Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-30-2006, 12:29 PM   #451
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
You mean like last game when we pieced together a COT by day 2 that included 6 people, all of whom were good. Ya, that didnt work because of beliefs like this. The earlier the better. The longer the game goes, the less trust we can put into them, as its more likely they have been converted or infiltrated.

Fozzie, care to share any ideas about GE since your two roles are soo similar in nature?

If his role is similar to mine as I believe it is, he'd be a rather useful guy to have around, IF he's not converted/been a bad guy from the start.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:31 PM   #452
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

im going to put some heat on the lurkers who try to hide

Vote Chief Rum
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 12:32 PM   #453
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
Is anyone up to speed on the mythology of this "universe?" It is pretty confusing to me so far, especially considering I had to play catch up after yesterday's busy day, so I didn't really get to experience things in real-time.

Without giving too much away, I feel like the roles/traits may be related, but I am curious to see if we have any 40,000 experts that may know a little bit more.

Not a clue. the more complicated the game the more i just focus on my own role
Old 08-30-2006, 12:32 PM   #454
twothree
College Prospect

Also, here is another wiki about Warhammer 40K

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000
twothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 12:32 PM   #455
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Check out the link i posted. Its a wikipedia basically, but entirely comprised of 40k information. Getting back story on many of the roles really helped me, as ive never played the game and its hard getting adjusted to the roles.

I must have missed it when I was catching up, but I'll check it out when I get a chance after work. I actually did read about the Blood Angels a bit on wiki yesterday b/c the link came up when I googled them to try to find a picture (to see if my guy looked like he could whip Chief's guy ). Quite a bit on the Blood Angels, so I imagine there is a ton on the universe in general.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 12:33 PM   #456
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Now that's interesting, bullet.. you think that with the amount of public information available if you do research (the roles), the quieter folks could be trying to slip "under the radar"?
Old 08-30-2006, 12:33 PM   #457
Blade6119
Coordinator

Im out for awhile...be back in around 4 hours id say, give or take....id love to hear from GE in that time, or someone present any ideas against someone else
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 12:34 PM   #458
Blade6119
Coordinator

Again, since it was back on page 3

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:35 PM   #459
Swaggs
Coordinator

I think GE's votes without description and the switches were a bit peculiar, but I'm not ready to hang him over it.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:37 PM   #460
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Alright, I will try to provide a little more clarification on what my role is.

In the post where I killed Daddy Torgo, it said that I smelled chaos. I was just role playing on that a bit. RealDeal was nothing more than a gut feeling. I did not 'see' anything on him.

I do not about SirFozzie and his role and if ours are similar. It is simply my role to kill off all the chaos and to protect the Imperor. That is what I am planning on doing throughout the game.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:44 PM   #461
Swaggs
Coordinator

Alright fellas, I am out until after 5:00.

Try to keep it under 10 pages for me to catch up on.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:49 PM   #462
twothree
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle
I do not about SirFozzie and his role and if ours are similar. It is simply my role to kill off all the chaos and to protect the Imperor. That is what I am planning on doing throughout the game.

That is why it will be hard for any of the rest of us to vote for either you or SirFozzie. Your role makes it sound like you hunt chaos, and SirFozzie's role makes it sound like he hunts mutants. I doubt I will ever vote for either one of the two of you. Unless, and I am just throwing this out as I don't really believe it...

Really Really Bad Hypothesis: SirFozzie is a chaos lord who loves to hunt mutants, and Goldeneagle is a mutant who loves to hunt chaos. Just a possibility, but I really don't believe it would make for a good game of werewolf, so it probably is not correct.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:09 PM   #463
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I obviously play 40K. If anyone has any specific questions, I'll try to help out.

Personally, I'm trying not to have this game = the 40K universe because I'd hope the game wouldn't turn out to be that 'easy'. For example (and I'm not suggesting anything here but, just using an example) the Space Wolves have a legion called the 13th Company that pursued a Chaos Legion into the Warp and were lost. Long story short, the 13th Company has Marines that are werewolves. Using this, I would then translate this to believe that maybe the Space Wolves were/are sympathetic to Mutants given the circumstances of some of their members.

Granted, if you start along that path then everyone will have assumptions in my mind about them just based upon their roles and the 40K universe.

Then again... maybe it is that easy...
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 01:20 PM   #464
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
i'm interested to see if anyone knows anything about last night....why isnt anyone dead...there are 3 possibilites

1. path is the only person that can kill at night and couldnt because he was in jail (extremely unlikely)

2. there was an attack that was somehow repelled (someone should have info)

3. there was a conversion (we are not likely to get any information)

VOTE SALDANA

I've seen this type of post and made this type of post as a bad guy before. The bad guy "knowing" what happened at night is throwing out ideas making him look good by trying to figure out what happened. While in actuality he is hoping that someone spills some information that would be beneficial to his side.

This is just a hunch, but it is the strongest one I have so far.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:23 PM   #465
st.cronin
General Manager

I think the mythology of the game has the potential to be misleading, although I don't know for sure.

I am troubled that twothree has voted with me two days running.

UNVOTE KINGFC

VOTE TWOTHREE

I do not have any ability to kill people at night. I would like some discussion on bulletsponge's claims - are we taking his reveal at face value?

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 01:24 PM   #466
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
VOTE SALDANA

I've seen this type of post and made this type of post as a bad guy before. The bad guy "knowing" what happened at night is throwing out ideas making him look good by trying to figure out what happened. While in actuality he is hoping that someone spills some information that would be beneficial to his side.

this is the same reason im voting for Rummy, hes acting the same way he did last game when he was a wolf
Old 08-30-2006, 01:25 PM   #467
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

dola

granted Chief rum works all day, but even his posts seem to be the same
Old 08-30-2006, 01:34 PM   #468
twothree
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
I think the mythology of the game has the potential to be misleading, although I don't know for sure.

I am troubled that twothree has voted with me two days running.

UNVOTE KINGFC

VOTE TWOTHREE

I do not have any ability to kill people at night. I would like some discussion on bulletsponge's claims - are we taking his reveal at face value?

Hmmm...on day 1, I was the first to vote for Anxiety and then you followed my lead.

unvote kingfc

vote st. cronin
Old 08-30-2006, 01:43 PM   #469
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang
I obviously play 40K. If anyone has any specific questions, I'll try to help out.

Personally, I'm trying not to have this game = the 40K universe because I'd hope the game wouldn't turn out to be that 'easy'. For example (and I'm not suggesting anything here but, just using an example) the Space Wolves have a legion called the 13th Company that pursued a Chaos Legion into the Warp and were lost. Long story short, the 13th Company has Marines that are werewolves. Using this, I would then translate this to believe that maybe the Space Wolves were/are sympathetic to Mutants given the circumstances of some of their members.

Granted, if you start along that path then everyone will have assumptions in my mind about them just based upon their roles and the 40K universe.

Then again... maybe it is that easy...
From what i read though, the primarchs in the 4k universe are all dead or missing. Most died during some revolt i read about. SO obviously its not totally dependent on the world.
Demotivation
Old 08-30-2006, 01:45 PM   #470
twothree
College Prospect

dola

and you did it after first voting for BrianD. Then asking if anyone thought you should switch your vote. and then finally voting with me on a "gut" feeling for Anxiety, whom I selected randomly. And, now you think I deserve a vote because I agreed with you today just like I did yesterday?????????

I am neither chaos or a mutant. I am a loyal member of the Imperium and a loyal follower of the Emperor.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:50 PM   #471
Blade6119
Coordinator

hey fouts, lets hear what you think about today
Demotivation
Old 08-30-2006, 01:51 PM   #472
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
VOTE SALDANA

i only have a second while my boss is in a meeting, but i wanted to answer this...you are right king, i am fishing. i have reason to believe one of my 3 things happened last night, and to this point, i am pretty sure which one....i just wanted to wait a bit to see if the person i was waiting on would say anything first, and since he hasnt, i believe he was converted last night.

vote blade
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 01:52 PM   #473
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Do we have a current vote count?
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 01:53 PM   #474
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
i only have a second while my boss is in a meeting, but i wanted to answer this...you are right king, i am fishing. i have reason to believe one of my 3 things happened last night, and to this point, i am pretty sure which one....i just wanted to wait a bit to see if the person i was waiting on would say anything first, and since he hasnt, i believe he was converted last night.

vote blade
Lets hear what info you think you have, as i wasnt converted last night. Im rather interested in what you think you have, and please be detailed. That way I can call your bluff.

VOTE SALDANA
Demotivation
Old 08-30-2006, 02:00 PM   #475
Blade6119
Coordinator

Come on sal, lay it on me. Lets hear what the big bad wolf has to say about me
Demotivation
Old 08-30-2006, 02:02 PM   #476
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Now things are getting fun.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 02:03 PM   #477
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
VOTE SALDANA

Man I love paranoia. Now trying to figure out who the bad guys are is indication of being a bad guy? I think this might by an attempt to shift blame a little too aggressively. This may change, but for now...

Vote kingfc22
Old 08-30-2006, 02:03 PM   #478
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Now things are getting fun.
Im grinning cheek to cheek, as this is either a really bad mistake by saldana, or we just nailed a bad guy
Demotivation
Old 08-30-2006, 02:06 PM   #479
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Im grinning cheek to cheek, as this is either a really bad mistake by saldana, or we just nailed a bad guy

A bad mistake shouldn't make you grin...
Old 08-30-2006, 02:06 PM   #480
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ok, I will spill some beans. or at least what I think I know.

I'm not honestly sure what Saldana's role is but he and I were able to meet up last night and my PM said I left the discussion with a definite belief that Saldana was not bad. He's definitly not chaos, so Blade throwing the wolf comments at him don't stick.

I didn't have any information in my PM about Blade or anything else, so not sure what Saldana knows here, but If Saldana says he knows something then I'm voting with him.

vote blade
Old 08-30-2006, 02:06 PM   #481
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

HuhWha? Apparently my brain is submerged in tapioca, cuz I don't see what you guys are seeing yet.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:08 PM   #482
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

ok rereading, to be more accurate.. from my PM I am entirely convinced that Saldana is fully devoted to the emperor's cause. So with the lack of anything else I know who the day 2 vote should be.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:08 PM   #483
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD
A bad mistake shouldn't make you grin...
If what alan says is true, then im thinking this isnt some bad mistake. I think this is going to be a nice little battle line drawn shortly, just waiting to hear what saldana says before i proclaim him a wolf for sure
Demotivation
Old 08-30-2006, 02:09 PM   #484
saldana
Pro Starter

my role is basically a witness/spy. i chose to go out last night, and i followed someone to a location where they met with blade. i did not see who the other person was, but since there wasnt a fight, and blade did not get killed, i am concluding that he was converted. i am sure he will have some sort of explanation for this, which i cant wait to see.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:09 PM   #485
twothree
College Prospect

I really don't think st. cronin is chaos even though you voted for me and I replied in kind.

Saldana did lobby hard for our first execution of realdeal, which turned out to be very wrong. This will be my final change to my vote for the day, as I won't be back until after the votes have been tallied.

unvote st. cronin

vote saldana
Old 08-30-2006, 02:09 PM   #486
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
hey fouts, lets hear what you think about today

I think we should lynch blade because he gets villagers killed.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 02:10 PM   #487
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
my role is basically a witness/spy. i chose to go out last night, and i followed someone to a location where they met with blade. i did not see who the other person was, but since there wasnt a fight, and blade did not get killed, i am concluding that he was converted. i am sure he will have some sort of explanation for this, which i cant wait to see.
Total bullocks, but for the purposes of the game id like to know what order you sent. You had to of followed someone, so lets know who it was so i can further draw my trust/distrust lists.
Demotivation
Old 08-30-2006, 02:10 PM   #488
Blade6119
Coordinator

dola, why do you not mention talking to alan at all? your role shouldnt allow that on top of spy, so what happened?
Demotivation
Old 08-30-2006, 02:11 PM   #489
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
I think we should lynch blade because he gets villagers killed.
heres your chance...the two guys who were most against you yesterday are calling each other liars. Saldana has put his cards on the table, as riddled with holes as they may be..i will present mine shortly to make sure this whole game goes spinning
Demotivation
Old 08-30-2006, 02:12 PM   #490
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Ok, I will spill some beans. or at least what I think I know.

I'm not honestly sure what Saldana's role is but he and I were able to meet up last night and my PM said I left the discussion with a definite belief that Saldana was not bad. He's definitly not chaos, so Blade throwing the wolf comments at him don't stick.

I didn't have any information in my PM about Blade or anything else, so not sure what Saldana knows here, but If Saldana says he knows something then I'm voting with him.

vote blade

thanks for your support alan, if you go back to my second post of the day, i was trying to subtley indicate that i got similar inforation about you and that i was pleased to be on the same side with you.

after i spoke with you last night, i left my room and witnessed what i posted above concerning blade. i could be wrong, god knows i was yesterday, but i would love to hear his story for what happened if he wasnt converted.

he reinforced what i thought happened by coming out and voting for GE, who has given every indication that he is on our side, and could be more valuable.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:13 PM   #491
twothree
College Prospect

Quote:

Or blade could be part of a secret group of villagers that can communicate with one another via PM, and has not been touched by chaos or a mutation at all. I find it interesting that you revealed this information now.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:14 PM   #492
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
dola, why do you not mention talking to alan at all? your role shouldnt allow that on top of spy, so what happened?

i didnt go talk to alan, he came to talk to me
Old 08-30-2006, 02:14 PM   #493
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
thanks for your support alan, if you go back to my second post of the day, i was trying to subtley indicate that i got similar inforation about you and that i was pleased to be on the same side with you.

after i spoke with you last night, i left my room and witnessed what i posted above concerning blade. i could be wrong, god knows i was yesterday, but i would love to hear his story for what happened if he wasnt converted.

he reinforced what i thought happened by coming out and voting for GE, who has given every indication that he is on our side, and could be more valuable.
So you first conversed with alan, which you left out of your story before, then went out to spy on someone, but you dont know who, then you followed them to a meeting with me, when i know i wasnt out and about last night...anyone else want to corraborate his story so i can help get you lynched too?
Demotivation
Old 08-30-2006, 02:14 PM   #494
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Well I wasn't suprised you were curious about me, since we were opposite on votes yesterday. I figured I was just going to keep it quiet and start building a CoT quietly without giving people hints to try to kill you at night.

Since it sounds like you have a wolf here though, I figured it worth coming out to back you here. Hope someone can protect you tonight, but getting a wolf on day 2 would be really nice right now.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:14 PM   #495
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Oh bloody hell...
Old 08-30-2006, 02:15 PM   #496
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
heres your chance...the two guys who were most against you yesterday are calling each other liars. Saldana has put his cards on the table, as riddled with holes as they may be..i will present mine shortly to make sure this whole game goes spinning

I hadn't gotten to the reveals when I posted. I find it strange that saldana can meet up with someone, and then follow somebody else. Going to wait for more information.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 02:15 PM   #497
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:

if Blade was "converted" wouldnt he have been attacked at home, not going out to meet his convertors. whats Blades role? maybe his role has him going out at night
Old 08-30-2006, 02:16 PM   #498
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Interesting. Gonna have to think on that.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:16 PM   #499
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
i didnt go talk to alan, he came to talk to me
He seems to indicate otherwise...any other lies for us sal?
Quote:
Well I wasn't suprised you were curious about me, since we were opposite on votes yesterday.
Demotivation
Old 08-30-2006, 02:16 PM   #500
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge
if Blade was "converted" wouldnt he have been attacked at home, not going out to meet his convertors. whats Blades role? maybe his role has him going out at night
My role does not have me go out at night, rest assured of that fact
Demotivation