Grizzled Veteran

LOL, Barkeep is the man.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 08:12 PM   #202
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Ok I haven't read this thread, so perhaps I will regret this later, but I want to get it out there: I am the hunter. I will be killing someone tonight.

EDIT -- To clarify my role isn't called that, but it's essentially what I am.
are you even playing? seriously, are you in the game...i know you said you tried to be, but i didnt know if schmidty squeezed you in.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 08:13 PM   #203
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok read the thread. Much easier then expected. Schmidty is having me replace Pennywise. As stated earlier I will be killing somebody tonight.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 08:15 PM   #204
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
I find the wording on this pretty funny. So are we just supposed to sit back and wait for you to kill someone? And why would you choose tonight where you have absolutely no information to go on?
Because it takes a possible thing conversion out of the game. Because it generates some discussion in this thread.

Because I'm not going to sit around and shit away my power to kill one of you mother fuckers.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:18 PM   #205
hoopsguy
General Manager

Let's see if this works ...
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 08:19 PM   #207
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Hooookay.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 08:21 PM   #208
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Unvote Jeebs, President of the TO Fanclub

Vote Barkeep

I wanna see if you are on the up and up.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:23 PM   #209
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Of course, it's after 9pm so it doesn't really matter. Heh.

Stupid EST
Old 04-13-2006, 08:24 PM   #210
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Because it takes a possible thing conversion out of the game. Because it generates some discussion in this thread.

Because I'm not going to sit around and shit away my power to kill one of you mother fuckers.

My bad you aren't Chuck; you are this guy

"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 08:24 PM   #211
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Oh the dead body will tell you that I'm on the up and up.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:25 PM   #212
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Oh the dead body will tell you that I'm on the up and up.

"but I'm trying /hard/ to be the shepherd"
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 04-13-2006, 08:29 PM   #213
Barkeep49
Coordinator

So what you're pumpkin?
Old 04-13-2006, 08:31 PM   #214
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Schmidty can you confirm what you get a moment that I'm actually in the game and just not cockslapping these guys?
Old 04-13-2006, 08:33 PM   #215
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
So what you're pumpkin?

huh?
Old 04-13-2006, 08:43 PM   #216
Schmidty
Coordinator

After much debate, many arguments, and accusations, you are totally unable to come to a decision. There doesn't seem to be any logical reason to test anyone, but you realize that someone needs to be the first to be tested. Frustration starts to morph into anger, and various shouting matches break out.

"Test me."

You all turn toward the only silent person throughout this whole debate: JeeberD. One of you incredulously asks, "Why in the world would you want to be tested?"

"Why in the world wouldn't I want to be tested? I'm clean. I highly doubt that all of you are one of these things, so I'm suprised that you're even arguing about being tested - Unless you have something to hide."

JeeberD sits down at the table, grabs the syringe, and draws some blood. He pours the blood into the petri dish, heats a piece of wire with the blow torch, and quickly rams it into the dish.

Nothing.

JeeberD is obviously not one of those monsters.

Night actions are due by 9 a.m. EST.

saldana (2)- dubb, Raiders Army
JeeberD (4)- Blade, Coffee Warlord, st. cronin, WVUFAN
Coffee Warlord (2)- JeeberD, mckerney
tanglewood (1) - Anxiety
dubb - (1) saldana
st. cronin (2) - path12, hoopsguy
path12 - (2) tanglewood, Swaggs
hoopsguy (1) - Qwikshot
Old 04-13-2006, 08:48 PM   #217
Barkeep49
Coordinator

My kill is in and now the clock of life be tickin'
Old 04-13-2006, 08:55 PM   #218
hoopsguy
General Manager

Well, guess that eliminates the need to have that as a topic of discussion while we wait for morning.

Hope you hit either a Thing or a Thing target. Based on the initial list we started building I think you have a much better shot with a Night 1 kill than most games.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:52 PM   #219
JeeberD
General Manager

I told you SOBs that I'm clean...

Dude, Schmidty...it's a freakin' razor blade to the thumb!

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 11:13 PM   #220
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Is there any evidence that Barkeep is in this game? I'm been waiting for confirmation and I see nothing. Kind of hard to play when you don't know who is in the damn game.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:35 PM   #221
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
I told you SOBs that I'm clean...

Dude, Schmidty...it's a freakin' razor blade to the thumb!

I have to be honest - I've watched the movie 4 or 5 times, but I haven't seen it in like 3 years, so I was winging it.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:36 PM   #222
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Is there any evidence that Barkeep is in this game? I'm been waiting for confirmation and I see nothing. Kind of hard to play when you don't know who is in the damn game.

MY fault for not totally confirming it, although it hasn't affected anything, as he didn't replace pennywise until after the deadline.

Barkeep has replaced pennywise.
Old 04-14-2006, 12:09 AM   #223
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
MY fault for not totally confirming it, although it hasn't affected anything, as he didn't replace pennywise until after the deadline.

Barkeep has replaced pennywise.

No problem, I wasn't aware when he replaced Penny. Thanks for confirming it. Can't wait to see how Barkeep plays his role.
Old 04-14-2006, 03:34 AM   #224
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I find the wording on this pretty funny. So are we just supposed to sit back and wait for you to kill someone?
Ummm, i hate to break it to you but we can't really do a damn thing to stop him. Though if i was around(which i wont be much until this weekend), he would have been my vote as he may be a thing that knows he can kill tonight. Sorry to waste a lynch on ya jeebs, and now make you a top suspect tomorrow. My vote that started it was all for fun between mods, didnt really expect you to get the vote.

As for the brilliant thing, here was my post(the first to mention brilliant):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Another game, another time for you all to be in reverance of how brilliant i am

I got it in my PM, i didnt see schmidty lay out any rules against using it as a code to find get on a few trust lists at first. I never saw the other players post the brilliant thing(someone want to quote them all for me). Hoops seemed to just grasp on to the idea, where as dubb and raiders knew what they were talking about. Either way, i think today was a very bad day. I was hoping(damn you raiders) no one would say it out loud, but just see it and go about their days. Now, we have made the Things job far easier and ours far more difficult. They have a couple confirmed villagers, and a couple not. Depending on which way they want to go, either way their job just got a lot easier. Damn you all
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html

Last edited by Blade6119 : 04-14-2006 at 03:49 AM.
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 03:59 AM   #225
Blade6119
Coordinator

Dola, the one bright spot left is that there are other parts of the PM yet discussed we can still use as a clue if needed. But really, after one conversion that whole key will fall to us. So do you all want to use the other parts of the PM tonight/in the morning? It might at first give us a group to look at. Hell, use it to clear all the villagers we can, and then look at the group of around 6(2-3 things) and just test away
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 04-14-2006, 05:04 AM   #226
Blade6119
Coordinator

Double Dola, this may be a black hole, a vortex, the end of the world as we know it. Schmidty is the top poster in a WW thread and im nowhere near the top. What is the world coming to Just joking, not attacking you schmidty!!!
Demotivation
Old 04-14-2006, 05:21 AM   #227
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
I got it in my PM, i didnt see schmidty lay out any rules against using it as a code to find get on a few trust lists at first. I never saw the other players post the brilliant thing(someone want to quote them all for me). Hoops seemed to just grasp on to the idea, where as dubb and raiders knew what they were talking about. Either way, i think today was a very bad day. I was hoping(damn you raiders) no one would say it out loud, but just see it and go about their days. Now, we have made the Things job far easier and ours far more difficult. They have a couple confirmed villagers, and a couple not. Depending on which way they want to go, either way their job just got a lot easier. Damn you all
Maybe I need to reread the whole thread, but...

1. I don't understand how we've made their job far easier and our far more difficult. Wouldn't they know who they are? Maybe I'm getting the tradditional rules of WW mixed up with what's happening now.

2. As I said before, I didn't put too much stock into the whole thing...although I find saldana's reaction interesting. FWIW, I keyed in on saldana's "regular" and not WVUFan's "clean" because "clean" was used in the post right before WVUFan's checking in post. I also see that I missed a few things with some other stuff that hoops pointed out. *shrug* Didn't mean to start a storm with my comment. Again, I wasn't too sure of what I saw, but barring nothing else to go on day 1, that's what I went with.

I'll keep silent with some other thoughts until after the night cycle.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 06:23 AM   #228
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
1. I don't understand how we've made their job far easier and our far more difficult. Wouldn't they know who they are? Maybe I'm getting the tradditional rules of WW mixed up with what's happening now
As hoops stated, its a pretty darn safe bet that our seer/special roles got unique PMs...so by us stating this, it takes a nice big chunk(smaller game this time around) out of potential players with a special role...so major blow in my mind
Demotivation
Old 04-14-2006, 06:29 AM   #229
hoopsguy
General Manager

What we have made easier for the things is that they have an idea who the "simple" villagers are, so they can either look to convert them or go after the other villagers who are not known vanilla scientists, in hopes of getting at one of the special roles.

Lets say you are the bodyguard (assuming there is one in this game) - who do you protect last night? The guy who tested clean in Jeeber would make a good option. But so would Dubb, Blade, or any of the others who have vouched for being simple scientists. If there were just 1-2 of these people then you wouldn't have as many choices - just as the "Things" wouldn't have as many clear choices. But with you, me, and Swaggs also as part of the "brilliant" club there are now six people to consider for the protect.

If it has not been posted in the thread perhaps the "Things" would not have picked up on it. But those of us who got that in their PM would have filed this information away and had our own internal trust lists to start working with for Day 1 and beyond - basically until the "Things" picked up on it on their own. I know Dubb thinks that is what I did (and Blade seems receptive to this idea as well) but that isn't the case. I was just a little less direct in publishing this information early.

Of course, if the "seer" buys into the brilliant group, then we have given him a more narrow list to look at for Night 1 so it does cut both ways in that respect as well ...

In terms of trying to use the rest of the PM as ongoing code, I think that our group has already been compromised - this assumes a conversion on Night 1. But I'll play along if that is the direction that people want to go.

Jeebs had posted another word in one of his posts that was in the PM. That, coupled with the lack of late action, made me pretty confident that he would show up scientist. There is one other person who posted a word from the PM. It could be completely random (for both this person and Jeebs) but the fact that they were the only people using these words made me put them on a lesser trust list for Day 1.

FWIW, my vote for Cronin reflected the fact that he was not one of the people to use any of the words in the PM.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:11 AM   #230
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well one of you sons of bitches is dead and all I can say is good riddances to that abomination. Don't want to say more as morning actions haven't been officially posted.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:13 AM   #231
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Well one of you sons of bitches is dead and all I can say is good riddances to that abomination. Don't want to say more as morning actions haven't been officially posted.
Damn you, i didnt want to die yet...
Demotivation
Old 04-14-2006, 07:15 AM   #232
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
What we have made easier for the things is that they have an idea who the "simple" villagers are, so they can either look to convert them or go after the other villagers who are not known vanilla scientists, in hopes of getting at one of the special roles.

Lets say you are the bodyguard (assuming there is one in this game) - who do you protect last night? The guy who tested clean in Jeeber would make a good option. But so would Dubb, Blade, or any of the others who have vouched for being simple scientists. If there were just 1-2 of these people then you wouldn't have as many choices - just as the "Things" wouldn't have as many clear choices. But with you, me, and Swaggs also as part of the "brilliant" club there are now six people to consider for the protect.

If it has not been posted in the thread perhaps the "Things" would not have picked up on it. But those of us who got that in their PM would have filed this information away and had our own internal trust lists to start working with for Day 1 and beyond - basically until the "Things" picked up on it on their own. I know Dubb thinks that is what I did (and Blade seems receptive to this idea as well) but that isn't the case. I was just a little less direct in publishing this information early.

Of course, if the "seer" buys into the brilliant group, then we have given him a more narrow list to look at for Night 1 so it does cut both ways in that respect as well ...

In terms of trying to use the rest of the PM as ongoing code, I think that our group has already been compromised - this assumes a conversion on Night 1. But I'll play along if that is the direction that people want to go.

Jeebs had posted another word in one of his posts that was in the PM. That, coupled with the lack of late action, made me pretty confident that he would show up scientist. There is one other person who posted a word from the PM. It could be completely random (for both this person and Jeebs) but the fact that they were the only people using these words made me put them on a lesser trust list for Day 1.

FWIW, my vote for Cronin reflected the fact that he was not one of the people to use any of the words in the PM.
My point about the PM is it wont be compromised until the night actions are processed...but since no one is around it doesnt do much good, as i imagine it will become compromised early in the morning
Demotivation
Old 04-14-2006, 07:17 AM   #233
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm very amused by the salty Barkeep - wonder if it is something in the role PM or if he is just playing angry this game to mix things up?
Old 04-14-2006, 08:18 AM   #234
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

It's gonna hugely suck if he kills me.
Old 04-14-2006, 08:45 AM   #235
JeeberD
General Manager

Barkeep has got to be Childs...he was always a mean SOB.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 08:54 AM   #236
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well I had been hoping results would be posted before I have to leave. They're not. I killed a thing last night. Guarenteed.

As I know I'm still not a thing I'm going to

Vote Hoopsguy

I don't know when this vote deadline is going to be. If my luck doesn't completely suck I will be out though until either right around it or even after it. Good luck to you mofos.
Old 04-14-2006, 08:57 AM   #237
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
As hoops stated, its a pretty darn safe bet that our seer/special roles got unique PMs...so by us stating this, it takes a nice big chunk(smaller game this time around) out of potential players with a special role...so major blow in my mind
Gotcha. I'm not sure if I'd take too much stock in the original PM. My first thought at seeing brilliant was that I had a hidden ability. Obviously that isn't so with so many people getting the same words.
Old 04-14-2006, 08:58 AM   #238
Raiders Army
Coordinator

hoops is a good choice. If I were a Thing, I'd want to convert him as soon as possible.

Depending on what happens in the night actions, I'd think that the two biggest candidates for conversion would be Jeebs and hoops.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:14 AM   #239
hoopsguy
General Manager

Here are my thought processes on the vote today - keep in mind that I'm putting these out without any knowledge of night actions so I'm hoping that there is no real reason to question my motives in posting here:

1. We probably started out with multiple things (not 100% sure, but would be a pretty weak game if there was only one and we get lucky on Day 1 before he can convert)
2. We have an initial circle of trust from the "brilliant" clue plus Jeebs being picked out
3. We only have 16 people in the game

I would rather take a shot at an original "Thing" with the initial vote than try to guess who would have been converted.

Suspicion List: St. Cronin, Tanglewood, Path12, Saldana, Qwikshot, Barkeep
, mckerney, Coffee, Anxiety, and WVUFan

I don't have all of these guys weighted equally in terms of suspicion, but I'm pretty confident that I will fire my vote towards someone in this group, barring a seer reveal or some equally compelling evidence.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:22 AM   #240
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I agree with your logic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
I would rather take a shot at an original "Thing" with the initial vote than try to guess who would have been converted.

I agree with this as well since it's going to be waaaaaaay easier to pick off an original Thing instead of someone who was converted. This leads me to believe that there is no way they can convert someone every night. If they did, that would weight the game too much in favor of the Things. Every time we would catch an orginal Thing, they would have converted someone the night prior. So I would guess that maybe we have a little more of a window in terms of trusting people.

Let's say they're playing by tradditional WW rules. I would guess that they couldn't convert someone on Night 0, but could convert someone last night. I'm thinking that whoever we vote to be tested today would be good for tomorrow as well. Thoughts?
Old 04-14-2006, 09:24 AM   #241
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Hmmm...maybe the balance is that we can test two people if we catch a Thing on the first test. Still, I think the game would be too unbalanced if they could convert someone every night.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:26 AM   #242
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
I agree with this as well since it's going to be waaaaaaay easier to pick off an original Thing instead of someone who was converted.

We do have the ability to test a second person if we catch a thing, so maybe the best idea for now would be to try and go for an original at first, then a possible convert if we get one.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 09:46 AM   #243
saldana
Pro Starter

1. i like the idea of looking for the orginal first, this is what i was talking about trying to do about 150 posts ago when i said we could run the table on the things in one night, depending on how many there are

2. regarding my reaction to RA,vanyone that has played enough of these games with me will see a familiarity with what i had to say and how i said it...the logic was deeply flawed, and i cant stand people basing their decisions on flawed logic...it irritates the crap out of me, not to mention that outing something like that on the first day is a bad move...iirc, the survivors kept it under their hats for 3 days and it worked alot more in their favor.

3. i will be out most of the day, driving to baltimore.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:57 AM   #244
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Question - Are we on pause for the weekend or not?
Old 04-14-2006, 10:01 AM   #245
saldana
Pro Starter

i'm assuming schmidty will tell us that when he posts the night and gives us the day deadline.
Old 04-14-2006, 10:14 AM   #246
st.cronin
General Manager

I'm just a scientist, guys.

I haven't really gotten my head around this game yet.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 10:20 AM   #247
path12
Coordinator

As for the brilliant thing in the PM's, I didn't mention it because I'm in the camp that it's a little unbalancing. The main issue in the game as I see it is that once someone is cleared they can become converted that night.

I think the key is in the double vote days. For instance, if we can bag a thing on the first vote I'd go for one of the cleared people on the second in order to stop the spread.
Old 04-14-2006, 12:15 PM   #248
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
As for the brilliant thing in the PM's, I didn't mention it because I'm in the camp that it's a little unbalancing. The main issue in the game as I see it is that once someone is cleared they can become converted that night.

I think the key is in the double vote days. For instance, if we can bag a thing on the first vote I'd go for one of the cleared people on the second in order to stop the spread.

I also didn't put anything in my first post as I see it as a kind of meta-gaming. No tthe more serious kind which I think people should be removed from playing for, but a slightly grey area over gaming ethics if it should be allowed IMHO.

Of course another reason is that I don't think it's all that usefull as major proponents want to make out. Firstly, it's quite possible that the Things can latch onto a group early on, an expereinced player could pick up on certain phrases or words and drop them into his post. Then we have 'cleared' a Thing for nothing more than doing a good job of straightowardly imitating someone else (I believe that a few games ago Blade complained that a wolf, AlanT IIRC, did this, simply imitating his posting style and use of phrase, thus Blade cleared him). Another is that it's not necessarily true that we all got the same PM, nor can we be certain that everything in our PM was not sent to the Things also. Of course, if the Things got the info in our PM then it all goes to hell as they jump in the 'cleared' group and all of us are pretty much walking blind. In that not unlikely scenario it's more helpful to [i]not[/i ] mention PMs at all.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 12:27 PM   #249
Schmidty
Coordinator

THERE WILL BE NO MORE DISCUSSION OF PMs IN ANY FORM IN THIS GAME.

I thought you guys would know that, since it was considered dishonorable after the Lost game.

Last edited by Schmidty : 04-14-2006 at 01:15 PM.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 01:15 PM   #250
Schmidty
Coordinator

You are soundly asleep when one of you wakes you all up, and points out the fact that there's a definite smell of burning flesh in the air. You all head out toward the smell, but you don't have to go far before you notice wisps of some coming from the door to the kennel.

Inside you find a large black mass of burning flesh. At first, you assume it's a dog, but when you get closer you see that although having almost been reduce to cinders, there are what resemble the arms and legs of a human.

You quickly take stock of who's around you, and realize that Qwikshot is no where to be found.

This is not a good way to start the day.