Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-18-2007, 06:51 AM   #351
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Not sure yet what to make of things. I will need to see how the night passes and if we find out anything new. Of course, I leave for work before the night deadline, but I only work one job tomorrow. I will be around tomorrow late, probably for the last two hours up to the deadline or so.

I'm still leaning toward bulletsponge, but I am alsotrying to digest the intricacies of yesterday's vote, and particular the moves made by Alan and Render. It might also be a good idea to look at the ones who broke the ties. I think I was even one of those, actually.

I am interested in you going into details more about what you didn't like about my vote. At the time of my voting, it was a 1 vote lead for Bulletsponge. I had the option to vote for BS and make it a run away, which would mean we would lose any last minute vote switches (like we had) which mighr or might not be meaningful.

Or I had the option to vote for Ardent or Ntndeacon (both of whom had 2 votes at the time), which would have kept it at a 1 vote lead for Bulletsponge (who had his vote on someone else and could move it to tie things up as we saw he did), however in my point of view I don't think I necessarily agreed that Ardent = wolf, and while ntn was a choice, it was really a toss up between him, BS, DT and half a few other people for me.

Or I had the option to do what many did and just throw away my vote on someone else.

You can disagree with my reasoning if you want, but as both BS and DT had votes they could move to save themselves if they wanted, my vote for DT neither condemned nor saved either of them. What it did do was keep things close where others could try to save their friend if for some reason a wolf was on the line there. I don't know if we have any way to ever learn what DT's role was, but I don't feel bad about my vote at all.

Instead of just throwing my name out there grouped up with Render who had a very different type of vote (his was at the deadline, where mine was announced with almost half an hour to go and plenty of people around), his appeared to almost try to save DT, where mine was fairly neutral to either of them... Why don't you give your reasons why you didn't like the move, or what you thought was strange about it. Its not like you Chief to just name drop without thoughtful analysis behind it.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 07:13 AM   #352
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Of course I get the logic, its just these damn morals of mine that TELLE has nurtured for a decade that keep getting in my way!

For the record, if I was in the same position as BS I would have made a self-preservation move.. since I know I'm human but would be unsure of the other person. If I somehow had some prior knowledge of the other person's humanity then I might do differently.. especially if it was someone with a special role.

However, if in the same position as RendeR I would have also have moved to force a tie out of spite for the self-preservationist.

So, there ya go.. I'm a typical human hypocrite.. I'd save my own skin but damn someone else who tried to save theirs
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 07:50 AM   #353
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
So, there ya go.. I'm a typical human hypocrite.. I'd save my own skin but damn someone else who tried to save theirs
I find this absolutely appalling.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:06 AM   #354
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Anyone have a sense of when we'll see the night actions? I hate waiting in suspense like this.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:08 AM   #355
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Anyone have a sense of when we'll see the night actions? I hate waiting in suspense like this.

Night actions are due by 10am.. so I'd think we'll see them shortly after that.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:09 AM   #356
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
I find this absolutely appalling.

Guess I'm not as moral as RendeR thinks then
Old 07-18-2007, 08:15 AM   #357
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Night actions are due by 10am.. so I'd think we'll see them shortly after that.
Wow. We have short days then. It'll be interesting to see how that impacts gameplay.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:39 AM   #358
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I'm feeling a little less likely to think of RendeR as a wolf based on this vote. Isn't this pretty much exactly what he got busted for last game? Why would he do it again, and so early in the game this time? On the other hand, perhaps he thinks it was LSG's link with me that doomed him, and that he could have got away with it if not for that.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:40 AM   #359
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:

someone will die. but it wont be me because any wolf worth his weight in wolf crap would sense a hangin in my near future
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:51 AM   #360
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I'm feeling a little less likely to think of RendeR as a wolf based on this vote. Isn't this pretty much exactly what he got busted for last game? Why would he do it again, and so early in the game this time? On the other hand, perhaps he thinks it was LSG's link with me that doomed him, and that he could have got away with it if not for that.

Just to clarify Pass, the link is exactly what busted me. She got a PM about it with my name in it. So that vote didn't make any real difference at the time. Was just a bad coin flip that we chose to off you instead of path or hoops on that night. One of the three lucky shots that won the game for the goody-goodies last game =)
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:03 AM   #361
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Just to clarify Pass, the link is exactly what busted me. She got a PM about it with my name in it. So that vote didn't make any real difference at the time. Was just a bad coin flip that we chose to off you instead of path or hoops on that night. One of the three lucky shots that won the game for the goody-goodies last game =)

So in other words, you would have gotten away with it if not for those meddling kids?

And if you were a wolf, you would have no problems doing the same move again eh?
Old 07-18-2007, 10:11 AM   #362
Telle
College Starter

Ok, it's after 11 now. Where the heck are the night actions already??

I'm beginning to think I don't have the temperament for this game.. it doesn't provide total instant gratification!
Old 07-18-2007, 10:12 AM   #363
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Ok, it's after 11 now. Where the heck are the night actions already??

I'm beginning to think I don't have the temperament for this game.. it doesn't provide total instant gratification!

lol, usually it does but since Tanglewood is on another continent I guess we should cut him some slack.

that being said he needs to hurry up!!!
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:16 AM   #364
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
lol, usually it does but since Tanglewood is on another continent I guess we should cut him some slack.

Yeah, but, ummm.. I've been resisting the urge to post that since about 10:05
Old 07-18-2007, 10:33 AM   #365
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

He was around earlier at 9am.. so its not like he overslept the deadline by about 3 hours or anything.. not that any GMs would ever do that when they run a game!
Old 07-18-2007, 10:34 AM   #366
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

Killing me was probably the right move that night -- I was probably the most trusted person alive, plus there was the off-chance that my link with LSG would have killed her too. But the lynch on AE really exposed you as a wolf, and I'm pretty sure that even if path or hoops were killed that night, your vote revealed you as a wolf.

Do you see, though, how this move looks very similar to your vote for hoops in the last game? You come out with a comment about how you don't like someone's rather innocuous action, then cast a potentially deciding vote to save someone else. That was a wolf move in the last game -- why isn't it one this game?
Old 07-18-2007, 10:35 AM   #367
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
He was around earlier at 9am.. so its not like he overslept the deadline by about 3 hours or anything.. not that any GMs would ever do that when they run a game!

easy buddy, my schedule is very unpredictable!
Old 07-18-2007, 10:39 AM   #368
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Sorry about the delay. The night actions are being processed currently.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:51 AM   #369
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

The morning news is bleak reading for the inhabitants of the city. It appears that the rouge replicants have struck and killed an innocent member of the public in their deranged quest. An autopsy confirmed that it was the body of Passacaglia found in a dumpster behind a popular bar at 8 in the morning.

Day 2 begins, deadline 9pm EST
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 11:20 AM   #370
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I have not received any dream from last night.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:21 AM   #371
Barkeep49
Coordinator

So in order of most suspicious to less supicious here are the people I'm looking at today:
Bulletsponge (He says he's a wolf, who am I to doubt him)
RendeR (Last minute vote still feels fishy to me. Wish we had insight on DT)
Swaggs (Whole dream conflict thing with AE)
Old 07-18-2007, 11:21 AM   #372
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I have not received any dream from last night.

me neither
Old 07-18-2007, 11:22 AM   #373
Telle
College Starter

Me neither. Maybe he was only doing a dream for the first PM and you only get a night action PM if you have a special role that allows night actions? (like scanning/killing)
Old 07-18-2007, 11:22 AM   #374
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Ha! Chumps!
Old 07-18-2007, 11:27 AM   #375
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
So in order of most suspicious to less supicious here are the people I'm looking at today:
Bulletsponge (He says he's a wolf, who am I to doubt him)
RendeR (Last minute vote still feels fishy to me. Wish we had insight on DT)
Swaggs (Whole dream conflict thing with AE)

Btw, Alan T also said something about "being evil" in post 111. And while I assume that he was being sarcastic and Bulletsponge was making an attempt at humor, I think it certainly doesn't "help the village" to be purposely tossing out comments that can do nothing but lead to confusion.. and thus anyone doing such is either a replicant or a human that we don't need around.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:32 AM   #376
path12
Coordinator

I received no information at all last night. Why Pass? I'll go back through his posts and take a look.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:33 AM   #377
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
In fact, the girl described in my PM seemed to be very obviously not human. Sounds like a good plan. I obviously am evil. So everyone come out and vote me. Its just the strategy I would use.

Telle, this comes off to me as a sarcastic comment to his name being brought up. I don't know that there's anything else there. Could be, I guess, but this doesn't make me think one way or the other about Alan.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:34 AM   #378
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Btw, Alan T also said something about "being evil" in post 111. And while I assume that he was being sarcastic and Bulletsponge was making an attempt at humor, I think it certainly doesn't "help the village" to be purposely tossing out comments that can do nothing but lead to confusion.. and thus anyone doing such is either a replicant or a human that we don't need around.
A very fair point indeed. I will point out though that bullet has still yet to offer a defense for his actions and I still believe has not posted about his dream. I find his lack of defense somewhat disconcerting as well. I know that when I was so close to being killed in the last game I came out strong in my defense each time.

Telle who are you looking at today?
Old 07-18-2007, 11:35 AM   #379
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Here is the post she referrs to... This after Render came flying out with a vote on me for no good reason whatso ever.

Quote:
In fact, the girl described in my PM seemed to be very obviously not human. Sounds like a good plan. I obviously am evil. So everyone come out and vote me. Its just the strategy I would use.

So yeah, if you don't need me around, go right ahead and vote for me. So far that is three people who've come out after me without a real good reason (Render, Chief Rum and Telle). I have no problem if people question my moves, but the quick toss outs of my name without any real explanation just appears to be nothing more than feelers to see if they can get someone else to bite on it.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:40 AM   #380
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

VOTE ALANT
Old 07-18-2007, 11:42 AM   #381
twothree
College Prospect

No new dream tonight. Which to me means it was probably all flavor text.

The only thing I know for certain is that Passacaglia was human. And, the only one who voted for Passacaglia, unless I missed a post, was bulletsponge who changed his vote to DaddyTorgo.
twothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 11:47 AM   #382
path12
Coordinator

Post recap for Passacaglia:

#146 -- Checks in, had crazy dream about New York City.
#152 -- meaningless
#158 -- It would seem hard to find someone sent to Mars
#159 -- Maybe that is why no reveal after lynch
#215 -- Reply to Barkeep -- who dreamt of NYC besides me?
#255 -- Everyone cleared oddities except DT and AE. Since DT has more votes, votes AE.
(After this vote standings are: DT and bullet 3, AE and ntn 2)
#332 -- Replys to DT re lynch.
#358 -- Thinks less likely Render is wolf, "isn't this what he got busted for last time?"
#366 -- To Render about how his vote related to situation last game.

Dead.

Not much there.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:48 AM   #383
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
VOTE ALANT

Why?
Old 07-18-2007, 11:49 AM   #384
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
VOTE ALANT
Lathum is now our biggest source of unintentional humor voting immediately after someone complains about people voting for them without explanation in the last two games.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:50 AM   #385
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Was I wrong when I said someone besides Pass had a NYC dream?
Old 07-18-2007, 11:50 AM   #386
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
A very fair point indeed. I will point out though that bullet has still yet to offer a defense for his actions and I still believe has not posted about his dream. I find his lack of defense somewhat disconcerting as well. I know that when I was so close to being killed in the last game I came out strong in my defense each time.

Telle who are you looking at today?

I'm still looking at Bullet, unless something more compelling comes up. I'm not that convinced he is a wolf.. but he really hasn't added much to things and if he is a villager then his attempt at humor has sent us on a wild goose chase which could have made us miss other things, and thus, as I said just previously, isn't worth keeping around.

Although after Alan T's response I'd say he's either in a really bad mood of a wolf playing overly defensive.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:52 AM   #387
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
I'm still looking at Bullet, unless something more compelling comes up. I'm not that convinced he is a wolf.. but he really hasn't added much to things and if he is a villager then his attempt at humor has sent us on a wild goose chase which could have made us miss other things, and thus, as I said just previously, isn't worth keeping around.

Although after Alan T's response I'd say he's either in a really bad mood of a wolf playing overly defensive.

Edit of last line: Although after Alan T's response I'd say he's either in a really bad mood OR a wolf playing overly defensive.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:55 AM   #388
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Lathum is now our biggest source of unintentional humor voting immediately after someone complains about people voting for them without explanation in the last two games.

do you not find it funny?
Old 07-18-2007, 11:59 AM   #389
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I'm not in a bad mood, I just like to have good reasons people vote for me. Your reason for tossing my name out was very suspicious in my mind, and so far alot of your actions have been fairly linked to someone who I also find suspicious (Render).. I thus far have told myself its because its your first game, but you both seem to be pushing very odd angles in my mind this game.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:59 AM   #390
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I found it funnier last game
Old 07-18-2007, 12:08 PM   #391
hoopsguy
General Manager

You could always misquote his posts and get him lynched as revenge.

Don't mind me, just passing through.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:09 PM   #392
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Lathum is amusing. And who is this Gonzo person lurking in our thread? He should play next game
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:09 PM   #393
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
You could always misquote his posts and get him lynched as revenge.

Don't mind me, just passing through.

Old 07-18-2007, 12:09 PM   #394
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Hoops you just can't stay away.... you are definitely becoming Lathum's nemesis
Old 07-18-2007, 12:12 PM   #395
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Lathum is amusing. And who is this Gonzo person lurking in our thread? He should play next game

Old 07-18-2007, 12:12 PM   #396
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Was I wrong when I said someone besides Pass had a NYC dream?

I think so. I never saw any other mention of NYC.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:13 PM   #397
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Anyway, I think this game is going to be very hard to win as a village. Unless there are only two wolves out there (but i suspect 3 with perhaps a chance at 4) the village is going to have to work together to come up with a wolf. And even if we do get one, its not like we know it!

Also, we all know BulletSponge is kind of a funny character. What he said about being a wolf is right up there with the rest of the crap he has said and done in previous games. I dont think he should be punished for it... yet

And Third, everybody admits Pass kicked ass last game right? And today he is the first to go, I think we should look at the veterans from last game... they are smart enough to kill off the 'strongest' player if they think he is a threat to them.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:16 PM   #398
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Anyway, I think this game is going to be very hard to win as a village. Unless there are only two wolves out there (but i suspect 3 with perhaps a chance at 4) the village is going to have to work together to come up with a wolf. And even if we do get one, its not like we know it!

Also, we all know BulletSponge is kind of a funny character. What he said about being a wolf is right up there with the rest of the crap he has said and done in previous games. I dont think he should be punished for it... yet

And Third, everybody admits Pass kicked ass last game right? And today he is the first to go, I think we should look at the veterans from last game... they are smart enough to kill off the 'strongest' player if they think he is a threat to them.
So who are those veterans we should look at? I mean clearly I would be on such a list, but I'm curious to see who else you're looking at with that logic.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:17 PM   #399
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
It is amusing to a certain extent but it would be nice if you'd actually back up your assertions. Seems like the easy way out.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:20 PM   #400
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I think it would be prudent to look at

Alant (duh)
Barkeep
Path
Ntn
Cronin

Lathum was dead early and was too pissed to really follow the game I believe, I don't think that smart, Rum was barely there because of work, and the rest aren't veterans or didn't play last game