 01:20 AM   #409
hoopsguy
General Manager

Here is a Lost site that I have found:

hxxp://www.thefuselage.com

There is a section on the characters - looking through the Charlie stuff it seems like he has a protective nature about him, but also is on the outs with Locke after losing his girl to her. And that he has some anger issues on top of drug problems last year.

In terms of missing out on hints, it happens. I could try to argue that a wolf often hints at their importance when they are on the block, but truth be told I didn't pick up on anything from Mr. W in the little time he was online. When I'm viewing from work, and I have other people that are interacting with me, it does make it harder to really scrutinize post-by-post.

Bottom line, everyone should definitely hold me accountable for bad play if/when it happens, and it may very well turn out that this is one of those times.

Edited for typo on link to site.

Last edited by hoopsguy : 02-11-2006 at 01:23 AM.
Old 02-11-2006, 01:27 AM   #410
Blade6119
Coordinator

from the official lost site, in regards to charlie:

BEFORE THE CRASH
# Bass player for successful UK band Drive Shaft; his younger brother Liam was lead singer
# Heroin addiction lasted far longer than band's fame
# Turned to crime to support his habit
# Went to Australia to convince brother to re-form band

ON THE ISLAND
# Locke helped him kick drug addiction
# Rescued Jack from cave-in while in withdrawal
# Befriended Claire, convincing her to move to caves
# Almost killed when they were kidnapped by sinister Ethan Rom; Jack saved him with CPR
# Hunted down and shot Ethan Rom in revenge
# Tempted by heroin found on wrecked smuggler's plane
# Nicknamed Claire's baby Turnip Head
Demotivation
Old 02-11-2006, 02:05 AM   #411
kingfc22
Head Coach

So is Mr. W gone or do we have a way to save him?
Old 02-11-2006, 04:58 AM   #412
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 in post #341
I voted Mr. W because he hadn't checked in by then. By the time he showed up, I didn't see a need to change the vote.

That is why I vote for Mr. W.

Some things are adding up here. Someone new to the game might not go with the "veteran" strategy of voting for a player who hasn't shown up yet...unless they're getting information from a veteran player. I know you're new, but Mr. Wednesday hadn't even been online to know the game had started, so you gave him absolutely no slack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 in post #182
VOTE Mr. Wednesday

This vote is strictly because he hasn't spoken up yet and I don't know what my availability will be later tonight. I need to get a vote cast just in case.
You did this well before the voting deadline, and Mr. Wednesday did show up afterwards. At the time you posted this, Schmidty, tanglewood, RPI-Fan, Swaggs, and Desmond did nothing except say they were checking in.

Going back to your first quote, why didn't you see a need to change your vote? tanglewood and RPI-Fan were less active at that point in time, meeting your criteria for voting for Wednesday.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 04:59 AM   #413
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Okay. I'm leaving in about an hour and I'll be gone pretty much all day. I'm all for having the day cycle run through Sunday night.
Old 02-11-2006, 06:46 AM   #414
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Some things are adding up here. Someone new to the game might not go with the "veteran" strategy of voting for a player who hasn't shown up yet...unless they're getting information from a veteran player. I know you're new, but Mr. Wednesday hadn't even been online to know the game had started, so you gave him absolutely no slack.

You did this well before the voting deadline, and Mr. Wednesday did show up afterwards. At the time you posted this, Schmidty, tanglewood, RPI-Fan, Swaggs, and Desmond did nothing except say they were checking in.

Going back to your first quote, why didn't you see a need to change your vote? tanglewood and RPI-Fan were less active at that point in time, meeting your criteria for voting for Wednesday.

I voted because I was unsure of my availability for the evening. There was a chance that I would be unavailable for the entire evening. I had to vote to make sure I got a vote in. It just so happened that Mr. W hasn't checked in at the time and I used that as my criteria randomly.

Turns out, I was able to be around for much of the evening. I contemplated changing my vote for 3 hours or so. I was very close to switching it to kingfc22 when hoops broke the tie. Then, the votes kept piliing on Mr. W and there was no need to switch since the vote had been pretty much decided at that point.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 09:32 AM   #415
saldana
Pro Starter

i really want to know what the deal with Wednesday being in the pit

RA, very nice work on the spleen analysis, i admit i missed it.

blade, i saw the points about wednesday, i did pick up on them when he posted them, but couldnt decide if they were real or just banter...i guess my suspicion level on hoops will be predicated on by if we get wednesday back and he tells us anything.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 11:30 AM   #416
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Not alot of activity so far this weekend, Im guessing alot of people won't be around much. I had hoped we would have had a little more information by now, I still have so many questions in my head about Mr.W an his place now. So far without any real answers, this has left me with no truly good feels for people's actions from yesterday.

I'm not entirely sure how close I am to Blade's feelings about Hoops. I guess if Mr. W was lynched an revealed to have some important role that he was hinting at then it might have a little more credibility, but my take on it was more along the lines that most people when on the line to be lynched are likely to try to beef up their importance to the survivors to try to keep from being lynched. a Day one role outing usually is rare to see, since it usually means they dont survive long through the night anyways.. I guess for right now, I'd need a bit more to put some heat on Hoops, a player of his calibre I feel can help us alot going on later... and if he's against us, well that scares me greatly.

As for Spleen, I guess I'll wait and see. Without knowing anything about Mr. W I don't want to jump to conclusions about why people protected others or didnt protect them just yet I suppose.
Old 02-11-2006, 11:36 AM   #417
SnDvls
Pro Starter

no night results yet huh?
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 12:12 PM   #418
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

I wish I watched the show because it seems as though I'm so out of the loop as far as characters go.
Old 02-11-2006, 12:13 PM   #419
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Dola, without a role reveal, its hard to analyze voting patterns or anything when we don't know if the person we voted to lynch is actually bad or not.....
Old 02-11-2006, 01:33 PM   #420
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm not sure what to add at this point without the night actions - Friday night is always a tough time to get people to be timely and Day 1 obviously has the maximum number of people who have to submit them.

Has AE been around at all? I haven't seen him online the couple of times I've peeked at the thread today.
Old 02-11-2006, 02:33 PM   #421
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
As for Spleen, I guess I'll wait and see. Without knowing anything about Mr. W I don't want to jump to conclusions about why people protected others or didnt protect them just yet I suppose.

See post 414.

This is starting to get interested though. You know the reasons why I voted for Mr. W the way I did, yet you're still suspicious. Now, I am thinking, I need to defend myself so that you guys don't get the wrong idea about me. Yet, if I defend myself too much, you guys will read into that.

Simple suriviors, trust me. I am one of you.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 03:36 PM   #422
Celeval
Pro Starter

From a newbie point of view - if you're not an Other (or a special? or does that matter), then night actions are essentially just sitting back and waiting, right? Is there anything I'm supposed to be doing?
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 03:39 PM   #423
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeval
From a newbie point of view - if you're not an Other (or a special? or does that matter), then night actions are essentially just sitting back and waiting, right? Is there anything I'm supposed to be doing?

Thats right, for any survivors without special roles, we just wait till the night events are over. We can talk some about what happened the previous day but often times people are hesitant to say too much in fear of becoming a night target. Likewise othertimes if someone thinks they likely will die that night, they sometimes say everything they know before they go.
Old 02-11-2006, 04:56 PM   #424
Poli
FOFC Survivor

It's hard to sleep, but most of you find a way to do so. A few of you stand guard around the outside perimeter of the camp. The guards turn over after a few hours and there's nothing to report.

Shortly after the new guards take over, it happens. Trees crash. Animal noises of all sorts come out of the jungle. As the tree crashing comes closer, those closest to the jungle begin to turn and run.

Soon everyone's running, but from what? A few of you stop and turn around, hoping to catch a glimpse of just what exactly is chasing you, but there's nothing there. It takes a few minutes to calm everyone down. Eventually everyone returns to camp.

Poor Mr. Wednesday. He was left in the pit, and now is dead. It appears his neck was snapped. You notice on one of his fingers a ring with the letters, "DS". You also find some heroin in his pockets, obviously this guy was a drug user. Still, who could have done this? Didn't everyone run away from that crashing noise?

A head count ensues and there is one person missing. Grammaticus. Where could he be? A search party is made, and Grammaticus is eventually found dead. His throat was slashed.

You search Grammaticus and his belongings, but find a few things: a lottery ticket and a piece of paper with the numbers 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, and 42 scribbled on it. In fact, those are the same numbers on the lottery ticket.

Needless to say, no one sleeps the rest of the night.

End Night 1.

Begin Day 2.
Old 02-11-2006, 05:02 PM   #425
Celeval
Pro Starter

Looks like we lost Charlie and Hurley.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 05:02 PM   #426
hoopsguy
General Manager

Perfect - from the clues it looks pretty certain that we lost a pair of named survivors.

I suppose it is possible that we are all tied to survivors on the show, but don't know which character we are associated with - for example, Gram could have believed he was an ordinary survivor and played someone with no special role but was "Hurley" - think I'm remembering the guy who won the lottery, right?

Next question - why Grammaticus? Time to review his posts to see if he may have somehow tipped his hand or if it was just luck hitting someone who right now appears to have likely been a special role.

Multiple kills in one night - survivor assassin role?
Old 02-11-2006, 05:07 PM   #427
hoopsguy
General Manager

Grammaticus voted for Desmond fairly early (168) and never moved off of him.

From King, Post #74
Quote:
One of the characters, Hurley, learned about these numbers while he was in a physc. ward. He later won the lottery with those numbers and ever since he has had INCREDIBLE bad luck.

Looks like the string of bad luck continues ...

AE - did you find an alternate for RPI?
Old 02-11-2006, 05:07 PM   #428
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Well, by this night action I guess I am to assume Mr. W was a good guy? A question for those more familiar, does the DS on the ring, and the heroin coeincide with the guy people mentioned Mr. W might be from the show? The one who wrote weird songs and was a druggy?

Also I remember people saying something about a guy who felt those numbers that Gramm had were very important , would that make Gramm that person?

I guess what I am leading to, what "roles" if any do you all guess Mr. W and Gramm might have had? Without knowing those characters, I have a hard time guessing if we might have lost a bodyguard/witness/seer/duke/etc.
Old 02-11-2006, 05:09 PM   #429
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Grammaticus voted for Desmond fairly early (168) and never moved off of him.

From King, Post #74

Looks like the string of bad luck continues ...

AE - did you find an alternate for RPI?

No one has come forward as of yet.
Old 02-11-2006, 05:14 PM   #430
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Perfect - from the clues it looks pretty certain that we lost a pair of named survivors.

I suppose it is possible that we are all tied to survivors on the show, but don't know which character we are associated with - for example, Gram could have believed he was an ordinary survivor and played someone with no special role but was "Hurley" - think I'm remembering the guy who won the lottery, right?

Next question - why Grammaticus? Time to review his posts to see if he may have somehow tipped his hand or if it was just luck hitting someone who right now appears to have likely been a special role.

Looks like you and Celeval answered my questions partially while I was typing out my questions. I still wonder what "roles" these two might have had if any. Looking at the very front of the thread, Mr. W is now listed dead via Lynch... So I don't think he was assassinated. it looks like we lynched him, it was just a "delayed lynch"? So It seems to me 1 lynch, and 1 night kill by the wolves.

Now why Grammaticus, I looked at a few things, but didnt see much to go on. He did not seem too involved with the events from yesterday. he did not have a bolded name (so if he does have a special role, the bolded names do not indicate that at all). He had one vote for him all day from Sndvls who never left it, and he had a vote like hoops said on Desmond all day.

My hunch is that both might be wild goose chases, maybe maybe not. I wonder though why they would not have gone after someone like Blade or hoops. Hoops might have answered that earlier by thinking he had caused a little controversy with his "mistake". I personally do not think too much of that though.

I guess this at least gives us something to try to figure out. That and any thoughts on roles might be a good place to start.
Old 02-11-2006, 05:31 PM   #431
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
How do you get multiple kills in one night?

I see three different possibilities:

1. The person (Wednesday) who is selected for the lynch gets killed during the night phase and the wolves killed one (Grammaticus).

2. You're right, and the assassin and wolves killed one each.

3. Wednesday had Charlie's role and was able to kill someone, so when he was selected for the lynch, he got killed and he took out Grammaticus. The wolves could've converted a cursed.
Old 02-11-2006, 05:33 PM   #432
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
How do you get multiple kills in one night?

I see three different possibilities:

1. The person (Wednesday) who is selected for the lynch gets killed during the night phase and the wolves killed one (Grammaticus).

2. You're right, and the assassin and wolves killed one each.

3. Wednesday had Charlie's role and was able to kill someone, so when he was selected for the lynch, he got killed and he took out Grammaticus. The wolves could've converted a cursed.

I still stand by my thought that it is #1. ardent posted in the front char list that Mr. W was lynched.
Old 02-11-2006, 05:34 PM   #433
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I believe it is so as well.
Old 02-11-2006, 05:36 PM   #434
hoopsguy
General Manager

In regards to not taking down me or Blade, I expect that both of us will become increasingly more suspicious of the other as days go by and we are both still in the game. Partly the way we are wired (both generally think the other is making moves they often are not), partly because if I was an "other" he is someone who would be on my short list to kill. Blade alluded to this in Post #179 and I more or less reciprocate that idea.

If Mr. W was Charlie - and the drugs coupled with the song lyric strongly suggest this - then what to the initials DS in the ring indicate?

Grammaticus seemed to have good knowledge of the show (reply #167 is an example of this) but he is hardly the only one who fits that role. Perhaps he was killed for his references to watching both "Party of Five" and "Dancing with the Stars"?

OK, time to think like a "wolf" - what do you do if you see an early bandwagon forming on a survivor?
1.) You are excited to be getting a free pass on Day 1.
2.) You make sure that the wolves spread out their votes - if possible, on completely different people but if it is a two-horse race then don't draw attention
3.) For those not voting for the lynchee, put something out there that can be re-read later as supporting his cause.

Do these make sense? If so, there are a couple of people who inch up the "distrust" list ... still wading through the posts, but wondering if the people around this weekend agree with the premise(s) above.
Old 02-11-2006, 05:37 PM   #435
Raiders Army
Coordinator

DS means Driveshaft, the name of his band. Nothing more.
Old 02-11-2006, 05:40 PM   #436
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
DS means Driveshaft, the name of his band. Nothing more.
You are correct sir. I do find it kind of ironic that Charlie was nearly the first one killed in the show. Also Hurley's bad luck in the show is directed to those around him and doesn't affect him yet he is now dead, too.
Old 02-11-2006, 05:46 PM   #437
Desnudo
Coordinator

Ok, so completely guessing here, but the Charlie character maybe was the weak-willed convertible person? I have no idea how to translate the Hurley role. I was thinking possible seer, but that role might fall to the guy in the back story that told Claire to get on the plane. Neither would be the bodyguard or doctor. Maybe Hurley was the night wanderer who could view a kill?
Old 02-11-2006, 05:48 PM   #438
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
Ok, so completely guessing here, but the Charlie character maybe was the weak-willed convertible person? I have no idea how to translate the Hurley role. I was thinking possible seer, but that role might fall to the guy in the back story that told Claire to get on the plane. Neither would be the bodyguard or doctor. Maybe Hurley was the night wanderer who could view a kill?
Maybe Hurley could be the Duke as well. Hurley changed the way they distributed the food from the hatch.
Old 02-11-2006, 05:51 PM   #439
Desnudo
Coordinator

That's a possibility too. He was also influentional with everyone, not just a certain clique. My lack of watching season 2 is killing me right now.
Old 02-11-2006, 05:52 PM   #440
Swaggs
Coordinator

I have to leave shortly, but everyone who acknowledged, before this, that there were named roles (like Hurley and Charlie) knew more than I did going into the first day.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 05:52 PM   #441
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Well, by this night action I guess I am to assume Mr. W was a good guy? A question for those more familiar, does the DS on the ring, and the heroin coeincide with the guy people mentioned Mr. W might be from the show? The one who wrote weird songs and was a druggy?

Also I remember people saying something about a guy who felt those numbers that Gramm had were very important , would that make Gramm that person?

I guess what I am leading to, what "roles" if any do you all guess Mr. W and Gramm might have had? Without knowing those characters, I have a hard time guessing if we might have lost a bodyguard/witness/seer/duke/etc.

DS would be initials for Charlie's band: Driveshaft.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 06:06 PM   #442
saldana
Pro Starter

i didnt see anything in gram's post that gave anything away as far as a role went, and i feel slightly disadvantaged knowing nothing about the show so i really cant even begin to speculate what kind of role either of those characters had.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 06:07 PM   #443
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Now why Grammaticus, I looked at a few things, but didnt see much to go on. He did not seem too involved with the events from yesterday. he did not have a bolded name (so if he does have a special role, the bolded names do not indicate that at all). He had one vote for him all day from Sndvls who never left it, and he had a vote like hoops said on Desmond all day.

My hunch is that both might be wild goose chases, maybe maybe not. I wonder though why they would not have gone after someone like Blade or hoops. Hoops might have answered that earlier by thinking he had caused a little controversy with his "mistake". I personally do not think too much of that though.

I guess this at least gives us something to try to figure out. That and any thoughts on roles might be a good place to start.

I think the reason for going with Grammaticus is rather obvious, he was someone that could be killed and give us nothing to go on. He made an apparently random vote for Desmond, and Sndvls made an apparently random vote for him. I think we're no further along than we were on Day one, save for what seems to be the loss of two survivors.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 06:08 PM   #444
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
i didnt see anything in gram's post that gave anything away as far as a role went, and i feel slightly disadvantaged knowing nothing about the show so i really cant even begin to speculate what kind of role either of those characters had.

I've probably seen every episode 2 or 3 times, and I have no idea what roles those two would play either.
Old 02-11-2006, 06:17 PM   #445
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney
I think the reason for going with Grammaticus is rather obvious, he was someone that could be killed and give us nothing to go on. He made an apparently random vote for Desmond, and Sndvls made an apparently random vote for him. I think we're no further along than we were on Day one, save for what seems to be the loss of two survivors.

I think it also has to do with picking someone who is unlikely to be protected.
Old 02-11-2006, 06:20 PM   #446
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
I think it also has to do with picking someone who is unlikely to be protected.

Agreed. I'd definitely think the others would be more interested in making sure they eliminate someone early rather than eliminating someone they may see as more of a threat.
Old 02-11-2006, 06:28 PM   #447
hoopsguy
General Manager

What are impressions on King at this point? If he was a survivor along with Mr. W then the others had the luxury of sitting back and enjoying the show on Friday. If not, then we should be paying a lot of attention to the voting patterns (including mine in that list).
Old 02-11-2006, 06:42 PM   #448
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What are impressions on King at this point? If he was a survivor along with Mr. W then the others had the luxury of sitting back and enjoying the show on Friday. If not, then we should be paying a lot of attention to the voting patterns (including mine in that list).

Thats what I have been sitting here thinking about some today. I looked back at how exactly the run on king started, and then how the votes jumped around. It seems to me the run on king started based on Blade trying to watch for a "mistake" in someone's play as the only thing to go on for day 1. He made a similar type of claim against king as he did against you hoops. He felt he made a move that he should have known better not to.

I think the day 1 votes other than a few assorted random votes were 2 groups of people latching onto a specific reason why to vote for someone. Mr. W's group of voters jumped on the lack of participation (last one to show up) and then later once he did show up did not want to move for various reasons (ie: Spleen's comment). King's group of voters jumped on the comment that Blade made regarding his move and why Blade felt it suspicious.

I guess my feelings on king right now are the same as my feelings towards you (hoops).. Blade found something which he finds suspicious, which means something for us to possibly go for. However it could also just be a dead end too. It definitly was one of the avenues I was looking at. The main thing holding me back is I know blade likes to stir up stuff and see what sticks at times, so I don't want to just throw a vote on hoops or king without thinkingg it through a little bit. (if that makes sense. Am eating while I write this)
Old 02-11-2006, 06:57 PM   #449
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:

I have about the same impression of King as I have of anyone else at this point. Maybe good, maybe bad. Based on probability, most likely good. It's a lot more likely that we lined up two villagers than a combo, as it is on most first days I think.
Old 02-11-2006, 06:59 PM   #450
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
Poor Mr. Wednesday. He was left in the pit, and now is dead. It appears his neck was snapped. You notice on one of his fingers a ring with the letters, "DS". You also find some heroin in his pockets, obviously this guy was a drug user. Still, who could have done this? Didn't everyone run away from that crashing noise?

A head count ensues and there is one person missing. Grammaticus. Where could he be? A search party is made, and Grammaticus is eventually found dead. His throat was slashed.
Very interesting that those two died...and it looks like wednesday was killed by a human assasin(neck snap) while the others kills gramat(neck slash??)

The interesting part for me is the crash we were all supposed to run away from.
Demotivation