Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-17-2006, 09:41 PM   #451
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Hoops I agree with all of what you just said. So where is that leading you for our current vote?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 09:42 PM   #452
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I still think 2 starters with generous conversions with a few blesseds out there is the likely way of the world.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:46 PM   #453
hoopsguy
General Manager

I think that I start with the "Remaining Players" list - Anxiety, Coffee Warlord, and WVUFan.

The other option would be to vote for you to clear you initially and validate that you were a human Day 1 and did kill a Thing on Night 1. But I want to play for the win tonight and I believe what you have posted. So while I understand the appeal of going that way I don't think I'll cast my vote in that direction.

I'm hoping for a little more conversation in the thread before voting but may not have that luxury with a 9AM deadline ...
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 09:48 PM   #454
Barkeep49
Coordinator

It's a 9 PM or sooner deadline.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:49 PM   #455
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Hoops:

Does starting there make sense if it's equally as likely that there was a conversion as there is that there were 3 starting Things? I don't quite think it does.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:51 PM   #456
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Also the more I think about it, the more your vote does NOT clear you. I know you've thrown your fellow wolves under the bus before in a dire situation, in the Treasure Hunt game. So voting for a fellow wolf on a close vote is a weapon in your arsenal. I still think you're innocent for the time being, but I think it's worth pointing out for others.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:54 PM   #457
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Schmidty can you clarify what you meant by your post? Anxiety has been looking at it in a pretty literal way, which makes sense, while many of us have taken it more to mean "Don't discuss anything new about PMs." Could you clarify what you want?

What's out there is out there. I won't comment on specifics until after the game.

I asked people to stop discussing PMs. Period. I thought it was quite obvious. I didn't say future and I didn't say past, I said PM FROM ME.

Last edited by Schmidty : 04-17-2006 at 09:55 PM.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 09:55 PM   #458
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Thanks for the clarification of the obvious.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:57 PM   #459
saldana
Pro Starter

i hope this game lasts a while, just so i can keep reading Barkeep's rants. he's freakin hilarious...is there actually a character in the movie that acts like that?
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 09:57 PM   #460
hoopsguy
General Manager

Well, it kind of plays into the same logic that I used for the "original Thing" play with today's vote.

1.) Possible there was no conversion
2.) If there was a conversion, it is possible that it wasn't one of the 5 on the "Somewhat Trusted" list. Doubtful, but possible
3.) If we are hunting one remaining Thing either way, the 1 in 3 are the best odds
4.) If I was playing as a Thing, I would probably have converted a lower profile guy and let the more frequent posters finger-point at each other while swelling my numbers. Plus there is a better chance to hit a special role (for better or worse) in the "Remaining Players" group than with the ordinary scientists. We don't know if there are seer/bodyguard roles out there but this is a werewolf game so there are likely some ... you know me, I like to play high risk/high reward as a wolf but I definitely know that isn't how everyone approaches that role.

I'm happy that we have a full 24 hours to work through this.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:01 PM   #461
hoopsguy
General Manager

As far as being willing to ship a fellow "wolf" off to his death - yep, I'll do it if I feel like I'm boxed and and think it advances the cause. Just as I would be willing to take the noose to help out the rest of the team.

But in this case I would have just moved the vote to you (or not voted for him in the first place at a point when the outcome was clearly in doubt) to end the day cycle and look for a night conversion. If there is only one wolf left they may not get to a night cycle for their conversion.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:12 PM   #462
Barkeep49
Coordinator

To play the Devil's Advocate:
You're a Shitface
The day starts to shape up and it's going to be me or saldana. If I'm tested everyone still knows I'm clear and you're not clean.
You know I'm a fucking hero and if I am tested everyone will know that I wasn't promising them pussy and giving them cock when I was talking about Qwik. And it still might be saldana tomorrow.
If saldana is tested and you were there on a close vote you are suddenly cleared temporarily. You can then convert someone, who will also be thought of as cleared temporarily, and suddenly you've got the Shitfaces back in a better position then titties at the Bada Bing.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 04-17-2006 at 10:12 PM.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:13 PM   #463
Blade6119
Coordinator

VOTE RAIDERS ARMY
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 10:17 PM   #464
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
VOTE RAIDERS ARMY
Well a cousin-lusting dispshit could see the logic behind the vote you just cast Blade. Sadly I'm not that kind of sicko, so maybe you could tell me why you're voting for Raiders at this point. I mean the guy did sort of put saldana under the initial pressure that caused him to crack.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:20 PM   #465
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Well a cousin-lusting dispshit could see the logic behind the vote you just cast Blade. Sadly I'm not that kind of sicko, so maybe you could tell me why you're voting for Raiders at this point. I mean the guy did sort of put saldana under the initial pressure that caused him to crack.
Kind of like the big fight/accusations that occured between hoops and i during the treasure hunter game? Where he tried to damn me, i tried to damn him, and we were both bad. I died, came up bad, and hoops went on to victory?

That kind of pressure?
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:22 PM   #466
Blade6119
Coordinator

dola, he was one of the cleared, he was the one most against saldana, and hes a vet...all 3 would be great criteria for a convert if saldana was an original...do you not think so?
Demotivation
Old 04-17-2006, 10:31 PM   #467
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
dola, he was one of the cleared, he was the one most against saldana, and hes a vet...all 3 would be great criteria for a convert if saldana was an original...do you not think so?

We haven't converted since Saldana just died.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 10:32 PM   #468
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
Im talking night one...everyone assumes he was an original thing, and if so then converting raiders night one makes sense to me
Demotivation
Old 04-17-2006, 10:32 PM   #469
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Just some quick thougts before I go to bed.

I would definitley like to test Barkeep at somepoint, just because he is acting so goddamn strange. I think he is good, but would like have it confirmed. However, I do not think now is the best time to do so, perhaps tommorrow or the day after.

I think hoops is clear until this evening. If he did throw saldana under the train then he's either got balls of steel or an acorn for a brain (possibly both). I just do not see it as very likely.

I think today's second vote should go on someone who hasn't said much as of yet as they strike me as the likely type for converstions. Possibly Mckerny or penywise. This is not final, just some musings.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 10:35 PM   #470
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Im talking night one...everyone assumes he was an original thing, and if so then converting raiders night one makes sense to me

Ahhh...I see.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:39 PM   #471
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Ahhh...I see.
Back in X-com WW, i was the alien leader...day one hoops(my first game) was on to me, so we had neon chaos convert him. Second day i got voted and went down as a bad guy, but the team used hoopsguy to come soo close to a a victory except for that backstabbing fouts...i hate fouts...hes sooo stupid....what was i talking about? Oh, ok...well, that game is just what could be happening here...id say its raiders or a quiet player, but who knows
Demotivation
Old 04-17-2006, 10:39 PM   #472
JeeberD
General Manager

I gotta agree with much tangle's thoughts. Barkeep needs to be tested sooner or later, though his track record is looking really good right now. And I'm also thinking that a quieter person would be a good candidate to have been converted.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 10:59 PM   #473
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Despite the fact I am on it, I'm going to resume my trust of hoops, and go with his list for Vote 2. The winner? WVUFan. He almost ALWAYS successfully comes in under the radar, and would be a smart case for the first conversion.

Vote WVUFan
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 02:24 AM   #474
mckerney
Coordinator

Vote Dubb
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 03:45 AM   #475
Blade6119
Coordinator

So anyone around tonight for a discussion? Hoops, BK? Dubb is usually on in like 2 hours...im bored, and i want to get back into my talkative groove...ive been wayyy to quiet
Demotivation
Old 04-18-2006, 04:04 AM   #476
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Back in X-com WW, i was the alien leader...day one hoops(my first game) was on to me, so we had neon chaos convert him. Second day i got voted and went down as a bad guy, but the team used hoopsguy to come soo close to a a victory except for that backstabbing fouts...i hate fouts...hes sooo stupid....what was i talking about? Oh, ok...well, that game is just what could be happening here...id say its raiders or a quiet player, but who knows

"Every baller on the streets is searchin' fortune and fame
Some come up, some get done up, except the twist
If you out for mega cheddar, you got to go high risk
Don't hate the player, hate the game"

Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 05:09 AM   #477
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Mostly Trusted:
Mckerney (3rd vote on Saldana)
Raiders (Scientist Day 1, voted for Thing on Day 2, posted relatively late and didn't move away from Thing in 5-4 vote)
Cronin (targeted by Thing yesterday)
I voted for saldana both days.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 05:11 AM   #478
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Who's we?
Old 04-18-2006, 05:13 AM   #479
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
i hope this game lasts a while, just so i can keep reading Barkeep's rants. he's freakin hilarious...is there actually a character in the movie that acts like that?
Everyone seems to think he's Childs, but Childs didn't swear that much. He's more like Dr. Blair when he's tearing up the radios with an axe.
Old 04-18-2006, 05:17 AM   #480
hoopsguy
General Manager

Top of the morning, Raiders.

Early votes are pretty spread out:
Hoopsguy - Dubb (433)
Tanglewood - Anxiety (447)
Raiders - Blade (463)
WVU - Coffee (473)
Dubb - mckerney (474)
Old 04-18-2006, 05:19 AM   #481
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Maybe we should look at this whole thing as a freebie vote. While I'd certainly like to get a Thing, at the very least we'll clear someone. In that respect, I'm not sure that going for an Under the Radar guy will help us as much as going for someone who's more verbose. The counter to that argument is that if we vote for someone who's verbose (Barkeep and hoops look like the logical candidates) then we're probably only sure they're human then and are in the same boat the next voting cycle.

Chances are, we won't get a Thing. I'm all for validating what Barkeep has done so far.

VOTE BARKEEP49
Old 04-18-2006, 05:21 AM   #482
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Hell, I'll switch my vote to me to avoid a tie as well. At least you guys will know I'm on the side of angels.

Anyhow, another thing we have to sort of think about is that whomever we test for the 2nd test (if they turn out to be human) has a huge target on their back for conversion. Hopefully the bodyguard role is out there as well.
Old 04-18-2006, 05:22 AM   #483
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm leaning towards joining CW on a vote for WVUfan right now. He fits the profile of where I would probably have gone with a Day 1 conversion (historically quiet player, chance to hit a special role while playing from ahead).

But if he does end up being the convert I'll be a little disappointed. To the best of my knowledge, he wasn't in this thread yesterday. I would hope that in a 5-4 vote that a wolf would at least show up and try to impact the game (assuming real life didn't throw a serious curveball).
Old 04-18-2006, 08:28 AM   #484
JeeberD
General Manager

I'm still disturbed that Barkeep claims that he knows that Qwik was a thing despite there being no other proof that he was. I would think if a Thing was lit on fire it would start to change before it died. Of course, in Schmidty's description we can only see human arms and legs, so other parts of it might have started to change...I dunno. Still, I think that we need to clear Barkeep one way or another...

Vote Barkeep

Old 04-18-2006, 09:01 AM   #485
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Oh let's be clear football fucker: what I saw left it quite clear that Qwik is a Shitface. How I knew to find him as a Shitface? Well that's not something that can be explained at this point, especially after a similar method netted us another Shitface.
Old 04-18-2006, 09:38 AM   #486
path12
Coordinator

Apparently it seems too obvious to everyone else, but sometimes that's the best way to hide.....convert Jeeber after the first test.

VOTE JEEBER
Old 04-18-2006, 09:40 AM   #487
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Let's take an early look at the vote count:

Hoops - Dubb
Tanglewood - Anxiety
Raiders - Blade
WVU - Coffee
Dubb - Mckerney
Barkeep - Raiders, Jeeber
Jeeber - Path

Left to vote: Barkeep, hoops, Blade, cronin, Swaggs, WVU

So far it's looking like a Day 1 vote to me.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 04-18-2006 at 09:41 AM.
Old 04-18-2006, 09:43 AM   #488
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok I think it's time we stop adding more people with 1 vote and start to consolodate votes a bit. I really think voting for me is a mistake and a waste of time, but I understand and accept that votes are likely to consolodate on me. Taking a look at the 7 with votes already I would be happy to vote for WVU, Jeeber in my first tier with Dubb and Raiders in my second tier of preference.
Old 04-18-2006, 09:44 AM   #489
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
I really think voting for me is a mistake and a waste of time

I feel the exact same way, but I know that there's no way that I can prove to you that I'm still clean...

Old 04-18-2006, 09:45 AM   #490
Swaggs
Coordinator

I can't wait to see Barkeep's "job description" when this is over.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 10:07 AM   #491
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
I can't wait to see Barkeep's "job description" when this is over.
Doesn't look like you're still around but I would love to hear where you're at.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:12 AM   #492
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Doesn't look like you're still around but I would love to hear where you're at.

Huh?
Old 04-18-2006, 10:16 AM   #493
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Huh?
Who do you think looks good at the moment? Who are you leaning towards voting for? Any observations or insight is what I mean when I said "where you're at"
Old 04-18-2006, 10:20 AM   #494
Swaggs
Coordinator

ah.. when you said "doesn't look like you aren't around anymore," I thought you meant that I got killed or something.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:21 AM   #495
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
ah.. when you said "doesn't look like you aren't around anymore," I thought you meant that I got killed or something.
Nope I meant that you weren't listed as a Currently Active User Viewing This Thread

So now that we've straightened that out where you at?

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 04-18-2006 at 10:22 AM.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:38 AM   #496
Swaggs
Coordinator

For starters, I initially trusted Blade and Raiders because they also appeared to be brilliant (and Raiders has a pretty good voting history), before others realized what that might mean. I also think dubb was initially a simple scientist, like myself. Of course, all four of us become subject to scrutiny after hoopsguy pointed this out.

I also believe that you (Barkeep49) are not a Thing, based both on votes and the night kill.

Since I have no special powers or insight, that leaves me looking at voting patterns and past tests. Right now, I am leaning towards voting for Jeeber. He was cleared early on, but has made some suspicious votes since then. He also makes sense as a conversion target, since he was cleared. If I had to vote right now, it would be for Jeeber.

I am hoping that, as the day goes on, someone a little more specilized might reveal some clues that could help.
Old 04-18-2006, 12:16 PM   #497
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Who's we?

we would be the game as a whole, but if you seriously feel it was some kind of stupid slip-up, by all means vote me for, but I warn you, it would kind of like voting for the green party candidate in the presidential race. You would be throwing your vote away.
Old 04-18-2006, 12:36 PM   #498
st.cronin
General Manager

Vote Raider's Army

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 12:37 PM   #499
saldana
Pro Starter

being dead on day 2 sucks...now i know how alan t feels every game.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 12:42 PM   #500
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
being dead on day 2 sucks...now i know how alan t feels every game.
I have liked being killed early since it'll give me a chance to recharge my WW batteries. Of course since we had a month to do so, if you hadn't been a baddie I'd feel some sympathy for you.