Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-19-2007, 04:49 PM   #151
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

ardent seems like an even odder choice because he's often a lightning-rod for controversy, drawing a lot of attention even when he's a good guy... the sort of player that's valuable for wolves to draw attention away from themselves.

I'm going to be gone for a while starting in five minutes or so. I will probably not be back until after the deadline.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 04:54 PM   #152
st.cronin
General Manager

Actually I think the guys who had the most to say about ardent in that game were Jonathan E and kingfc, neither one of whom is playing. I think is a dead end.

Ardent voted for saldana. Guys, it doesn't get any easier than this. I think you have to try real hard to find somebody other than saldana to vote for.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 04:56 PM   #153
hoopsguy
General Manager

Pass, I thought of it because it was the most recent drama involving Ardent Enthusiast that I could recall. And it was messier, with him invading other threads, than most of the blowups in WW-land.

Again, I was just trying to piece together in my mind why somoene might have selected AE for the Night 1 kill.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 04:57 PM   #154
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
Are you saying this in a sense of, "as a wolf I would have enough knowledge to know who to vote for", or in a sense of, "if I were a wolf, I know who I would want to vote for assuming that they were not a wolf too"?

Basically, what I'm getting after is, do you think that there's somebody on the block who's more likely to be receiving votes from wolves?

im was saying im a better and more decisive wolf than villager. if im still alive after 3 or 4 days its likely because im a wolf in sheeps clothing
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 04:59 PM   #155
hoopsguy
General Manager

Does anyone have a vote total at this point? I know Lathum said he wasn't going to be around much before the deadline so we probably need to have this ready. I'll put one together when I get home from work if there isn't something up by then.

For lack of a better option, I'll probably now turn my attention more fully to the Cronin/Saldana/Alan triangle. It sounds like most people are voting, or at least considering votes, in this area. So it probably makes sense to figure out which of these guys I trust the most.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:05 PM   #156
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Actually I think the guys who had the most to say about ardent in that game were Jonathan E and kingfc, neither one of whom is playing. I think is a dead end.

Ardent voted for saldana. Guys, it doesn't get any easier than this. I think you have to try real hard to find somebody other than saldana to vote for.

i cant believe you are using that as your reasoning...that has the gotta be the oldest wolf play in the world to cast suspicion on someone...

"saldana had the second most votes yesterday, so lets kill one of the people that voted for him so it looks like he was out for revenge"

you are really pushing hard on me while using the most flawed logic i have seen in a long time.

vote st cronin
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 05:11 PM   #157
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I would think that St. cronin's suggestion that Ardent was killed for revenge preposturous. I think that the person for whom the night one voted for is mostly a good guy. So I know I shant be voting for Saldana today. Even though Ithink st cronin usually knows vbetter than that iam not sure I want to pull the trigger on him either.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 05:16 PM   #158
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
I would think that St. cronin's suggestion that Ardent was killed for revenge preposturous. I think that the person for whom the night one voted for is mostly a good guy. So I know I shant be voting for Saldana today. Even though Ithink st cronin usually knows vbetter than that iam not sure I want to pull the trigger on him either.

Actually hoopsguy was the one who suggested ardent was a revenge kill. I haven't speculated on why ardent was killed. My suggestion is that ardent's kill, and yesterday's vote, makes saldana a person of interest, and that there is nobody else who is as interesting. He's going to be a topic of discussion until something else happens, such as a seer coming out and saying what side saldana is on.

I'm using pure logic, here. I DO encourage people to find their own candidates, though. That's a way to make today's vote meaningful.

knives out
Old 06-19-2007, 05:21 PM   #159
Passacaglia
Coordinator

As I start to leave work, I'll need to put in a vote soon. In an effort to avoid "The Triangle," I'm looking somewhere else. I'm suspicious of cronin, but there's enough suspicion on him, and I'd rather see how this plays out with others before casting a vote on him myself. I'm looking at LSG, since it was her vote that put 4 on CR, making it a runaway.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 05:21 PM   #160
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Actually hoopsguy was the one who suggested ardent was a revenge kill. I haven't speculated on why ardent was killed. My suggestion is that ardent's kill, and yesterday's vote, makes saldana a person of interest, and that there is nobody else who is as interesting. He's going to be a topic of discussion until something else happens, such as a seer coming out and saying what side saldana is on.

I'm using pure logic, here. I DO encourage people to find their own candidates, though. That's a way to make today's vote meaningful.

I should have been clearer. I dont remember you calling it a revenge killing, but using those two pieces of information certainly implied that to me. I do find it intersting we have a whole lot of folks with one vote and the current leader (you ) has 2. it isnt the run away that I imagined
Old 06-19-2007, 05:28 PM   #161
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Pass, I thought of it because it was the most recent drama involving Ardent Enthusiast that I could recall. And it was messier, with him invading other threads, than most of the blowups in WW-land.

Again, I was just trying to piece together in my mind why somoene might have selected AE for the Night 1 kill.

That makes sense. I don't think it really involved anyone else in this game other than me and Barkeep. I agree with st.cronin -- probably nothing to see here.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:32 PM   #162
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Well ineed to leave here for play practice, so iwill go ahead and put in my vote. I really dont currently see any of the Alan-st Cronin-saldana as wolves (at the moment). So I will go with another that has been pretty quiet.
Vote Swaggs
Old 06-19-2007, 05:39 PM   #163
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Actually hoopsguy was the one who suggested ardent was a revenge kill.

yeah...from 6 games ago in a game i wasnt even playing in!

you are making me feel better and better about my vote when you take facts like that entirely out of context in further attempts to incriminate me
Old 06-19-2007, 05:41 PM   #164
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
yeah...from 6 games ago in a game i wasnt even playing in!

you are making me feel better and better about my vote when you take facts like that entirely out of context in further attempts to incriminate me

What are you talking about? Are you even paying attention? I completely dismissed that line of reasoning.

knives out
Old 06-19-2007, 05:45 PM   #165
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Wow, two votes on Swaggs for being quiet -- I'd imagine there are folks around at least as quiet as Swaggs, if not quieter.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:45 PM   #166
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

here is your entire post...where exactly do you dismiss that line of reasoning.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:47 PM   #167
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I'm assuming the problem is that the term "revenge kill" is being used in two different ways -- one sense that it was a revenge kill from the votes yesterday, and another that it was a revenge kill from a previous game. Perhaps people should be more clear when they talk about which one they mean.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:49 PM   #168
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

or maybe it was this one where the dismissal occurred
Old 06-19-2007, 05:53 PM   #169
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

RendeR has been quiet...
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 05:56 PM   #170
saldana
Pro Starter

saldana (1)- cronin
cronin (2)- alant, saldana
hoops (1)- lsg
daddytorgo (1) - render
swaggs (2)- mr. w, ntn
Old 06-19-2007, 05:58 PM   #171
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Time for me to head out. I'm putting in my vote.

VOTE LONESTARGIRL
Old 06-19-2007, 06:01 PM   #172
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

VOTE SWAGGS

ties are bad for business. Let's see if stirring the pot brings anything to the surface.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:07 PM   #173
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
saldana (1)- cronin
hoops (1)- lsg
daddytorgo (1) - render
swaggs (2)- mr. w, ntn, daddytorgo
lsg (1) - pass

updated for last two votes
Old 06-19-2007, 06:35 PM   #174
hoopsguy
General Manager

Saldana, how much of your vote for Cronin is because he is stubbornly going after you? Do you think he is a wolf or are you just frustrated by his position?

I've got to mow the lawn, but should be back well before deadline to get my vote in.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:43 PM   #175
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Like I said earlier, my vote on cronin isn't steadfast, I could move it, but right now, haven't really received any feeling to make me want to just yet.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 06:46 PM   #176
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Saldana, how much of your vote for Cronin is because he is stubbornly going after you? Do you think he is a wolf or are you just frustrated by his position?

I've got to mow the lawn, but should be back well before deadline to get my vote in.

a little bit of both...he isnt making sense, and he is coming after me full bore with really nothing. but i have nothing better to go on, so if something better came up, i wouldnt be against moving it
Old 06-19-2007, 07:17 PM   #177
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
RendeR has been quiet...

Have not.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 07:22 PM   #178
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

aww nuts, my vote is going to be the tiebreaker. let me read up and take a wild guess
Old 06-19-2007, 07:24 PM   #179
st.cronin
General Manager

There's still over two hours to deadline, right? So no rush.

knives out
Old 06-19-2007, 07:25 PM   #180
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

ok im voting for

Vote Passacaglia
Old 06-19-2007, 07:39 PM   #181
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
ok im voting for

Vote Passacaglia

any reason for that, or just trying to have absolutely no impact on what is happening in the game
Old 06-19-2007, 07:45 PM   #182
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
any reason for that, or just trying to have absolutely no impact on what is happening in the game

its better than a negative impact.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:50 PM   #183
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I think I'm entitled to a bit more reasoning than that.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:07 PM   #184
st.cronin
General Manager

Hoopsguy, Barkeep, and Swaggs haven't voted yet? Is that the complete list?

knives out
Old 06-19-2007, 08:10 PM   #185
Swaggs
Coordinator

Well, I was going to place a vote for ntndeacon because I thought his vote yesterday was kind of quietly placed and a throway, much like I would have done if I were trying to stay under the radar as a wolf.

Now, having caught up, it seems like there is a semi-swell against me, so looks like I'll have to go the self-preservation route. I'm not sure if the momentum against me is planned to protect someone else or not, but it will be interesting to see if saldana/Alan T/st.cronin go late against me, with the others.

I actually think I am going to go ahead with my gut and vote for ntndeacon and hope I get some support. At worst, I am a just a ticket winner, so at least you guys wouldn't be lynching our seer.

Vote ntndeacon
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 08:11 PM   #186
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, so the votes look like this (basing off earlier list):

swaggs (3)- mr. w, ntn, daddytorgo
saldana (1)- cronin
hoops (1)- lsg
daddytorgo (1) - render
lsg (1) - pass
pass (1) - bullet

I've got zero interest in casting a vote for someone without one yet at this point, and the "Swaggs = quiet" doesn't carry much weight for me at this stage in the game. So, with a vote that feels just slightly more informed than a Day 1, I'll go with a vote for LSG. I know that I'm just a stock golden ticket winner without any ulterior motives, so that tells me that I'm not voting for the seer. That is enough for me to put her up closer to the top in votes.

VOTE LONESTARGIRL
Old 06-19-2007, 08:14 PM   #187
saldana
Pro Starter

saldana (1)- cronin
hoops (1)- lsg
daddytorgo (1) - render
swaggs (3)- mr. w, ntn, daddytorgo
lsg (2) - pass, hoops
pass (1) - bulletsponge
ntn (1) - swaggs

still to vote - barkeep
Old 06-19-2007, 08:14 PM   #188
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

saldana (1)- cronin
hoops (1)- lsg
daddytorgo (1) - render
swaggs (2)- mr. w, ntn, daddytorgo
lsg (1) - pass
bullet (1) - pass
ntn (1) - swaggs
Old 06-19-2007, 08:17 PM   #189
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

no way swaggus swaggus would vote for someone to not bring it closer together unless he was a villager and believed in his actions and was willing to sacrifice himself. Well i'm not going to put him to death

UNVOTE SWAGGS

now I just gotta figure out where to vote
Old 06-19-2007, 08:20 PM   #190
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

saldana (1)- cronin
hoops (1)- lsg
daddytorgo (1) - render
swaggs (2)- mr. w, ntn,
lsg (1) - pass
bullet (1) - pass
ntn (1) - swaggs

to vote: barkeep, DT
Old 06-19-2007, 08:21 PM   #191
saldana
Pro Starter

is anyone else bothered by the blatant throwaway by bullet?
Old 06-19-2007, 08:24 PM   #192
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

im not
Old 06-19-2007, 08:24 PM   #193
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

sal's count is right. Somehow I missed bullet's vote for pass in mine. Which is...weird. Bullet is normally too good a player for that.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:24 PM   #194
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

LOL @ bullet
Old 06-19-2007, 08:31 PM   #195
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

well I'm in a bad situation.

I don't think cronin is bad enough to vote for him. And I won't vote for Swaggs now since circumstantial evidence points to him as good. So that leaves me either a) no-voting, or b) creating a 3-way tie with somebody.

And neither of those is really going to endear me to anyone. And since I now believe Swaggs to be a villager (although I have no evidence he has any additional knowledge), I will take a leap of faith that maybe he has some type of inside information or has noticed something.

VOTE NTN

Old 06-19-2007, 08:33 PM   #196
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
sal's count is right. Somehow I missed bullet's vote for pass in mine. Which is...weird. Bullet is normally too good a player for that.

you overestimate my ability to be paranoid
Old 06-19-2007, 08:36 PM   #197
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

ok ill jump on the "trust swaggs" bandwagon, and change my vote

Unvote Passacaglui

Vote Ntndeacon

both are on my do not trust list, so its not a big leap
Old 06-19-2007, 08:40 PM   #198
st.cronin
General Manager

Very strange vote total, in my opinion.

knives out
Old 06-19-2007, 08:43 PM   #199
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
ok im voting for

Vote Passacaglia

I think Bullet has a crush on me and since you voted for me Pass, the only thing he could do is retaliate
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 08:44 PM   #200
Swaggs
Coordinator

Just to be clear, I absolutely do not have any insider information on ntndeacon. As I said earlier, I just picked him based on the manner in which he voted yesterday. And then, the semi-run on me, which included him, kind of strengthened that feeling.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote