Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-06-2006, 04:00 PM   #251
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
13 is needed at 5 people. 13 is also needed at 24. 12 would be needed with 23. Etc.

Hope that helps!

-Anxiety

Shouldn't that say 13 is needed at 25 people?
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 04:04 PM   #252
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

UNVOTE DADDY TORGO
VOTE SPLEEN

trying to get something going here
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 04:05 PM   #253
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I don't understand the reference to Saldana nor any reason for voting for me

Saldana was waiting to see who i was voting for, hence his connections. My reason for voting for you is relatively simple. Part of my role-playing, which schmidty was right i knew, was that it would bring criticism upon me. I looked forward to this, seeing who would jump at the chance to take a free day one kill to eliminate me. None pushed harder then you...maybe you really were concerned, but your playing very much like lathum did in the small game we are finishing now. You know what alignment lathum turned out to be
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 04:05 PM   #254
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
I would add Thomkal to the list of those who have been out of site and out of mind.

As I said in first post, I would be gone running errands during the day. And so just for not reading my post.

vote Grammaticus
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 04:06 PM   #255
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

VOTE Neuqua

I have no reason to prefer anybody, so I'd like to keep a run-off going.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 04:09 PM   #256
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
Saldana was waiting to see who i was voting for, hence his connections. My reason for voting for you is relatively simple. Part of my role-playing, which schmidty was right i knew, was that it would bring criticism upon me. I looked forward to this, seeing who would jump at the chance to take a free day one kill to eliminate me. None pushed harder then you...maybe you really were concerned, but your playing very much like lathum did in the small game we are finishing now. You know what alignment lathum turned out to be

Isn't it a little early to misrepresent what I said in the game? I am pretty sure everyone is able to read that I provided information about the Smeagol character from the books for those who were confused and explained a little bit about who it might be. I had plenty of chance to vote for you, and in fact stated I wouldn't be voting for you and would be voting for someone who didn't check in or checked in late.

Since I didn't push to vote for you, or lie about my intentions for my vote, your comment is patently untrue. Or is it just a little too uncomfortable for you that I know the role that you are acting as right now is definitly not on our side, and that while you aren't evil you aren't going to be helping us either?
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 04:11 PM   #257
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

this may be a little OOC but I have a real problem with people voting for neuqua. The point of a run off is to see how people defend themselves. Neq has a serious real life issue and obviously can't defend himself. And even if he is a bad guy he will probably be cut loose at this point so we won't gain any info anyway.

IMO it's bad form to vote him.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:12 PM   #258
Thomkal
Head Coach

I am of two minds when it comes to the vote tonight. Since I was the Day 1 wolf victim in the last game I was in, I feel for the people who get eliminated so early. So I wouldn't mind not having a majority today. But I realize voting records are very important, so we should probably get 1 or 2 people close to the magic number for lynch to see what happens.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:12 PM   #259
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Fair enough, but if he can't participate, then he needs to be replaced ASAP.

UNVOTE Neuqua

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 04:13 PM   #260
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Isn't it a little early to misrepresent what I said in the game? I am pretty sure everyone is able to read that I provided information about the Smeagol character from the books for those who were confused and explained a little bit about who it might be. I had plenty of chance to vote for you, and in fact stated I wouldn't be voting for you and would be voting for someone who didn't check in or checked in late.

Since I didn't push to vote for you, or lie about my intentions for my vote, your comment is patently untrue. Or is it just a little too uncomfortable for you that I know the role that you are acting as right now is definitly not on our side, and that while you aren't evil you aren't going to be helping us either?

You dont know as much as you think alan, so be careful how you tread
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:13 PM   #261
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
Fair enough, but if he can't participate, then he needs to be replaced ASAP.

UNVOTE Neuqua

I KNOW Dodgerchick wants to play
Demotivation
Old 11-06-2006, 04:14 PM   #262
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I don't know much of anything, all I have done is explain the character in the book. Coming out day 1 saying things that aren't true likely will make me suspicious of you the entire game though.

Either you told a lie, or made a mistake. One you can correct, the other you can not
Old 11-06-2006, 04:14 PM   #263
Thomkal
Head Coach

I couldn't agree more Lathum. The votes for Neuqua that came in after the post revealing his family emergency are in very poor taste. Let him survive the day at least, so if he has to drop out an alternate can come in.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:16 PM   #264
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

oh snap!!
Old 11-06-2006, 04:17 PM   #265
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
I couldn't agree more Lathum. The votes for Neuqua that came in after the post revealing his family emergency are in very poor taste. Let him survive the day at least, so if he has to drop out an alternate can come in.

"

Partly why my vote is where it is. new player or not the day is half over for me and no check in sorry, everyone gets a first vote at some point.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 04:18 PM   #266
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
For those who never read the stories, or saw the movies there is a character named Smeagol who suffered from Dissociative identity disorder who had a second personality named Gollum. His disorder came about due to a traumatic experience as a younger hobbit where he killed his relative and best friend over a ring that "called to him".

I've been curious about Blade playing out a Dissociative identity disorder type personality so far this game since Gollum by no means was helpful or friendly in the stories. In fact, he was more of a hinderance than a help for the Fellowship. As is such often with things though, he did in fact play a big part in the final conquering of evil, but it was completely unintentional and driven off of his own greed.

My guess is most likely in a game like this while a Gollum character wouldn't be the main target for the good side to rid themselves of, he is definitly a type of character that we wouldn't want around. So I have been intrigued by Blade playing up such a character.

My initial guess is its either:

1) Blade playing a role to create some votes and keep from getting night killed

or

2) Blade playing an evil role but wanting to come out in a way that doesn't seem an evil role and thus through reverse psychology not get enough votes to be lynched due to appearing to try to get votes to be lynched.
This is the post i was drawing my claims from. In it, you imply im gollum, who was not a friend to the village. You assume i have multiple personalities, which i have not once implied or even hinted at. Then you give two options, while ignoring the true option. Blade got a role that strongly encouraged role-playing...blade is merely playing his role.

So as you lie about what i have said we go round and around
Demotivation
Old 11-06-2006, 04:19 PM   #267
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I'll move my vote off of Neuqua then, but it will be to scoobz instead since he has not checked in. I mainly chose Neuqua since it is who Spleen has his vote on and Spleen seems to be one of the others in the "vote off" right now.

As I said, I didnt like voting for either of them, but since you all think I am tasteless and such, I'll change before the insults fly more. I've been friends with Neuqua for a while, and am praying for his family, I am sure he doesn't care at all right now about what I voted in a game for him. he has bigger things on his mind.

Either way I'll move my vote and still have him and his family in my thoughts.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:19 PM   #268
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
"

Partly why my vote is where it is. new player or not the day is half over for me and no check in sorry, everyone gets a first vote at some point.

and actually re-reading his sign up it appears it might be a bullettsponge issue again.

he never really "joined" just expressed interest in joining.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:21 PM   #269
SnDvls
Pro Starter

dola - might need 2 replacement players

one due to RL issues and one due to never really signing up.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:21 PM   #270
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This is the post i was drawing my claims from. In it, you imply im gollum, who was not a friend to the village. You assume i have multiple personalities, which i have not once implied or even hinted at. Then you give two options, while ignoring the true option. Blade got a role that strongly encouraged role-playing...blade is merely playing his role.

So you haven't been roleplaying that you have a Dissociative identity disorder? Since that is what that post implies.

If you have been roleplaying something else entirely then I will chalk it up as my roleplay ability sucks and I shouldn't bother reading any posts in roleplay.

In no way does option 1 in my post of what you might be doing seem like something bad for the village to me and in fact its what you have said you were doing..

You saying I pushed for your lynch is outright false though.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:22 PM   #271
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Dola,

Since talking to yourself and getting in arguements with yourself is definite signs of a Dissociative identity disorder, I think you are BSing now Blade and distancing from your own roleplay from earlier.

I have no problem with the roleplay, I was simply providing analysis of it as best as I can.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:23 PM   #272
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
"

want to appoligize to scoobz if in fact he didn't truely know he was signed up for this comment. no offense intended.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:23 PM   #273
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Double Dola,

Unvote Neuqua
Vote Scoobz0202

Since I am tasteless etc etc.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:23 PM   #274
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
I don't need to lighten up when it comes to the game. You can claim that something is "only role-playing", but if you do something like that, it's automatically going to get scrutinized. You know that.

And yeah, it was annoying. I wasn't telling you to stop. I was just being honest.

Agreed.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 04:23 PM   #275
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
So you haven't been roleplaying that you have a Dissociative identity disorder? Since that is what that post implies.

If you have been roleplaying something else entirely then I will chalk it up as my roleplay ability sucks and I shouldn't bother reading any posts in roleplay.

In no way does option 1 in my post of what you might be doing seem like something bad for the village to me and in fact its what you have said you were doing..

You saying I pushed for your lynch is outright false though.

Pushing for my lynch and putting out comments that get others down the road that leads to my lynch are one and the same to me. If i said ALANS A WOLF, but didnt vote you, that wouldnt be pushing for your lynch by your standards.

Its a weak argument, im just saying...you were the one putting out the most ideas that made me look bad...that much is a fact.
Demotivation
Old 11-06-2006, 04:25 PM   #276
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Alan- Please don't read to into what I am saying. It's kind of like the situation last game with Saldana being replaced. I would rather see the person get replaced and have the new player have a say rather then vote to lynch them right away.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:26 PM   #277
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

It seems you have been talking to yourself at the very least, and multiple personalities seemed reasonable as well.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 04:26 PM   #278
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Double Dola,

Unvote Neuqua
Vote Scoobz0202

Since I am tasteless etc etc.

alan - no one said you were tasteless, chill. they said and I agreed it was in poor/bad taste. you can vote how you want it just didn't seem to be the right thing to do in his case. just like you said you don't like voting for a new player in their first game.

everyone needs to take a step back from the keyboard for a moment and take a deep breath...it's only day 1 and we're all getting too worked up.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:26 PM   #279
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
It seems you have been talking to yourself at the very least, and multiple personalities seemed reasonable as well.

Brian gets it
Demotivation
Old 11-06-2006, 04:27 PM   #280
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Alan- Please don't read to into what I am saying. It's kind of like the situation last game with Saldana being replaced. I would rather see the person get replaced and have the new player have a say rather then vote to lynch them right away.

Last game though saldana said he had to step down..thats the only reason we did that
Demotivation
Old 11-06-2006, 04:27 PM   #281
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Pushing for my lynch and putting out comments that get others down the road that leads to my lynch are one and the same to me. If i said ALANS A WOLF, but didnt vote you, that wouldnt be pushing for your lynch by your standards.

Its a weak argument, im just saying...you were the one putting out the most ideas that made me look bad...that much is a fact.

I can't help it that the only characters from J.R.R TOlkien's writings that came close to a Dissociative identity disorder were those who were affected by the ring and its alluring power and call. And those people were so drawn to it that they would often do unethical or selfish things in order to either obtain the ring or maintain holding on to it. (See Gollum with Deagol, Boromir with Frodo, Isildur, etc)

I have no problems with you roleplaying a role, but you have to be ready to take the heat that doing so will come with it. In your case the association to those type of people from the stories and how they behaved.

You know me well enough by now to know if I wanted to lynch you, I would be trying to give everyone every reason possible to do so right or wrong.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:29 PM   #282
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Okay, I definitly think Neuqua needs to get replaced and a lynch needs to happen tonight. With that being said, i dont like having to lynch a new guy, but if he doesn't even know he's playing, what other choice do we have? Hell, we might get lucky like we did in the football game and lynch a wolf!

vote Scoobz
Old 11-06-2006, 04:29 PM   #283
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
alan - no one said you were tasteless, chill. they said and I agreed it was in poor/bad taste. you can vote how you want it just didn't seem to be the right thing to do in his case. just like you said you don't like voting for a new player in their first game.

everyone needs to take a step back from the keyboard for a moment and take a deep breath...it's only day 1 and we're all getting too worked up.

I am actually more worked up about Blade claiming I said things i didn't then this

I just don't like people throwing out insults in a game when they don't need to be. You don't have to like my play but insults really are immature is all.

I'm honestly not too worked up over it.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:29 PM   #284
saldana
Pro Starter

i dont think there is an issue with voting for neuqua....i doubt he gives a crap about WW right now, and voting for him would be no different than voting for me in the football game...a real life issue that makes it impossible to play gives a logical vote for it being day one....its not personal at all, and actually does the GM a favor by not making them look for a replacement.

with that said, i think we need to get to a lynch number tonight, so since the sentiment is not to vote for neuqua, i wont either....i am still holding onto mine to make sure it goes towards actually getting to 13.

as far as blade goes, crazy does not equal bad, as some people have alluded to...when i was insane in the asylum game, i had to change my vote the number of times equal to whatever day number it was...and even though i ended up killing a teammate when i tried to remove my tumor, i was a good guy throughout and would have been even more valuable had i succeeded.

based on my knowledge of LOTR, smeagol would never be in Bree, so the assumption that blade is playing the role of smeagol/gollum is inherently flawed...not to say that blade isnt batshit crazy, but IMO, there is no way he is Smeagol, which means we have no basis for his good/evil alignment at this point.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 04:30 PM   #285
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Alant, you have more posts then almost everybody else in this game combined.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:31 PM   #286
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Brian gets it

Brian is agreeing with me though. I don't understand why saying you have been roleplaying as if you have a Dissociative identity disorder, and linking it to applicable situations from this story line is pushing for your lynch though.

Worst case, if you are what i think you are I have bigger fish to fry right now than you but at some point I bet your usefulness will end.

Best case, you have a role with Dissociative identity disorder but is entirely unlinked from the story line and if so, my not voting for you today would be good as well.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:31 PM   #287
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Brian gets it

I'm not sure I see a huge difference between the two states, but then I'm not sure I care either.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:32 PM   #288
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I can't help it that the only characters from J.R.R TOlkien's writings that came close to a Dissociative identity disorder were those who were affected by the ring and its alluring power and call. And those people were so drawn to it that they would often do unethical or selfish things in order to either obtain the ring or maintain holding on to it. (See Gollum with Deagol, Boromir with Frodo, Isildur, etc)

I have no problems with you roleplaying a role, but you have to be ready to take the heat that doing so will come with it. In your case the association to those type of people from the stories and how they behaved.

You know me well enough by now to know if I wanted to lynch you, I would be trying to give everyone every reason possible to do so right or wrong.

Not if your bad...you would let me get myself lynched...its too early in the game for wolves to be in the spotlight

You know me as well, im happy to take the heat. I role-played in part for the heat. At the same time, you have to expect me to defend myself. I didnt get mad when you accused me, when grammat did, etc. I got mad when schmidty and LSG started putting down my play style. Actually, they put me down becuase of my play style. You know me well enough to not expect me to defend myself. But i didnt vote them, just like you didnt vote me. I voted my top suspect, and went about playing the game
Demotivation
Old 11-06-2006, 04:33 PM   #289
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Alant, you have more posts then almost everybody else in this game combined.

How do you figure? hes at 31? im only like 4 back..
Demotivation
Old 11-06-2006, 04:34 PM   #290
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
i dont think there is an issue with voting for neuqua....i doubt he gives a crap about WW right now, and voting for him would be no different than voting for me in the football game...a real life issue that makes it impossible to play gives a logical vote for it being day one....its not personal at all, and actually does the GM a favor by not making them look for a replacement.

with that said, i think we need to get to a lynch number tonight, so since the sentiment is not to vote for neuqua, i wont either....i am still holding onto mine to make sure it goes towards actually getting to 13.

as far as blade goes, crazy does not equal bad, as some people have alluded to...when i was insane in the asylum game, i had to change my vote the number of times equal to whatever day number it was...and even though i ended up killing a teammate when i tried to remove my tumor, i was a good guy throughout and would have been even more valuable had i succeeded.

based on my knowledge of LOTR, smeagol would never be in Bree, so the assumption that blade is playing the role of smeagol/gollum is inherently flawed...not to say that blade isnt batshit crazy, but IMO, there is no way he is Smeagol, which means we have no basis for his good/evil alignment at this point.

In the story line Gollum did go to Bree a few times, it just never was during the times that the movies took place in. Gollum traveled anywhere he needed to in order to get his precious back (that included the Shire at times as well).

That said, I think Blade (and perhaps everyone else) is making too big of a deal over what my analysis was. I simply was explaining it for those who are not as aware of this "theme" to try to help. I'll stop trying to help if everyone doesn't want it.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:34 PM   #291
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
not to say that blade isnt batshit crazy

This will be the only time i dont take offense to that comment
Demotivation
Old 11-06-2006, 04:36 PM   #292
Fouts
College Starter

Bring back the crazy blade who talks to himself!
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 04:37 PM   #293
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Not if your bad...you would let me get myself lynched...its too early in the game for wolves to be in the spotlight

You know me as well, im happy to take the heat. I role-played in part for the heat. At the same time, you have to expect me to defend myself. I didnt get mad when you accused me, when grammat did, etc. I got mad when schmidty and LSG started putting down my play style. Actually, they put me down becuase of my play style. You know me well enough to not expect me to defend myself. But i didnt vote them, just like you didnt vote me. I voted my top suspect, and went about playing the game

I have no problem with you voting your top suspect. You just gave reasons being I said things that I never did say. Thats probably more of a red light for people then anything I ever did say.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:39 PM   #294
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I have no problem with you voting your top suspect. You just gave reasons being I said things that I never did say. Thats probably more of a red light for people then anything I ever did say.
Kill me, i dont care...i just think you have, and continue to paint me as a role not on the side of the village which is as good as calling me a wolf. You say its not, but it is. Like i said, around and around
Demotivation
Old 11-06-2006, 04:42 PM   #295
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Has anyone done any statistical analysis to see how often Blade and Alan have this fight in WW games?
Old 11-06-2006, 04:43 PM   #296
Fouts
College Starter

While I didn't see it in the rules, I'm going to assume that the villagers, rangers, and agents of dark are all hobbit, human or dwarf. Else we would be able to tell them on sight.

KWhit checked in, scoobz or nequa hasn't, so my vote is:

unvote KWhit

vote scoobz
Old 11-06-2006, 04:44 PM   #297
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Kill me, i dont care...i just think you have, and continue to paint me as a role not on the side of the village which is as good as calling me a wolf. You say its not, but it is. Like i said, around and around

Go ahead and keep saying that I'm trying to get you lynched today

Quote:
Has anyone done any statistical analysis to see how often Blade and Alan have this fight in WW games?

Blade would miss me if I wasn't in the game. I am the wind beneathe his wings.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:44 PM   #298
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts View Post
Bring back the crazy blade who talks to himself!

BRING BACK "SYBIL BLADE", BRING BACK "SYBIL BLADE", BRING BACK "SYBIL BLADE".
Pounding fists on table for effect.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 04:45 PM   #299
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:

It used to be entertaining, but now its just a rehash of past fights.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:46 PM   #300
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts View Post
It used to be entertaining, but now its just a rehash of past fights.

Hes just made i couldnt save him two nights in a row in the other game
Demotivation