Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-18-2007, 09:39 AM   #351
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonegavel View Post
Post 201 I thought I joined anxiety's team.

Got it, thanks for correcting me. Please give me a bold post indicating your join to cement your membership in La Resistance!
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 09:39 AM   #352
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I agree spleen. I think it's likely that Apocolypse chose a newer player so I would list gi, Talgian, and Bonegavel as possible targets for us today.

I'm assuming that I would be contacted by Apocolypse if I was chosen?

Damn cell phone has no messages.....
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 09:40 AM   #353
Barkeep49
Coordinator

An important point, which I don't think I've been as out front about as perhaps I could have been, is that there are the experienced and the not experienced. I think you're looking at a very different grouping of players if a newer person (which I include LSG in, for instance, since she hasn't played with some people like Sack and Eaglesfan) than if you have someone who's been around the block a few times. So while Alan I think your list looks excellent, I think it looks considerably less excellent if you're not Apocalypse.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 09:45 AM   #354
Barkeep49
Coordinator

So it looks to me like Captain America, Captain Britain, and Juggernaut are all with-out teams at the moment.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:49 AM   #355
spleen1015
Coordinator

Neither Captain America nor Juggernaut are mutants. Captain Britain is.

Do we want to invite Captain Britain to the party?
Old 01-18-2007, 09:53 AM   #356
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Neither Captain America nor Juggernaut are mutants. Captain Britain is.

Do we want to invite Captain Britain to the party?

This would complete the team in my opinion.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:59 AM   #357
Thomkal
Head Coach

(Cannonball)

Okay all caught up now. Sorry for my lack of presence in the game so far, I should be able to contribute more now. How about we all start our posts with our character names in parenthesis so we can identify each other easier and roleplay better?

Saw Taigan did not have info on Cannonball with his excellent summaries. Here's a summary you can use for him.

Cannonball-Sam Guthrie is the eldest child of a large family from rural Kentucky. He and several of his siblings have developed mutant abilities. He possesses the ability to bodily generate thermo-chemical energy and release it from his skin. This energy is used as thrust to cause his body to be propelled through the air at great heights with considerable speed and manueverability. This energy also manifests itself as an inpenetrable and virually indestructable "blast field". He can use this field as a personal shield, absorb outside kinetic energy into his own energy supply, then use it add to the bludgeoning power of his blows.

Sam is a founder of the New Mutants group, and has been a member of many other mutant groups including the X-Men and X-Force. Due to his upbringing, he is a "salt of the earth" kind of man, honest, well-mannered, and responsible.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 10:04 AM   #358
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Um spleen taken from the wikipedia article on Britian, under the heading "Age of Apocolypse"

Quote:
In the Age of Apocalypse, Brian Braddock never becomes Captain Britain, and is one of the members of the Human High Council... Braddock is also the most vocal advocate for the extermination of mutants,
Old 01-18-2007, 10:06 AM   #359
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I think Thomkal and Cannoball seem like a much better fit for our group. Thomkal would you be interested in joining Mutants First? We're a far more agreeable bunch than that ego maniac doom and the overtly evil Sinister.

If thomkal is interested spleen, Alan, would we like to have Thomkal join?
Old 01-18-2007, 10:08 AM   #360
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

JUGGERNAUT JOIN TEAM DOOM, SINISTER, AND CO.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:11 AM   #361
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
I think Thomkal and Cannoball seem like a much better fit for our group. Thomkal would you be interested in joining Mutants First? We're a far more agreeable bunch than that ego maniac doom and the overtly evil Sinister.

I'm cool with this. What do you say Thomkal?
Old 01-18-2007, 10:11 AM   #362
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So it looks to me like Captain America, Captain Britain, and Juggernaut are all with-out teams at the moment.

Iron Man is still officially without a team, although Captain America and I intend to work together.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 10:13 AM   #363
Thomkal
Head Coach

(Cannonball)

"Ah think we want to keep the teams as small as possible to make it easier to find the bad guys if you want my opinion. I'd be honored to join a team with mutants or you other heroes on it, whereever you think I fit best. And Ah know we've been reluctant to talk about it, but we're going to have choose who to beat up on first right?"

I think Apocalypse either went for all out veterans who tend to dominate the talking, all out newbies/quiet people, or a mix based on who he/she has worked well with before or someone who tends to be a good read of Apocalypse's player in other games. How's that for indecisive?

So how do we decide who to attack today? Do we gang up on one or two players who are likely to have high defenses/health while we have so many heroes who can attack them? Go after someone who hasn't joined a group yet, or one of the organizers of the group? Or just roll some dice and pick one at random?
Old 01-18-2007, 10:16 AM   #364
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

To the members of La Resistance

I know that it was decided to have only four members in our illustrious group, but I would like to formally invite Wolverine to join us in our crusade. I propose that we limit ourselves to five members, with the good Captain casting the deciding vote for our attack if the vote is split. I think that this way, we have a better chance of smoking out a Horseman if one of those vile creatures has dared to infiltrate us. Plus, we can really use Wolverine's attacking capabilities.

SPIDERMAN
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 10:19 AM   #365
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I do not know much about Cannonball, however as long as he is interested in working with us to reach our goals, I would welcome his company.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 10:20 AM   #366
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

(Cannonball)

"Well I've never been a big supporter of yur methods, Mr. Magneto, and Mystique over there has killed some of my fellow X-Men, and Warpath probably doesn't like me very much, but I sup'pose someone needs to keep an eye on you three. So I guess ah'm as good as any."

Yes I will join Mutant Force if invited.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:21 AM   #367
Thomkal
Head Coach

"oops I meant to say Mutant First of course. Can't even talk correctly"
Old 01-18-2007, 10:21 AM   #368
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Invite Cannoball to join Mutants First
Old 01-18-2007, 10:22 AM   #369
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Interesting factoid: There is only a 40% chance of a group having all good guys in it.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:23 AM   #370
Barkeep49
Coordinator

A group of 4 that is.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:27 AM   #371
spleen1015
Coordinator

Invite Cannonball/Thomkal to Mutants First
Old 01-18-2007, 10:34 AM   #372
Thomkal
Head Coach

Join Mutants First
Old 01-18-2007, 10:34 AM   #373
Thomkal
Head Coach

So a good idea to start our posts with our character names? Yes, No?
Old 01-18-2007, 10:35 AM   #374
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

(Warpath)

Yeah, I like that idea too, just to make things easier on who is who.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:40 AM   #375
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I have varying thoughts on who the Apocalypse would pick. I kind of agree with everyone else. One could make an argument that the Apocalypse would pick the best players because they could do more damage then harm in the early part of the game. They would also be able to cover up their tracks relatively easy and avoid making any critical mistakes. I do not think any "new" players were chosen for that reasoning.

I guess if we really want to figure out who the Apocalypse and the four-horsemen are, we have to get in their heads. I really do not know what direction this will go in, so it will be interesting to see.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:41 AM   #376
path12
Coordinator

Four pages overnight!?! Catching up.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:45 AM   #377
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Four pages overnight!?! Catching up.

Yes. We have a long way to go to surpass the last game I moderated for total posts
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 10:45 AM   #378
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
To the members of La Resistance

I know that it was decided to have only four members in our illustrious group, but I would like to formally invite Wolverine to join us in our crusade. I propose that we limit ourselves to five members, with the good Captain casting the deciding vote for our attack if the vote is split. I think that this way, we have a better chance of smoking out a Horseman if one of those vile creatures has dared to infiltrate us. Plus, we can really use Wolverine's attacking capabilities.

SPIDERMAN

I agree, wolvie is fine to be in by me.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 10:48 AM   #379
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Yes. We have a long way to go to surpass the last game I moderated for total posts

Just wanted to drop a note that I am already more excited about this game than I have been over any game I've not modded.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 10:50 AM   #380
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
On a quick run through, I would have chosen:

Blade
LSG
Jonathan Ezarik
gi

I would have picked:

Alan T
Chief Rum
Anxiety
Talgian
Old 01-18-2007, 10:57 AM   #381
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

One interesting thing I think to watch today will be to see how the teams that created a larger membership try to flex that muscle. I'm curious to see what the teams with 5 members choose to do. If they add one of the remaining teamless heros to make an even 6 to have the advantage of numbers over everyone else.

In some ways, I am starting to feel like this game is blending Werewolf with Survivor on how teams will work together.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:58 AM   #382
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I like that no one would pick me. Being a bad guy can be stressful on an Ardent.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:00 AM   #383
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
An important point, which I don't think I've been as out front about as perhaps I could have been, is that there are the experienced and the not experienced. I think you're looking at a very different grouping of players if a newer person (which I include LSG in, for instance, since she hasn't played with some people like Sack and Eaglesfan) than if you have someone who's been around the block a few times. So while Alan I think your list looks excellent, I think it looks considerably less excellent if you're not Apocalypse.

This is a very good point. We can throw out who we think Apocalypse picked, but the truth of the matter is that until we find one of the Horsemen, we have absolutely nothing to go on. Is Apocalypse a vet or a newer player? Would he/she pick based on the players or the characters?

For the record, I was somewhat expecting to be chosen as a Horsemen. Not that I think I'm a great player or anything, but as others have mentioned, I do kind of keep in the middle range of play. I'm not overly vocal and I'm not UTR. I float in the middle and would be an ideal Horseman candidate (IMO). The fact that I wasn't selected doesn't tell me a whole lot, at least not until we do find one of the Horsemen and we start to see how Apocalypse thinks.

SPIDERMAN
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 11:01 AM   #384
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
I felt a well-rounded team was best. I believe we could use someone with your talents Gambit, although of course the other team members would have to agree. It would be good to have a familiar face at my side old friend.

I would welcome Gambit into The Team. By the way, did we ever come up with a more palatable name?
Old 01-18-2007, 11:11 AM   #385
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Interesting factoid: There is only a 40% chance of a group having all good guys in it.

(Silver Surfer) I think it very likely that most if not all groups have a bad guy in them.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:27 AM   #386
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
On a quick run through, I would have chosen:

Blade
LSG
Jonathan Ezarik
gi

Damn you would have chosen me? Sweet! I feel loved. And I never would have choose Blade because he is so over the top with everything. I would have probably chosen Alant, path, raiders army, and somebody i didn't know, like bonevagal or gi
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 11:35 AM   #387
spleen1015
Coordinator

(Mystique)

Mutants First, I will be unavailable after 7:30pm tonight until after lynch. I'll be able to read the board, but not post.

So, I would like to decide what we need to do so that I know what we are doing. Since Day 1 is so random, do we want to go with a random person or use some "Who would Apocalypse pick?" logic to figure out who we attack today?
Old 01-18-2007, 11:39 AM   #388
gi
College Prospect

I'd like to join a team if one will have me. Not all the teams can have something against Brit's
Old 01-18-2007, 11:39 AM   #389
SackAttack
Head Coach

Tony, sounds good.

Got any ideas for a team name?
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 11:45 AM   #390
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Accept Wolverine into Team Le Resistance

I really only wanted four on my team but since Spiderman insisted....
Old 01-18-2007, 11:46 AM   #391
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Tony, sounds good.

Got any ideas for a team name?

[Iron Man - Tony Stark]

The Avengers appears to be available. You were the first and greatest leader, so it seems appropriate. However, if you want something new and original, I'm fine with that, Steve.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 11:48 AM   #392
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
(Mystique)

Mutants First, I will be unavailable after 7:30pm tonight until after lynch. I'll be able to read the board, but not post.

So, I would like to decide what we need to do so that I know what we are doing. Since Day 1 is so random, do we want to go with a random person or use some "Who would Apocalypse pick?" logic to figure out who we attack today?

(warpath)

Normally on day 1 I don't have a problem throwing out a vote early on since you can just change it later. Since in this game once you do an attack, you've used your attack I want to be a bit more cautious is all. We can decide on some plan of action before you have to go, but I would like to look further into what things happen today before I am ready to make a move.

-Do you go after someone in a larger team and risk the retalliation of that team?
- Do you go after someone who isn't in a team or on a smaller team to be able to battle off any form of retalliation that may come?

We also had Silver Moon offer a loose alliance at least in the early going while we might have mutual goals to accomplish that we should consider.

-Do we team up with them and go after someone making it very tough for the other person to defend themselves?

Also in selecting a target, I guess everyone has different type of attacks and are vulnerable to certain types of things.

-Do we choose someone less likely to have some insane defense like Hulk or someone to make sure we get the most bang to our buck?
Old 01-18-2007, 11:49 AM   #393
spleen1015
Coordinator

(Mystique)

Mutants First, what do you guys think about attacking Hawkeye(Chief Rum) today?
Old 01-18-2007, 11:52 AM   #394
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Le Reistance

We need to think of somebody to attack today. It is almost agreed on that Apocolypse chose somebody considered a 'pro' and somebody new. What do you think about Alant or gi?
Old 01-18-2007, 11:52 AM   #395
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
(Mystique)

Mutants First, what do you guys think about attacking Hawkeye(Chief Rum) today?

I would rather avoid attacking anyone on Silver Moon at least day 1 as Moon (Blade) has shown himself interesting in working for a common goal early on.

My thoughts would be early on to either show Doom that he is all talk and look at someone on his team, or perhaps look at the small pairing of Capt. America and Iron Man as those both are players whom I would have chosen as Apocolypse.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:52 AM   #396
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
(warpath)

Normally on day 1 I don't have a problem throwing out a vote early on since you can just change it later. Since in this game once you do an attack, you've used your attack I want to be a bit more cautious is all. We can decide on some plan of action before you have to go, but I would like to look further into what things happen today before I am ready to make a move.

-Do you go after someone in a larger team and risk the retalliation of that team?
- Do you go after someone who isn't in a team or on a smaller team to be able to battle off any form of retalliation that may come?

We also had Silver Moon offer a loose alliance at least in the early going while we might have mutual goals to accomplish that we should consider.

-Do we team up with them and go after someone making it very tough for the other person to defend themselves?

Also in selecting a target, I guess everyone has different type of attacks and are vulnerable to certain types of things.

-Do we choose someone less likely to have some insane defense like Hulk or someone to make sure we get the most bang to our buck?

Well, if we align ourselves with Silver Moon, the Hawkeye is out of the equation for today. I just mentioned him as a possiblity because he didn't want to join our team.

To the members of Silver Moon, are you guys interested in an alliance?
Old 01-18-2007, 11:54 AM   #397
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

(Warpath)

Of course if Marvel chooses to take the path after me, I would feel the need to retaliate as I have already stated several times why I would have been a horrible pick for a horseman (the very likely reason why I was not chosen as one)
Old 01-18-2007, 11:54 AM   #398
gi
College Prospect

It'll be interesting for me to experience a Turn 1 death on my first game. Innocence has a price.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:55 AM   #399
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Le Reistance

We need to think of somebody to attack today. It is almost agreed on that Apocolypse chose somebody considered a 'pro' and somebody new. What do you think about Alant or gi?

You guys need to forget about Alan for the time being. I hope you're listening.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:56 AM   #400
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Accept Wolverine into Team Le Resistance

I really only wanted four on my team but since Spiderman insisted....

(Wolverine)

**removes cigar nub from mouth**

I can always go solo, doll. No sweat off my ass.

I knew I should've waited for Chuck.

**Storms off mumbling something about a person named Jean**

Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote